Start by marking “A Rogue to Remember (The Hellion Club, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Rogue to Remember (The Hellion Club, #1)

A Rogue to Remember

(The Hellion Club #1)

Welcome to Book One in "The Hellion Club", the nickname for the Darrow School, where miscreant noblemen send their illegitimate daughters to keep them out of sight, out of mind, and to make them employable.

It's propriety, secrets, and passion in this scorching new series!

Douglas “Devil” Ashton, Lord Deveril, was forced by his father to join the army and was exiled to
Published June 11th 2019 by Dragonblade Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Rogue to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rogue to Remember

Start your review of A Rogue to Remember (The Hellion Club, #1)
Somia
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

Douglas Ashton, Lord Deveril aka Devil has returned home from serving with the army in India, banished by his father who hoped he would die. On arrival he sets out to locate his beloved sister, what he finds breaks his heart, but he is determined to fulfil his sisters dying request to take care of her daughter - a child who is highly traumatised and screams when any man nears her. Wilhelmina Marks is no ordinary governess and just what Devil needs - sadly for him he thought he was inter
Maggie Whitworth
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋

A wonderful new series from Chasity that will leave you with a sigh as you turn the last page,
Just as all romances should.

Filled will tension, angst, wonderfully emotional scenes between a governess and a Lord, a beautiful little girl with her own battles , and villains that will have you dreading their next plot, this is a really great read .

I thoroughly enjoyed the book it had everything I could want in a regency romance , and it looks as though their is so much more to look forwar
InD'tale Magazine
Emotionally complex characterizations, smart dialogue, nuanced secondary characters, and brisk narrative pacing make “A Rogue to Remember” a love story to savor and a new series with future installments to anticipate.

Read full review in the 2019 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Luana
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Even though I am not a big fan of governess' stories, this one was nice. A lot of action, danger and mystery involved. I just didn't give a 5 star because from the beginning the governess prided herself as a honest person that always spoke up the truth but I thought she said a lot of silly things she was not feeling 😆 but well, it was a nice read nonetheless. ...more
Zubee
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 stars ... I enjoyed this one a lot ...
H comes across as a complete rake but he is a nice guy at heart ...
h is a governess; a superior kind of governess ... I liked that this h was firm in her ways and strict with the H too ... she was also very practical and kind ...
Debby
So this is another new author this year for this reader. I thought the story was okay however I was looking for the romance but it fell a bit short. I did like the characters and the plot. This was a KU freebie so I thought I would take a stab at it. Will however read the next in the series...who knows it might be better than the first.

3-Stars
Gilgamesha
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Again another book where the romance is not center stage. It made no sense why the characters fell in love. I did enjoy the book but I was there was more character and relationship development of the main protagonists.
Coco.V
Jun 24, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/24/2020)! 🎁
Elaine
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindlefire, regency
A lovely read that kept my interest. Will definitely be reading #2.
HR-ML
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read my GR friend Maggie's review & decided
to give this book a go. I'm glad I did.

Regency England.
Douglas, a lord, interviewed Willa to become governess
to his 3 yr old niece, Marina, speechless w/ grief over
her Mom, Alice, who died in a hovel. Mom & dtr had
been low on food + coal for heat. Doug had been away
in the army. He had no idea Alice lived this way. Or
that he had a niece.

Doug was smart, sexy, had sardonic wit, but covered his
loneliness & boredom w/ drinking etc. Willa had some
Lori D
Be still my heart. When I read the blurb I knew this was going to be a story I would love. The wild but deep down wounded hero Devil, who comes to the aid of his niece. He found his sister when she was on her last breath and was able to rescue his niece. "Devil reached for her, lifting her to him. She screamed and kicked, fighting him with a fierceness that belied her slightness. He simply pulled her closer. And held her to him as tightly as he could. "I'll take care of her. I'll take care of yo ...more
Petula
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Douglas Ashton, Lord Deveril has returned home from serving with the army in India. His despised father is dead and now he must find his sister . What he finds is devastating and will change his life for ever.
Wilhelmina Marks has had an unfortunate past but a very good education. She will hopefully put that to use as a governess. The troubled child needs much more than any ordinary governess could give her.
The past has coloured the lives of all the characters in this story. Although it makes t
Greta Barnhouse
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good bad boy!

