Start by marking “Quantum Flare (The Gunn Files, #3)” as Want to Read:
Quantum Flare (The Gunn Files, #3)

Quantum Flare

(The Gunn Files #3)

An alien war looms over Earth...

And Anderson Gunn is helpless to stop it.

Messages from intergalactic allies paint a stark view of the future: War is inevitable. The future is set, but the timeframe unknown. All he can do is train, worry and wait.

A knock on the door brings a much needed distraction—a bounty hunting job. There’s only one problem. This client is of the offwor
Published May 26th 2020 by Aethon Books

To ask other readers questions about Quantum Flare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quantum Flare

Start your review of Quantum Flare (The Gunn Files, #3)
Meenaz Lodhi
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Sometimes, we only see what we want to see. We ignore the signals, preferring to live in the false comfort of our own reality.”
The cover art is fantastic, very accurate with the story, which is fabulous, getting better and better with each installment.
Incredible and fascinating technology, the virtual simulation is one of the best tech I’ve ever read of, Herron describes it so realistically..
Great near future plotlines, well developed characters, super pace and writing skills.... challenging pe
Asiaman
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Gunn series is very special. If you like your mystery with a mix of aliens that can change to look human than this is the series for you. This may be a mystery but it is also a humorous book. Just imagine the Mob boss, the Bounty hunter and his helper alongside the police and here you have a fun mystery read. The previous books allow you to know the characters better and that makes this book even better. It was a fun read all the way to the end.
John
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting BETTER!

This is the best book of the series by far and I thought the first 2 were AMAZING!

The Pinkers, I mean come on! The offworld characters just keep getting better. The fact that each one is so very different than the next is mind blowing.

Gunn, this dude is one badass with a heart of gold! You can tell he really likes, maybe even loves Anna and I think she feels the same. I love how M.G. wrote so many strong, smart, and confident women into this series so far. E
Jackie
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing futuristic scifi story. So realistic that I held my breath wondering if I’d survive. Loved it
Troy Osgood
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Jason
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Part 3 of the Gunn Files, Anderson Gunn is still coming to terms with the events that took place in Overdose, the near loss of his hand, and the transformation of his hand from human, to half human to half robot. Further to this, he is coming to grips with the fact that he now owes the Gatekeeper more money, but that during his investigations, he learned that there is a dangerous alliance between the Gatekeeper and Ezembaster, a member of the Tetrad.
He knows that the Tetrad are coming to Ear
Ziggy Nixon
May 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: scifi fans that enjoy a little humor
Recommended to Ziggy by: Kindle Unlimited offer
REVIEW IS VALID FOR THE TRILOGY!!

OK, here goes:
Part 1 - "Culture Shock"
Read this a few weeks back and REALLY enjoyed it. At the time it struck me as being pretty heavily "MIB"-like but with good action and characters. Well worth the read and made me really look forward to parts 2 and 3, which I was going to wait on until the last book came out so I could read them together.
Well, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum... for some reason, when I tried to return this Kindle Unlimited offer
The Mysterious Reader
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Bounty hunter adventure with aliens, oh and an imminent offworld invasion. And super-tech that can alter the course of history. And ... too much to fit in here but it’s all superbly told, totally exciting and totally fun. Frankly I loved reading M.G. Herron’s Quantum Flare (Gunn Files, Book 3) and am happy to highly recommend it (though fir maximum enjoyment I’d recommend starting with Book 1).
Karl Hakimian
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book took things in a little different direction from the first two with the fate of the world at stake and not just Gunn and co. Much like the other books, a good fun romp with lots of action and some humor.

More insights into the various characters keeps things interesting on many levels. The ending, while satisfying, leaves plenty of room for future stories.
Jeannette A. Phillips
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Booklets, just say'n

These are entertaining and inventive short stories, but that's fine. Since people seem to have pretty short attention spans anyway. The humor is sweet and the action jumps around like a ping pong ball. It's like a short fun ride, so jump on, jump off and have fun.
Beverly
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Good Story

I like a good story and this one did not disappoint, I wish it was even longer
because it did not want it to end! Looking forward to the next book and there
better be another book 'cause that cliffhanger was just too much!
Bob Truman
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I look at Austin a bit differently now

What a ride , from bounty hunter tracking bail slippers to finding alien criminals and saving a hidden community of offworlders to becoming a part of a plan to save the world
Vancil C. Thomas
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!

Quantum Flare has taken the Gunn Files to a whole new level! Started reading this right after finishing Overdose and WOW!!! Could. Not. Put. It. Down! I REALLY hope this is not a trilogy! PLEASE! More Gunn Files!!!
D
A fun ride!
Christopher Morgan,
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bette r and beter

It seems the writer just keeps expanding his universe in a great way. I can't wait for more this is the xfiles but if Mulder had made friends with aliens
Ann Keeran
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun novel with great alien characters. Will keep you interested until the final page.
Jenny
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is just getting better and better! As well as the usual cast of characters, we have some wonderful new ones in this third book of the series. The Pinkers were the best - their appearance reminds me of a sort of scifi version of house elves, but way cooler and certainly not there to serve! But oh so cute, and fascinating.
Also, the best architecture ever, with Quantum Architecture. Surely the basis for the Tardis, and absolutely brilliant.
Mr Herron has the ability to describe somethin
Manish
Jun 20, 2020
Keith Kavitz
Aug 05, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Old Dogs, Older Tricks (Junkyard Pirate Book 2)
  • Revenge
  • Future Apocalypse (Beginnings #1)
  • Only the Dead Don't Die
  • Rogue Stars: 7 Novels of Space Exploration and Adventure
  • Evil Rises (Noah Reid, #0.5)
  • Twist (The Crimson Dust Cycle #0.5)
  • Dig Two Graves (Bounty Hunter #2)
  • The StarMaster's Son
  • A Thousand Faces (A Thousand Faces, #1)
  • Fortitude: American Resilience in the Era of Outrage
  • Nepenthe Rising (Stars in Shadow #1)
  • The Shadow Order - Books 1 - 3
  • A Million Shadows (A Thousand Faces #2)
  • The Breeders (Breeders, #1)
  • TSU: Desert Heat (Tsu Kim Spy Thriller #1)
  • Obsidian Son (The Nate Temple Series, #1)
M.G. Herron is the author of The Gunn Files, The Translocator Trilogy, and other stories of science fiction and fantasy.

His work is published both independently and through publishing houses such as Audible Studios and Aethon Books. Altogether Herron’s novels have sold tens of thousands of copies.

Based in sunny Austin, Texas, MG’s alter ego, Matt, works for a product design agency as a content str

The Gunn Files (3 books)
  • Culture Shock (The Gunn Files, #1)
  • Overdose (The Gunn Files, #2)

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...