Start by marking “Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)

Hidden Truths

(Truths and Lies Duet #1)

From USA Today bestselling author K Webster and Nikki Ash comes Hidden Truths: a romantic suspense.

My life was easy, simple, fun. Light.
Until I got wrapped up with the wrong people.
Nothing but a piece of property to pay for the sins of my father.
I’m to be married off to a handsome monster.
I see his truths every day, and it’s hard not to fall for the enemy.
He won’t let me e
Published November 21st 2019 (first published November 6th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Truths, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Ariel Ali
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
DNF @ 49%

This had a lot of potential to be a win for me...until it didn’t. The story fell off track for me and I had no interest in the new direction.

I don't like when really potentially triggering things are seemingly thrown in romance/erotic books for shock value only and don't really have any purpose or make any sense. So, I'm just gonna set this one down and move on to something else.
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

K Webster and Nikki Ash need to make this writing together thing a regular affair! Earlier this year, I read Heath, a Wuthering Heights retelling by the duo, and not only did their writing styles blend together beautifully, but the story itself was absolutely captivating! This dark mafia romance was no different! If I didn't know this was written by two different people, I would've never guessed it, and I devoured the entire book in one sitting!
image host

Talia Ni
Jen
This is part one of the duet series written by K. Webster and Nikki Ash! I must say that these two authors pairing up to write was a brilliant decision! I am really enjoying this duet and after the cliffy I just read, I am dying to dig right into the conclusion immediately!!!

One thing I need to mention about this book is that it’s dark. There are some awful things that happen through out this story and I just feel the need to make readers aware of that! If you’re looking for a flowery romance ;
Melanie (mells_view)
This woman is so delicate. A butterfly caught in a spider’s web—her wings about to be tied down indefinitely.

Arranged marriage. Organized crime. Loads of drama between families/characters in the story. A ton of potentially triggering things happen. I’m sad I didn’t like this one more. I’m a huge mafia lover, and while the crime aspect of this one was okay I just didn’t connect with the characters very much. Will I read the next book? Most likely. It is well written and kept me turning pages unti
Coco.V
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Extremely entertaining, captivating and so addictive. The twists and turns and the suspense kept me turning the pages. The chemistry between Kostas and Talia was electric. Can’t wait to see what happens next! Overall rating : 4.5 stars.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
<3 4 stars <3

Well this was a nice surprise, I read it so fast! It was interesting and I was intrigued! There are some twists that I didn’t see them coming! I’m excited to see what will happen next! I’m curious how this will continue! It was sexy, fast paced with slow burn!

I find it a little bit funny not for the story but since I’m from Greece and the names and places are from my country it was nice seeing them!

Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Kostas and Talia grabbed me from the very beginning, I devoured this book really quickly. I could not put it down.
Talia is a stubborn and sassy character, but she is also smart enough to know when to zip her lips.  She challenges Kostas daily as he finds himself softening more and more to her.

Hidden Truths uses the forced marriage/ mafia troupe that is very popular at the moment. but the authors take in a new direction . The location, the setting, the characters are all unique enough to make
ABookLover73
Five mafia stars for Talia and Kostas ❤🖤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is the first book I've read written by these two authors, K Webster and Nikki Ash.

It is also my first mafia book which absolutely won me over and I can wait to read more books from this genre and of course, books written by these two truly talented authors.

"Hidden Truths" is a romance story with enemies to lovers, agreement marriage, mafia tropes and a lot more.

Talia and Kostas's relationship isn't one from a fairy tale and you become aware im
Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ❤️❤️❤️❤️🌟🌟🌟🌟s

Wow! I liked Hidden Truths so much!!
It was very well written, suspenseful, full of angst, had plenty twists and turns, I even put up with the unfolded drama.
The only thing that I didn’t enjoy was the dragging few chapters before the ending.
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader

The first chapter was slow, so I had some concerns, but once I began reading chapter 2, it was full speed ahead! Poor Talia is literally forced to change her life completely and marry an intimidating stranger. Their story was tense, sexy and had me on the edge of my seat!!!

