Start by marking “The Last Secret You’ll Ever Keep” as Want to Read:
The Last Secret You’ll Ever Keep

The Last Secret You’ll Ever Keep

(Jane Anonymous #2)

Bestselling author Laurie Faria Stolarz returns with a thrilling novel where an eighteen-year-old girl's search for answers lands her in one of the most terrifying situations imaginable.

Four days…
Trapped in a well, surrounded by dirt, scratching at the walls trying to find a way out.
Four days of a thirst so strong, that when it finally rains, I drink as much as possible fr
Expected publication: March 16th 2021 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about The Last Secret You’ll Ever Keep, please sign up.
Laurie Stolarz I'm sorry if anyone finds this coding in their advanced copy. I'm not sure what it is but I've notified my editor who is looking into it. ARCs can be …moreI'm sorry if anyone finds this coding in their advanced copy. I'm not sure what it is but I've notified my editor who is looking into it. ARCs can be somewhat flawed since they're not final copies, and whatever this code is it sounds like a flaw. Thanks so much to all who've read and/or requested an advanced reader copy of "The Last Secret." I really, really appreciate it!!!(less)
Patricia It is a YA novel, I would recommend it for age 13 and up. I think adult would enjoy it as well.

Start your review of The Last Secret You’ll Ever Keep
jessica
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
this is a case of ‘its not the book, its me.’

one of my most hated tropes is ‘unreliable narrator,’ usually because the MC is untrustworthy due to a negative reason (e.g. alcoholism, mental illness, etc). so this immediately started off on the wrong foot when terra conveniently skips her medication the night she gets abducted. its just really lazy in terms of writing and plot, not to mention extremely harmful to those battling mental illnesses, insinuating that they cant be believed.

all in all, n
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am dunking my head into ice bucket. Smoke still comes out from my deep fried brain cells! What a batshit crazy, twisty, confusing, exciting journey it was!

Netflix Undeniable meets Room with psychological and hallucinating vibes pushed you out of your comfort zone, chilling your bones, disturbing your mental state which help you to connect with unreliable heroine!

18 years old Terra might be one of the most inaccurate narrator you have ever met.

When you read her traumatic, heart wrenching stor
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
The beginning of the book sucked me right in, but unfortunately it didn’t stay on that high level. I enjoyed different parts of the book and other parts I just wanted to slap people for stupidity. I also felt a disconnection to everyone in the book. All of that being said, the book kept me wanting to know what was going on until the very end!

*Thank you to Netgalley and Wednesday Books for a digital copy of this book.

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾

BLOG:
Chelsea Humphrey
Initially I had no idea that Jane Anonymous would be turned into a series, but color me impressed with the idea to bring survivors or horrific situations together to connect over their tragic situations. The writing style and inclusion of technology in the presentation of this book feels modern and trendy, and the narrative is extremely creative. As with the first book, I did feel the conclusion left a bit to be desired, and the formula felt a bit predictable as it followed similar suit to it's ...more
Katie B
The author's previous book, Jane Anonymous, was one of my favorite YA reads last year. So I jumped on the chance to read this book which is the second in the series. This one features a different lead character, but there is a bit of a tie in to the previous book. You definitely can read this book as a standalone novel though.

Eighteen year old Terra spent 4 days trapped in a well. She escaped but 6 months later she is still trying to piece together what exactly happened. She believes she was ta
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell
I'm such a sucker for these YA teen girl murder books

They're like my kryptonite

They're always so fun
megs_bookrack
The Last Secret You'll Ever Keep is tied to Jane Anonymous, which I really enjoyed early in 2020.

Thank you so much to the publisher, Wednesday Books, for the ARC. I am looking forward to getting into this one!

J.Paul Thunders
With a heavy heart, I regret to tell you that I did not enjoy this book.

I promise, I tried. When I read the synopsis, it grabbed me instantly. A mystery about a girl being abducted while struggling with mental illness is something that will tickle my detective mind. Unfortunately, the execution of the story fell flat for me. The writing seemed juvenile, lacking sense of depth and introspection. Terra, the main character was not appealing at all. Although her trauma and mental illness were to roo
Quirkyreader
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
First off, I won this as a goodreads giveaway.

Warning and possible spoilers....

If you have triggers associated with being in enclosed spaces and being held against your will, be careful while reading this book.

