Start by marking “Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet #1)

Rock Star, Interrupted

(Tragic Duet #1)

I found my stillness, my space between breaths, when I was a kid. The answer is simple. If it hurts, I pour music on it.

After years of hard work, it's finally happening. Tragic has a number one album and we've gone from being discussed as one hit wonders to hearing words like meteoric mentioned alongside our name.

With two tours planned and another album on its way, we
Published October 29th 2019

Start your review of Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet #1)
Dora Koutsoukou
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
3 🎶🥱🎶⭐️s

Plenty of push & pull, side plots, dragging.
DW
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is there anything that Shade can’t write? Seriously that woman can write anything.

I happen to be a sucker for rockstars so I knew that I would love it and man did I love Axton.

I also really love Naomi and Caden. How perfect!!

I’m ready for book 2!!!
Meredith Wilson
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Prepare yourself readers because this book ends in one hell of a cliffhanger. Since it's the first book in a duet that's to be expected, but this is one that I DID NOT see coming. Crazy! S.M. Shade certainly left me hanging there at the end, and all I could do was sit and cuss and pout. Regardless, I am excited and counting down for the conclusion to Axton & Naomi's story.

Rock Star, Interrupted is a story that introduces us to Axton and his nanny, Naomi. Axton is broody, complicated and obv
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: October 29, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Rock Star Romance | Book 1 in the Duet

Buckle up and brace yourself because the ending of Rock Star, Interrupted is a doozy! WHOA! I know to always expect some messed up endings when it comes to duets- the cliffhangers are always killer- but this one?!!? I can't EVEN! Why S.M. Shade had to leave me hanging like this is seriously messing with my head right now and if I didn't have a house full of people I would probably throw my iPad acro
M
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
My first thought about Axton - Huge jerk!
My first thought about Naomi - Huge sweetheart!

It took a large part of the book to change my feelings around for Axton. I held a grudge for a bit lol. Naomi didn't put up with his moods and broodiness though. He was rock star personified. He lived and breathed it. His personality fit it. They are things in the past that the story hinted to that helped shape him into the man he is.

Then Caden came into the picture. Slowly, that little boy chipped away at th
Halle Reads
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars 🌟

Review to follow
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Omg! I was not expecting that! This is my first book to read by this author and will certainly not be my last. I need book 2 now!!!
Debbie Turk
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G That Ending💥😲 A Fabulously Sexy & Tension Filled Read!!🔥😍🎤🎶🎸
Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet Book 1)

I was picked up & swept away by this new Rock Star read.🎤🎶🎸 Axton & his band 'Tragic' are just hitting it big when his life is altered forever by a phone call!!😳 He wants to carry on as if nothing has changed & hires Naomi as his live-in Nanny, she'll also go on tour with them too!🚎✈ He won't abandon his responsibilities but wants his life to stay the same!!🍺🍷🎤🎶

Naomi seems sweet, kind, ca
Coco.V
Jan 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/19/2020)! 🎁
Cheryl
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: cheating
What an ending cliffhanger

Naomi becomes the nanny for Axton who is a singer in a band.

I did find myself skimming somewhat as I got sick of hearing how Axton is going and living his life. It should of been about his son.

Now the cliffhanger blew me away did Naomi know? I thought she had no family.

Off to book 2 I have to find out.
Julia Wolf
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first S.M. Shade book, but I'm such a sucker for rock stars, I had to check it out. And that cover? It drew me right in and fits perfectly with the story.

Ax is the lead singer of a newly successful band. He's leaning in hard to the rock star lifestyle, has no intention of slowing down, even when he finds out he's the dad of a 10-month-old baby. At first, I hated this man. I understood his fear, not wanting to change, but he made me angry. He didn't want anything to do with the baby,
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

OH MY GOSH! HOLY SMOKES! ALL THE YESES! Y'all my heart is still racing, palms are still sweating, and I'm so cursing under my breath. .. after finishing this explosive romance and all I can think about now is how this book ended (THAT ENDING. THAT TWIST. I got nothing y'all!) and when is the next in this duet is coming out!?

