Start by marking “Cold Attraction (Ice Planet Rendu #1)” as Want to Read:
Cold Attraction (Ice Planet Rendu #1)

Cold Attraction

(Ice Planet Rendu #1)

She’s hot for an alien…

Adriana is the first human to walk the icy planet Rendu as part of an exploration mission from Earth. An extraterrestrial anthropologist, she’s charged with observing the alien culture and finding out what makes them tick. One particularly gruff male makes her heart race and sends her professional judgment out the window…

… but he’s cold as ice.

Taron
Published September 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cold Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Attraction

Start your review of Cold Attraction (Ice Planet Rendu #1)
Angie
He'd been gone six months. Six months, and everything on Rendu had gone to shit.

I LOVED THIS BOOK as it is yet another great example of why I have come to love alien romances so much. While the story takes place on a completely fabricated planet, the plot itself seemed plausible and the pacing was perfection, keeping me interested and unable to stop reading the entire way through. However, the characters were what really shined for me and kept me hooked. Adriana was a great heroine--headstro
Jolie Vines
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Taron and Adriana = sizzle! She's a warm-blooded human, he's a cool alien prince. Adriana is part of a crew of scientists that travel to an alien world. She expects to uncover fascinating data, but she ends up with a much more intimate experience.

I've read a lot of science fiction romance and loved Ashwood's smart take. There's a solid plot and high tension, and Adriana is no shrinking violet. She's a professional, there to do a job. Taron is stern and alpha but can't help his feelings for the
Bubbles The Book Pimp
First read by this author.

Really enjoyed the concept and plot of this book. Fast paced with a good plot. I’m not one who shys away from violence in books, but at times Taron’s behaviour towards the earthlings was a bit much... poor Steve...he seemed to face all of Taron’s wrath...and again the humans are the ‘sneaky’ bad guys... ahem doctor Ben... even when dealing with the bad guy aliens.

My only grumble was the mention of a first kiss that we had happened ‘off screen’ and what really felt lik
Angie
DNF a few chapters in. Pretty bland writing but I really couldn't enjoy a young female doctor of anthropology touching their host uninvited and in public. It's rude on Earth and in space.
Amanda
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, alien-smut, poc
3 ½★

Cold Attraction is a cute story that moves at a nice pace and is a pleasant way to spend a few hours. (Especially if you like slightly Dom-y aliens who are otherwise total pushovers.) Not a lot of world building or background on any of the characters, but it works for what it is. It has a bit of a Ruby Dixon feel to me, so maybe that's why I'm OK with it in this case. The Epilogue felt a bit random and out of left field, due to the fact that we learn nothing about Adriana's family during the
Olya Dimitrova
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Start was good, but after that it went downhill

The heroine was behaving and asking questions like 10 years old. The dialogue was very immature for this type of book. Like somebody did the start of the book and after it was different one. Characters need reasoning to do something, but alas here it was chaotic thinking even though the aliens were “ generals”?
Carmen
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So Cool

I wanted to title my review How Chill because this was such a great love story and I loved the play on the title of the book. But I digress because I’m supposed to be reviewing this book. So, I really adored the two main characters as well as the world building and all of the action. I’m horrible with names unless I take notes and I read this one too fast for note taking. There was blood and violence and I loved it. There was a lot of sexy times too but it wasn’t overwhelming. There are s
Allie
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cold Attraction by the standalone novel by Zoe Ashwood. In the past, I read Trust the Wolf by Zoe Ashwood I was excited to read another book by this author. I enjoyed this novel so much. I am hoping that this book is going to be the first in a series. I would personally love to get more stories out of these characters. I usually am not a massive fan of the sci-fi romance genre, but I am happy that I made an exception for this book. In short, I would recommend giving this book a read!

There was a
Rosalie
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cold Attraction

When Adriana first learned there was life and adventure to be found beyond our world, she immediately started to work her way into a position that would allow her to travel among the stars.