This is a story of survival that is very well told. It also gives a voice to the voiceless when no one believes them or wants to believe them.
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Last Secret You'll Ever Keep was a book that I enjoyed for the most part but gave me a character that was frustrating at times. Enter Terra. She's 18 years old and has definitely gone through some stuff. Whether it's her dad teaching her how to protect herself, losing both of her parents to an unfortunate and untimely accident, or to not being believed when she tells someone something very important.

Honestly, so much ha
Elizabeth Aguilar
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an eARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have lots of thoughts but am also not sure what to think. Either a 3.5 or 4 star story.

The Last Secret You'll Ever Keep is a companion novel to Jane Anonymous. While it can be read alone, reading Jane Anonymous first prepares you for the type of story to expect. It also enhances the experience since there are some nods to Jane Anonymous. Unlike a lot of other YA mystery/thrillers, this and Jane Anonymous lean into the aftermat
Erin Clemence
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, first-reads
Special thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

Expected publication date: March 16, 2021

When Terra was a child, she survived a devastating house fire, a fire that claimed the life of her parents. Now, at eighteen years old, Terra is living with her aunt and trying to get her life back on track. One night, she is taken from her bedroom by a masked figure and after days of captivity in a water well, with onl
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Thank you to NetGalley, Laurie Faria Stolarz and Wednesday Books for a review copy of this book.

I loved Jane Anonymous, It is one of my most fav read of 2020. I wanted to get this eARC so badly when I got it I was over the moon.

Terra got abducted for four days then she succeeded in the escape. She is the narrator of this story. The story is divided into Then and Now parts. She tells her story how she got abducted and escaped, how she is coping with everything, her memory is kinda blurred. But th
Paula  Phillips
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it
One of my favorite genres of reads is YA Thrillers and Mysteries. I had quite enjoyed in the past several Laurie Faria Stolarz's books and so when I saw this one, I was excited as I was certain I would enjoy it. This book presents itself as an unofficial sequel to her book Jane Anonymous. As you will recall in Jane Anonymous, the main character Jane was kidnapped, and then she decided to chronicle her abduction and then start up a blog and an anonymous chatline for those who were victims as well ...more
Aly
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was so good! I was sucked in from the beginning and the story kept me guessing and wondering what was real or not. The layout is similar to Jane Anonymous and this is sort of a sequel but you can read them separately. The story is separated into Then and Now, telling you how Terra was kidnapped, got free, and is now dealing with life after.

The circumstances surrounding Terra's kidnapping and escape are odd, there's no evidence to corroborate her story and with her history of mental he
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
****ARC provided by NetGalley for an Honest Review****
I’m conflicted in how to rate this book. While reading there is so much misdirection and second guessing taking place I’m not sure how to feel having finished. We’re led to belive time after time that the chances of the heroine and narrator being unreliable are high. Even as she looks for her own proof and evidence, luck is not on her side and everything points to her being a liar. (view spoiler)
Tessa
Nov 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Holy unreliable narrator batman!

tw: discussions of trauma, kidnapping, enclosed spaces, death by fire. If any of these things bother you, I would avoid this.

The Last Secret You'll Ever keep is a completely bonkers YA psychological thriller that had me turning pages back and forth just to make sure *I* was keeping the story straight. because this was a RIDE.

18-year-old Terra is a survivor. From her odd upbringing, to the tragedy that took her family, and the kidnapping she escaped and of which
Kelly
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-arcs
If you don't want to be angry at most of the characters in your next read, this might not be the best choice right now. However, if you're prepared to get mad at (almost) everyone... then pick this YA Mystery/Thriller because despite my state of anger, this was a really good book that kept my attention from beginning to end!

In this story, you'll meet Terra, a girl who managed to survive an abduction. Someone took her from her own bed and put her in what looked like a water well. Thirst, hunger
Alexandria Borrego
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As usual an amazing book! Absolutely loved it! Couldn't put it down once I started. ...more
Aliyana
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: em and my friend, ana
The Last Secret You'll Ever Keep by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
***HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND
To start off, this is one of the BEST mysteries/thrillers I have EVER read (haha, sorry other books and authors :p)
Imagine this.
Your house was lit on fire, you manage to escape, but your parent does not. How much guilt would you feel? Then you move in with your Aunt, who doesn't seem to "want you". You get abducted for 3 days in a water well(which nobody believes exists), escape, and return
Susan's Reviews
Dec 20, 2020 marked it as to-read
Suspect EVERYONE. That is the message I was getting as i read this. Poor Terra was on the edge of her last nerve. She'd been abducted - or had she? - and no one believed her. I remember feeling molten lava level outrage when I saw the TV series UNBELIEVABLE, based on a true story.