S.M. Shade is brand spanking new to me and what a way to pop my cherry than with a killer, unputdownable rock star romance. I've heard a looooot of buzz about this au
Yvonne Eason
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
S. M Shade is a god. Need I say more!

Ax is an up and coming rock star with a past that keeps coming back to haunt him. He is about to start a tour when he is hit a curve ball that he has a son and his life is turned upside down. Needing to hire a nanny Naiomi comes into his life.

Naomi is strong and doesn't take much crap from Ax, she tells him as it is when he over steps the boundaries but the sexual tension between them is smoking. Will they give into temptation? Can she keep Caden safe?

The st
Ariadna Basulto
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
S.M. Shade is trying to kill me with that ending. HOLY FORKING SHIRT! Like, I cannot even with this ending. I need the next book so badly! I must know what happens with Axton and Naomi and I must know now! *insert dying emoji face here* I’m a sucker for rockstar romances and I flipping loved this book!

I love me some broken and broody characters and Axton was that and more. He’s our hero and rockstar in the story. The man clearly has issues and demons he’s fighting. Add to that a newly found bab
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
This book was AMAZING! Musician romance is in my top five favorite romance sub-genres but this one was written by S.M. Shade so I would have given this one a try for that reason alone. Everything I've ever read by her has hooked me and had me thoroughly impressed. And once again, this book shows why she's becoming a must read author for me.

This story had so much I loved about it. First was a broody hero with secrets in his past that I look forward to uncovering. Some of them were clearly heartbr
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
What in the living hell?!? OMFG!
The ending/cliffhanger was unbelievable! OMG!
I can’t even process all that came out!
I need to shout! Hit something...SEND HELP!
SHANNON SHADE what have you done?!?
It’s not fair... I need the conclusion.
Axton took a bit to understand and connect with but now I’m hooked on him.
Naomi was so perfect...I guess not everything is as it seems.
Ughhh..please just grab this book and read it. It’s effing perfect.

~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~
Plot~ 5/5
Main Characters (hero/heroine)~
Chrissy
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a Cliffhanger!

Well first up, there is a massive cliffhanger as this a duet, so if you can’t handle one of those, maybe wait until the next book is out. Personally, though they make me crazy, it won’t stop me reading a book, especially one by SM Shade, who is a great writer. I know plenty of people won't read a series until it's complete but if we all did that, no series would ever get finished because the author would starve.

This book is about Axton, the lead singer in a newly successful ro
Candyce Kirk
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

S.M. Shade takes us on an emotional rollercoaster ride with the first book in the Tragic Duet. We meet Axton. He's in a band and they're just getting popular with their own record deal. His life gets turned upside down when he finds out he has a son. Axton isn't planning on changing his life for a baby, so he hires a nanny. With that settled, he can go on with his rock star life can't he?!?

Naomi needs the money and is happy to change her job. Even though she loved teaching, this seems m
Ashlee Wahl
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rock Star, Interrupted is a story about a Rock Star, Axton, who has past abuse issues with his father. He finds out that he’s a father after the mother of his child passes away and he’s left to care for this child. Axton hires a nanny, Naomi, to help him care for this child. At first, Axton doesn’t want to do much with his son, Caden, because of fear of messing up his life.

This book has easily become one of my favorites. The connection between Naomi and Axton is fantastic. The character building
Jami Kehr
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy S--t!! This book.... What a crazy ride!

Have you ever read a book and got that feeling in your upper chest. When your heart breaks so hard, it physically hurts... Yep that's gonna happening while you read this one.

Naomi is a strong heroine. She is loveable, kind, smart and sassy. She doesn't take crap from any one. Including the rock star God she's working for.

