Start by marking “Walks Through Life: Stories” as Want to Read:

The Winner of the National Indie Excellence Award in the Short Story Category

This exceptional award-winning collection of nine stories that teach a lesson will take you on an important journey to remind you of who you are, as well as your true value as a human being.

In this inspiring and thought-provoking book about philosophical truths, a collection of beautiful short sto
Published October 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Walks Through Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walks Through Life

Start your review of Walks Through Life: Stories
Sofia Kazmi
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is perfect for short Non Friction pick.
Walk Through Life is a collection of 9 short stories. Though they are all of different genre, they will leave their own marks in your heart.
Some of my favorites are Rise of motherhood and A gold message.
Some of the stories brought back my childhood memories. And I loved reading them.
The stories makes us wonder about our own true self. The writing style is quite simple with engaging narration. I would definitely recommend this book to young teenagers
Ankita Kashyap
#📖bookreview📚
𝑵𝒂𝒎𝒆: Walks through life
𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓: Santhosh K. Komaraju
𝑷𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒔: 136
𝑴𝒚 𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
𝑺𝒚𝒏𝒐𝒑𝒔𝒊𝒔: 9 beautiful stories with life lessons
𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘: I have always loved reading stories. As a child, I used to pester my dad to tell me stories before I fell asleep. And he would make up a new story for me everyday. All of them with some kind of life messages. These stories reminded me of those incredible times in my childhood. I also loved reading Panchatantra and Aesop's Fables. And I loved reading
Simrin
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Review : Walks Through Life
Author : Santosh
Version : kindle
Rating : 5/5
Cover : 4/5

About the book :

The book is a rare collection of short stories. I liked the stories as it were all from different genres. This was the best part of the book as usually when we read short stories they are all based on moral giving stories or something that has same connection in the end.
The book is having a mixture of essence from all kinds in total covering a surprise package for each type of reader. The
Deepan Maitra
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: ***3/4 (3.75/5)

“Walks through life” by Santhosh Komaraju attempts to capture men and women from various walks of life, expressing their experiences and faiths to stabilise some of our deep-rooted morals and beliefs.

In this anthology of 9 unique stories, the author has unburdened his quest to make us believe that honesty and modesty is one ingredient that can make our lives more fulfilling. He reinforces our inner honest selves and portrays his thoughts through the eyes of some
Noor
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
⭐⭐⭐⭐
#qotd
Are we just going through life, living each day as it comes n time goes by..?
Have you noticed REPEATED PATTERNS of PROBLEMS or DIFFICULTIES in your life??

#aotd
Well, I have, many times & I have READ that Patterns Keep On Repeating UNLESS & UNTIL, We Learn Our Lesson & move on from that particular stage.

📖 Life is what, but a Journey where we while doing the mundane tasks make mistakes & more importantly Learn from our follies.

📖 Wouldn't it be even more better, if we could learn from the
Kanwarpal Singh
Nov 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This book consists of 9 short stories and talk about life and nature intervention through mystic world and make stories interesting.
A hidden kingship is a story of guy who make good quality carpet and fall into prey of thugger who quote him less price of his products ,he try to thug others to earn more, but stop it and found a guru who teach him how to satisfy themselves with whatever you have and that change his life.
Divine Axe is story of redemption of king from arrogance to humbleness after n
Booxoul
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
am the kind of person who is a habitual fictional novel reader. Normally many of us prefer lengthy novels that walk with us like a friend. For a change, I came across a book or better way to say compilation of a few short stories of Author Santhosh and it was a delight reading it. It reminded me of Sunday Newspaper short stories which give us some insight into people’s journey through tough times and their life stories.

‘Walks Through Life’ is a collection of 9 stories. I can’t classify them as s
Neelam Mungekar
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Walks through Life’ by Santhosh K. Komaraju is a collection of 10 stories. Each story is written in such a manner that the readers will actually think about how to lead their life. Each story has its own uniqueness and as the readers finish off with the story they would surely be left with a moral. Each story has its own protagonist and they are going through their life be it the story of cunning businessman or the story of butcher each story will make the readers ponder.