My only complaint is that on the day Talia is forced into the arranged marriage, we don’t get her perspective at all. I imagine she had to have felt sick to her stomach with dread, especially after a very traumatic e
K. Webster
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Truths and Lies Duet is now in KINDLE UNLIMITED!

Hidden Truths ➜ https://amzn.to/2mltlK4
Stolen Lies ➜ https://amzn.to/2kVwksr

🖤 Synopsis 🖤

My life was easy, simple, fun.
My life was brutal, horrific, ruthless.
Light.
Dark.
Until I got wrapped up with the wrong people.
Until a beautiful bride was dragged into my life.
Nothing but a piece of property to pay for the sins of my father.
I took her as my prize and made her mine.
I’m to be married off to a handsome monster.
Vengeance never tasted so sweet.
I se
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This is the first book I’ve read where these two authors have written together, but I am a huge fan of K. Webster and Hidden Truth’s did not disappoint. It was fast paced, shocking in its brutality, and not for the faint of heart. The writing reminded me in a lot of ways of Pepper Winters, with the ability to paint a main character that was a dangerous monster of a man, shaped by his circumstances, but who you root for despite all reason not to.

Kostas is, in his own words and actions, a
Alexei
Dec 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Siobhan Davis
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A deliciously-seductive, dark, suspenseful and sexy tale that hooked me from page one, and didn't let go until I had devoured it. Absolutely superb. Grab a copy right now! ...more
AvidReader
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Allyson
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the ARC !!!!!!!

This story took a hold of me and didn't let go. Kostas.. oh what an alpha you are!!! Loved how possessive he is over Talia and also how sweet he is behind his monster. Talia is a strong heroine after all she has been through. Her father woooo I hope he gets what is coming to him. There is one person in this book that I was so disappointed in ..well pissed the hell off ... and I hope that the one thought I have right now isn't going to come true in the next book. Thi
Mirjam
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is my second book from this duo and, again, another baffling read.

Kostas Demetrious is “What you see is what you get with me, Psychopath and all.” He is the eldest son and heir of the mafia king of the most powerful family in Greece and does what is expected from him. So when his father informs him that he is to be married to Talia Nikolaides, the daughter of his father’s mortal enemy, Kostas does so without argument.
Kostas is not a nice man but does stand by his words, he is a man who ho
Sarah N
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hidden Truths by K. Webster and Nikki Ash was an incredible read! The plot grabbed my attention right from the start, and kept me interested throughout every chapter! The pacing is perfect with absolutely no lag time, with plenty of drama, angst, and red hot, delicious, steam to keep things going. Readers that loved The Merciless world by Willow Winters, The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen or Bloodstained Beauty by Ella Fields NEED Hidden Truths stat.

Kostas is one of my favorite alpha/bully heroes. His
The Smutbrarians
Feels 2
Steam 4
Storyline 5
Overall Rating 4.5
Kindle eArc provided by Authors
Reviewed by Robin

Gahhhhh!!! This book! I am so sucked into Kostas and Talia and just everything! This story has a bit of a captive theme but I love the crime organization twist. And don't even get me started on Aris. There's suspense, intrigue and unpredictable bumps in the new relationship between Kostas and Talia. At about halfway through I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! AND I was only halfway through! This read was add
Corinne
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was ok
Sháy The Obscure Bookworm
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

What can I say...Just what can I say?

I have been dying to get my hands on this and I'm so glad I got to read it. This is the second time I've read something that was both by Nikki Ash and K. Webster- and I am not disappointed.

"The truth you’ll come to learn is that I am yours now as much as you are mine. I vow to learn every part of you in hope you’ll want to learn every part of me. If you ever lose your way, I vow to find you and guide you back to a place where we can be truly
Aliana Milano
Hidden Truths is book 1 of the Truth and Lies duet. Stolen Lies is book 2 and the conclusion to Kostas and Talia's story.

