Start by marking “Xeni (Loose Ends #2)” as Want to Read:
Xeni (Loose Ends #2)

Xeni

(Loose Ends #2)

She just wanted to claim her inheritance. What she got was a husband…

Xeni Everly-Wilkins has ten days to clean out her recently departed aunt’s massive colonial in Upstate New York. With the feud between her mom and her sisters still raging even in death, she knows this will be no easy task, but when the will is read Xeni quickly discovers the decades old drama between the
Published October 4th 2019

Start your review of Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
mina reads™️
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

This is a book about grief, self discovery and finding love in unexpected places at unexpected times. Xeni is about the titular character, Xeni, whose favorite Aunt Sable has suddenly passed away. While in the process of the memorial and settling her Aunt’s estate she is informed that her Aunt left her an absurd amount of money. Her Aunt, ever the generous woman also left a lil something for her friend Mason McInroy, the twist
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was PHENOMENAL. Seriously, one of my favorite smutty books ever and definitely one that I can see myself re-reading as the mood strikes. Xeni was amazing, Mason was amazing, their CHEMISTRY was amazing. This was just great. No choice but to stan a fat, bisexual love interest with a penchant for pegging lmao
Christy
4 stars

IMG_7478

Xeni is the first book I've read by Rebekah Weatherspoon, but let me tell you- it won't be the last! I enjoyed this one so much and I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.

Xeni's aunt has recently passed away and left her most of her estate. Xeni travels cross country to upstate NY to sort everything and finds out her aunt has secrets... not only that, but as a stipulation to inheriting an large estate, she has to marry one of her aunt's neighbors and friends, Mason McInro
EmBibliophile
Dec 28, 2020 rated it liked it

My problem with insta love stories is that I just couldn’t help but be like okay you both are clearly in love and happy together from the very beginning of the book, so what am I doing here?

The beginning of this was really cute and I was loving it. But a few chapters in and I started to lose interest. There was nothing wrong about this book that would make me hate it and the characters were actually sweet. I was just so bored and so uninterested that I started to skip many pages till th
Warda
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was more or less perfect? These two were so well-suited, it’s ridiculous. The intimacy that developed between them during this bizarre set up had my heart crying. It was so soft. 🥺
And don’t get me started on the sex. Blushed too much.
K.J. Charles
A wildly enjoyable contemporary romance with a delightful 'marriage of convenience for the inheritance' plot and absolutely yummy characters. MOC plots often involve people hating or resenting or mistrusting each other, whereas here we have two people trapped in this absurd situation who take a sensible, generous approach, build an alliance, talk to each other, behave supportively, and generally are *exactly* the people you'd want to be forced to marry by the terms of your aunt's will.

Mason is
Mrinmayi
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a sweet n shy hero
Ohhh...I forgot to add that the love interest can COOK!!!

Nah...NOT like this cereal killer dude xD(Got the pun??!!)
Mason(Love interest ) cooks legitimate PERFECT meals!!

Can we appreciate R.J's response to this tweet ??🤣
Just in case you all needed another reason to read this book!!

He can serve me boiled water and I will find that tasty lmao

Will start the review BUT I want to take a moment and appreciate the body positivity in this book
Not only does the Main character have curves BUT the love inte
alluring B ❄︎
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf

dnf @83%
My being upset for not enjoying this like everyone else is an understatement 😞

This ‘review’ won’t be long since there’s nothing problematic w the book and its content to discuss about. it’s just that it fell flat for me, that’s all.
This beginning was cute but then the MCs hit it right off so quickly that it seemed so unnatural and unrealistic, especially after both of them were grieving over their loved one’s passing.

i can see why people adore this book but personally, i
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
I can always count on Rebekah Weatherspoon when I’m in the mood for a wonderful romance filled with steaminess and chemistry that is off the charts, and Xeni was no different. I do wish the book itself was a bit longer to allow us to see more moments between Xeni and Mason, but I thoroughly enjoyed their dynamic and the journey they took together. They were so respective of one another and communicative. I just love watching a healthy couple develop and grow stronger over time.

