Start by marking “A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)” as Want to Read:
A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)

A ​Court of Silver Flames

(A Court of Thorns and Roses #4)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  128,152 ratings  ·  19,270 reviews
Nesta Archeron has always been prickly-proud, swift to anger, and slow to forgive. And ever since being forced into the Cauldron and becoming High Fae against her will, she's struggled to find a place for herself within the strange, deadly world she inhabits. Worse, she can't seem to move past the horrors of the war with Hybern and all she lost in it.

The one person who ign
Published February 16th 2021 by Bloomsbury Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A ​Court of Silver Flames, please sign up.
Vasiliki Kentrou Denial, stalking Sarah's twitter for even the tiniest updates, endless re-reads of ACOTAR, ACOMAF, and book 3, trying to read other books to keep our …moreDenial, stalking Sarah's twitter for even the tiniest updates, endless re-reads of ACOTAR, ACOMAF, and book 3, trying to read other books to keep our mind distracted and failing miserably, and most importantly:

TEARS. ENDLESS TEARS.
description(less)
Bonner I hope it's a spinoff. I feel like Feyre and Rhysand's story has arched to a beautiful end. And honestly.... I'm kinda tired of reading about them. If…moreI hope it's a spinoff. I feel like Feyre and Rhysand's story has arched to a beautiful end. And honestly.... I'm kinda tired of reading about them. If SJMaas continues their storyline I'm afraid it will get all mucked up. Let them live happily ever after in Valeris.(less)

·  128,152 ratings  ·  19,270 reviews

Start your review of A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
Ana
1 star *will not change
EDIT: this kind of blew up so I just wanted to say that if you're one of those people writing essays in the comment section to try to change my mind: I don't care lol 😭 This isn't a speech and debate tournament...I'm just going to reply with a kpop song.
The following will contain major spoilers.
Nobody is surprised. I knew absolutely nothing would make this book good, save SJM deciding not to write it altogether.
Now, I have to make it clear upfront: I love Nesta. I really
Charlotte
Aug 18, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maasterpiece
In my pre-review of this book, I made some predictions. Now that I've finished A Court of Silver Flames, I'd like to revisit them and evaluate my prescience.

➼Prediction 1: snarling, growling and purring! Males and mates and scents!

Well, it's a Sarah J Maas book so...yes to all of the above. Yes, yes, a million times yes. This time we get to hear a LOT about people scenting each other's arousal, which is a fun treat. I don't know if that's a new thing or if it was the case in previous books and I
Yumiko
This review contains no spoilers.

RANTING AND RAVING
To the bitches that want to leave shitty hate comments, by all means, please indulge yourselves. I could give ten flying fucks what you have to say.

Let's get one thing clear: I am a hard core SJM fan. I have read and loved every book this woman has ever written. But can I be real a second? For just a millisecond? (At this point, I'm pretty sure every one of my reviews contains at least one line of Hamilton.) This book was shit, and I hated every
jessica
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
going into this book, it already had two strikes against it:
strike 1 - i hate nesta with every fibre of my being

strike 2 - i hate the mid-series cover change to something so low budget
so not a great start.

but honestly, shame on me for doubting queen SJM.

she took a character i hate and made me admire, sympathise, and root for her until the very end.

i dont quite love nesta (i may forgive her nasty behaviour, but i will never forget it) and she wont be my favourite character any time soon (i wan
Miranda Reads
description

100 days into 2021 and 100 books have been read. Check out my latest BookTube Video to see which ones are my fave!
A FREAKING GLORIOUS UPDATE
description
If you've been following this epic, I've been so disappointed about the mid-series cover shift..
description
BUT I'm really happy to announce that Alexandra from Stars that Dream finished her cover jacket design.
description
And it is so above-and-beyond my expectations. Simply. Gorgeous.
description
Here's the link to the cover if you'd like to buy one too!
Natalie Monroe
EDIT 25/9/2020: That cover is hideous. And it's so annoying when publishers change covers mid-series.

GUYS. Do you realize what this means?

Lucien will get his own book.

Nesta will get her own book.

Mor will get her own book.

chan ☆
sometimes i forget i can read things with my eyeballs so to prove it to myself i read 750 pages of unexciting smut

(also that random shit in bold below was when i thought this was going to be another nonsense feysand book but honestly... still fits for nessian)

----------------

here for the butt crack play ONLY
Andreea Pop
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars ✨ And I'm chuckling at how my prior ramblings were about how this book would be out in Autumn 2018. Well, that aged like milk! ...more
Cindy
Apr 23, 2021 rated it it was ok
I took an edible and now I'm too high to write this review ...more
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
Spoilers hidden because I’m not a dick
This review gonna be a lili bit of raving about this book by itself VS ranting how it was as a continuation of Maas’s series

Honestly, my biggest challenge going into this book was all my preconceptions of this world and its characters. The stakes were high.

