Start by marking “Travelers' Tales Prague and the Czech Republic: True Stories” as Want to Read:
Travelers' Tales Prague and the Czech Republic: True Stories

Travelers' Tales Prague and the Czech Republic: True Stories

Featuring essays by Paulina Poriskova, Myla Goldberg, Helen Epstein, Jan Morris, and Francine Prose, Travelers' Tales Prague and the Czech Republic collects over 30 stories from the country that inspired compositions from Mozart and novels from Kafka. With a sizable expat population, remarkable architecture unspoiled by war or natural disaster, and a lively night life, the ...more
Published March 1st 2006 by Travelers' Tales

To ask other readers questions about Travelers' Tales Prague and the Czech Republic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Travelers' Tales Prague and the Czech Republic

Michaela
Mar 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Unfortunately these stories have me rethinking traveling to a place with a tourist "rip-off" culture. But many of the stories were enlightening and several entertaining.
Larry
Aug 09, 2009 rated it liked it
A delightful collection of essays that brought me, albeit all too briefly, to my visit to Prague last summer. Recommended to anyone traveling to Prague.
Rachael Samberg
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed these essays, especially after I had already visited and had even more context.
Mary Germain
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: purchased-book
Read this as I planned a trip to the Czech Republic to sightsee, hike, and research my genealogy.
Heidi
Sep 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
I read this while traveling in Prague. Although I did not get to explore the countryside while there, this book will help guide me when I return.
Liz
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Well, this book actually made me not want to go to Prague! I guess I have to take into consideration that most of these essays were written in the 1990's and maybe things have changed since then.
Nicole Moreau
Jan 11, 2016
Jessie Sholl
Jan 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Annie
Susan
Mar 18, 2014
Max
Oct 15, 2018
David Farley is the author of "An Irreverent Curiosity: In Search of the Church's Strangest Relic in Italy's Oddest Town" and the co-editor of the essay collection "Travelers' Tales Prague and the Czech Republic: True Stories." He's a Contributing Writer at AFAR magazine and his writing appears in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Conde Nast Traveler, New York, and Slate.com, among other pu ...more