Start by marking “Like, Follow, Kill” as Want to Read:
Like, Follow, Kill

Like, Follow, Kill

‘Absolutely chilling’ Wendy Heard, author of Hunting Annabelle and Kill Club

The USA Today Bestseller
‘One word of advice when reading this book—trust no one’ Wendy Heard

Badly scarred after the accident that killed her husband, Camilla Brown locks herself away from the world. Her only friendships are online, where everyone lives picture-perfect lives.
In private Camilla can
Published by Harper Impulse and Killer Reads

To ask other readers questions about Like, Follow, Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like, Follow, Kill

Start your review of Like, Follow, Kill
Dita
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
What in the whacked out, body odor having, internet stalking, Paducah visiting heck did I just read???

This book is nuts and I loved it.
Kaceey
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, buddy-read
2.5*
Reading the premise for this book I was thrilled to get started! Hoping I would have yet another diabolical, dark thriller to keep me up burning the midnight oil! Some of these new thrillers with ties to social media can be absolutely terrifying! (Maybe, because the potential for trouble seems so very real).

Camilla Brown has purposely distanced herself away from family and friends following the death of her husband. Everyone blames her. Ouch! Rarely showing herself in public, her life revolv
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
After hearing of this book from a fellow blogger ( Dita take a bow) I thought what the hell I don't have enough cray cray in my life. This book is a cup full of cray and then some. Dark, twisted, weird.

What happens when you spend too much time on social media and not enough time interacting with humans? Hmm well perhaps we should take a look. Camilla Brown has not had an easy year. She is coping with a horrific car accident that claimed her husband's life and left her with some serious injuries
Susanne  Strong
2.25 Stars

Chock Full o’ Nuts and Then Some!

Badly scarred after a car accident that killed her husband, Camilla Brown has been hiding out in her apartment for months. Nothing will make her step foot out the door, till a plea for help raises the alarm.

Valerie is an Instagram Influencer. Nary a moment goes by without her posting about her life, which is stalked by everyone, including former classmate Camilla. When Camilla strikes up a friendship by dm, who is Valerie to say no, especially when it’s
Kalyn✨
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
The two things that annoy me most in books are dumb reasons for not calling the cops, and non-sensical plot twists trying to "out-thrill" the last one. Like, Follow, Kill checks both of these off.

Despite some flaws, I actually found this book quite enjoyable until the last 15% where you discover what really happened to Valerie, and then the author takes us on a plot-twist rollercoaster where things are just getting thrown at you. That's where LFK got downgraded from "pretty enjoyable" to just "o
Mandy White
What did I just read? That was nuts. It takes a while to get used to the writing style which is all over the place, just like the main characters brain. It is a really quick, fast paced read and will have you sucked in pretty quickly. As the story continues it does start to get a bit over the top and unbelievable which is where it lost me. It was a great plot, but I was hoping for more.

Camilla Brown has locked herself away from the world after the death of her husband in a car crash where she su
Bridgett
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
First things first...this is one whacked out piece of literature.

But it's fun...soooo much fun.

I've thought about this, and I don't want to give anything away...so I'm just going to suggest giving this book a shot. It's well worth your time, and compulsively readable. Had the final 10% of the book been a bit more believable, I would have given this 4 stars.

3.5 stars rounded down

**Many thanks to the publisher for my advanced copy, given in exchange for my candid review.
Crystal Hiatt
Reading this book is like taking a roller coaster ride through the fever dream of an insane alcoholic.
Do you like weird? Do you like crazy? Are you ingesting too much cough syrup at the moment?
Then do yourself a favor and READ THIS BOOK!
Jeremy Stewart
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After loving My Sister Is Missing, I was extremely excited to read the newest book from Carissa. She sent me a signed copy of Like Follow Kill in exchange for my honest review.

I want to preface my review by saying this has one of the most beautiful covers I have ever seen on a book. This cover is fascinating, yet gives you a sinister kinda vibe with a creepy feeling with chills up and down your spine.

