Start by marking “Namesake (Fable, #2)” as Want to Read:
Namesake (Fable, #2)

Namesake

(Fable #2)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  7,371 ratings  ·  1,653 reviews
Welcome to a world made dangerous by the sea and by those who wish to profit from it. Where a young girl must find her place and her family while trying to survive in a world built for men.

With the Marigold ship free of her father, Fable and the rest of the crew were set to start over. That freedom is short-lived when Fable becomes a pawn in a notorious thug’s scheme. In o
Published March 16th 2021 by Wednesday Books

·  7,371 ratings  ·  1,653 reviews

Start your review of Namesake (Fable, #2)
jessica
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
if you thought i was overreacting about how much i enjoyed 'fable,' you arent even ready for how i feel about this sequel. this duology is in a league of its own.

once again, AYs writing has transported me straight into my fantasy of living a stolen life on the open seas with the salty wind in my hair and a map in my hand, with a loyal crew by my side and the unknown on the horizon.

this sequel is just as daring, just as adventurous, and just as swashbuckling. and i do kind of wish this second hal
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Omg!!

Fable is back and still bad @ss in the sequel to the duology. I love these characters so much!! Fable is my spirit animal. She’s tough and doesn’t take any crap from anyone. She does have an inner soft side, I promise she does 😉

All I can say is if you loved the first book, you will love this one even more. It’s total swashbuckling peeps! 😘

We were salt and sand and sea and storm.

We were made in the Narrows.

*Thank you to Netgalley and Wednesday books for a digital copy of this book!

Mel
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, courtesy of NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

description

So, I have no idea why Fable and Namesake were both available as arcs so early (not that I’m complaining, mind you) but now, I’m sad that I have no more piratey goodness to read. NOW what am I going to do? :(

I truly loved everything about this series: from the sea-faring atmosphere to the dynamics between everyone on the Marigold to most especially, how Fable's relationship with her fath
megs_bookrack
Mar 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
Namesake is the concluding book to Adrienne Young's, Fable duology; a Seafaring Fantasy story, full of action and adventure.

After the cliffhanger ending of Fable, our protagonist finds herself once again, separated from the ones she loves. Additionally, she is being used as a pawn in a rival's scheme for power.

Just as Fable was beginning to find the place she felt she belonged, more challenges are thrown in her face; thwarting her happy ever after.

On the rival trader's ship, she runs into an old
Sheyla ✎
This was the perfect conclusion!

Can I say that I love Saint? I won't give you more, I don't want to spoil it for you.

Before you read this book you have to know this is a duology and you must read Fable to understand Namesake.

At the end of Fable, our heroine was in dire straits, Wasn't she?

Onboard in the Luna, Fable doesn't have a friend. The crew wants to kill her and the man she thought was a friend has betrayed her and Saint. Worse, she has no clue if West knows what happened to her.

Fable is
Mischenko
Apr 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
After being swept off my feet with Fable, the first book in this duology, I was compelled to immediately move on to Namesake. This book picks up where Fable left off.

At the end of the previous installment, Fable seemed to be in a good place with the Marigold now free from control. This was a chance for her to settle with her newfound, chosen family. Unfortunately, she finds herself in a new predicament with a corrupt trader having plans of his own. Now Fable has to deal with a whole new set of r
Booktastically Amazing
~Happy Release Day, you beauty!~

~Special thanks to Netgalley and Wednesday Books for the ARC in exchange for an honest review!~

(I almost forgot that part. Oops. *snort*)

Actual rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟⭐ 4.0

*looks at camera*
*clears throat*
*places hands in an evil person pyramid*

See, this wasn't bad. But it wasn't GREAT. And that hurts my heart. What's left of it, anyways.

It had pirates, a strong female main character, and treason. Still, it didn't like... hm... it didn't leave me absolutely devastated and
Lucie V.
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There was no way to undo it. No amount of coin or power could turn time back to that night in Tempest Snare, or the day Isolde showed up, asking for a place on Saint’s crew. It was one long series of tragically beautiful knots that bound us together.

✅ Gorgeous cover
✅ Pirates/sea adventure
✅ Great main character
✅ Atmosphere
✅ Plotting, scheming, and double crossing
🆗 Romance and love interest

I was afraid to be disappointed by Namesake, because after reading and LOVING Fable so much, my
Elle
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021
I was obviously super excited to start this one after loving Fable so much. But though Namesake was still a decent YA fantasy, I think there was some of the magic of the first book missing in its follow-up. Like I feel full after finishing it, but a little unsatisfied.

This will be a spoiler-free review for both books, if you’re worried about not having read either and still might like to down the road. As far as the plot, Namesake picks up with the main character Fable (her name as well as the t
MissBecka Gee
My signed copy arrived!!!
🖤🖤🖤 I'm so excited to re-read this series with my physical copies. 🖤🖤🖤
For a pic of my Adrienne Young collection on insta click here.
Originally reviewed October 2020:
That was exactly what I was hoping for.

