Start by marking “Flame (Dark Kings #17)” as Want to Read:
Flame (Dark Kings #17)

Flame

(Dark Kings #17)

Flame is the next Dark Kings book in New York Times bestselling author Donna Grant's series.

If she believed in destiny, she would believe they were meant for each other.
But that fire was put out long ago. . .

Published June 30th 2020 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flame

Start your review of Flame (Dark Kings #17)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I swear, with each book justice is just within our grasp when the author yanks it just out of reach again. It’s frustrating and addictive and I feel like when this series finally ends I be able to breathe again.

I’ve enjoyed each pairing in the series. I like how each mate the dragon kings find, have a part to play in the overall story. Noreen is a powerful player that has barely tapped into what she can do. I can’t wait to see what more will come from her. I did feel she got judged too much and
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! So much stuff happens, but no spoilers here....

Cain and Noreen are perfect for an enemies to lovers story. Noreen is part of the Others, or is she? Great romance between the two of them. Plus we find out what happened to UB!tch, Rhi, and Balledyn. We learn more about Moreann and the Others. Erith and the Reapers make several appearances. Of course, the bad gal gets away. We are so close to finding out who Rhi's Dragon King is....
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Oh man that ending! Flame was a really good book for being the 17th in this freaking series. So many things happened that I'm not quite sure how to handle the ending. I really enjoyed getting to see Noreen and Cain get closer together. They were definitely an enemies to loves kind of romance with some much needed drama added.

The one thing I loved about this book was that we got some answers - FINALLY - about certain things
Annie

With seventeen books in this series already, one would think that Grant would someday run out of ideas to write about. However, I do find that this series continues to be one that I look forward to. It has a softer touch than some of the othe paranormal romances I read. However, I like that there’s something very reliable and comforting about Grant’s writing. I know that I can count on her to deliver an entertaining book.

With FLAME, some interesting things begin to happen when an email is r
Donna
Jun 18, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

FLAME is nearly here! Get ready to dive into the next book in the Dark Kings series. Want the correct reading order? Head over to www.MotherofDragonsBooks.com for all information.

June

Scotland

This was suicide. Noreen knew it.

But there wasn’t another way. Which left her no other choice. No matter what happened, she would pay for the consequences of her actions.

It was the least she could do.

She swallowed hard and stared at the laptop screen sitting before her. On her left was a cup of tea with tend

Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

‘Flame’, the next installment of Donna Grant’s Dark King series, was a overall pretty decent read minus the whole instant love *eyeroll* situation happening. I won’t go too much into the romance aspect of Noreem and Cain relationship but dayum. It was quick and was the only real turn off of this novel. I enjoyed how the author always somehow someway features the previous characters in her most recent releases and how each of them contribute to the storyline which I probably shoul
Mary Kirkland
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Noreen, a dark fae was in danger and needed a Dragon King to listen to her and hopefully help her before he killed her. She had been alive for thousands of years and had once believed the Others belief that The Dragon Kings should be killed, but she no longer felt that way and now wanted to help the Dragon Kings overthrow the Others so they were no longer a danger to the dragons.

Cain is picked to go to Noreen and make sure it isn't a trap and if it isn't offer to help keep her safe from the Oth
Jewlsbookblog
Flame was a great enemies-to-lovers story! Noreen and Cain were a whirlwind of attraction, and then...BOOM! I don’t know why I never see certain surprises coming! But darned, if I don’t dive right in and consume them like really good cookies!

I want to say Grant has hit the pinnacle of this long running storyline, but you never know with her characters and this is by far one of the juiciest plots I’ve read in a good while! I’ve long been intrigued by the twists her stories take, but holy smokes!
Under the Covers Book Blog

With FLAME, some interesting things begin to happen when an email is re
Elaine
This is a sizzling addition to this paranormal saga, with shocking revelations, hot romance and plenty of surprises, twists and suspense to keep readers enthralled and on the edge of their seats till the very end.

