Start by marking “The Things We Leave Unfinished” as Want to Read:
The Things We Leave Unfinished

The Things We Leave Unfinished

Twenty-eight-year-old Georgia Stanton has to start over after she gave up almost everything in a brutal divorce—the New York house, the friends, and her pride. Now back home at her late great-grandmother’s estate in Colorado, she finds herself face-to-face with Noah Harrison, the bestselling author of a million books where the cover is always people nearly kissing. He’s ju ...more
Published February 23rd 2021 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about The Things We Leave Unfinished, please sign up.
Katrina I don't know if I can convince you but I almost exclusively read romance- So, I can't be unbiased.
It was such an amazing journey that, if I were you,…more
It was such an amazing journey that, if I were you, I'd give it a shot. If not for the romance than for the intertwining time lines! And the history. If you're a fan of historical fiction than I think you'll enjoy it. (less)

Start your review of The Things We Leave Unfinished
Jessica | JustReadingJess
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
The Things We Leave Unfinished is an excellent book with two great love stories. This book is emotional. The book alternates between Scarlett and Jameson’s love story during World War II and Georgia and Noah in present day Colorado. Yarros pulls the reader into the story and then switches back and forth between both stories in a way that makes it impossible for the reader to put down. This book is an emotional roller coaster. The whole book leads up to a crazy twist that I didn’t see coming. Bes ...more
Dora Koutsoukou
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 ❤️❤️❤️❤️🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️

I don’t think there are a lot of readers who would not acknowledge the amazing writing of Rebecca Yarros! It is gripping and emotional!
I was anticipating and had the best intentions for this new release.

There were two completely different, yet beautiful, love stories unraveling in this book.
One in the 40s, where the main couple was Jameson and Scarlett and the other in present time with, Scarlett’s great granddaughter, Georgia and Noah.

I fell in love with Scarlett and Jameson
Cassie
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTE BEST READ OF 2020!

There are two absolutes every time I read a Rebecca Yarros novel.

1. I WILL cry. Most likely multiple times.
2. Among the pages, I will find the most inspiring lines.
Along with those two absolutes are the always evolving main (and secondary) characters. In this case, all four main characters leaped off the page and demanded my undivided attention. Yarros pens story to paper so intricately you can practically see it unfold in your mind.

Noah and Georgia had an electric
READ ME ROMANCE
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
The Things We Leave Unfinished is a true timeless masterpiece. A book that will resonate in your soul and be long remembered.

I am a fan of the author and like knowing that she lives in Colorado and half of the story takes place there and is so beautifully described. She is also knowledgeable about military life making the book all the more real to me. I can't imagine living through a war, and felt on every page as if I was there.

The author varies the chapters with the past and the present and t
Karen
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I need to sit Rebecca Yarros down on the naughty step and make her sit there until her legs go numb.

Then I am going to tell her that she can keep sitting on that naughty step until I forgive her for using ass and block and fix you a coffee (who broke the coffee?).

This isn’t just a book, it’s a book within a book and I loved both of them equally. Scarlett Wright meets Jameson Stanton an American airman stationed in the UK and they fall madly, deeply, totally in love. The world is torn apart by W
Ashley Hampton
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
* A TRULY TIMELESS READ*

I am having the toughest time summing up a novel as astronomical as The Things We Leave Unfinished. I am completely gobsmacked to the point of heart breaking - happiness. The magnitude that this author took this novel to, that she took these characters and their storylines to is something so profound that I honestly could not even justify this book with every word in the dictionary.

Here is the thing, I went in blind, completely blind. No blurb, just knowing that one of t
Amy Reierson
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
We all seem to have some dysfunction in our family but poor Georgia coming out of a divorce and moving back to Colorado into her Gran's home. Scarlett Stanton is a widely loved romance novelist and Georgia's grandma.
Her mom, Ava, is the ultimate manipulator and only ever wants money from Georgia. She is already at Gran's when she arrives in CO so this is a bad start. Throw in that she is pretending to be Georgia, trying to sell the rights to Scarlett's last book and profit from it.
Georgia can
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
You ever finish reading a book and are so overcome with what you read that you just don’t know how to process, let alone move on? It was hours since I read that last page and was still rooted in the same position not knowing what to do. I’m an emotional mess and I’m having a really hard time saying goodbye to these characters that have in every way become part of my life. I will carry Scarlett, Jameson, Georgia, and Noah with me and know that I believe true and effortless love exists because of ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing

4.5 STARS

You’re right. Love – the good, the real, the life-changing – is rare. You have to fight for it..’