This book was amazing. I love Carissa's writing. She writes fantastic thrillers with twists and
Paula  Phillips
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

As readers will know that I have read to date every single book by Carissa Ann Lynch. I am a big fan of her mystery novels. So when I saw on Netgalley that she had a new one out, I knew instantly that I wanted to read it and the fact that lately I have been on a mystery buzz in between my other books just to break up the feeling of reading the same trope. Another reason I was excited about this book is that it uses social media which is one of my favorite tropes in books - the use of Social Medi
Kayla Krantz
After Camilla’s accident, she secluded herself, blaming herself for killing her fiancé. To pass the days, she stays on social media, living vicariously through a girl she had met in middle school named Valerie. When Valerie’s social media posts take a dark turn, Camilla sets out on an ill-fated trip to rescue her. However, Camilla has more reasons than one for wanting to seek out Valerie.

There was not a single bad thing to say about this book.

While at first Camilla is a character who I strongly
Andrea Pole
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Like, Follow, Kill by Carissa Ann Lynch lured me in immediately and did not disappoint. This is a fast-paced read that I devoured in a single sitting. I simply could not put it down. Full of twists and turns, this one delivers in spades.

Camilla Brown has lost her husband in a car accident that has also left her badly disfigured. Holed up in her apartment, and withdrawn from the outside world, Camilla fills her days by following the online presence of an old school friend. When she witnesses some
This book was really fun, and totally bonkers. Make sure you are ready to suspend your disbelief before you dive in!
Melissa Borsey
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, crazy good thriller with an unexpected ending! Well worth the read! I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Kat
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I practically read this book in one sitting and mainly because I just couldn’t put it down, I needed to know just what the hell was real and what wasn’t but mainly I needed to know how it was all going to end as my goodness it was such a weird and twisted story !!
It’s the kind of book that creeps into your head and just won’t let go and very hard to describe and don’t you just love that kind of read. So as I read the last few pages I had a big satisfied smile on my face as yep this was a real go
Donna Hines
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
If you want madness you found it!
Folks, I wish I could put into words how damn crazy this is but stalking is not my thing but perhaps we could learn a thing or two about it from our main gal.
Camilla Brown is badly injured both internally and externally from an accident that left her husband dead.
Problem is her internal scars run deep and are not as visible as the outer physical scars upon her face.
What many don't realize is she's now a loner and seeking a bit of excitement from a 'jealousy' stan
Nicki
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camilla Brown's scars run deep,both mentally and physically. She was badly scarred in a accident that resulted in the death of her husband,Chris. She is a virtual recluse,who is addicted to drink and pills and whose only friendships are the people whose picture perfect lives she follows on-line.

One person she especially loves following is a girl who used to go to her school. Camilla is obsessed with Valerie Hutchen`s posts,her sickening joy for life and her horribly beautiful face. But then Cami
Michelle Quinn
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD.

I do NOT have the words to describe how I'm feeling about this book. Holy. Fuck.

After the horrific car accident that killed her husband, Camilla doesn't leave her home. Her only interactions with other human beings are when her sister messages her and when she looks through --stalks-- her former high school acquaintance, Valerie, on Instagram. But one night, Valerie posts a cryptic video seemingly in danger. And Camilla is the only one who can help h
Samantha Bailey
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disturbing, chilling, and featuring a damaged, obsessed heroine, LIKE, FOLLOW, KILL delves into the darkest side of social media and its influence on vulnerable people. It was hard to step away from this fast-paced read because I was desperate to uncover all of the twists and turns, which lead to a shocking ending. A very compelling suspense. I received an advanced reader copy.
Trish
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was going to be great when it first started. Inwas really enjoying it. Then the ending just fell flat, it was done very quickly and didn't live up to the hype of the rest. I expected something nitty gritty but it just fell flat.
Lady Delacour
Not Clean.
Foul Language.
Jeanette
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit that when i first started reading this book, i had my doubts as to whether i was going to enjoy. Mainly because i don't normally like stories that are told in the first person. Turned out to be a very enjoyable read, with plenty of twists and turns. I hope to read more books by this author.