I liked the writing s
Ambalika Das
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
•05.08.20• - ✨BOOK REVIEW✨

QOTD : Recommend me some good short story books! I've come to enjoy them a lot.♥️

Title : Walks Through Life
Author : Santhosh Komaraju
Genre : Short Stories

This is what I call a really good collection of short stories. Well, tbh the stories weren't exactly short , they did have a decent length but for lack of a better word. Each story had a characteristic unique plotline and might I add, a very fitting title for each. The narration flowed quite meticulously , though I adm
Azraa
Jul 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: indian-authors, arcs, 2020
* Walks through life by Santosh Komaraju is a collection of vivid, deep and impactful short stories all of which follow a theme that is they hold lessons on humanity, morals and ethics. The stories are in no way interconnected with each other and are completely different yet similar in the form of writing.

* The writing was the biggest plus point for me as I found it good enough to continue reading to know what happens next in the story. It made them much more interesting and captured the reader
Muthulakshmi Mahesh
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Worthy read

Walk through life by Santhosh

This book is a collection of 9 non-fiction short stories so it hits hard with the realities. The stories are much relatable in our lives. I'm pretty much impressed by the way how the author has chosen to narrate varying from different kinds of stories. I enjoyed reading this book as every story gave some sort of moral lessons to follow in our lives. Every turning page makes us bring back thoughts, emotions, and memories. The author has used a few compariso
shruti
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life is filled with hardships and trials, but they teach us lessons worth remembering. In Santosh Komaraju's collection of short stories 'Walks through life', he displays 9 stories from different times and era that conveys a moral. Each of them has a lesson we could learn from.

The collection could be said to be short stories but they were more than just that. It took me to a ride through memory lane for I was reminded of days when I would read stories from Panchatantra and the like. These stori
Apurva Khadye
Walks Through Life by Santhosh Komaraju

It is short story collection of short stories consisting 9 tales. Stories and their characters come from different walks of life providing us with unique perspective to ponder upon. It can be read as Aesop's fable but for adults. I loved rise of motherhood and blessing from a curse. I also liked hidden kingship.

Before I comment more on how stories are written I want to commend editor for beautifully editing. There were almost no mistakes even if there wer
Vidhya Thakkar
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a beautiful book. Yes, If you love reading short stories, do not miss this book. The book is as interesting as the cover. There are 9 beautiful stories with a strong message. Each story will remind the reader about the stories that they have heard as a child.
Each story has an important message for the reader. These stories are based on various themes like humanity, family and more. The author builds readers interest well with his crisp writing style. There’s a depth in his writing. The lang
Banaja Prakashini
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book starts with a dishonest young man’s quest for the king in him, and ends with the journey of two brothers where one chose the path of good and the other sunk himself doing the opposite.

The stories are the sort which give you something to learn. They aren’t the moral stories with just some sermon in the end. The positive words are not imposed on you, they are given as a simple suggestion, by some character and the protagonist acts upon it, to reveal that it truly is the good thing to do.
O
Aayusi Biswas
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mugdha Mahajan
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've always been a fan of short stories especially the ones with some life lessons. Walks Through Life is a collection of 9 short stories which will intrigue you and keep you hooked.The stories are of different genres and each story is about 10 pages which makes it easy for the reader to read the book. Each story had a beautiful lesson hidden in it. Each story forces you to ponder on your thoughts, feelings, emotions as you go through it. My favorites were - "A Gold Message" and "Rise of Motherh ...more
Ruchi Patel
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It’s a collection of stories. I am basically long story type person but still I loved this book. It’s a collection of nine stories based on different genre and my favourite is the very first one “The hidden kingship” because I never imagined that short stories can be written in that concept or background. And other one “A letter from the well” I loved the book as it’s difficult to write short stories as the writer has to express the entire concept in limited word counts and still the story has t
Divya Malhotra
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Walks Through Life: Stories

The cover is like no ordinary cover but a maze with different footsteps which are yet to discover in one’s life.

Walks through life is a collection of some short stories and to choose one most favorite would be quite difficult as the creativity and usage of sentences has beautifully been crafted.

The Hidden Kingship , Rise of Motherhood.were one of the second time read for me.

Also, this book gave me a nostalgia about my bedtime stories in my childhood.

Rhe language is sim
Khushboo Aneja
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A collection of 10 odd stories, Walks Through Life, reminded me of storytime with my sister in childhood. Every night my elder sister used to tell me a story and I was supposed to figure out the moral. And since then, I never came across stories like that. All the moral short stories I read were either too predictable or old. Until I read the stories by Santosh. I started reading this book without reading the blurb. Happens when you read a book on kindle. So, I was not expecting the stories to e ...more
Vishakha
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stories with morals

Cover and title
The cover is designed cleverly depicting stories in the book. The title tells about tales written in the book. Walkthrough life means to see these lives from different perspectives.

