Start by marking “The Gritty Truth (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Gritty Truth (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #7)

The Gritty Truth

(The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor #7)

A fun, sexy, and emotionally riveting new standalone romance by New York Times bestselling author Melissa Foster. USA Today Bestseller, THE GRITTY TRUTH is the perfect love story for those who enjoy fiercely loyal and insanely sexy alpha heroes, smart, sassy heroines, strong family bonds, bikers, babies, and more!

Recovering drug addict Quincy Gritt has fought his demons. H
Published October 7th 2020 by World Literary Press

To ask other readers questions about The Gritty Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gritty Truth

Start your review of The Gritty Truth (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #7)
Kahea
***5 “I Want Us to Be a Given” & “Booful” Stars***

Truth: Ever since meeting Quincy in Tru Blue, I was wondering if he would ever get his own HEA, so to say I was all kinds of happy to get my hands on this book is an understatement

(And, yes, I was all kinds of happy that it also meant that I would get more Truman because he’s all kinds of bookboyfriendgoodness) and I was not disappointed at all.

I was surprised ~ pleasantly so ~ and my cheeks hurt from all the grinning, and I did get sniffly
Fiona Fog
The emotions will run HIGH when you delve into the latest from Melissa Foster, talk about shedding tears because I did. The subject matter is confronting, but it is so well written you can't help but be swept up in Quincy's journey. Seeing how far he's come is pure magic. The strength in the lead's character blew me away. He's made peace with his choices, his past, but that's not to say it's magically erased that will never happen. It's part of what makes this man who he is today.

When he had to
Carmen Rae
I fell madly in love with Tru Blue. Honestly, Truman's story is one of my top 10 books and from there I was hooked on the Whiskey series. But from that first book, I have wanted Quincy's story.

I felt like I knew most of Quincy's story, but I knew it from Truman's point of view and I KNEW it would be an emotional ride. Everything he came through to get to this point made him someone so genuine and human. He had walked through fire and come out of it surrounded by the love and support of the Whisk
Nadine Bookaholic
GUTTED ME!!!
I stayed up all night to finish, I couldn't go to sleep until I knew how Quincy and Roni's story ended. This story was everything I love about Melissa Foster books, she gave us two lovable characters with heartbreaking pasts that they need to work through. For Roni it's recovering from a devastation that put her lifelong dreams in danger, and Quincy is a recovering drug addict.

Read more of my review and enter a #giveaway here: https://bit.ly/NBReviewTGT

the gritty truth by melissa foster

Nadine **I have voluntarily reviewed
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
The Gritty Truth is a heartwarming, heart wrenching, heartbreaking, heart healing romance between two imperfect individuals who are just perfect for each other!

Throughout this excellent The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor series, I’ve grown to love Quincy and have rooted for him since he appeared in Tru Blue and has been sprinkled throughout the stories in the rest of the series. And, at last, it’s Quincy’s turn to find love and get to his happily ever after, but man it’s not an easy
Izzie d
Oct 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Escape into a Booksite
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
*4.5-5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I've been very curious about Quincy's book since I read Tru Blue, and throughout the books about The Whiskey's. Tru Blue is one of my favourites, so I shouldn't be surprised that Quincy's book was amazing as well.

It was really interesting to get the other side of the story, after reading Tru's side. Those boys had really been dealt a short hand, and I wanted to Quincy to get his HEA just like Tru did. I really really liked bot
Carly Wilson
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
‘The Gritty Truth’ is the fantastic seventh book in the Dark Knights Peaceful Harbour series by Melissa Foster, and it is one of those books where you finish reading and feel awfully sad it’s over.

I have been excitedly awaiting Quincy Gritt’s story ever since he was first introduced in ‘Tru Blue’, and ever since, whenever snippets of his progress have featured in other books in this series, I have pondered what his Happily Ever After would look like.

Quincy is a recovering addict and has his li
Irene

The Gritty Truth by Melissa Foster is a beautifully written, heartfelt read.

The storyline is enjoyable from start to end, it's emotional, sweet and watching Quincy and Roni's relationship unfold kept me turning the pages.

