Start by marking “Tarnished Empire” as Want to Read:
Tarnished Empire

Tarnished Empire

My plan was simple.
Get invited onto his yacht.
Find information to destroy him.

But I wasn't prepared for Alaric Prince.
Dangerous and seductive, he trapped me in his gilded cage.

He calls me Dove.
Easily preyed on.
Easily broken.

A man that ruthless only wants to crush me.
I must resist the temptation to let him.

He's my father's enemy.
At war with my family.
A danger to me.

Falling
Published October 13th 2020 by AH Publishing (first published October 8th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Tarnished Empire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tarnished Empire

Start your review of Tarnished Empire
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Oct 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

Tarnished Empire was my first experience with this author.

This book tells the forbidden love story of a girl and her father's worst enemy.
The blurb didn't say much, but I was hooked by it and this gorgeous cover.

Unfortunately this one wasn't what I was expecting.

I really liked how she ended the story, a little bit tragic and predictable, but although I was expecting that plot twist, it was what saved my reading time and this 3 stars rating.

Until more than 60% of the book, I was bored t
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20201017_204606.png

Tarnished Empire gave you the forbidden aspects, the mystery, and it kept you guessing in certain situations. This story was filled with an underlying desire that you wanted to come to the surface immediately but you also felt the consequences that were creeping up in slow whispers if they were to ever cross that line.

Alaric has been on a mission for the past four years and that is to avenge the death of his brother. His number one enemy is out of sight but for a man like Alaric, he won’t be for
Mickeysreads
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020-read, two-star, arc
I lost all hope for this book when right at the start the h was acting like a hormonal teen

I shake my head. “I can’t.” I really freaking can’t because the way I’m all jumbled up, I’d forget why I’m here and end up kissing this man. My gaze dips on instinct, and I look at his full and majorly kissable lips.

HUNNY! You just met two seconds ago! Calm your vagina down!

So the start was a complete bust for me, we had Phoenix (h) here trying to play the “hero card” to help get back her fathers guns th
Keri Loves Books
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The ultimate enemies to lovers romance that will keep you riveted until the very end! This book was not what I expected. Hang on tight because it’s a heck of a ride.

Alaric wanted vengeance. Phoenix just wanted to save her father. Together they would have to find common ground to survive and maybe just get more than they could have imagined.

A story of love and vengeance. Alaric will have to choose between exacting justice to avenge his brother or to let it go so that he can build a life with Phoe
CourtRocks'
Sep 21, 2020 marked it as to-read
Holy shit. I haven't read this author yet, but I already know I'm buying for the cover alone🔥
Komal
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full review: https://www.inabookshell.com/2020/10/...

description

“Words are just words without action.”

Although Alaric and Phoenix's love story is the highlight, they have their story arcs. Alaric’s dysfunctional relationship with his family and Phoenix could never be with her loved ones due to other external circumstances. They both find love and grow. It is beautifully developed. I liked Alaric more than Phoenix. He was more sensible and consistent throughout the book. I did enjoy her sass, I’ll give he
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
****AVAILABLE NOW****

4 Unexpected Crowns

Tarnished Empire was completely unexpected. To be honest, I don’t read Ava’s blurbs. I just read the book, and with a cover like that I wasn’t even I tempted to read the blurb. I knew the world from Corrupt Kingdom (both TE and CK are standalones), the cover was gorgeous, and I enjoy her stories so I didn’t care to read the blurb.

I think this had an influence on my perception of the story. I expected more enemies to lovers, more violence and angst, more o
Yours Truly, Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
goodreads-pic

Vendetta
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

I'm familiar with Ava Harrison but not THAT familiar with her. What I do know is that she comes up with interesting concepts for her books, and here that's once again true. It's not the same 24/7 in every book, and I truly appreciate that as a reader. Also, Ava writes great characters. Her heroines are always above-average in my liking. Strong ladies that kick ass and that don't let anybody uproot t
ABookLover73
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, arc
Review coming soon
Breathless books
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy stories about people falling in love in situations like this.
4+⭐️

Alaric Prince is not a nice man. He is dangerous and her father’s enemy. Not a good combination.
Alaric is the anti hero that you hate or love. He’s a villain through and through but once he meets Phoenix she sees becomes the light to his darkness.🖤🖤🖤

I love the fact that even though she was afraid of him, it never showed and that drove him crazy.
If you are in the mood for something darker, this is the right choice fo
Suzi Vanderham
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ava-harrison
Instant Top 10 & Book Hangover Guaranteed

Just when I think that Ava Harrison has given me all the twists and turns possible, she comes back with an amazing plot and character arc leaving me in a book hangover. Alaric is the book boyfriend your parents do not want you to have and you will not be able to resist by the end. Phoenix is the stubborn, intelligent, heroine that can go toe-to-toe with the hero even in the most jaw-dropping scenarios. The suspense, romance, and action sequences in this b
Abstract  ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

'Tarnished Empire' is a standalone by the best-selling author Ava Harrison. Told in dual Perspectives , this book was one wild ride!

