Start by marking “Tangle of Time - Book One” as Want to Read:
Tangle of Time - Book One

Tangle of Time - Book One

When four college kids are buried alive and there’s only one way out, don't ask questions. Just survive.

After barely escaping a torturous series of undiscovered tunnels far beneath the Sierra foothills, Mae and her friends emerge, dehydrated and nearly dead from starvation.
But everything Mae knows and loves is now gone.

Through some bizarre tangle in time, they’ve been re
Published April 11th 2020 by Biscuit Tuesday Press

To ask other readers questions about Tangle of Time - Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangle of Time - Book One

Start your review of Tangle of Time - Book One
Terry Sue Harms
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young adults and older
Recommended to Terry Sue by: a friend
The opening scene in "Tangle of Time" is of a female drowning. Distressing and disorienting as that is, it prepares the reader for the thrash and thrust of this fast-paced, time-bender of an adventure story that collides four young friends from the 21st century into the era of California’s mid-nineteenth-century past. As is true in all time-travel stories, there’s a requisite suspension of disbelief, but once the reader lets go of logic, they’re in for a compelling, social-theme packed ride. As ...more
Sol Tyty
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Sci-fi, history, mystery, fantasy and a concoction of different cultural backgrounds are the main ingredients here.
When I first started reading, I did not know where the actions that started to unfold in the first chapter would take my mind and imagination to since I could not tell so much just from the book’s title. As soon as I started flickering through the following chapters, each of them became more interesting than the last one.
The plot is fast-paced and easy to follow t
Shaniece DeGazon
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A tangle of time is an exciting historical romantic adventure tale about 4 college kids who are buried alive with only one escape route. The teens find a series of underground tunnels beneath the Sierra foothills which are like an unending maze. Finally they escape in the nick of time nearly dead from starvation and dehydration. But it seems like they have escaped in some sort of time warped situation where they are now back in time where gender inequality was highly prevalent. Now that they are ...more
Peachykeen
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and Riveting

This book kept me on the edge of my seat for its entirety. Constant action and sequencing kept me guessing at the struggles the characters would face next.

Spoiler Alert: One of my favorite parts was when Greg had to work through his pain and set his leg after breaking it. Then he dragged himself back up the side of Sailor Rock because he knew if he stayed there, he’d probably die. This was just one of the many exciting parts of the book and I thoroughly enjoyed the read.

I
Jade Haug
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Compelling story and a fun fast read! I really enjoyed the historical details. She creates interesting characters that develop with the story. The mix of history, fantasy, and romance come together as Mae struggles with both her inner turmoil of feelings and the impossible situation she and her friends find themselves in. Can’t wait for the sequel!
Scott Callow
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creative Historical Fantasy

Tangle in Time is best described as a historical fantasy. I was pulled into the creative way the author devised how the time travel occurred (which is a big thing for me since I’m impaired by logic and science) and I was entertained by the humor as the modern characters struggled with being transported to an earlier time that they didn’t understand or accept. I actually made noise a few times giggling and I let out a “wow! heh-heh” when the twist hit me.

It’s an advent
Scott Callow
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing

It’s an adventure story that entertains a
Carolina Solano
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
As I began reading this book, Tangle of Time by author Gin Westcott, I thought it was just another teen novel until the story of had an unexpected turn. The story centers on 4 university students who are spending the summer in their city and get jobs in the same place. The unheard of happens on your their first day at work when they are get trapped in a tunnel where they were digging rocks. Once they manage to escape, in an inexplicable way they find themselves in the Sacramento mountains in the ...more
CarlitasFox
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure! A fascinating novel to read at the edge of a comfortable sofa.
This is a breath-taking story with adventure, romance and historical events that keeps your eyes open all the time. “Tangle of Time” was written by Gin Westcott. From the very beginning I was captivated by the reading.
The plot revolves around 4 friends who end up buried alive and they must strive to survive. When they are together in that horrible place, they decide to escape and take underground tunnels situated be
Qpith
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I never knew the history of California like this. The writing is high quality and the story is very engaging. I can't wait to read the next book to find out what happens. This is real history that wasn't taught in school and the author has characters that evolve and are hard to let go of on the last page. ...more
Terry
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Loved this book! Brilliant storytelling...

This story held my attention and took my imagination on a thrilling ride of time travel, whimsical twists and turns and enlightening historical drama. I felt deeply fond of the main characters and were cheering for them along the way. Every chapter brought a new adventure for these time travelers. I read a lot of books and I would definitely rank this as one of the TOP 5 I have ever read. This is a book NOT to be missed on your reading list. I can not
Ivana S.
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a suspenful novel! “Tangle of Time” is an amazing book written by Gin Westcott. It is her debut novel and I am sure that I will read all of the books she would write in the future. Part thriller, part drama and part love story, this novel will leave you breathless.