All her schooling and decisions were aimed toward that one goal and she knew that with dedication and perseverance she would accomplish her goals. Once she was accepted to go with another team of scientists and doctors to explore the planet Rendu all her dreams were suddenly within reach, if o
Qukatheg
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Dr. Adriana Ribeiro is an extraterrestrial anthropologist, and part of the first group of humans to visit the icy planet Rendu to study the Rendians. The most interesting Rendian being Taron ad Naals, captain of the ship that is taking them to Rendu. She is instantly attracted to him.

When Taron gets back to his home planet it is clear the political situation has changed. The king is dead, and the current queen, Taron's cousin Zeema,
Erin Figueiredo
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible Sci-fi Love Story!

WOW! This is one incredible and very steamy love story between two different species. There is action, suspense, intrigue and a whole lot of very hot and steamy panty melting moments. Right from the beginning this amazing author had me completely and utterly captivated and hooked on this story.

Adriana and Taron are amazing characters. Their intense interactions and their very strong feelings for one another is powerfully written. These two are explosive and their co
Proud Book Reviews
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zoe has written paranormal romance and sweet romance before, and I will admit to preferring the paranormal romance. But I think that has more to do with my ambivalence to sweet romance than anything else. With the new series being an alien romance, I was hoping it’d lean back towards the style I like.

Right from the start it was infused with political intrigue, sexual attraction and verbal sparring. We come in after Adriana and Taron have already had a kiss that was interrupted so there’s already
Sian’s Reading Adventure
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cold Attraction by Zoe Ashwood

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Cold Attraction, and for that I’m very grateful. Release Date is 26/09/19!

“As he steps forward to relieve her of her burden, he knew he wouldn’t be able to let her go. Certainly not now, maybe not ever.”

I haven’t read a lot of sci-fi type books before but after reading this one by Zoe, I Definitely going to start reading more if they are as good as this one.

This book follow a human women named Adriana who is traveling to the
Erin Knuth
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I snatched up this sci-fi romance by the author of my favorite shifter series.
Like with her shifter world, the author spins a narrative that encompasses the politics (intrigue and in-fighting!), physical environment (gorgeous ice world!), and fascinating individuals (in this case, alpha aliens.)

I was sucked into the fast pace and sexual tension immediately. I was fascinated by the mechanics of human space travel and survival on the alien planet. The dynamics of the side characters, like the brot
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love sci-fi and when this author said she was going to write a sci-fi novel I jumped on the chance to read it and this book so didn’t disappoint!! Adriana falls for the captain of the ship taking them to Rendu, a frozen alien world. It is the first time her and the group of scientists have been off world. Captain Taron feels a pull towards Adriana but dismisses it as a novelty. As the story progresses the chemistry between Adriana and Taron is off the charts. When there is a coupe on Rendu Tar ...more
Ghita Frederiksen
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zoe Ashwood has written a great ice-melting alien romance with lots of political intrigues, hot romance and sweet moments.
Adriana is an anthropologist on her first mission to the newly discovered planet of Rendu. When the story begins, we learn she shared a quick kiss with the captain of the spaceship Taron ad Naals. She wants more but is unsure how he feels.
Adriana and the team of human scientists invited to Rendu, soon learn that things are not as they seem, and someone is plotting on changin
Jennifer Wertz
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is incredible. The book captured my attention right from the beginning. The characters are great. They are interesting, strong and lovable. Adriana and Taron are perfect for each other. Their chemistry and love for each other is so romantic and hot!
Cold Attraction is suspenseful, interesting, romantic and exciting. And steamy hot! This is a great sci fi romance. I don't typically read sci fi alien romance but I really enjoyed this book. The plot outside of their romance is really
Deb O
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading a book by Zoe Ashwood and it was awesome!!! This is a fast paced gripping story that kept my interest form beginning to end. I has a well written story and plot with great characters. I loved Taron and Asrian they are perfect and have a hot and steamy romance. The story is exciting and interesting with suspense, drama, intrigue, twists, turns, action a steamy hot combustible romance you don't want to miss! I will definitely be reading more form this author!!!!