When an email is received which indicates someone has useful insider information to help the Dragon Kings, they use their skills to ascertain just who sent it and Cain sets out to verify if they are telling the truth or this is a lie and a trap. He certainly didn’t anticipate meeting No
Marta Cox
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the latest in this series and I'd definitely recommend that you read these in order because there's a lot of catching up to do otherwise. Plus there's a spin-off series about Reapers that greatly adds to the world building.
The Dragon Kings are currently at war with The Others who have powerful magic and have been secretly plotting and planning for decades. So when a member of The Others emails to offer information Cain is nominated to go investigate . He discovers Noreen who is a Dark F
Wendy
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG Donna, why?! When I received the arc for Flame I immediately dropped all other books. Because I really, really needed to see what would happen with Rhi. She definitely deserves a happy ending with Con, but it is still not happening (aaarrrghh). Of course, this story is about Cain, one of the remaining single Dragon Kings and Noreen, a dark fae.
When Noreen reaches out for the Dark Kings, she knows she is basically killing herself. Because the moment the Others know what she has done, she wil
Maranda
All of Donna Grant's books are worth the read. This Dark Kings series keeps the reader constantly moving with all the characters and amazing drama that is laid out on the pages. I would suggest that this series be read from the being because the story is very complex and contains many characters. This installment brings us Noreen who has been a member of the OTHERS but wishes to shift her alliance to the Dragon Kings. She finds romance with the Dragon King Cain but finds herself put to the test ...more
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
A story of passion and intrigue I never find myself bored or lacking when I read one of Grants book! Flame takes the stories of the dragons and the fate of their world to another level and kept me on the edge of my seat! Since I first entered their world I haven’t wanted to leave and each book fills a place in my soul I didn’t know was bare!

Cain and Noreens story is one of my favorite so far of the Kings and I can’t wait to see what fate has in store!
Elodie
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flame: A Dark Kings Novel
Donna Grant
Release date 06/30/2020
Publisher St Martin’s Paperback

Blurb :

If she believed in destiny, she would believe they were meant for each other.
But that fire was put out long ago. . .

Living among the Dragon Kings, Cain has spent lifetimes learning to distrust both mortals and Fae. He is a warrior born—and every instinct demands that he fight to keep his own kind safe. But when a fringe member of the Dark Fae contacts the Kin
Tanya Davis
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Flame is the precursor to the last book of the Dark Kings series. Things are so heightened right now and the Flame just took it even higher!

Cain seems like a laid back yet loyal King. He is determined to check out this lead the Kings have received. The whole book though, the question in the back of you mind is, "is this a trick". Things are no

Helen Maddix
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Cain’s story…and I would give his story 4 stars. Cain is so nice compared to most of the other Dragon Kings. He is calm, kind, sweet, and until about halfway through the book, tolerant. He doesn’t get anxious or angry at what is happening. The story for him turns at that point, and he finally shows the dragon side of himself, letting us see his life before the dragons were sent away. Noreen starts out as a frightened woman, who runs into Cain. She stays that way until she meets Rhi. For ...more
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
WOW!! This book is amazing and it really got me hooked into the story. So much is revealed in this book and I am so sad that the series is almost over but I know I will be reading the entire series again in the future.
This is book 17 in the Dark Kings series and I do recommend you start from the very beginning because you will understand the character more .

I very much recommend this book and this series.
I give this 5 out of 5.
Carolyn
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grant-donna
WOW! A lot happened in this one. Finally! The big showdown and battle is just about set to go. ;)
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
Wow ! This book is awesome. I could stop reading and I already can’t wait for the next book.
Flora
I really enjoyed this book. Flame has got everything that I look for in a gripping story. Action, romance, mystery, passion, humour and enough titillation to keep me blushing on the bus. I couldn’t stop reading!

Content Warning:
This book has graphic violence, sex and darker themes. Therefore, I’d only recommend this book to adults who are OK reading such.

I’d recommend Flame to adults who are fans of relationship and romance stories with oodles of fire and passion.
CerysAnne
4.25 Stars

I could not wait to get my hands on Flame. It's literally been one of my most highly anticipated reads of 2020, and it did not disappoint in being everything I hoped it'd be - original, unputdownable, and as action-packed and explosive as the previous novels of this series were.

It also did not disappoint in blowing my mind, and leaving me completely and utterly speechless.

