Start by marking “Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)” as Want to Read:
Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)

Half Truths

(Secret Society #1)

You've heard of these groups - the secretive ones that only the crème de la crème are invited into, the ones outsiders speculate about for centuries - I'm the second in my family invited to attend, but to them, I'm fresh meat. New blood. New money, too.

They think they'll elbow past me, that I'm here for their amusement, for them to walk all over, they'll find out soon enou
Published October 21st 2019 by Claire Contreras (first published October 17th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Half Truths, please sign up.
ClaM85 no cliffhanger but the end was wrapped up very abruptly and with a couple of very unsatisfying fast-forwards. There are a lot of loose ends that are p…moreno cliffhanger but the end was wrapped up very abruptly and with a couple of very unsatisfying fast-forwards. There are a lot of loose ends that are probably addressed in the next book but I won't be reading it. (less)

Start your review of Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quiet great mash up of Scream, Riverdale, Penelope Douglas’ Devil’s Night (but this time there are two secret club members differentiated by their black and red clocks, which one is bad, we don’t know yet!) It’s fast pacing, mysterious, gripping page turner with hot, undeniable chemistry between Mae and Logan Moriarty Fitzgerald (After Andrew Scott, Moriarty name always gives me a wide smile! No offence Sherlock Cumberbatch!)

The plot is intriguing: Mae a.k.a Amelia changes her school to dig m
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 STARS

I adore Claire Contreras books and the second I read the blurb for this book, I was itching to get my grabby little hands on it. Secret society, deadly secrets, and plenty of twists and turns? Sign. Me. Up.

Claire doesn't wait to get the reader immediately drawn in with the jaw dropper of a prologue. I was immediately enraptured in this world and these characters.

Amelia Baston is a young woman that's used to the world of privilege. But even her family's money won't get her the answers she
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 “I Never Want To Let You Go” Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 04F4A945-B750-42D9-8868-97EC987EB7F8_zpspn9hdjnb.jpg

Amelia Baston "Mae" is the daughter of one of the richest moguls in the world. She's lived a privileged life surrounded by wealth, but is very genuine and grounded. She's a newly single college student studying journalism who transfers schools her senior year moving back to her home state of New York. She's the new girl on campus at Ellis University, and is focused on graduating when she becomes intrigued by the university's star h
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
"You are my happy."
description

Half Truths is the first book in the Secret Society Series. Amelia Baston wants a fresh start at a new college. After a tricky break-up, she’s ready to move forward with her life at Ellis University. When Logan Fitzgerald, "the campus hockey star", crosses path with Amelia, all of a sudden her "fresh start" becomes more complicated than she could have ever imagined. With a missing girl, a secret society, a brother in the hospital, and a hot hockey star, it will take a
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
HALF-TRUTHS

I’ve been in such a bookfunk lately, since my last five star read (Author Amo Jones ➤ In Peace Lies Havoc is the culprit) no other book had been able to hold or grab my attention! They all fell short! Until this!

This was one of my most highly anticipated books and I literally couldn't wait to dive into it, I’m so glad that it was this one that pulled me out of my funk!

There wasn't anything I'd change about this book, I loved the suspense that this book was cloaked under, the romance that spr
Jade Violet
Half Truths was a mixed bag of tricks. Some were really promising and others fell short. The story centers around Amelia Baston, daughter of Felipe Bastion, media mogul and one of the richest families in the country. She has just transferred to Ellis University, where her father and all her brothers attended after leaving Duke and her break up with her NCAA boyfriend Travis. But Amelia's main focus in going to Ellis is the disappearance of a girl she went to high school with, Lana Ly and also he ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
LIVE Amazon: https://smarturl.it/HalfTruthsAmazon

4 STARS

Such a brilliant story, I was hooked from the beginning till the end!I was intrigued when I read the synopsis and I just couldn't wait to finally read it!I loved the storyline it was atmospheric and I find it brilliant!

description

The suspense and the mystery was great!The romance interesting with slow burn, do I need to say more?? This is refreshing and I'm sure everyone is going to love it!

Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 CLOAKED CROWNS

Claire Contreras, since the moment I found her as a reader, has been a one-click author for me. Her storylines always vary - sports romance, drama, contemporary romance. But where she has always captivated is with her suspense romance, so to find out she was returning to this trope had my excitement level at an all time high. And let me tell you, she delivered.