AT A GLANCE
• Blac
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
I received a copy from the author in exchange of an honest review

CW: explicit sex scenes, death of a loved one, grief, talk of past abortion and past miscarriage, parental abuse, parental rejection of queerness, serious parental illness.

The first word that comes to mind when I think of Xeni is Delightful. That’s it. That’s the review. Okay, but in all seriousness, Xeni meshes lighthearted funny romance, and emotionally heavy moments so well that you love it all the more for it.

So the whole premi
Curlyhairlass19
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want this book to end!

Xeni and Mason have ruined me! Why did I have to fall so hard for these two?! A marriage of inconvenience. A gorgeous, self confident, hilarious black woman, and a HUGE, incredibly kind, attentive Scotsman are kinda forced to tie the knot so to speak, but what I didn’t expect was to fall so deeply for these two, and their journey in falling in love. One of my favorite books ever, and scenes *cough, ahem. Insert devilish smirk. I’m experiencing a swoonami of feels.

Antonella
some random ramblings;
-not suitable to read in public or listen
-beautiful cover
- bi lead characters
- insta love
-cute cinnamon roll hero
-steaaaamy
Lindsay
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The author is busy tying together pretty much all her contemporary romance novels into the same universe. In this case we have Xeni from Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny and Mason from Sanctuary, as well as supporting characters from some of her other books.

In this case Xeni travels to upstate New York from California to settle the affairs of her recently passed aunt only to find that her aunt's will specifies that she and expatriate scot Mason McInroy get married so that they can each receive money from
Bri
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nobody talk to me until I find a love like Mason and Xeni’s 😩😩😩
menna
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-b-in-lgbt
they're so soft i'm in love with them🥺 ...more
Bree Lauren
This was on my list of books that I wanted to read by the end of the year. I read Rafe a few months ago and only thought it was ok, but this? This book was SO good. It's my favorite by Rebekah Weatherspoon so far.

In order for Xeni to claim her inheritance, she has to marry Mason, who she has just met at the funeral. This book was all things marriage of convenience to friends to lovers deliciousness with a big teddy bear of a Scottish hero. The chemistry between these two was on fire. I loved Xen
Obsidian
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Not bad, just not that engaging. I think the story was too rushed. I didn't buy the chemistry between Xeni and Mason. I liked Rafe much more because Weatherspoon took time building the chemistry between the two leads before we get into the bedroom. I think we were at 10 percent (if that) before the two leads were naked with each other. The backstory to Xeni's life was too confusing for words and glossed over much too quickly. I also maybe shook my head about the whole "witch" thing. I don't know ...more
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hi. Rebekah Weatherspoon continues releasing my favorite romance books. With each new book, I'm like "wait now this is my new favorite forever" and this happened with Xeni as well. The newly released Xeni, a marriage of convenience romance, was simply fabulous. Made me happy, swoony, I shed some tears in some scenes. I was big ball of messy emotions while reading it but I woudn't have it any other way.

Yes! There is a marriage of convenience trope. Our protagonists, Xeni and Mason, both have to m
Xan West
Content Warnings: (view spoiler)

This felt like the swooniest of all the romances I've read by Weatherspoon, it had all t
Rachel
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was shamelessly adorable and simple and I loved it.
I love a good "marriage of convenience" trope and this book delivered on it perfectly. It also delivered on an incredibly realistic black female character who remembers to wrap her hair at night, fights against saying what's going on in her head and is a witch. Plus, the sex scenes were dope!
This book made me laugh out loud, tear up, and fall in love with the romance between Xeni and Mason over and over again.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
3.5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 22: May 24 – 30 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Maëlys
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, audiobook, aoc
✨ 4 / 5 ✨

This was a very fun and sexy read that still allowed for thoughtful vulnerable moments.