There’s a saying – ‘write what you know’ and when it comes to military stories with pure heart-driven emotion, Rebecca Yarros really knows how to put her heart and soul into her stories. Something which is evident in The Things We Leave Unfinished – an emotional and exquisitely told love story within a love story. Faultlessly shifting her worlds between the horrors of WWII and present time.
Stephanie
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Okay. It’s official. I am having the worst reading month and it is all thanks to this MASTERPIECE. I kid you not, it’s been weeks since I’ve read it and I can’t stop thinking about it. I haven’t read anything of substance since. I don’t want to let it go.

Georgia and Noah were on fire together. I loved watching them going back and forth with each other. However, it was Scarlett & Jameson in the 1940s that took my breath away. Watching them come together during war and fall in love was a thing of
Garden Of REden
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
CASSIE’S FAVORITE OF 2020

There are two absolutes every time I read a Rebecca Yarros novel.

1. I WILL cry. Most likely multiple times.
2. Among the pages, I will find the most inspiring lines.

Noah and Georgia had an electric pus
Jessica Alcazar
May 03, 2020 marked it as blog-on-deck

A new heart-wrenching novel from bestselling author Rebecca Yarros that examines the risks we take for love, the scars too deep to heal, and the endings we can’t bring ourselves to see coming.

PRE-ORDER TODAY!
Apple Books: http://apple.co/3sdH7My
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2LCdGCZ

Nursebookie
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!

This book is so amazing and I am so emotional, and torn apart in this amazing story.

Yarros deeply engrossed me into this novel about 28 yo Georgia Stanton, who has hit rock bottom and having to start all over and leaving NYC after a brutal divorce. Georgia ends up in her grandmother Scarlett Stanton’s estate in Colorado. The last thing she is in the mood for was to be dealing with the ever so handsome and yet oh so arrogant superstar author Noah Harrison, who
Corinne
6 "emotional" stars

Dear Rebecca Yarros, why aren't more people talking about your amazing books?
Because this is a truly amazing book. I didn't know you could write so beautifully. The story surprised me, made me cry, made me laugh, made me swoon. I am so emotionally raw after reading this fantastic book. I can't stop crying in thinking about some of the passages.
From the first page to the last, it is gripping, heart wrenching, emotional, with the most beautiful scenery and it reads like a movie
Amy
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5, Unfinished Stars!

“Gran used to say she saw the characters as fully fleshed-out people with complicated pasts, set on a collision course. She saw their flaws as something to overcome.”

Just when you think you have a grasp on the kind of love story a Rebecca Yarros novel can give you, she has to go and deliver The Things We Leave Unfinished. The Things We Leave Unfinished is a unique and intriguing romance that operates on two alternating timelines. The Things We Leave Unfinished is an unforge
CR
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I simply could not put this book down once I started. I typically don't like stories that bounce back and forth between two different time lines, however Rebecca Yarros made the transitions so seamless that I hardly noticed them. I was immediately drawn to all of the characters, but especially Georgia. Her first interaction with Noakes (and many others afterward) had me cracking up laughing. The dual like ve stories between Georgia and Noah and Scarlett and Jamison were both breathtaking an ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021

4.5 STARS

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
It is really hard to put into words what I feel about this story by this amazing author. I know that I will be engaged with a Rebecca Yarros book but something told me to slow down and savor this story, enjoy what was on the written page because it was going to be something epic. And, it was.

From the beginning, I was entranced with this story. From the first meeting to the final letter, I couldn’t help but wonder and hope. I was amazed with the twists and turns and with the final published story
Storiesandcoffee
Mar 16, 2021 is currently reading it
Okay, but on a scale of 1-10, how much is this going to wreck me?

Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
In The Things We Leave Unfinished, Rebecca Yarros beautifully weaves an emotion-packed story of unrequited love, loss, and commitment. Two interconnected stories come to life seamlessly from the past to the present. One story is unfinished, and the other story might be writing itself in real-time. Is chasing the ultimate happily-ever-after ending just the beginning of new love or a path to certain heartbreak?

What did you do to my heart Rebecca Yarros? That ending! The Things We Leave Unfinished
Melissasfandomworld
Mind = Blown.