Adventure, secrets, and all my favourite characters returned for the fun.
These were my first Adrienne Young books, and I am all in with her!
Much love to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for my DRC.
Phuong ✯

Call me weird, but it physically hurts me to give a book with such a pretty cover a low rating. While the first book, Fable, wasn't anything mindblowing, it was still pretty enjoyable that I even requested an ARC for Namesake. I saw sooooo much potential, so it was sad that I didn't like it.

˗ˏˋ
  UNPOPULAR OPINION
ˎˊ˗

Namesake picks up right after where Fable left off. Not going into details what that means, cause that's would be a spoiler for the previous book. Fable learns a
Abbie | nerdyabbie
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
★ 4.5 / 5 ★

A beautiful sequel, just as visceral & raw as the first.

To check out my review on my blog, click here: https://www.lovefangirl.com/blog/name...

After that cliffhanger from the first book in this duology, I knew I had to request an arc of this guy ASAP. Luckily, I snagged one and it did not disappoint!

We were salt and sand and sea and storm.

We were made in the Narrows.

It took a little bit for me to dip back into this one, but it wasn't long until I was utterly enthralled again.
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
#1 Fable — 3.5 stars
#2 Namesake — 3.75 stars

i love that AYs heroines are so cool and a born badass. i mean, theyre emotionally vulnerable and not without their soft spots but theyre also just so resilient and overall very capable women.

❥ this book was just as atmospheric but at the same time better than its predecessor. so PLOT FOCUSED and there was more scheming, manipulation, people trying to kill our heroine, pirates fighting over who ruled what territory, and other sea adventures.

❥ the RELAT
Corina

description

When it comes to the main character Fable, I really enjoyed how brave and smart she was, without being too perfect. She wasn’t infallible and she definitely made mistakes. But she was also much more mature than I thought she would be with seventeen years.

I also really enjoyed the background of the duet, and the research the author put into ship building, sailing, and a life on sea. The storyline and descriptions felt and sounded realistic, even somber at times, especially when it came t
Jackie ϟ Bookseller
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this title from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Fable: 4/5 stars ★★★★☆
Namesake: 4/5 stars ★★★★☆

This duology came to me completely unexpectedly (thank you Edelweiss) and I ended up absolutely loving it. In this conclusion, getting more of Fable, West, and everyone's backstories, in addition to more action with even higher stakes, was an amazing ride. I said it about the first book, but this duology feels like a lovechild between Daughter of the Pi
Sandra Hoover
Finishing the Fable duology left me with dueling emotions churning inside like a choppy sea. I'm captivated by this fantastic story, amazing world and dynamic characters. And yet, I hated reading the last page knowing it was The End. Now I'm mourning the loss of Fable, West, Willow, Saint and the rest of the motley crew I've come to love. Young does an incredible job of weaving everything together and bringing plot lines to a satisfying closure in Namesake. I'm just not ready to give these chara ...more
Rae
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I don't know what to do with myself now that these books are over.
I have been trying to read this one as slow as possible making it last, but of course, that's like asking me not to breathe. IT WAS SO GOOD!

This was such a satisfying and perfect closure to this duology and I couldn't be happier with how it ended. I knew once I saw that it was another Adrienne Young book, that I would love it because her writing is nothing short of perfection. BUT AGH I honestly don't know what to do with my life
Maria ☾ ⋆
May 20, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr
I like this cover, it's so gorgeous!! 😍💕 ...more
Nancy
Apr 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This cover is equally as gorgeous as Fable’s and I LOVE how when placed side by side, the two covers combine to create a full picture of her face. Without missing a beat, Namesake picked up right where Fable left off. The nautical, pirate vibe drew me in again as did the action and scheming. Adrienne Young’s writing flows beautifully and is so descriptive especially the diving scenes. I do wish there was more of Saint in the book since I think he is a very enigmatic and interesting character. Ot ...more
Beatrice in Bookland
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
"Helmsman. Dredger. Trader. Orphan. Father.
Daughter."

1. Fable ★★★☆☆

What an awful sequel. Boring, rushed and with zero character development.

The only redeeming element of the book are Saint and Fable's father daughter moments: theirs is by far the most interesting bond of the duology and I wished the author had focused on that instead of on the lukewarm romance between Fable and West.

And West was the most annoying and useless character of the book, by far. All he did in this book - besides annoyi
Hilda
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it

I will never get over how gorgeous these book covers are. I can’t wait for Namesake to come out so I can have these two beauties next to each other. The duology is also pretty great. Probably one of my favorite reads from this year. It’s like Adrienne Young knew what I wanted and gave it to me.

Revenge is a powerful motivator.

