Start by marking “Overdose (The Gunn Files, #2)” as Want to Read:
Overdose (The Gunn Files, #2)

Overdose

(The Gunn Files #2)

People say, "Keep Austin Weird!" If only they knew....

Bounty hunter Anderson Gunn has had enough of this alien stuff. He can accept that offworlders live among us. He can even be friends with them. But that doesn't mean he wants to be involved in their affairs.

So, naturally, it’s just his luck that when Gunn tries to go back to his normal life of collecting bail-jumpers an
Published April 28th 2020 by Aethon Books

To ask other readers questions about Overdose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overdose

Start your review of Overdose (The Gunn Files, #2)
Meenaz Lodhi
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“The borrower is slave to the lender.”
“What made Earth such an attractive getaway destination?”
Love the cover! It’s very different from the ones I’m used to seeing lately. And I love the protagonist, he’s so down to earth, anti-hero type of person! I just can’t help myself but love him. Gunn is a fabulous bounty hunter! The narrative is so fluid, informal, witty and sarcastic that even during tension filled moments it always brought a smile on my face, constantly, with downright hilarious other
Jackie
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a story. Might be short, but definitely powerful. Love the main character and the plot. Can’t wait for the next.
Jason
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Book 1, Anderson Gunn, a Bounty Hunter and Skip Tracer, came to learn that Aliens were real, and that they were living on Earth, have been for some time, and even more surprising, his best friend Vinny, is actually one of them. In Book 1, Gunn helped 2 Peacekeepers, Dyna and Kilos, track and capture an alien fugitive called Elekatch, a dangerous Pharsei fugitive sent by a group called ‘The Tetrad’ to stir up trouble on Earth as a part of an ongoing intergalactic conflict.
Whilst capturing thi
Ziggy Nixon
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: scifi fans that enjoy a little humor
Recommended to Ziggy by: Kindle Unlimited offer
REVIEW IS VALID FOR THE TRILOGY!!

OK, here goes:
Part 1 - "Culture Shock"
Read this a few weeks back and REALLY enjoyed it. At the time it struck me as being pretty heavily "MIB"-like but with good action and characters. Well worth the read and made me really look forward to parts 2 and 3, which I was going to wait on until the last book came out so I could read them together.
Well, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum... for some reason, when I tried to return this Kindle Unlimited offer
John
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"OMG! I LOVED this book so very much! I mean, the story telling went next level with this installment. The fight scenes were so detailed and (I know a pet peeve of mine overall) did NOT clout out the actual story with tech "stuff" (over describing alien tech). The introduction of new characters who could be bad or not (you'll find out when you read this), was very twisty (as in I thought they were bit players). Brining Anna back into the loop and really showing ...
V.L. Stuart
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Overdose", by M.G. Herron, is the second in the Gunn series.

Andy Gunn is a bounty hunter for a bail bondsman who has troubles enough without discovering that Austin, TX is a hotbed for alien activity and the possible target for an interstellar rebellion. A nicely crafted mystery that weaves scifi and detective work seamlessly into an entertaining novel. It is a good read for a rainy afternoon on the deck or a sunny one at the beach.
Charl
Oct 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: y2020
If you like the first one, enjoy.

Reads like an old-fashioned detective story, but with aliens on Earth and an interstellar war brewing in the background. The characters are interesting, the story was interesting, overall it was worth reading.

There are a few technical problems in the text, but I'm not dinging the author for that. That's poor performance on whoever edited it.
The Mysterious Reader
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got hooked on M.G. Herron’s The Gunn Files on reading it’s first book, Culture Shock (separately reviewed). Now, in Overdose (Book 2), bounty hunter Anderson Gunn is back and the ante is definitely upped in this crazy mashup of X-Files / MiB sci-fi and mystery. Wonderfully written, this exciting adrenaline rush of a tale is totally fun - and totally (highly) recommended.
Vancil C. Thomas
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Gunn Files is Awesome!

The Gunn Files series continues to satisfy my need for ORIGINAL, and well thought out plots, with very believable characters! If you enjoyed reading SciFi from the Golden Age, or authors like C J Cherryh, you will love this series! Time for me to move on to book 3!
Christopher Morgan,
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Better than book one

I think it's hard to say at at times books are better than the first one you like of a writer, but it's true here. The world building continues slowly and the humour increased.looking forward to book 3
L.R. Trapp
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Austin gang is back!

Drugs, aliens, and humans what could go wrong? Anderson Gunn , a bail jumper bounty hunter, travels a twisted road of clues - who’s bringing in an off world drug? And weirdly, Anderson finds love too!
Waiting impatiently for the next adventure!!
Linda Brown
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!

MG Herron writes a terrific book! Storyline and editing are fantastic. Some Indie authors tend to be so hurried to get on the market that they have dozens of auto-correct errors. Not so with this author. Concise, to the point, and so entertaining.
Karl Hakimian
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fun romp in an MIB/Star Wars esk setting. The characters that I enjoyed in the first book were every bit as fun in this one and their relationships are getting fleshed out as well.

There was an enjoyable mystery, lots of action and promise of more fun to come.
Asiaman
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you like your books with a lot of aliens, mystery, a bounty hunter and a futuristic arena death racing then you will love this book. It was not at all what I expected so it was a nice surprise. Aliens on Earth that changed to look like humans made this an enjoyable read.
Pamela
May 22, 2020 rated it liked it
No where near as enjoyable as the first, but not bad, not bad at all. Will definitely give the 3rd installment a go.
Dick SantaCruz
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

First two books were terrific.. Characters are engaging. The storyline of aliens living among is is almost believable. Lots of action. Hard to put down.
Ann Keeran
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A bounty hunter in a world where humans share earth with off-worlders. Written with imagination and creativity. M.G. Herron continues The Gunn Files with this entertaining read.
Jenny
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable read, reminiscent of scifi I read in my youth. But funnier! This author has great ideas, writes with a light touch, and paints great characters. I like the way it is set in a real place, and may make you want to peer down darkened alleyways if you ever visit.
Windwalker
Sep 27, 2020
Tom Losh
May 08, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Old Dogs, Older Tricks (Junkyard Pirate Book 2)
  • The Salvage Crew
  • Kinetic Strike (Drop Trooper #2)
  • Danger Close (Drop Trooper #3)
  • The Bar at the End of the World (The Watchers, #1)
  • The Roach
  • Resurgence (Redleg in Space #2)
  • Limelight (Arcane Casebook #5)
  • Black Sheep (Flight of the Javelin, #1)
  • Direct Fire (Drop Trooper, #4)
  • Mind Games (Arcane Casebook, #4)
  • Assassination Protocol (Cerberus, #1)
  • Into the Stars (Rise of the Republic Book 1)
  • Game of the Wolf (The Hexecutioner #1)
  • USS Hamilton: Ironhold Station
  • Undead Ultra (Undead Ultra #1)
  • Another Dead Intern
  • Chaos Rising (Edge of Collapse #0.5)
M.G. Herron is the author of The Gunn Files, The Translocator Trilogy, and other stories of science fiction and fantasy.

His work is published both independently and through publishing houses such as Audible Studios and Aethon Books. Altogether Herron’s novels have sold tens of thousands of copies.

Based in sunny Austin, Texas, MG’s alter ego, Matt, works for a product design agency as a content str

The Gunn Files (3 books)
  • Culture Shock (The Gunn Files, #1)
  • Quantum Flare (The Gunn Files, #3)

News & Interviews