Storyline
It has 9 different short stories each with different morals and storyline and each character possess one bad quality. Like the 1st one was greedy and does some fraudulent activities. 2nd was arrogant and powerful and so on. At the end of story, they received a good lesson
Aiman Arfi
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes. Phases of life. That's what you feel once you finished reading it with a deep sigh. But it'd be a sigh of contentment, trust me.
The book is a collection of short stories that literally takes you through different "Walks of life" and then it leaves the final decision/judgement upto your conscience. That's what I personally felt after reading this wonderful book.
The cover of the book is quite eye catching.
Language is simple. It's a perfect bedtime read.
_silkreads
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title : Walk Through Life: Stories
Format : Kindle.
Author : Santhosh komaraj , Linda Mainville.

Highly Justified...!
The title of the book is totally justified.Essence the Collection of 9 short stories have been carefully up chosen. The story are really captivating beholds very emotion.
Nuren Popatiya
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read

Walks Through Life is a one of its kind book. It has different types of stories.
First story opens with a salesman called Santeyi who plays with emotion of traders and gives very less price to traders for their goods. There are other stories as well.
Sankalpita (bookGeeks India)
My Rating - 3.25/5

review to follow soon
Meenu Annadurai
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-copy
I received this Review Copy from Half Baked Beans in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you Half Baked Beans and Book Marketing Consultant Richa Saxena!!

Review
Walks through life by Santhosh Komaraju is a wonderful collection of short stories. It totally consist of 9 brilliantly thought and well plotted stories which are completely different from one and other. Every story will remain in the hearts of the readers forever because it had such an intensity of truth and righteous which are vital for
Merrybrains Book Reviews
Stories of lively and realistic characters

Santhosh K. Komarraju's "Walks Through Life Stories" is an introduction to the author's craft and skill to draw a reader's attention to issues of varying nature. His stories have their respective moral lessons but at the same time also remind the reader of earlier written literary texts or folk tales or bedtime stories he/she may have heard as a child.

The author clearly claims the influence of Hindu mythology on his stories in his 'Note from the author'.
Ajay Rao
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Walks through Life: Stories

What actually made me grab this book – Walks through Life: Stories - is my reminiscences of Jataka Tales, the one that was an integral part of my childhood. I guess this book can be lined along with Jataka Tales in a way as Walks through Life with respect to its name takes your older self on a walk through the chapters of life, giving out a few take away lessons to inculcate you. I was quite taken with the blurb as those one liners about the stories the book holds pre
Dimple Singh
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many of us have a habit of reading fictional stories and sometimes this habit does become an addiction when the stories are too fascinating. But, there are still a few who prefer short stories over lengthy novels describing a particular plot and hence this book comes under the category of short stories.

‘Walks Through Life’ is a collection of 9 short stories with mixed genres. The following are the titles of the stories:

The Hidden Kingship
Divine Ax
Blessing Of A Curse
A Letter From The Well
Beyond T
Manali
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Simple stories with ample wisdom and many life teaching lessons.

Ratings: 5/5
The book is a collection of 9 short stories that are more like moral teachings. Each story in this collection is a beautiful reflection of our society and how we can improve ourselves.

What I liked about the book:
--> The beautiful and analogical book cover. The best part about it is that there are snippets depicting some of the stories in the book.
--> How each story teaches us a moral and many important lessons.
--> The t

• Pentacles
  • My Happily Ever After
  • Daughters Of The Brothel: Stories from Delhi's Red-light District
  • Love on the Everest: Love Conquers Everything
  • Oscar for loving, Grammy for not!
  • The Web of Karma
  • A Drop of You
  • Malhaar : When it pours, soak yourself in poetry
  • The Rape Trial
  • Frosted Glass
  • Jazeera: Legend of the Fort Island
  • Once Upon Us (Part I)
Santhosh K. Komaraju is an IT professional, a writer, and a lifelong student of Hindu mythology. His debut book Walks Through Life: Stories have won the National Indie Excellence Award and Readers' Favorite Honorable Mention Award. His lifelong interest in Hindu mythology influences his writing.

You can sign up on his website at santhoshkomaraju.com to receive email updates about his new writings.

News & Interviews