I have always been a die hard fan of this author , especially because of those twists and turns her books have. You anticipate one thing and this author throws you off by giving you the best punch in the face twist of all times! And she doesn't stop there… nah , she goes on giving those twists until you are a c
Snow
Oct 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ah...
Just like with the Corrupt Kingdom, I just DO NOT feel the actual connection between the characters, I don't feel the lust, I don't feel the chemistry at all...

The animosity, oh yeah, it's in full force and it works on that level BUT I'm missing that pent up chemistry needed for the "enemies to lovers" to work for me...

And the fact that (view spoiler)
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This was my first read by this author and she has a new fan in me! I loved Alaric and Phoenix. Alaric was the perfect bad boy antihero but Phoenix is no pushover. I enjoyed their banter and chemistry. The writing and storyline was engaging. If you're looking for a story with twists and turns and the right amount of heat this one is for you!
Daniela T
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You don't have idea what this book is. It goes to my 2020 favorites list.
When I thought there wasn't man that I going to love more than Cyrus Reed, I met Alaric Prince. And don't judge me, I love Cyrus, but Alaric just has my heart.
⠀⠀⠀⠀
The story is incredibly fascinating, when you start you can't stop reading.
First of all this is an enemies to lovers, and who doesn't love that?
With this book I laughed, I cried, I suffered. You go through so many emotions and the book has so many unexpected plot
Dayang
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5⭐️

Wow.

This book was emotional than I've anticipated. It was truly unexpected. I started thinking that this is going to be some kind of a mafia-ish romance, but I was wrong. It's more than that. Sure there was shooting, siege, kidnapping, torture and etc but it was also an emotional read.

I cried, on more than one occasion. I don't know if I'm just being hormonal and sentimental but there are more parts of the book that would surely pull on your heartstrings.

And that plot twist, man. I wasn't a
Ros 🌼
Oct 12, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars

Let me just start by saying…

This cover.

Nice.

Anyway, back to business…

This is a low 3 stars for me. It took me a while to warm up to this plot. At the start of the book we’re introduced to the main characters and everything happens rather quickly. I didn’t like the pace of the writing and didn’t really care for the characters at this point. I pushed on regardless.

Then a plot twist happens midway through and our protagonists end up stranded alone for weeks. Here we get a lot of character
Harloe Rae
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the blurb to the cover to the thrilling plot, Tarnished Empire has it all. What begins as a battle of wills slowly warps into so much more. This is an enemies to lovers romance executed flawlessly!
Alaric and Phoenix are pure chemistry heightened further with each passing scene. The angst and drama unfolding left me hovering to each page. I couldn’t read fast enough, couldn’t devour this author’s graceful prose quick enough to sate my need to know. Another Top 2020 read for me and highly rec
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
This book was such an emotional ride!
I love this author and with this book she had me at the edge of my seat. This was one of the best Mafia romance books I have ever read.
Alaric and Phoenix are two difficult characters but I slowly warned up to them.
The book is full of twists and turns and our heroes have to make difficult decisions. Their feelings for one another were new to both of them, especially Alaric, but their connection was so strong and as the story progressed it went on another level
Readers Together
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for your next love to hate book boyfriend? Look no further with this addictive and rarely seen concept that will have you on the edge of your seat and swooning by the end. It's filled with fantastic banter and just enough suspense to keep you turning the pages long into the night. A definite must read.

More to follow.
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Lies, deception, mayhem, murder and control. All things that Alaric Prince thrives off of but it is revenge that keeps him going. That is until Phoenix has her own plans that revolve around getting information from Alaric in order to save her father. But when the two end up trying to survive on a deserted island will the mistrust and sense of hatred be overcome with feelings of love and lust? What happens when the two are rescued? With each and every turn of the page, the reader is taken on a jo ...more
Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
Ava has once taken us on a ride with her vivid imagination. Alaric and Phoenix will take a hold of you and pull you into their world. This couple has such pull toward one another. They are smart, sexy, unpredictable and so unexpected. I loved it.
Alaric is my father's enemy and he has been taking from us. He is under the assumption that my father killed his brother. I am Phoenix and I thought that I was strong enough to help take back what is ours and resist him. I don't think that I am . I made
ren
Wow. I went into this book completely blind, having no idea what I was getting myself into...