My thanks to Netgalley and the Publishers for my copy.
Steph
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I'm in two minds about this one and after thinking about it all day, I've decided to bump my rating down to three stars instead of the original four that I gave it.

The synopsis sounded amazing for this and I was hooked instantly when I started reading. I enjoyed the plot and the mystery... until I was about 83% of the way through. From 83% onwards, the plot just kind of spiraled for me and that ruined it. I thought it was a tad ridiculous and a little bit rushed.

HOWEVER. That being said, I wo
Janice Lombardo
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book. The main character, Camilla, was in a car accident with her husband. He dies. She lives and has had 10 surgeries and still has scars - some facial, at that. Camilla had been drunk driving at the time and feels awful and raw about losing her husband. She has become a bit of a hermit - except for visits from her sister, Hannah, and doctor visits.

Camille is so lonely that she has become obsessed with a high school friend's (Valerie's) ongoing internet pics and stories. Actual
Angie F
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I think if I was to sum up this book in one word it would be weird. At the same time it was really compelling. I knew things weren't what they seemed and that the end would be unexpected. Unfortunately I found the end to be a real anticlimax and was left disappointed. I have read this author's work before and enjoyed it so this book hasn't put me off trying her again but if this had been my first experience of her writing I wouldn't bother with her again.
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Like Follow Kill is one cracker of a read! It is dark, twisted and is extremely enjoyable! I loved every word of it. I could not have been more intrigued after reading the blurb and had no idea of how much of a wild ride I would be taken on! There are so many twists and turns in this story, that I felt like I was on a never ending rollercoaster and I was still reeling when I was able to get off once the book had finished. My heart was racing and I felt like I was holding my breath throughout whi ...more
abdulia ortiz-perez
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I received this ARC book from Netgalley for honest Review.

What a great thrill and suspense it was to read. What a great psychological thrill! This novel had everything in it. The thrill, the suspense, the psychological, and the twist is crazy. This novel will keep you thinking and guessing. When you think you right, well let me just say that you might be wrong. This had me all over the place. My heart beating so fast! I couldn't believe what I was reading. If had me in shock. Every page, every c
Debbie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a crazy thrill ride of a book! I find books related to social media quite interesting. Camilla is deeply scarred both physically and mentally following a wreck she caused that killed her husband Chris. Camilla rarely leaves her tiny apartment and is always drinking and abusing her prescribed medication. She's your classic unreliable narrator. She's a bit obsessed with watching the instagram feed of Valerie Hutchins, a girl she barely knew from middle school and high school days. Valerie ...more
Gillian Moore
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like Follow Kill by Carissa Ann Lynch
Thanks @netgalley @harpercollinsuk for my arc. Out 25th October 2019
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Badly scared and living in isolation Camilla Brown becomes obsessed with her old school friend Valerie’s perfect Instagram life. When Camilla becomes convinced Valerie is in danger she goes on a frantic search to find her. Which may lead to dark consequences.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This story was crazy and a little too far fetched at times bu
D.K. Hundt
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

‘I was born with a scream inside me. Lodged between my heart and throat. Can’t swallow it; can’t choke it down. Can’t spit that motherfucker out. It’s stuck, like me … anchored to the in-between, slowly rotting in the core of me.

LIKE, FOLLOW, KILL is the first book that I’ve read by Carissa Ann Lynch, and I’m looking forward to reading more of her books. The prologue hooked me in immediately – and the ending – Loved it! How the story plays out was predictable early on, but I wasn’t expecting t
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Perfect Sister
  • I Choose You
  • The New Girlfriend
  • The Dinner Party
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
Besides my family, my greatest love in life is books. Reading them, writing them, holding them, smelling them…well, you get the idea. I’ve always loved to read, and some of my earliest childhood memories are me, tucked away in my room, lost in a good book. I received a five dollar allowance each week, and I always — always — spent it on books. My love affair with writing started early, but it most ...more