Okay, let’s get something out of the way. This is a pirate book and the amount of back stabbing is ridiculous. It’s also delicious. DELICIOUS. Like the best back stabbing so
Nashita
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, liked-it, reviewed

4⭐

It was a satisfying ending to the duology
I liked this book more than the previous one. I also found the whole setting with the ships and trade extremely engaging..

Plotline:
Now finally free from the Saint, Fable and crew aim to start over. but their freedom is short-lived when Fable is abducted by the Luna. The only way she can escape is by aiding Zola.
But its not simple. Things are more com
Breanna
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
THIS REVIEW & MORE → Paws and Paperbacks

Thank you to Wednesday Books for providing me with an ARC through NetGalley!

3.5 stars ✨

Namesake is a decent sequel and does its job of wrapping up the loose ends, but that’s all it does. It pains me to admit I found this dull and underwhelming compared to Fable. A lot of the elements that made the predecessor so magical were missing and it really affected my enjoyment.

Namesake picks up almost immediately after the end of Fable. It’s very rare that we get a
Ari
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-reads
So good. Such a satisfying ending. Such a good take-down of an antagonist. I'm saddened to have finished reading this world...for now. ...more
Celia McMahon
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Edelweiss and the publisher for the e-arc!

NAMESAKE popped up to download soon after I read and reviewed FABLE (before its release) and my heart gave a little jerk. On one side, I didn't want to read it so early since I knew I wouldn't have many people to talk about it with. On the other side, why make it available if they didn't want people to read it? It's like when I know I shouldn't eat those Christmas tree cakes, but they're only once a year, so why not??

Namesake continues where Fa
Lori
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘We were salt and sand and sea and storm. We were made in the Narrows.’

I have really enjoyed this series!

High on adventure and action, low on bad language and romance. I think this combination makes it a perfect choice for young YA’s. Fable’s character reminded me a lot of Katniss from The Hunger Games and the story had a Pirates Of The Caribbean vibe. I do think I enjoyed the first book a bit better than the second, but overall, a really fun ride. 4.5.
birdie
Dec 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
i'm someone who's pretty good at understanding my own feelings, like why a story impacts me as much as it does. with this duology, i can't seem to figure out exactly what it is. there's just something about these books.

Adrienne Young's writing is as incredible as ever, making me feel like i'm a part of it all. like i said in my goodreads review of fable, this is probably gonna become a comfort series of mine. it just fills me with so much joy and i really love the story.

you can read a full-revie
Patty (IheartYA311)
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won
Fable is one of my favorite books of 2020 and Namesake is an adequate sequel. It picks up right where book one left off, full of high-sea action, adventure and antics. It steers into shocking and unexpected plot twists; definitely a page turner. I was not a fan of Young's previous works but her writing style and story telling has significantly evolved. I'm very impressed with the strong willed, stubborn and multi faceted characters. This is an engaging, uniquely vivid fantasy that I highly recom ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

“We were salt and sand and sea and storm.”

If you haven’t read Fable yet, please don’t read further because the beginning of this review has spoilers for the end of the first one.
Okay here we go.

Fable ended with our heroine being kidnapped and placed on Zola’s boat. Separated from her father and from West and her crew, she must go along with what her captors want in order to survive. But pretty soon she realizes there’s more to what’s going on than she realized. And more mys
Monogamist
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ebook-copy
Thank you St. Martin's Press, Wednesday Books and NetGalley for an e-copy of this book.

Namesake picks up exactly where we left off with Fable. I felt lucky I was able to read this sequel a few months later finishing Fable, as it was a natural continuation without any recap, so it was very easy to fall back into the story.

Fable has been kidnapped by Zola and she is trying to make sense of where he is taking her, and most importantly, for what purpose. Clove, who used to be the closest adviser of

• Sweet Temptation
  • Hands Down
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Defy (Sinners of Saint, #0.5)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Mexican Gothic
  • Love on Beach Avenue (The Sunshine Sisters, #1)
  • Simmer Down
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Snapdragon
  • An Education in Ruin
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
  • Bound by the Past (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7)
  • The Start of Something Good (Stay, #1)
  • All Roads Lead to You (Stay, #3)
  • A Brand New Ending (Stay, #2)
  • Bound by Love (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #6)
New York Times and Indie bestselling author of SKY IN THE DEEP, THE GIRL THE SEA GAVE BACK, FABLE & NAMESAKE from Wednesday Books. Agent: Barbara Poelle, IGLA

Adrienne Young is a born and bred Texan turned California girl. She is a foodie with a deep love of history and travel and a shameless addiction to coffee. When she’s not writing, you can find her on her yoga mat, scouring antique fairs for o

Fable (2 books)
  • Fable (Fable, #1)

Articles featuring this book

“There are some things that can’t be carved from a person, no matter how far from home they’ve sailed.” 7 likes
“I left you there because I have never loved anything in my life like I love you. Not Isolde. Not the trade. Nothing.” 6 likes