RTC
PP's Bookshelf
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tarnished Empire by Ava Harrison was a heartaching , swoonworthy, sexy as sin and exciting adventure! This story sent me through a sweet dreamy haze, an adrenaline rush and a storm of all kinds of intense feels. It was unique, breathtaking and utterly captivating.

Phoenix Michaels is determined to help her adoptive father in the war against the most formidable, fearsome and vengeful enemy, Alaric Prince. He is not a good man by any means. He deals in everything illegal and on a mission to destroy
Closet Romance Reader
Holy Moly!!! What an amazing and wild ride! I am not sure what I was expecting but it completely blew me away! I had a huge book hangover because I could not put it down, but I don’t regret it one bit! Tarnished Empire was a stand-alone but we have met Alaric before. It was a fast paced, edge of your seat, and oh so sexy read!

Phoenix was on a mission bring Alaric down. She wasn’t going to let him get away with stealing from her father. But she wasn’t as stealthy as she thought.

Alaric did his res
Siobhan
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tarnished Empire is a story that gripped me from the start, one that had me devouring the story in a single sitting. There were some characters that I think were in other books by the authors – and if they’re not, I hope they get their stories – but you can read this without any knowledge about these characters.

Tarnished Empire was a story with a lot packed into it, one that had me gripped in many ways. There were a few details that I easily predicted, but it was not enough to lessen my enjoymen
SimplyƝì₭
Wow, I love Ava's ability to draw you into a story. It's her use of logic and character development that hooks you. The setup of this book, seemed simple. But how it plays how was riveting. My new obsession is Alaric. He is a cold blooded killer that deals in dangerous and illegal business. It seems odd a man like this would be attractive, but if you read this story, you'll be dreaming of this strong commanding Alpha. Alaric has a enemy, he's put a hit out on his life and he's been stealing his ...more
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
5 Flying Dove Stars⭐
A Dark+Dramatic but Plenty of Sweet+Swoon Story With A War, Enemies, A Bait, Dangers from all sides, Hilarious Banters and Finding Love while Surviving❤.
I Soo Loved Alaric & Phoenix!
I liked the writing style, was sucked in the story, DEVOURED this in 8hrs.

#My 1st by Ava, I'm totally going for more!

Alaric is Ruthless but Hot+Charming AF: An Anti Hero with a Sarcastic Sense of humor. He's got morals, Doesn't kill those who don't deserve it..Also He never harms Phoenix, so point
The Romantic Rush Blog
With a cover like that, how could I not want to pick this one up! Tarnished Empire ended up being total unexpected. I expected this to be mafia captive, hostile enemies to lovers - but this story took me totally off guard. Instead this is more like Romeo and Juliet meets the Blue Lagoon.

The plot starts out like a familiar mafia treat- Alaric, head of his family’s mafia/arms dealing is out for revenge against the man he believes killed his father. But from there, Ava totally delivers a fresh and
Chloe reads
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 tarnished stars

“Can you survive loving the villain?”

Oh how I liked this book.

This review will be vague as I can’t say too much about the story itself, but what I can say is that the plot was very enticing. Alaric is a brilliant anti-hero and you will definitely love to hate him. I also loved his relationship with Phoenix. These two have scorching hot chemistry and their banter was wonderful to read. Their connection and attraction was palpable, and I literally couldn’t get enough.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • Ruthless Prince (Dark Syndicate, #1)
  • Bloody Heart (Brutal Birthright #4)
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Happily Letter After
  • Santiago's Conquest
  • PP (GOGP, #1)
  • Savage Lover  (Brutal Birthright #3)
  • Shaken (Twisted Fox, #2)
  • Out of Love
  • Charmer
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Warlord (Power #3)
  • I Promise You
  • Wild for You (Hot Jocks #6)
  • Fraud (Antihero Inferno, #2)
Ava Harrison is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author.
When she’s not journaling her life, you can find her window shopping, cooking dinner for her family, or curled up on her couch reading a book.

News & Interviews

“Did what?” she asks, her expression confused.  “You brought down the beast. Made me care.” “About?” she whispers, her voice low and unsure.  “You.” 0 likes
“That’s why she’s dangerous. She’s the female version of me.” 0 likes