Start by marking “Fire Hawk” as Want to Read:
Fire Hawk

Fire Hawk (Hawk #3)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The final novel in the dazzling "Hawk" trilogy! Finding herself the head of her clan after a brutal skirmish, a woman who knows nothing of war desperately seeks the aid of a legendary warrior. She never realizes how handsome he could be--or that his father is none other than the leader of her people's mortal enemy.
Published July 1st 1997 by Topaz (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Fire Hawk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Hawk

puppitypup
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy/Romance I am so relieved they got their happily ever after, I would have cried buckets of tears if they hadn't.

If this was a movie, it would be a major blockbuster, think Gladiator plus Ladyhawke. This is one story that has held the test of time, with two of the most commendable characters I've come across.

I've read lots of stories that made my cry, this one went a step further by leaving me with a serious lump in my throat. Good thing I'm writing this instead of talking about it.

This
Bark
Oct 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Read and reviewed in 1997 when I was a gushing fool.

I hesitated reading this book, not because I have anything against Justine Dare/Davis (she is one of my favorite authors) but because FIRE HAWK is the third in Dare's Hawk trilogy, and I have a thing about reading books in order and I don't yet have my hands on the 2nd book HEART OF THE HAWK yet. When I heard Dare was taking a different approach to the trilogy - writing them backwards - I decided to take a chance and read her latest FIRE HAWK f
TINNGG
Aug 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: traded, historical
This book was somewhat elusive - none of the local UBS had it, so I found myself searching evilbay last year. It does complete the series. But I'm more interested in the wizard (whose situation reminds me of Ladyhawke)

So let's see...

The H is a former leader of a warlord's army - he found he no longer had the stomach for what his psychopathic boss/father wanted. He's become a hermit.

The h is the leader of a small clan of people who reside in a protected glade. The warlord wants the glade added to
Paula
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fire Hawk is Book 3 of The Hawk Trilogy by Justine Davis. However, this trilogy is one that goes backwards in time. Book 1, Wild Hawk is contemporary with Book 2, Heart of the Hawk being a western story and this one is early medieval times. Each book is connected by the Hawk family legacy of a magical book that appears when there is only one surviving family member. This is the beginning of that family history that the book has supernaturally documented.

Kane and Jenna are strong individuals who
Debs
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know this is an older book, but really good books never go out of style. That being said, "Fire Hawk" is one of those. Historical romance with a bit of the mystical, the story of Kane, a man with a horrible past and Jenna, the Hawk leader was such fun to read. While reading the story of love, tragedy, and two people finding who they are and what was to come, I found the pages flew by and before I knew it, I was reading a HEA. This is a book for all ages with some violence, but a lot of fun wit ...more
Maria11
I really wanted to like this book...but I really didn't. It started off so well, heroine wants to save her people and will risk anything to do so. She finds what she is looking for and risks it all for her clan. The characters were well developed, but there comes to a point where they are over developed. The story dragged and instead of dialogues you got character thoughts for 3 pages! Half the time it was the same thoughts you read 7 pages before! I got to the point where I skipped and glanced ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
This is book three in "The Hawk Trilogy" series and the first one I have read by this author. This is a paranormal book with wizards, magic and set somewhat in medieval time. Our heroine is Jenna whose Clan is now being disturbed from their peaceful existence. Jenna goes to our hero, Kan who used to be a swordsman but has been warned not to take the sword up again or it could be death to him. But they do go off to try and solve her family/clan issue and along the way find that they care for each ...more
LJ
Fire Hawk - OK
Justine Dare (aka Justine Davis) - 3rd of Hawk series

Only okay.
Shirley
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding book!

Wizards,Warriors,love. What a book! This book is part of a trilogy, it won't matter in which order you read...they are all fantastic. I started with the cowboy, then the businessman, and lastly the warrior. Strong woman...Jenna Hawk, leader of her clan must find Kane the Warrior to teach her how to help her clan fight off an invader. This is the beginning of a dynasty....a true "keeper" on your shelf.
Beckey
Apr 03, 2013 rated it liked it
A bit annoying in some sections cause the redundancies. Last book in the trilogy.
keri chick