Cassian is one of the biggest favorites in the fandom

Whereas Nesta has a reputation for being a....

description

So going into it, the book was better when I tried to block out all the nasty shit in previous books
Warda
"So Nesta became a wolf. Armed herself with invisible teeth and claws, and learned to strike faster, deeper, more lethally. Had relished it. But when the time came to put away the wolf, she'd found it had devoured her, too."

Trigger warnings for depression, suicidal thoughts, sexual assault.

Just out of respect for this book, I feel like I should be going through a mourning phase, sit with this story a little while longer and let it simmer, rather than trying to move on. I can't even begin to
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I got my dust jacket cover! Yeah, baby. I bought another hardback so I’d have both 😉. It’s beautiful

I got my awesome book sleeve of Cas and Nesta!!!!

🖤💕🖤💕🖤💕🖤💕

FYI: ONCE AGAIN! THIS IS A NEW ADULT BOOK WITH SMUT!!! THIS MEANS, DON’T READ THE DAMN BOOK IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ SMUT AND THEN RUN YOUR DAMN MOUTH! I DON’T READ MUCH SMUT, BUT I DAMN WELL KNEW IT WAS IN THE BOOK!! THIS BOOK MEANT A LOT TO ME FOR REASONS DOWN BELOW AND I’M TIRED OF ACCIDENTALLY SEEING A BIT OF CRAP REVIEWS. OH PLEASE, TA
Chloe
yep. absolutely. yes.
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
All the Stars ⭐️✨⭐️✨⭐️

I know a lot of people don't like her, but Nesta is my favorite ACoTAR character and has been since the end book one/beginning book two.

I love female characters who are unashamedly prickly...who have defensive outer shells and soft inner cores...who secretly care that people don't like them...but also simultaneously don't give a shit.

Ever since Maas has been dangling the Nesta/Cassian pairing in front of us like so much chocolate, I have been dying for the the focus to be
NReads
Apr 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I swear reading Sarah J. Maas feels like a battlefield. Your ships get destroyed by new ships constantly.
alana ♡
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
No one is a bigger Nessian stan than me...so imagine my surprise at this rating.

This review WILL CONTAIN MAJOR SPOILERS so please read at your own risk if you haven't finished or picked up the book. But to adequately rant (like, truly rant) about all the ways this book didn't work for me we just need to air it all out without an vague mentions of what went down in this book.

My biggest problem with this book started and ended with Rhys and Feyre. Y'all, I truly do NOT care about them anymore. The
Angelica
Did I read this 757-page novel in one day?
Do I have any regrets?

This was my most anticipated book of the year, which is shocking.

It's no secret that I don't like this series. ACOMAF and ACOWAR had basically no plot. Rhys and Feyre are annoying to me because they are perfect and have no flaws and that's boring. I literally could not care less about any of the other characters besides Nesta, Cassian, and Azriel. SJM also uses repetitive language, and I swear she gets paid per ellipsis. Ther
theburqaavenger➹
Update:

It's been three months since i wrote this review and since then i've seen a lot of posts, and i've read a lot of reviews and my thoughts have changed to some extent so let me just mention some other things:

- A lot of people have acccused me for "still loving Rhysand". I have not mentioned even once that i agree with what he did, that i agree with all the colonizing stuff whatever. My review solely focused on Nesta and Cassian. But for the sake of mentioning it: No i do not agree with
She-who-must-not-be-named
Quick Warning: Have an aspirin handy because what goes down in this book will mess with your heart.

No spoilers because I want you all to experience the heartache I did while reading this.

Reading this book felt like having a cold breeze brush my face after being out in the hot sun; of honey-ginger tea making its way down my sore throat. It gave me an adrenaline rush I don't think even confronting a Polar Bear would've given me.
A Court of Silver Flames is a masterpiece of epic proportions.

T
Nikki
“Forgiveness is not that easy.”
“Forgiveness is something we also grant ourselves.”

So did I really wait three years for ACOSF only to binge read it in 14 hours with 0 sleep? Yeah I did and it was so worth it.

And before you start looking for it in this review, yes we find out what was in the box and yes we find out if they are mates or not but no I will NOT spoil those in this review. I also included links to the bonus scenes at the bottom.

SPOILERS BELOW

So I’m just gonna go ahead and say SJM
Allana
Feb 15, 2021 rated it did not like it
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Apr 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021-books, i-own
thank god im not straight. this was all parts good and bad.

you know who was the best-straight-alpha-broody-hot-guy in here?

my boy AZRIEL!!!