Terra suffers from fugue states and loses entire periods of time. Even the reader begins to doubt her. Her parents taught her to be suspicious of everything and sent her to every self-defense class there was, and yet,
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of THE LAST SECRET YOU’LL EVER KEEP by Laurie Faria Stolarz in exchange for my honest review.***

THE LAST SECRET YOU’LL EVER KEEP is a loose follow up to JANE ANONYMOUS which can also be read as a stand alone book as each book has unique characters and plot. THE LAST SECRET YOU’LL EVER KEEP mentions a book written by JANE ANONYMOUS and a website she created.

Orphaned at age thirteen, Terra is abducted, escaping four days later with an im
Brinley
This was not the book for me. So many things about it drove me crazy, even though they may appeal to other readers. YA thrillers are pretty hit or miss for me, and this was definitely a miss.

My least favorite thing about this would have to be our main character, Terra. Her perspective was so hard to read. I don't want to sound rude, but I could not deal with her thought processes. I understand that she had trauma and PTSD, but it got to be too much for me. It was difficult to discern reality fr
Jovana
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TWs: Mental illness, survivor's guilt, victim blaming, death, abduction, murder.

This mind-blowing masterpiece of a book gripped me from page one so well that I dropped all of my current reads just so I could focus all of my attention on this book. Yes guys, this book was REALLY good! It put Laurie Faria Stolarz on my instant buy list, and The Last Secret You'll Ever Keep got to the very top of my favorite suspense/thriller books.

The book starts with Terra trapped inside an empty well, thirsty an
Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

When I learned that this was set in the same world as Jane Anonymous I was really excited to see how the two were going to have to do with each other, but I really love how Stolarz brought up the familiar elements of Jane Anonymous with a whole new story.

This book is full of twist and turns, things you never saw coming and things that make you second guess yourself over and over again. Terra's story is told in the present and the before. Bef
lea | lea's literary life
My first ARC! I received this book from St. Martin’s Press via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The beginning of this book is utterly chilling. It starts with a young woman, Terra, who is trapped in a well and the language used brilliant portrays the horror and desperation she feels. Then the story goes on to reveal more of Terra’s devastating past, how it has shaped her into the person she is in the present, and how, because of this, no one believes her when she insists she was taken.
Fanna
May 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
May 19, 2020: The cover has just been revealed and it gives the whole YA thriller vibes. After really liking the 2020 release Jane Anonymous , I can't wait to read this one! ...more
Calliope
I GOT AN E-ARC!!!!!

I love you netgalley 😂😂😂
Alisa
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terra was abducted 6 months ago. 4 days she spent trapped somewhere in what looked like a well. She managed to escape, only, nobody believes that it happened to her at all. Now, her mental health is crumbling to pieces from what happened to her and also from the way people treat her. Then Terra finds a girl with a similar experience. Could it be that the same person is behind both kidnappings and can she finally prove that she was taken in the first place?
Well, I have a headache now because I st
Trisha
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
"Why am I always the villain? Why do I never get to be the hero of my own story?"

This was a great mystery - I hadn't read the first book but I don't think that took away from enjoying this story at all. In this, the MC has been through some rough life experiences. It was hard to read all the people that didn't believe her - something that is a harsh reality for many who have been through trauma. I liked how the story played out, that you were left questioning a lot as things unfolded.

An e-ARC wa

• Every Last Fear
  • The Girls Are All So Nice Here
  • The Perfect Daughter
  • Possession
  • The Initial Insult (The Initial Insult, #1)
  • Madam
  • Mirrorland
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • Too Good to Be True
  • A Caller's Game
Laurie Faria Stolarz grew up in Salem, MA, attended Merrimack College, and received an MFA in Creative Writing from Emerson College in Boston.

Laurie Faria Stolarz is an American author of young adult fiction novels, best known for her Blue is for Nightmares series. Her works, which feature teenage protagonists, blend elements found in mystery and romance novels.

Stolarz found sales success with he

Jane Anonymous (2 books)
  • Jane Anonymous (Jane Anonymous #1)