Douglas Ashton, Lord Deveril is known as the Devil. A rake whose life is filled with debauchery until he has to take care of his late sister’s young daughter. Wilhelmina Marks is the illegitimate daughter to a second son and works for the Darrow school he hires as governess to the child.
It is filled with childhood hurt, death, murder, kidnapping, schemes, betrayal, redemption, steamy chemistry, and love—sigh! Great Read!
Susan
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First time reading this author’s work. Loved it, and looking forward to more in The Hellion Club series.
Krystal
May 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked Douglas well enough. He was a man with a well-deserved reputation who didn't shy away from who he was or what he wanted. I loved the depth of feeling he showed not only for his sister, but for his niece, taking her in as his ward when someone else of his station would have likely shipped her off somewhere (especially when she proved to be a difficult child at first). It was incredibly hard to relate to Willa however. On one hand, when it came to Marina and her wellbeing, Willa was a grea ...more
Angele
"I love you when I didn't know such a thing was possible. I thought love such as this was a myth, a thing for poets, authors, and painters. I didn't think it was for me. I think the truth is that I was broken inside until you."

Actual rating: 2.5/5

This is my first book from the author, something that just popped up in my recommendations list. The premise definitely caught my attention, hence I decided to read it since I would never pass up a good historical romance.

I enjoyed the whole arranged
LOU71
A Rogue to Remember is the first book in The Hellion Club series. The Hellion Club is the nickname for the Darrow School, a place where miscreant noblemen send their illegitimate daughters to keep them out of sight, out of mind, and to make them employable. This is a well-paced historical romance that deepens and draws the reader in, chapter by chapter. I was pleasantly surprised at how captivated I was with the story. I read it in a day.

A Rogue to Remember: 5 stars: Douglas & Wilhemina

Douglas
Mary
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read from Ms. Bowlin, and I am pleased to add her to my list of authors worth watching. I expected the pen name of Chastity to be chosen ironically and assumed rampant meaningless sex throughout; and though there IS adult content, it is presented with unusual thoughtfulness and I appreciate that. More on that later.

In a nutshell - Heroine is a well-schooled lady of illegitimate birth who takes post of governess to nobleman's motherless niece, only to protect her reputation Hero
Gabby
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Pros
1. I really liked the story line, it was different than your average mid evil novel in that it had a well thought out underlying sinister plot. Although it was short the story played out well
2. The switching of voices. I always like a well executed role switch in characters so I know the inner thoughts of both the main character and the love interest and in this book the evil character too.

The Cons
1. THE TIMELINE! I am tired of books where they fall in love in 3 days, it is entirely unr
Fany
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
This was a good historical romance. I liked the plot and I liked that Marina was a full part of everything.

Will is a governess who gets hired by Lord Deveril, known as Devil by everyone, to help his 3yo niece, who lived in poverty and abuse until now. To protect Willa's virtue, they decide to hide her real status and pass her as his bethrowed and hire a chaperone to live with them. Things get complicated when the child's father shows up wanting to ransom his daughter.

I thought Will and Devil wer
HEIDI WILKINSON
Jul 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
Not convincing at all.

The heroine in this book agrees to pretend to be engaged and MOVES IN WITH HER BETROTHED which is apparently preferable to being the governess. She spouts forth to her future mother in law in a way I wouldn't dare to do in the present age and nearly 10 years of marriage. And the hero, a gentleman, apparently, holds a conversation with her to her with his boots on the desk. I don't think many employers would do that today. That's as far as I was prepared to read. Truly ridic
Lorka
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf-at-all
Actually very well-written, I loved the witty dialogue btwn the hero and heroine.