Can the next book be about him please. maybe being single. or just gay. (sjm would never though.)

rhysand can burn in hell goodbyeee .

3.5 STARS.

check out my full review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAg98...

Twitter | Bookstagram | Youtube |
Melanie
1.) A Court of Thorns and Roses ★★★★
2.) A Court of Mist and Fury ★★★★★
3.) A Court of Wings and Ruin ★★★
3.1) A Court of Frost and Starlight ★★★

listen, i can't believe we are here either. but this just truly impacted me (and made me cry) so much. I will say I feel a little biased because Nesta and Cassian are my favorite characters from this series but... i still didn't expect this to be so beautiful? and nesta finding these friendships and seeing them heal together, see their worth together, love
Lia Carstairs
ohmygod I'm sobbing that was so beautiful

All hail Queen Nesta and SJM for making me love her so much

My favourite ACOTAR book by far

I don't know what to do with myself now.

Like actually, I think I'm gonna be in a book hangover for weeks— no, months omg I cannot. This has to be the most times I've ever cried in a book I swear to god I'm still crying right now.

From the beginning of the book to the end...even the acknowledgments , all of it destroyed me. My heart—

This has been said many
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
I’m on BookTube now! =)

This is not a drill!!!
This is finally happening! *lol*

My amazing friend Jello and I decided to do a buddy read and to tackle “A Court of Silver Flames” together! I’m kind of afraid of this book because I really hate Nesta and this is going to be about her and Cassian... so I guess I feel like everyone who read “Tower of Dawn” and didn’t like Chaol back then. Haha!

Let’s hope Sarah will do her magic and that I’ll come out of this – if not loving - at least liking Nesta! XD
✩ Yaz ✩
5 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

It feels like coming home after a long journey.
That is precisely what I feel whenever I read a Sarah J Maas book. While Throne of Glass is my favorite series but ACOTAR is special to me. It helped me during one of the most difficult periods of my life and in particular, ACOMAF.

I have no words to describe the beautiful familiarity of returning to a world you know you have always missed.

I swear I could almost feel the gentle breeze of Velaris caressing me, welcoming me back while kno
Robin
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love
↠ 4 stars

Nesta and Cassian truly deserve everything oh my god. I'm so glad I took a chance on this one since they were two of my favorite side characters in the previous books. They actually killed this. A Court of Silver Flames is everything you could possibly want in a novel, it's heartwarming, bold, and sexy. Three combinations I did not know I needed, but am very thankful for. Hereafter whenever I say that I don’t like the acotar series, this book will not be included in that statement. Also
Hamad
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars
Not bad, I actually was entertained most of the time while I was reading!
RTC....
****************************************

Can you please stop judging people for the books they are reading!
P.S Neither loving nor hating SJM makes you edgy (>-<)

****************************************
So they decided not to publish this on my birthday and push it a few weeks forward which is Okay.

BUT WHY DOES THAT COVER LOOK LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED ON PAINT IN SOMEONE'S FREE TIME??
MischaS_
Jun 29, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A Court of Silver Flames and...? What? Are we missing half the title? Or is there a mistake? Is it supposed to be "A Court of Silver and Flames"? What's going on here? Help? Please!

EDIT:
#ACOSAF
Decided, I'll just keep calling this A Court of Silver and Flames.

EDIT:
Well, and now the cover? Why are they trying to make this separate from the original trilogy? But still, keeping it a part of the series?
I have to say that I really feel for all the people who already own the trilogy and now want thes

• A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • The ​Crown of Gilded Bones (Blood and Ash, #3)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • The Folk of the Air Series 3 Books Collection Set By Holly Black ( The Cruel Prince, The Wicked King, Hardback-The Queen of Nothing )
  • Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)
  • Maybe, Forever (The Wave Runners, #1).
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • A Dance with the Fae Prince (Married to Magic, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #3)
  • Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #2)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
See top shelves…
Sarah J. Maas is the #1 New York Times and internationally bestselling author of the Crescent City, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and the Throne of Glass series. Her books have sold more than twelve million copies and are published in thirty-seven languages. A New York native, Sarah lives in Philadelphia with her husband, son, and dog. To find out more, visit sarahjmaas.com or follow @therealsjmaas ...more

A Court of Thorns and Roses (6 books)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #5)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #6)

Articles featuring this book

Gothic romance, dueling family restaurants, West African magic, and much, much more! It sure looks like 2021 is shaping up to be a year of...
“Gwyn whispered, “I am the rock against which the surf crashes.” Nesta straightened at the words, as if they were a prayer and a summons. Gwyn lifted the blade. “Nothing can break me.” 267 likes
“I cannot survive without reading.” 231 likes