The premise of this book was a bit wild in the best way possible. Xeni is to inherit a ridiculous sum of money and assets from her aunt, the only catch is that she has to get married to Mason to be able to receive any of it. Oh, and it turns out her aunt had a secret.

From the beginning the two characters click really well and so this marriage of convenience does not seem to be too much of a burden fo
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
I loved this audiobook. I love Antony Ferguson as a narrator though I normally hear him in Highlander romances.

In this book, the author managed to make this marriage of convenience book so much more.
Xeni’s aunt died and left Xeni almost $27 million dollars in money and assets but in order to claim it. Xeni must marry a man her aunt chose and stay married for at least a month.
The aunt chose a Scottish man named Mason, whom the aunt has formed a connection with and he is also in a good
Ebony Rose
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

I wanted to enjoy this a bit more than I did, but I definitely see why it’s a favourite for so many on goodreads. Overall a fairly solid reading experience. Marriage of convenience is such an absurd romance trope that you can’t help but have a lot of fun with it.

I liked the writing style of the book, and the main characters Xeni and Mason were really great and quite complex characters, but something about their relationship didn’t quite click for me. I guess I just didn’t quite buy th
Nev
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqiap, 2020
This was a very fun, smutty romance. It had an element that I don’t personally think I’ve seen in a M/F book before, pegging! The main characters both had interesting backstories and family relationships that impacted the story. I enjoyed how both characters were bisexual and had conversations about having to deal with biphobia from previous partners or family members.

The inevitable Romance Novel Breakup™ felt a little bit contrived. Also, there were A LOT of side characters and sometimes I had
Lily Herman
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ummmm who does Rebekah Weatherspoon think she is, making me adore a book that has some real instant attraction (and dare I say, slight insta-love) vibes in it and melting my cold, dead, enemies-to-lovers-obsessed heart?!?!?

Xeni is the cozy, frisky, bi-affirming, 30-somethings marriage of convenience romance I didn't know I needed. Xeni and Mason were adorable together, and I loved their banter. (Side note: It's such a breath of fresh air when fictional couples have inside jokes that are actually
Danni Faith
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Damn! Weatherspoon is taking no Ls. This is what I imagine people mean when they say something made their heart melt. Mason + Xeni are tender, mature, understanding, considerate, and sexy.

I don't know why it took me so long to read this. I'm glad that I got around to it because it didn't disappoint.
b.andherbooks
I was ecstatic to see someone awesome in my county library system must have requested Xeni for print purchase! I was going to do it but they beat me to the punch!

A lovely examination of a contemporary "arranged marriage" between a grieving woman who recently lost her beloved aunt and also finds out her family has been hiding major secrets, and the sweet and burly Scotsman who she must marry for a month in order for her to secure them both a large inheritance.

Sweet as pie and kinky too, this is a
Lorena
Edit (27/12/2020):
Thinking about my favorite romances of the year and how I can't get over Xeni and Mason... I love them so much <3

Original review (01/07/2020):

"Mason gently picked up the rings and took Xeni's hand. She saw the look in his eyes. She knew he was about to say some sweet as hell shit that would make her knees melt."

(now that quote is a whole mood while reading this book)

In Xeni, you have a romance between a black bisexual woman and a plus-size bisexual man, and I love them so
Play Book Tag: Xeni by Rebekah Weatherspoon, 4 stars 2 12 May 04, 2020 11:10AM

• Office Hours
  • Guarding Temptation
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • 40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers, #1)
  • How to Catch a Queen (Runaway Royals, #1)
  • Wrapped Up in You
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • The Princess Trap
  • The Naughty List
  • Mermaid Inn (Matchmaker Bay #1)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • The Hitman (The Family, #2)
  • Chatting with a Vampire
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the R

Loose Ends (2 books)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)

Articles featuring this book

While books about anti-racism are trending on Goodreads and dominating the bestseller lists right now, some of our favorite Black authors are...