Based on my personal preferences, I disliked the somber mood of the book though. The darkness of the villainy villains, the nasty chaperoning aunt, the tragic situation the niece was in... it was all a good story, but it took away from the romance (in my opinion). I did not finish the book, as I like my love stories a bit more relaxing :)
susan ort
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Rogue to Remember

I really enjoyed this story of tragedy that finds love. It had several twists and turns along with budding romance. The hero finds his true love even though he thinks he doesn't know what love feels like. And the heroine finds that not only does she deserve to go loved but the hero is the one for her. All while showing a little orphaned girl that people don't always leave you!
Bookworm2721
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finding a niece in need of he!p.

This is the 1st book of this series. Awesome. Finding you sister in a bad situation and a niece needing help was the kicker. Needing help with the niece he gets a governess. Finding that the governess is in danger changes his life. Becoming to know that you are needed is even better. Another true love has happened. Read this series in order. Very entertaining.
Ryan Mackay
Jul 02, 2020 rated it liked it
This is my second Bowlin book and I'm really enjoying the experience so far. I love the idea of the Hellion Club, though I kinda wish it was an actual hellion club full of women who were defying societal constructs and wearing breeches and drinking scotch and stuff. But I do love the Hellion Club as is and Willa was a wonderful lead for the first book.
Marybelle A. Swaim
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

This is a treat
Of a book to read. It has mysteries to solve, excitement to make you wary and romance to warm your heart. The story line is great, the people very real. Great book in every way. Love the style of this author and am looking forward to reading more of her work.
Stephen Williams
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful start to the series

This is a wonderful first book in the series, with a plot that just keeps giving. The characters are beautifully portrayed, and the story line has some brilliantly crafted twists and turns. This is a book that would suit all those that love steamy historical romances with a bit of suspense.
GirlOffFire
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chasity Bowlin is a highly underrated writer. Every story of hers I read I am always invested in the characters and the plot. This story is no different.

Douglas and Wilhelmina. Each with a past that makes it difficult for them to look forward to their lives. Little Marina wrenches our hearts. An evil father, a greedy aunt. Its a great read and I am looking forward to the next in the series.
Lisa Mills
May 24, 2020 rated it liked it
My first with this author

I have had this book for some time ( I have a lot of books)! And just got to this. I enjoyed the story line quite a bit. I am intrigued with Effie's story and I am sure it is in the list. I will read the next and see how it goes.
Annette
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A ROGUE TO REMEMBER : My first read by Chastity Bowlin... was great ! There is a lot to this story. Our heroine is a bastard child and our hero a bad boy of the ton. We have a evil aunt a dead sister and a child who will not speak. The bad guys are really bad !
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lady Wallflower (Notorious Ladies of London, #2)
  • Willful in Winter (The Wicked Winters #4)
  • Wagered in Winter (The Wicked Winters, #5)
  • Wicked in Winter (The Wicked Winters #1)
  • Wanton in Winter (The Wicked Winters #3)
  • Taming an Unrepentant Earl (Taming the Duke's Heart Book 10)
  • Always the Bridesmaid (Never the Bride #1)
  • Lady Ruthless (Notorious Ladies of London, #1)
  • Marquess of Mayhem (Sins & Scoundrels #3)
  • The Substitute Bride
  • The Risky Wager of a Masked Lady
  • What Would a Duke Do? (Seductive Scoundrels #4)
  • Fearless Duke (League of Dukes Book 6)
  • The Spring Duke (A Duke for All Seasons #2)
  • The Scandalous Life of a Betrayed Heiress
  • Lady at Last (Lord Love a Lady, #4)
  • Henry's Bride (London Libertines #1)
  • A Lady's Christmas Rake
USA Today Best Selling author and Winner of the 2019 Romance Through the Ages Award for Georgian/Regency Romance, Chasity Bowlin is the author multiple bestselling historical romance novels, both independently and with Dragonblade Publishing. She lives in central Kentucky with her husband and their menagerie of animals. She loves writing, loves traveling and enjoys incorporating tidbits of her act ...more

The Hellion Club (3 books)
  • Barefoot in Hyde Park (The Hellion Club Book 2)
  • What Happens in Piccadilly (The Hellion Club, #3)

News & Interviews