With Donna Grant, I never know what to expect from this series of hers as this world is so vast and complex that th
Mimi
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Once again, Donna Grant has written another electrifying novel in her world of Dragon Kings, fae, druids, Reapers, Others, and some whose ancestry is as yet unrevealed. Flame provides non-stop action from start to finish, beginning with Noreen’s determination to reveal the Others’ plans to take Earth from the Dragon Kings, Cain’s desire to help her in any way possible, and more. Some of the old players are still very much in the game (Usaeil, Rhi, Erith, Cael, Con, Ulrik, Henry, (view spoiler) ...more
Naomi Bell
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flame book 17 in the Dark Kings series features Cain, King of the Navy’s and Noreen, a dark Fae. While their story is the main focus of the book, there’s a whole lot of other plot lines that are unraveling throughout the tale. Something miraculous is happening on the Fae realm. Henry, the JusticeBringer, fulfills one of his roles and finds what he has been seeking. We get to see Con finally lose control. He opens up about the loss of his mate! We learn more of the back story on Moreann the Other ...more
Sandy S
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--FLAME by Donna Grant is the seventeenth full-length instalment in Donna Grant’s contemporary, adult DARK KINGS paranormal/fantasy romance focusing on the Dragon Kings and the women they love. This is navy Dragon Cain, and Dark Fae Noreen’s story line. FLAME should not be read as a stand alone as the current story line continues to follow the ongoing series arc.

SOME BACKGROUND: The DARK KINGS is a spinoff from Donna Grant’s DARK WARRIOR series which in turn is a spin off from Donna’s D
Cathy Geha
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Flame by Donna Grant
Dark Kings #17

Cain, a dragon king, is sent to find out if the email sent to warn them is valid or a tricky trap. So, off he goes, meets the sender, sets a debrief in motion and that debrief ends up rather steamy from time to time. The information Dark Fae Noreen has is from her time with the Others, a group that has a plot in play, a plot that will endanger the dragons. Will her information help? Is she a spy? Does she have information that will help?

The book has steamy roma
Shelley
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Flame🔥

I’m going to start this review off by saying I’ve never read anything by Donna before and when I applied for this book, I had no idea it was a part of a series - let alone the 17th book in that particular series😱 I really just liked the cover...I know I judged the book by its cover😂

Suffice to say I plodded along and I really enjoyed the story, the characters and even the hint the Dragon Kings had of an accent. I’m thinking it’s going to be in my best interest to start at the beginning so
Pamela
Cain has learned not to trust many people after living with the Dragon Kings for centuries. Noreen is a dark fae but she is horrified when she finds out her people's plans to destroy the dragon kings. Some lines were never meant to be crossed. The attraction between the couple is unexpected but strong and immediate. Will Cain be able to learn to trust? Can Noreen leave her people and everything she knows behind? A love that could cost the couple all they hold dear.

I received a copy of this book
Meghan
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Could not put this book down. I didn't want to stop reading it and when I found out this was a series, I immediately looked for books 1-16 in our library collection/ordered them from a different library. The drama, the love, the action, the adventure and the conflict made my skin yearn for more and I was just about to pass out from over e
Anne Szlachcic
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the latest book in the 'Dragon Kings , the Reapers , the Light and Dark Fae and Others series ………….. the series are now becoming more combined with greater results in the storyline .

Dark fae Noreen has seen something she should not ….. it is can be a death sentence if the Others find out .
She is determined to warn the Dragon Kings , even if her own life is forfeit , and sends an email with her information . Dragon King Cain is sent to find out exactly what Noreen knows and soon realises
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Link this to the Dark Kings Series. 2 18 Dec 25, 2019 08:25PM

• Sacrifice of Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15.5)
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
  • Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
  • Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)
  • Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross, #5)
  • Tempted by the Bear: Complete Edition
  • Called by the Bear, Parts #1-9 The Complete Edition
  • Desired by the Bear Complete Trilogy
  • Jack & Jill (Alex Cross, #3)
  • Cat & Mouse (Alex Cross, #4)
  • Guardian's Grace (Dark Protectors, #12)
See top shelves…
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over a hundred novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal genre a burst

Dark Kings (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Fire Rising (Dark Kings, #2)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark Kings, #4)
  • Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5)
  • Soul Scorched (Dark Kings, #6)
  • Passion Ignites (Dark Kings, #7)
  • Smoldering Hunger (Dark Kings, #8)
  • Smoke and Fire (Dark Kings, #9)
  • Firestorm (Dark Kings, #10)

News & Interviews