Heartwrenchingly beautiful.
All the feels.
My new favorite Yarros book.

Need some time to 'pick myself up' now after just having finished this, because Rebecca pushed me through the emotional ringer with this story. What.a.book. Be still my heart.

---
Kim
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
6 stars...spoiler-free...

I feel as if I have been on a journey that has kept me mesmerized, broken my heart, put it back together, and just left me reeling from emotions. This book just became my first six-star read of 2021. It snuck up on me. In the beginning, I will admit, I was struggling a bit with the transitions between the stories of two couples, in two time periods, and dual points of view for each, and the addition of letters. It was a lot at first. But I got more and more sucked in not
Pauline Cassie
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yet again Rebecca Yarros has shown her skill and prowess with beautifully presented manipulations of the written word. She can produce just about anything with her trusty pen, typewriter or computer.

In The Things We Leave Unfinished we have not one but two stories of love, running concurrently and seamlessly regardless of being set in two very different eras.

The authorial voice switches from an historical to contemporary tone so efficiently that the movie reel playing in the reader's head chan
Izzie d
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Once again Rebecca Yarros shows me why she will always be one of my go to authors. There is no exception with The Things We Leave.

You have two love stories that are running along one another seamlessly, even with being set it two different eras. Two wonderful love stories that weave into one another effortlessly. I will admit at times I got a little lost bouncing back and forth between Georgia, Noah and the past, but that just makes you soak up their story even more.

If you love a heartfelt rom
Carmen Rae
Rebecca Yarros is one of the best romance writers. Her books are so perfectly written with so much depth and emotion that I anticipate reading them as much as I dread it. I have to read them and I know I will love them and rave about them and 5 star them every single time. But I also know I will break while I read this book. I will need to be left alone with my emotions and tissues while I wait for Rebecca's writing to put me back together.

From the first page I was struggling to get a reality br
Shirley Frances
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read and a great way to start off the new year.

The story was so different from anything I’ve read in a while. The characters were phenomenal and their story unique and captivating. Rebecca Yarros did a great job bringing EVERYTHING together so that the story flowed from beginning to end. With every new chapter I felt myself getting more invested in the story...wondering, anticipating. The “feels” that jumped off the page and the romance so beautifully written are just a couple of th
Brittany Zimmerman
Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for the arc of this book. All opinions are my own.

I am staring into space with my heart on the floor and tears streaming down my face. Wow. This is my first Rebecca Yarros novel and I’d now like her to continually break my heart and put it back together in the pages of a book.

Bouncing between Georgia, Noah and the past, the way this novel was constructed gives you a view into life, death, hurt, heartbreak and coming out on the other side stronger
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
The Things We Leave Unfinished was an emotional powerhouse that quickly enraptured my heart. The story was hauntingly beautiful and I wasn't ready to say goodbye to these characters. This is easily one of my top favorite reads of the year and if you love romance, then you should definitely have this one on their tbr.
"You said you know the worth of what I just handed to you."
"I do,"
Our gazes collided, the electricity - chemistry, attraction, whatever it was - coursing between u
Shelby
Feb 22, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
In 1940, Scarlett met Jameson Stanton when she was in the British Air Corps and Jameson was a pilot fighting alongside the British allies. They fell hopelessly in love despite the horrors going on around them. They married and had a son, William. And after Jameson went MIA, Scarlett and William went overseas and moved to Jameson’s small town in Colorado.

Now nearly 80-years later, Scarlett’s great granddaughter, Georgia is back in the home she grew up in, the home where Gran (Scarlett) raised he

• Return to Us
  • Candy Colored Sky
  • The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)
  • Dotted Lines (Runaway, #5)
  • The Accomplice
  • In Her Defense (Wright's Island #2)
  • Make It Sweet
  • Breakaway
  • When We Met  (Moments in Boston, #2)
  • Mafia Casanova
  • Never Got Over You
  • The Gilded Ones (Deathless, #1)
  • Once We Were Starlight
  • Driven (Deep Ops, #4)
  • How to Save a Life
  • Bet The Farm
  • Karate Chop
Rebecca is a Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author of over fifteen novels, and is always ready to bring on the emotions. She's also the recipient of the Colorado Romance Writer’s Award of Excellence for Eyes Turned Skyward from her Flight and Glory series.

She loves military heroes and has been blissfully married to hers for eighteen years. She’s the mother of six children, ranging f