These two were perfect for each other, I loved their honesty, they supported and encouraged each other through their darkest times and they loved each other unconditionally.
Their story touched my heart, I was happy they were able to put the demons behind them and enjoy
Regan
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard to take

I’ll admit, this one was rough on me. I have read the whole series and I really loved Tru when I met him. It was a little hard not to see Quincy as a bad guy. But after he got into rehab I started to root for him. Thinking that he might backslide wasn’t something I wanted to consider.
Then, when I met Roni I was thinking that there was no way that he would do that to her. But, as usual in this series, the author wove a complicated, multi dimensional story, filled with both joy and des
Pamela
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quincy and Roni both have their demons to overcome. Quincy has battled addiction and a trouble past to come out on top. Roni has had her dreams yanked out from under her with a death. She is down but not out and Quincy may be able to convince her to take a chance. Awesome read.
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Ever since I read Tru Blue all those years ago, I have been waiting for Quincy Gritty's story. Tru Blue is still my favourite Melissa Foster book - ever I was disappointed with The Gritty Truth.

Throughout the Whiskey series, we have learned little bits about Quincy, though we have always learned things from Truman or others POV. Now we have the whole shebang from Quincy's story, and, as I knew it would be, it was heartbreaking and beatiful and sad - and hopefu
Lisa Dryden
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this absolutely outstanding, emotional book?

WOW, WOW, WOW may not be enough!!

When I read A Little Bit Wicked I thought Melissa could not do better, I am pleased to say I was completely and utterly wrong!

This book will put you through the wringer, the emotions pour through the page straight to your heart and leave you emotionally drained, in a good way of course.

Although we knew a little of Quincy's past after reading Tru Blue, reading his full story and what he went through
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the seventh book in the series - I absolutely recommend that you read them in order -but at the very least read book 1 where we get to understand much more of Quincy's past. I am a huge fan of Melissa Foster, and love how she has broadened out the Whiskey family to include the reformed Quincy, thanks to his brother Truman, who's story is told in Tru Blue.

It is a fine balance that Quincy has achieved over the las
Cyndi Becker
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Gritt brothers have led lives that were turned up side down by their addicted mothers' bad choices. Truman Gritt served jail time for his younger brother Quincy, and Quincy is determined to now live a clean life in reparation for his wholly defensive crime. In the Whiskey family they found their tribe and are clearly in the inner fold of group, and Quincy has long been working to stay clean and to lead a productive life, contributing to the community.

With The Gritty Truth Melissa Foster deli
Kari Hansen
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quincy has endured a childhood that no one should have to. The guilt and regrets of what transpired led to a downward spiral that resulted in a drug addiction that it would take years before he hit bottom and realized that he needed to make changes. He has now been sober for two years and is ready to pursue the woman who has claimed his heart but first he has to convince her to give him a chance.

Roni has a painful past of her own when an accident destroyed her dreams for the future. Her strength
Amy
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you have read the other books in the Whisky series then you know Quincy Gritt. We first meet him in Tru Blue and learn his story. He has a troubled past but his brother Truman is always there to help him get through it. After a stint in rehab Quincy is getting his life back together. He wants to be a man that others can be proud of and wants to find that someone special.

Veronica has a past that is not like Quincy's but not glamorous either. She was a dancer who made it to Julliard with dreams
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
project_20200919_1207011_01
A MUST READ! Absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful! So happy to see Quincy's story finally! Read my full review & my teaser on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
Jessica Alcazar
Melissa Foster seems to be hitting all my emotional hot spots lately. The last few books I’ve read by her have been deeply emotional for me because some of the aspects have mirrored my real life. Real life in the present and not the past. Quincy Gritt is someone I know very well. I have to commend Melissa for representing his struggles realistically and respectfully. His struggles will always be lurking in the shadows but as you read his story you will learn the beauty all around him that wi ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Gritty Truth by Melissa Foster is book 7 in The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor Series. This is the story of Veronica 'Roni' Wescott and Quincy Gritt. I have read the previous books which did add to my enjoyment of this one. But, I do feel you can make it a standalone book if you wish to do so...I just hate for you to miss this great series. Roni hasn't had a easy time with some of the things life has thrown at her, but she has worked try to keep moving forward. Quincy has made som ...more
Crystal
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quincy and Roni are so special, and their book was one I couldn’t put down. It broke my heart, and then put it back together again! So good!
Terren  Hoeksema
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tru was my main man until his brother Quincy stole the show and dethroned him. Grab your tissues with this book, TruBlue was raw and emotional, Quincy's book left me a blubbering mess and then put my heart back together in the end. Quincy and Roni both had an less than perfect upbringing but they each found their way. Roni with dancing until a tragic accident shattered her dreams, but that didn't stop her from dancing and doing what she loves. Quincy had to fight his own demons and make peace wi ...more
Sandy S
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--THE GRITTY TRUTH is the seventh instalment in Melissa Foster’s contemporary, adult The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, erotic romance series. This is recovering addict and bookstore employee Quincy Gritt, and twenty-four year old dance instructor Veronica ‘Roni’ Wescott’s story line. THE GRITTY TRUTH can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous instalments is revealed where necessary but I recommend reading TRU BLUE for ba ...more
Sharon Martin
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a beautiful, and phenomenal story. I enjoyed many moments smiling, laughing, melting with the heat, but Melissa absolutely broke me emotionally on more than one occasion with this. She took the wind out of my sails with the most emotion I've ever felt whilst reading a book.

