Start by marking “Fill Your Mind Before You Fill Your Plate: How to get in shape, be fitter and live a longer, happier, healthier lifestyle by using mindfulness to change your mindset.” as Want to Read:

This is a guide to achieving a longer, happier, healthier lifestyle by using mindfulness techniques to create a health mindset. Fill Your Mind Before You Fill Your Plate will show you how to make achievable changes in the key areas of your life so you can create and maintain good health and live a healthier lifestyle. Faisal Alshawa is a qualified nutritionist and sports s ...more
Published September 30th 2019 by Writing Matters

To ask other readers questions about Fill Your Mind Before You Fill Your Plate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fill Your Mind Before You Fill Your Plate

Start your review of Fill Your Mind Before You Fill Your Plate: How to get in shape, be fitter and live a longer, happier, healthier lifestyle by using mindfulness to change your mindset.
Ell
Jul 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I have to start out this review by mentioning that I quickly realized a few pages in that I am NOT the right demographic for this book. I believe this book is geared toward young adults, likely in their 20s. A lot of it simply wasn’t meant for me. Having said that, there’s a lot of useful conversation in this book to guide a young adult on journey toward better wellness. It’s written in an engaging conversational style. There are a lot of reference to celebrity athletes, media personalities, act ...more
Pelusa Rivera
I have been on a health journey so when I saw the book i was encouraged. However I felt that this book is geared to a different demographic and to me, that should have been mentioned before you request it. And maybe they can make a change. I did get some things I could pick out but all in all, not for me.
Angie
Mar 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an easy and relatively quick read, and advocates getting your mindset right before trying to get fit and lose weight. Why? Because if you approach weight loss from the wrong angle, if you expect too much too soon, then you often fail, and the more you fail, the more your mind sets you up to fail again ("you tried this last time and it didn't work, remember?"). The voice inside your head will encourage you to fail because you failed before. It doesn't believe in you - so first you ne ...more
Dora Okeyo
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was taken in by the title of this book and wondered just how the author came to advocate for filling the mind before filling the plate. So, as I started reading, I immediately connected with the author's journey of fitness, healthy eating, living and more so how he constantly challenged himself to be better.
The tone is friendly.
The insights are drawn from life experiences and other experts as well, so if you've read a couple of self help books then you'd definitely come across some insights he
Aziz Alfozan
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
Book Takeaways

I honestly found this book very helpful in framing my mindset. Faisal's insights presented in this book showed me the guidelines on how to effectively lead a healthy and mindful way of life. To me, his philosophy on "The Healthy Life" starts and ends with the mind.

This book will help you figure out the following:
- Ways to increase healthspan.
- Finding your goal.
- Finding your role models.
- How to breakdown your goal into smaller milestones.
- How to bring calmness into your life.
Abeer Alomar
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Easy to read and remember the five pillars
Faisal elegantly described his strategy of wellness
Louise
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In FILL YOUR MIND BEFORE YOU FILL YOUR PLATE, Faisal Alshawa shares his story, the journey he took and the discoveries he made in finding a robust life filled with energy, positivity, and joy. His contagious enthusiasm and stalwart encouragement are singular--I imagine he would be an incredible coach for a person to work with in finding their own path to wellness. Unfortunately -- and this is a book killer for me -- the insights and gems are overwhelmed by trite, simplistic, and common knowledge ...more
Kimberly Barnes
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fill your Mind before you fill your plate is a guide to sustaining a healthy lifestyle. Faisal Alshawa completed his own personal transformation using the Five Pillars for a Healthier Lifestyle documented in this book. He encourages the reader to establish SMART goals for behavior change in order to achieve the goals that you've set forth. He clearly explains each of the Five Pillars throughout the book and provides vignettes from his own life/journey to a healthy lifestyle. This book was easy t ...more
Riley
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
If you can get past the arrogance, all the trust-me's and believe-me's, the ramblings, etc, there are a few useful tid-bits of information, strategies, and interesting quotes, but they hardly seem worth the effort to wade through the pages upon pages of self-aggrandizing fluff. A few examples of how the author applied a strategy to his own situation would be helpful and worthwhile, but this book is an exercise in the author patting his own back and employing cheap sales gimmicks along the way.

An
Rachel
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is excellent for anyone needing ideas about how to focus their minds and achieve results. The short chapters, targeted at specific steps, are easy to read. The wording allows beginners to understand meanings without needing a dictionary.

I did find the book useful but found myself focusing a lot of the time on the references to how young the author appeared to be. Many university-time changes are mentioned, which being almost 50 made me feel like I was too old to make many of the chang
Vivienne
I really like the tome of this little book. It is practical and helpful without being judgemental or patronising. Helpful hints and a useful guide to mindfulness and a healthier way of looking at food.
Truly Trendy PR
Fill Your Mind Before You Fill Your Plate is a book you will read again and again. An informative and insightful read that is full of useful information, tips, and tricks. *I received a complimentary copy from RABT Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.*
Maggie Mae
Fill Your Mind Before You Fill Your Plate is an informative read that is full of useful tips and tricks.  An insightful read that is sure to  help you benefit your health and well being. *I received a complimentary copy from RABT Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest review.*
Gemma
Jul 21, 2020
lewis kinsella
Dec 06, 2019
Lynda Dickson
Jan 06, 2020
Faisal Alshawa
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ali Shehabi

• Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
  • Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Asylum
  • Millicent Glenn's Last Wish
  • Jump-Start Your Confidence & Boost Your Self-Esteem: A Guide for Teen Girls Unleash Your Inner Superpowers to Conquer Fear and Self-Doubt and Build Unshakable Confidence
  • Anti-Social: The Secret Diary of an Anti-Social Behaviour Officer
  • The House of Rani Kapur
  • Eat Better Forever
  • I Love Me
  • Boundary Boss: The Essential Guide to Talk True, Be Seen, and (Finally) Live Free
  • The Silk House
  • The How Not to Diet Cookbook: 100+ Recipes for Healthy, Permanent Weight Loss
  • The Psychology of Stupidity
  • Britain Alone: The Path from Suez to Brexit
  • Careless
  • Mindfulness for Unravelling Anxiety

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...