Axton Todd.. even his name screams Hot Rock Star! He's the mysterious, moody, sexy as all get out, lead singer for the band Tragic.
Pamela
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Axton is the lead singer of the band Tragic that is just taking off. A phone call will change his life forever. He has a ten month old son named Caden. He hires Naomi to be a live-in nanny and to go on tour with the band. Axton doesn't want his life to change but he can't abandon his responsibility to his son. There is a slow burn attraction between Axton and Naomi going on. Naomi stands up to Axton and puts him in his place about Caden and how he is doing as a father. The cliffhanger ending is ...more
Charlotte
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
*WARNING* contains explicit sexual content and crude language
This story leads us to believe there are some ugly secrets in Axton's past, but doesn't go into detail. It lightly touches on domestic violence, so if that's a problem for you, be aware. The character growth for Axton through this story is not only huge, but is also beautiful. I only hope the plot twist toward the end doesn't mess everything up.
♡ One Click Romance ♡
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cliffy I was not expecting...

I have been left jaw dropped and stunned.
I seriously have no words. It was better than great. I need the rest like yesterday. That cliffy has me mad. The characters have me hooked. Storyline is everything I needed. That cliffy ugh I already said something about it.

When
Is
The
Rest
Coming!?
Liz
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book - that was a cruel place to finish. A good story, the characters grew on me by the end of the book.
Maddie
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cali Gals
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rock Star, Interrupted is book one of a duet! Yep, that means just what the sentence implies, CLIFFHANGER! Geesh this author is QUEEN of them.

If you have read this author before then you will completely understand that her cliffies are NEVER done in an understated fashion. What am I trying to say here? Buckle up and hang on cause this story is gonna take you on a ride. Wink!

Another thing I love about Ms. Shades style of writing, is you know you are missing facts that will give you greater unde
B. C. Booklover
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved!🔥

Sexy, talented rockstar, Axton Todd, cocky, self centered, with the voice and looks of a fallen angel, is on his way up in the world of rock. His love of the music that soothes his soul and helps to silence his dark thoughts is everything he needs. He's enjoying the ride to the top along with the benefits that come with it. He's got it all, living his dream when he gets the shock of his life...he has a baby....surprise!

Enter Naomi Wells, former teacher who needs to sign a NDA just to get
Ann (Literary Lust)
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by S.M. Shade and it won’t be my last. Obviously I’ll be reading the second book in this duet as soon as it hits my kindle, but I’m really looking forward to reading her back catalogue too.

I honestly could not put my kindle down. The author grabbed my attention from the very first page and will have it until I have read the conclusion to this amazing story. It’s no secret that Rock Star romances are my Kryptonite and this story is now up there amongst my favourites. I’m ho
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Rock Star, Interrupted made me feel all the feels. This sexy, sweet and emotional romance had me reeling. Axton, Naomi and Caden captured my heart.

Axton is broody and mysterious. He can come off as being an a**hole, but in the grand scheme of things he’s a nice and caring guy. Yes, there were times he had me wanting to punch him, but at the sane time I also wanted to hug him. I felt conflicted, but in the end there was no doubt I’d have a soft spot for him.

Naomi was such a breath of fre
*My Little Book Nook*
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Looking for a romance that’s sweet, emotional, and sexy? Rock Star, Interrupted is your book. It made me feel all the feels, and I am totally in love with Axton Todd and Naomi Wells.

Axton Todd is broody, mysterious, soulful, and sexy AF. He’s layers upon layers of dynamic deliciousness, and SM Shade wrecked me with him. Even when I wanted to throttle him, I loved him. Axton Todd is “complicated, damaged beauty.”

Naomi Wells is everything I love in a heroine, and she’s wonderfully balanced. She’s
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Before the Second Show
  • Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Broken Promises (Burning Mistakes #1)
  • XO
  • Outmatched
  • Darling (Darling Devils, #1)
  • The Kiss Game (Twisted Games #1)
  • See Through
  • Best Man
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men #2)
  • Stay with Me (Diamond in the Rough #3)
  • The Way We Fell
  • Too Good at Goodbyes
  • His Royal Highness
  • Tabloid Princess (Tabloid Princess #1)
  • The Scarlet Night (Rose Gold, #0.5)
I'm a full time author who is hopelessly addicted to iced coffee, love stories, sunshine, and men with full sexy lips, though not necessarily in that order. A voracious reader since I sounded out my first word, I started writing as a teenager and rediscovered my love of writing as an adult. Originally from Indianapolis, I now live in a small Kentucky town with my college age son.

Tragic Duet (2 books)
  • Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)