Quincy has held a special place in my heart ever since meeting him and Tru in their traumatic story of Tru Blue. I thought I was prepared to relive his heartbreaking past and ready to take on whatever was going
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

KINDLE / APPLE / NOOK / KOBO / GPLAY / PAPERBACK

Quincy and Roni have been dancing around each other for awhile now. They've been trading flirty texts but have never taken it further. Until the man himself finally decides he's had enough of the casual flirty texts and makes moves to get to know her better. Now the question is, can two people with such heartbreaking pasts come together and stay together?

Oh but this one made me shed a few tears. Quincy and Roni both had gone through so much
Joelle
This story was a heart-wrenching read that was so emotional and gripping that it tares out your insides as well as your heart but, it also had you believing in happily ever after and love. The story had us grinning a lot and laughing out loud a time or two, and we love it when that happens.

Quincy was a man who was sexy and honest to a fault and a man who was loved by many and was the kind of man who loved back just as deeply in return. The man had a horrific childhood and life but, his brother w
Leila
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Melissa’s romance books are special. They can all be read as a stand alone story, or they can be read of a much larger family series (everyone is related in some sense or another when it comes to the families in Melissa’s books). It makes all of the books that much more special when someone we have crossed paths with in the future finally finds their happily ever after!

We met Quincy in Tru Blue and knew of his story, but clearly, not the entire story. (Nor his future!)

Now, we get to hear Quincy
Mary Mooney
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
This is the 7th book in the series and we get a better understanding of Quincey's past and what he has been through. As he tries to move past his demons, he is falling for a dancer who is the teacher of Kennedy's dance class.
Former dancer Veronica "Roni" Wescott has been a dancer for as long as she can remember. It was the one thing to take all the bad things out of her head when she needed too. Now the
Romantic Reads and Such
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Those who have read the series already know that Quincy Gritt has lived a pretty messed up life but has worked hard to get clean & make a healthy, satisfying life for himself, one that he can be proud of. He's managed to stay clean and surround himself with a group of friends and family that will be there whatever may come, and after meeting Roni he knows that he's just missing that last connection.

While Roni never dealt with an addiction, her life so far hasn't been the easiest either. She grew
Becky Claxon
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very emotional book that pulled at my heart strings. If you read Truman’s story, you will remember Quincy. Poor Truman and Quincy had such a hard childhood. I couldn’t stand their mother and what she did to her sons. I am so glad Quincy had Truman for most of his childhood until their awful mother stepped in. Quincy has been clear of drugs for two years now. I loved that he wanted to get to know Roni better, but started out with friendship and texting back and forth. I admired how stro ...more

• When You Kiss Me (Maine Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #21)
  • Dare to Play (Dare Nation, #3)
  • Loving Jackson (Wishing Well, Texas Book 10)
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • Last Beautiful Girl (Magnolia Sound, #6)
  • Semi-Sweet On You (Hot Cakes, #4)
  • Man’s Best Friend (The Dogmothers, #5)
  • Seduced in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder, #4)
  • Silhouettes Shadows and Sunsets (Summer Lake Silver Book 5)
  • Back to You (Sweetbriar Cove, #12)
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • The Penalty Box (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #3)
  • My Sinful Temptation (Sinful Men #5)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Noah (Anderson Billionaires, #2)
  • Live to Tell (Saints and Sinners, #5)
  • Unexpected Gift
  • Scarred (Scarred, #1)
NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

Never miss a release! Follow Melissa here on Amazon and sign up for her newsletter: https://MelissaFoster.com/Newsletter

Start FIVE of Melissa's series FREE in ebook format here: https://MelissaFoster.com/LIBFREE

FREE Love in Bloom Family Trees: https://MelissaFoster.com/RG

FREE Series Reading Order Checklist: https://MelissaFoster.com/SeriesCheck...

FREE

The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor (9 books)
  • Tru Blue (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #1)
  • Truly, Madly, Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #2)
  • Driving Whiskey Wild (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #3)
  • Wicked Whiskey Love (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #4)
  • Mad About Moon (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #5)
  • Taming My Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #6)
  • In for a Penny (A Whiskey Novella) (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #8)
  • Running on Diesel (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #9)