The best thing about this book is that the plot is amazing. It has interesting characters that make you feel identified and the dialogues are very realistic and all this makes it easy to be inside the story. It has ninety-one chap
Denial
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Terrible, weird, and terribly weird...parents.

When a book starts off with what sounds like someone happily drowning then goes on to tell of a mother enlisting her daughter who “needs a father” while also “but I want your input because you're like my girlfriend” THEN the next chapter talks about nude models that could “be a science course studying deformity in geriatrics” you start to wonder if you read the blurb to the wrong book. Or you're just reading the wrong book.
Add to that that the cover
Steve Alink
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Simple read. Unclear what target group/age this book is intended for. Only when it does get interesting, the tension fades away (at about 80%). I liked the note towards possible Covid in chapter 87 (don’t come near people, they may make you ill). It was just how I read it.

I sure hope that Gin will get the second book at a better level. I think she can. Hope to get a chance to get time to read that next book and see how she intensified the story.
Hayden (Following Good Books Blog)
Note: I received an ebook copy from LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review.

I have mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, Tangle of Time was really cute. There was a lot of humor, and the characters and their interactions were really charming. I think I’ll read the sequel, if only to see what happens to the characters. I got kind of attached to them.

However, for a book that is supposed to be a time travel adventure, it didn’t get really exciting until near the end. The description
Dorissa
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
Elizabeth
Jan 22, 2021 rated it liked it
This review is an unbiased review of a book I received free of charge from LibraryThing Early Reviewers
Tangle of Time is an interesting book and I have been struggling with how to categorize it. To me it felt like a YA book but there is a lot of profanity which some parents would not appreciate. I'm quite sure most YA readers hear as much at school, however. The profanity was not gratuitous and seemed to fit the characters. Now, the story: it kept my interest and I was entertained but not greatl
Rebecca Mello
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from LibraryThing in return for an honest review.

While working digging for rocks four college students are buried in a series of tunnels. Mae, her boyfriend Greg, and his two friends, Toke and Dexter, are forced to find their way through these tunnels before they die from dehydration and starvation. But somehow they find them selves transported back in time to the 1840s. Can they find their way back to their time or are they stuck in the past forever...
Liz
Dec 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: early-reviewers
As many other reviewers I was not sure if this was a YA book or not. Some of the actions described were very much aimed at a YA audience.
The first few chapters were very slow. But then got interesting once they were out of the cave.
In some places it felt like an American History lesson, which was interesting but did occasionally get a bit frustrating and I just wanted to get on with the story.
I think for me the second half of the book was when it got really interesting, then all too suddenly it
Maegan
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a good book with great historical accuracy (as far as I can tell but I am uneducated in this area), but it just wasn't for me.
Honestly time travel isn't really in my interest range and I should have thought of that before picking up this book. I didn't really care about the characters, and their personalities turned me off. I liked Dexter the most but he didn't seem to take part as much as he could, or should, have throughout the entire story.

I did receive a free ARC, but all thoughts
Shell Moss
Apr 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'd Love To Go Back-Hurry up Book 2! I want to congratulate this talented author on her creative spirit. She brought to fruition and complicated plot with characters who grow and change into their circumstances. Wow. She created such memorable characters that they stayed with me throughout the day. Every evening I found myself going to bed early so I could jump back into the story and spend time within their world. ...more
Anthoney
Oct 31, 2020
Mouse Reading
Oct 10, 2020
Gin Westcott
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sean Callow
May 02, 2020
Dylan
Mar 18, 2021
Marilee
Jul 16, 2020

• The Past (VanWest, #1)
  • The ADHD Sibling Challenge: How to Thrive When Your Brother or Sister Has ADHD. An Interactive Family Guide
  • Captain Quark and the Time Cheaters: Donald Trump's Favorite Sci-Fi Novel — NOT!!
  • Die for Her (Steele Raiders MC)
  • After Olympus
  • The Mortal God: The Infinity Chronicles: Volume 1
  • Forever: A Medical Thriller
  • Ergonia, Land of the Giant Ants (The Extraordinary Adventures of Peter, Vashkin, and Masha Book 1)
  • Arrested Mind
  • MA'SITTER: A Gritty New Psychological Thriller Novel of Deception and Murder
  • Work-Passion-Life Balance: Finding Fulfillment Through Zones Of Efficiency
  • Her Eyes Underwater: A True-Crime Inspired Romantic Thriller
  • Knighthood's End (Forging of a Knight #5)
  • Penance: A Novel
  • Stranded Coil
  • Marca personal: cuando el producto eres tú
  • Gavin (I See Things In Blue #2)
  • El último invierno
GIN WESTCOTT is the author of the Historical Adventure/Time-Travel fiction TANGLE OF TIME and is currently writing book two of the series. She comes from a creative world and spent years working in big Los Angeles advertising agencies as an award-winning art director and currently is a designer. Gin has an unlimited imagination bursting with ideas and found writing novels the perfect outlet. She i ...more