I loved almost every element and aspect that made up this incredible book - the arranged marriage, the mafia, the dark, the action, the violence - all things that make my blood sing.

Talia is your average girl. She goes to school, has a social life, acts her age. She's also beautiful, strong to endure so much and intelligent. Not quite badass in your typical heroine way b
⋆Lara⋆
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars
5++stars!
This was uhmmazingg!

This is my third book by K.Webster and boy she can write!
I have to run to read the next book, so I'll keep this short.

Hidden Truths is the first part of the Truth and Lies duet and it is absolutely amazing!
This is a mafia arranged marriage romance. Talia lives a peaceful and normal life in Italy with her mother, grandparents and boyfriend. Impromptu, she is called for a visit to her father where she learns that she is to marry Kostas, a mob boss's son.

She's absolutel
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Hold on to your seats and get ready as this grabs you from the very beginning and won’t let go! Talia Nikolaides is forced into a marriage for her father’s mistakes. Kostas Demetriou is part of a very powerful crime family in Crete and will take the debt his family is owed whether he wants to or not. Even if that means marrying a traitor’s daughter. Kostas is what bad boys are made to be and pure yumminess. “Hate and love are shared passions. They pull you in and take over your body, your heart, ...more
Kelly
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, 6-stars
Fabulous, intense story!
Kostas is a demanding and cruel man. He takes what he wants with no apologies or second thoughts.
Talia is caught in the crosshairs of a powerful family and her own. She is strong but is she strong enough to deal with Kostas?
This story had me sitting on the edge of my seat. It had all the components of a fabulous story. There was lust, anger, dominance and submission. And lots and lots of making up.
Tina H
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This was good. It started out kind of slow for me but the more I read the more interesting it became. I enjoyed Talia and Kostas together. But what I really loved was watching Talia come into her own as the queen she is.

I was more than halfway through when I decided I wasn't going to continue on with the series but then that ending!! Now, I want to know how everything plays out
Nova B
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Took me too long with this one. Same old story. Nothing new
Katherine Bongo Bridge (Feistybbb)
I went into this story completely blind, didn't know what to expect and sometimes that the best way....wow what a story! Please be aware that Hidden Truths is part one of a duet, so it does leave you on a cliffhanger 😱

This story has the best ingredients.....Families that have been at war for many years; an arranged marriage, mafia, murder, intrigue and that's just the first half of the book, then bang on half way through, oh my days, wasn't expecting that! When you like one character, then don't
Tiffany Sorensen
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book is amazing!! Nikki Ash and K. Webster out did themselves with this one. Talia and Kostas are amazing! They are explosive and entertaining. I love how she doesn’t let her circumstances define her. Kostas doesn’t let the past of others define his relationship with Talia. Together they find their own kind of normal. In this book you should expect the unexpected. I won’t give anything away! Definitely need to read without have spoilers give it away. Definitely recommend Hidden Truths a ...more
Maria11
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Ok

Ok read lots going on. There are a few points that happen during the plot that have been dropped especially what happens between Aris and Talia. I have been waiting for the shoe to drop. The end is a cliffhanger.

• Holding on to Forever
  • Never Got Over You
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • Under a Different Sky (Hand Over My Heart Duet, #1)
  • Boss of Me
  • Best of Me
  • Pour Judgment
  • No Vacancy
  • Code of Silence
  • Checked (Boston Terriers Hockey, #1)
  • Revenge At Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels #2)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Rules (Greyford High, #3)
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • Wanderlove
  • Renegade (Knights of Fury, #2)
  • Our Song
  • Fury (Savage Brothers MC: Tennessee Chapter, #4)
See top shelves…
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

Get social with K!
Ne

Truths and Lies Duet (2 books)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)

News & Interviews