I rec
Raquel
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cold Attraction was a delightful read. Taron and Adriana start off whatever they got going on with a bang. As the story mostly centers around Taron and Adriana's relationship there is the fact that Adriana along with a human group have travelled through space and have come to do research on Taron's ice cold planet. So there is a sub plot of what's going on when they arrive and how Adriana and her group may be able to help. It's a fun and very spicy read. Definitely recommend to those that like s ...more
Pam Graber
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zoe Ashwood has quickly become one of my favorite paranormal authors, so when she wrote an alien romance, I was in! While different from what I usually like, it had enough romance to keep me reading. The world building was amazing, and the characters were well defined. All in all, Cold Attraction left me wondering if there will be another visit or three to Rendu to marry off Adriana's crew!

Lots of tense action to go with the sexy romance, too. I stayed up WAY too late finishing this one!
Mim  Crenshaw
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me engrossed from the first page. Adriana's parents weren't my favorite characters; the author did a great job in making me not like them. But I did like her; she was smart, strong, and didn't back down. She was perfect for Taron, which is the pure definition of Alpha male. This is a pure epitome of scifi romance.

Andrea Berner
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outta this world

If you yearn for a book full of intrigue & romance don't go past this action packed page turner. Great characters, well written and enjoyable.

I loved reading Taron & Adriana's story, how the author Zoe Ashwood, weaves the instant attraction into love and throws in a big dose of intrigue and action to give us this fabulous story. I'm hoping more is to come.
Kimmy Jung
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story!

This was a great story. I really enjoyed Toran and Adriana's love story. I would have loved to see more of the other couples in the book have their own stories. I also would like to see what happens to their new young queen! All-in-all this was a wonderful story and I would read it again.

Anuschka-Marie'
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book, with a well written storyline. It catches your attention and keeps you hooked until the end. My favorite part was where Taron learnt how truly stubborn a human can be! The lime green parka was also quite funny!
I will definitely read more books from this author.

Kimberley Taylor
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really found myself invested in Taron, more so than the lead female. I liked the fast paced storyline that had me gripped from the start and I also loved the side romances sprouting in the peripheral. I read this on one or two sittings and I can't wait for more stories from this universe.

Yvonne
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. Read the whole thing in one sitting. I loved the storyline, the romance, the drama, the characters - everything was described so well that I could see and feel it all. I hope there are others to follow.

Reader03
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adriana and Taron ad Naals were a great couple in this enjoyable with plenty of action, romance amidst political turmoil and protected secrets. I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily
Trisha Turner
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book

I really enjoyed this book, there were some parts that could have been fleshed out a bit more. But overall it was a good book. Waiting to see if there will be a sequel, I would read it.
Nicole
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story! The plot flowed smoothly and the heat between Adriana and Taron was off the charts from the very beginning. Wish I could dive into book 2 but I'll (im)patiently wait for February! Will definitely read more from this author!
Lynn
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot and cold a great combination. New to me author and a great introduction to her abilities. Look forward to more.

• Contagion
  • Xul (Captured by Aliens #1)
  • Jackie and the Giant (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
  • A Son for the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #2)
  • Beast's Beauty
  • Bane (The Ladyships, #2)
  • Randar (Intergalactic Soulmates, #1)
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • Claimed (Fated Mates of the Kalixian Warriors, #1)
  • Daughter of the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #3)
  • Contaminated (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
  • Kiran: An Alien Warrior Romance (Ka'atari Warriors, #1)
  • The Commander's Captive (House Of Kaimar, #1)
  • Our Flower (Ours #2)
  • Vindicator (Braxtharian Warriors #1)
  • Dungari Rise (Alien Alphas of Pilathna #1)
  • Bound by the Ice Dragon (The Alien Masters, #1)
  • Caged with the Alien (Roh'ilian Warrior #1)
Zoe Ashwood is a romance writer with a passion for suspenseful stories with a sexy twist. She's in love with the art of making up stories - and making her characters fall in love.

For news about book releases and exclusive freebies and giveaways, join her newsletter and Facebook group, Zoe's Cabin !

You can also find her on: Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest.

Ice Planet Rendu (3 books)
  • Cold Temptation (Ice Planet Rendu #2)
  • Cold Seduction (Ice Planet Rendu #3)