Start by marking “Royal Orchid (The Death-Hunters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Royal Orchid (The Death-Hunters, #1)

Royal Orchid (The Death-Hunters, #1)

A vengeful dragon.
A magician lurking in the shadows.
A ragtag team fighting to stop the planet from plunging into turmoil.

When fourteen-year-old Ivy falls through a portal into Ghost Orchid, she is scared and alone. Then, she meets a group of teen rebels fighting to save the icy wasteland. But are they really the good guys? Or are they as crazy and dangerous as they seem?

St
Published 2019 by Scribble Ink

To ask other readers questions about Royal Orchid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royal Orchid

Start your review of Royal Orchid (The Death-Hunters, #1)
Sophie B-R
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book was so amazing I read it in two days. I love the way story moves at a fast pace. I highly recommend to other kids who love fantasy and thrillers!

Britni Pepper
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Lee
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put this book down! I read it in one day. I was immediately immersed in the story and characters. The author weaves her words with illustrative narrative and scenes that are readily conjured up in the readers mind. There is great pace to this book, from beginning to end, with clever twists that keep the reader immersed in the story.

I finished reading this story with my heart beating a little faster than normal and a feeling of great excitement to read more from this young, talented a
A.J.
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
First up, as Denika's writing mentor I'm utterly biased. But then again, I read the manuscript several times and it was never boring as Denika has created a fascinating world full of danger and critters both cute and terrifying.

The story starts with Ivy falling into a world of ice and danger and almost into the hands of the Death Hunters themselves...
Marisa McWhinnie
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Death-Hunters is a fast-paced and exciting novel, with quirky characters and lots of adventure. I couldn't put the book down and am really looking forward to the next one! I'd recommend it to any young fantasy reader. ...more
Mary Stanley
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compelling! Amazing descriptive language and imagery. I couldn't put the book down once I started it! ...more
Finn Hall
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a book I couldn't put down, a read in one sitting book! It kept me constantly surprised with unexpected betrayals. Cannot wait for the next one! Highly recommend. ...more
Christine Edwards
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ideal read for anyone who loves a fantasy story
Alicia Hall
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent debut novel! Fast paced, exciting twists and unexpected turns and was left wanting more!
Goldenwattle
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure about this story. There is a continuity problem for one thing. One moment Ash is badly injured and the next she is up and about; not as an invalid, but seemingly completely better; able to fight even.
Where are the other people; the ordinary people who also live in this land; the farmers, shop keepers and the like. The people in the story get their food and supplies from someone. These missing details would have improved the story and added interest and depth.
I am impressed though th
Amaziah
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
12 year old, Avid Reader.

Wow. This 16 year old author Denika Mead is an amazing writer. She inspired me to write my own novel.

This book drew me in the moment I started reading. She made it very easy to connect with the characters. I have loved selling this book at the Underground Bookstore in Wellington.

This was my introduction into fantasy. I loved the original ideas and adventure, and couldn't wait to read the next book in the series.
Caroline
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fast-paced debut novel from young author Denika Mead had me hooked from the beginning. The story plummets the reader into in a unique new world with an air of mystery and plenty of action. The characters were believable and the story compelling. I found it hard to put down and I can't wait to read the prequel and the next book in the series. ...more
Christina
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastical adventure story filled with vivid imagery, interesting characters and drama. The unpredictable storyline made it hard to put down and kept me wondering until the end.
Stanley Strik
Caressa Ostello
Apr 16, 2020

• Out of the Ashes
  • Some Girls: My Life in a Harem
  • Shades of Grey (Shades of Grey, #1)
  • Kingkiller Chronicle Patrick Rothfuss Collection 3 Books Box Set -GiftBox(The Wise Man's Fear, The Slow Regard of Silent Things, The Name of the Wind)
  • The Stormlight Archive, Books 1-3: (The Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, Oathbringer)
  • The Inheritance Cycle (The Inheritance Cycle #1-4)
  • The Ickabog
  • Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House (Agatha Raisin, #14)
  • Fortune and Glory (Stephanie Plum, #27)
  • The Hanging Girl
  • Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
  • Everybody Wanted Room 623 (Everybody's A Suspect, #2)
  • The Last Voyage of Mrs Henry Parker
  • The Gravedigger’s Son (Charley Davidson #13.6)
  • The 21-Day Immunity Plan
  • Our Dogs, Ourselves: How We Live with Dogs
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

News & Interviews