Logan is equal parts broody and romantic hero. He has that mysterious and alluring air
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”HALF TRUTHS” is a nail-biting suspenseful mystery surrounding secret elite societies and a missing college coed. The story starts slowly and I wasn’t particularly in love with the Hero and Heroine, but as time went on and the plot started to get interesting, I found this to be a real page-turner. Everyone was a suspect and you can’t help but try to figure out who the real villain in this story. It held my attention to the very end!

Here are
❤️ Nanda ❤️
❤️ Follow me on Instagram 💋

Wow... I'm a little late for this book, since I'm already with the next, but I have to say that I love it!!

This is such an twisted and emotional book... More into the mystery side than the love story, but the slow burn romance is also amazing.

Secret society is always a trope that I love to read but almost never find it, so I was thrilled to start this one.
Amelia is the h and she started the book trying to solve the mystery that evolved around a missing person and her
Jessica | JustReadingJess
I enjoyed Half Truths by Claire Contreras. Half Truths is about rich, secret societies. Half Truths is full of lies and suspense with some romance.

Mae’s brother overdoses and everyone thinks it was on purpose except Mae who doesn’t believe he does drugs. Mae decides to try to figure out what happened herself. Mae ends up getting invited to a secret society and has to go through initiation. Logan is in the secret society. Was Mae’s brother involved?

There are also girls going missing every year. A
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Well, that was ... good. I really enjoyed reading it.

But I also have a few BUTs.

First the blurb. Or the cover and a bit of the blurb at least ... once I saw/read that, I thought I was going to get a mature NYC business people erotica suspense thingy with some kind of dangerous and secret sex club and whatnot. I did not get that at all. Which I loved! What I got was a fun & mysterious & sexy & exciting college sports suspense romance. But what I didn't love about that was, that it was also a Pene
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡

Half Truths is this perfect narrative constructed by some of my favourite tropes—secret societies, enemies to lovers and college sports—beautifully weaved together and set within an eerie, sinister environment that clutched every fibre of my being without remorse. Carefully crafted, Claire Contreras delivered a suspense-filled romance that left me on edge, wondering what questions will be answered and secrets unveiled as each page flew by in the most riveting blur ever.

He had a mysterio
Adriana Locke
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What the hell did I just read?
Claire Contreras just blew. my. mind.
Half Truths will be landing on Favorite Reads for 2019—no doubt about it. It has everything a reader wants: fantastic romance, incredible pacing, characters that come alive on the pages that basically flip themselves! It's not just written, it's crafted. Each word feels specifically chosen and every sentence feels beautifully strung together. Reading it is an experience and I'm grateful for the opportunity.
Do yourself a favor
Wil Loves Books!
4.5 Stars!!!!

This was definitely a fantastic read! As far as suspenses go this was incredible and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I was so hooked while reading it. I absolutely needed to know where the story was going and what was really going on. Lots of mystery and intrigue. Secret societies, missing students, lots of secrets, they will keep you interested from beginning to end.

Claire is such a fantastic writer, I love her books and this is no exception. Some of the things, I
Kim
Not the worst but no the best either. I liked the story and the mystery but the relationship building could have been better.

The thing between Mae and Logan felt a bit forced and unnatural at times. He’s the most wanted guy in school who doesn’t do relationships and suddenly he only has eyes for one girl and he even talks about how wants to marry her and everything after only a short period of time.
Carla Bulian
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars ⭐️
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Half Truths was a very intriguing read. The cover, premise, and synopsis truly called to me. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! The idea of secret societies existing and operating in the open as they do in this book is a very enticing thought. The air of mystery has a unique sex appeal.

After diving in, I was immediately drawn to the story. The opening sequence is thrilling and edgy. After meeting the main character, I couldn't help but fall for the male lead, Logan. He was kinda perfect ear
Corinne Michaels
This is Claire Contreras at her best! I've always loved her romantic suspense and this book is every reason why.
It's got it all and I'm in awe.
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
WOW this was such a trip!! Suspenseful and kept me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait for more!! ...more
Chai
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, arcs
Reading the summary sounded so good but this was just not it.

I was expecting a good suspense romance because when you read the summary of the book, you'd think it would be dark. That the main character/heroine is some badass or headstrong girl who's out there to seek justice. That this could also be a thrilling story despite that it's romance. That there would be surprising twists and turns, and even shocking revelations. Well, not really.

These happened:

• I hardly felt the suspense.
• The suspect
Courtney
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
WOAH! I mean seriously - WOAH!! That was an epic experience. Yes, experience.

Claire Contreras, I think you may have just outdone yourself.

Half Truths is an intense, fast-paced and eerily suspenseful story that I could not put down once I started.

And the blurb gives your just the surface of what you experience reading this story.

Mae transfers her senior year to the college her entire family has attended. She has her many reasons but they main one being what happened to her brother. And when she
Bella -

4,30 Stars

“I want you forever, Amelia, ” he said against my hair. “And forevermore after that.”

Tags: Romantic Suspense, College Romance, Cults, Slow Burn, Enemies to Lovers (Immediate Attraction, Flirty from the Start)

CHARACTERS

Amelia Baston; Mae - Dark eyes, dark hair; rich confident gorgeous, she is not a typical popular queen bee she doesn’t like standing out she is friendly but a loner. She is writing for the School's newspaper.

Logan Moriarty Fitzgerald; Fitz - Green eyes, dark hair
Antonella
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Somewhere between three and four stars...
3,5

pro

- writing
- the pace of the story
- kept my interest
- fast read
- want to read next book

con

- at times dialogue between hero & heroine felt weird mainly bc heroine..in her inner monologue she was one person and then when talking to hero this other person, who uses besides way too many times
- predictability
- ending; the book was solid read until the end when everything just kind of fell flat

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

"Forever. And forevermore after that."

This book is very much a romantic suspense and it pulls you in deep. There are different secret societies, girls that have gone missing and all kinds of theories. You never know what to believe.

Amelia has transferred to her brother's college to get more answers regarding his accident and a missing girl. As she digs deeper and deeper, she only gets more questions until she becomes closer to Logan.

Logan's not exactly sweet to Amelia and she kind of like
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
PHENOMENAL STORY!

Do you know when you're 100% sure you have just read one of the best books in the world? When after finishing said story you are completely speechless, and you only have one word in your head: WOW. That's what Claire Contreras did to me. Half-Truths made me so impressed that I can't use the right words to express my admiration. No matter how you describe your fascination and total enchantment, it won’t express the magic of what the author has given us.

This amazing story makes yo
Betül
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

The second I started this book I was completely hooked to the story. It had a very secretive, eerie, mysterious, and dark atmosphere. I was kind of hypnotized and I fully immersed myself into the story. I was intrigued and super curious about these secret societies and the black cloaked people walking around campus. The main character Amelia “Mae” Bastón has transferred to this new university, in her senior year, in search for answers about what h
Jewel Ann
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant romantic-suspense and my new favorite from this phenomenal author!
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
LOVED THIS STORY! I can NEVER get enough of Claire's words. I couldn't stop once I started!

This has to be one of my new fave romantic suspenses! LOGAN is such a broody, sexy, alpha prick, but let me tell you, I LOVED HIM. HARD. He stole my heart, my body, my everyfuckingthing! And Ameliaaaaa! I want to hang with her, she's totally my kind of heroine!

There were so many moments I wanted to throw my kindle and a moment in the book, I thought my heart was going to beat out of my freaking chest! I w
Unapologetic Roma...: Contreras, Claire // Half Truths 1 11 Nov 15, 2020 03:31AM

• Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • The Golden Hour
  • I'm Not Your Paper Princess
  • The Wallace Girl (The Feud Series Book 1)
  • By Any Other Name
  • Light My Fire (Mafia Kingdom, #1)
  • Wait for Me
  • Bully Me This (Bully Me #1)
  • Break the Faith (The Breaking Trilogy, #3)
  • Infinite (Salvation, #7; The Indefinite Duet, #2)
  • Counting Backwards From Gone
  • Entice
  • Discretion (The Dumonts, #1)
  • Shadows (Bayou Magic, #1)
  • Fix (Brewed #1)
  • Finding Storm (The Storm, #4)
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
Claire Contreras is a New York Times Best Selling Author who traded her psychology degree to write fiction. Don’t worry, she still uses her knowledge on every single one of her characters.

She’s a breast cancer survivor (x2), who was born in the Dominican Republic, raised in Florida, and currently resides in Charlotte, NC with her husband, two adorable boys, and French bulldog.

Her books range fro

Secret Society (2 books)
  • Twisted Circles (Secret Society, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Want to dip your toes into the romance genre but don't know where to start? We've got you covered! And who better to match you with the perfect...