Start by marking “Julian Fox, The Dream Guardian (Julian Fox, #1)” as Want to Read:
Julian Fox, The Dream Guardian (Julian Fox, #1)

Julian Fox, The Dream Guardian

(Julian Fox #1)

It is said that dreams are just that: only dreams. But believe me, this is not always true. Some dreams are as real as the dreamer.

Thanks to their dreams, dreamers can receive the special visit of eternal wisdom that has inspired the creativity of great inventors, scientists, musicians, and even writers throughout the ages.

This creative wisdom is not always the type that a
Published September 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Julian Fox, The Dream Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Julian Fox, The Dream Guardian

Start your review of Julian Fox, The Dream Guardian (Julian Fox, #1)
Terry
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun-fun-fun
Fantasy, Magic, Romance and Dreams.
Suspense, Twists and Turns, All is not what it seems.
A great little book,
What more do you need?
Marissa DeCuir
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved how magical this entire book was! There's an unexpected love story that filled my heart, as I found myself worrying about Elizabeth and if Julian would be able to protect her. I also enjoyed the entire world the author created and the idea we need to be protected in our dreams. A really quick, fun read that anyone would enjoy!
Kelly Knapp
Delightful Story

While the story is delightful, the prose often felt stilted and forced, pulling the story out of the fairytale-like setting.
Adrion Kusant
Fantasy

I am not a fan of fantasy, that is the only reason for my low rating. The made up words were many and difficult to keep track of. Because of the life lessons, I would recommend this book to teens. They will enjoy the magical "other" world.
Dawn
**Won as a book giveaway hosted on Goodreads sponsored by the book’s publisher or author.**
Tony Parsons
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julian “Jul” Fox (21, son/brother, college graduate), & Nicholas “Nico” Fox (20, son/brother, college student) were enjoying the outdoors on vacation.
They were going to try & talk their parents: William Fox (45, English, husband/father), Sonia Florit (French, wife/mother) into staying 1 more week at the family hideaway cabin.
Back home Julian loved the outdoors & riding his horse: Éclair.
He was planning 1 more prank on his brother Nicholas before he went back to college.
Of course, Nicholas wou
Stephanie
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Julian Fox is a college graduate looking forward to working at his father's business. He and his brother, Nicholas are engaged in a continuous prank war and his girlfriend, Jennifer is always around saying how much she loves him. Julian's life is beautiful. One night Julian has an extremely lifelike dream, one where he is taken to the Land of Wise Dreams where he fights off an evil force that wanted to enter the dream arch of a dreamer and harm them. Julian learns that he is a dream guardian, a ...more
Ruth Ann Lingwall
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting read. I was intrigued that the author is hispanic as this group is underrepresented in english literature. Knowing this also helped make sense of a few unusual turns of phrase.

For me, the book seemed to start very slowly. It wasn’t until the fifth chapter when the action began that I really became interested. The previous descriptions at times seemed too lengthy or at others terse and superficial. A few descriptions are quite amusing though.

I also had a lot of questions a
Teresa
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free Kindle version of this title, but am under no obligation to give a positive review and receive/d no compensation for reading and/or reviewing, other than the pleasure of checking it out.

I very much enjoyed the fantasy world Miranda has created here, especially the Defilers (aka The Bad Guys). Julian (our hero) and his slightly younger brother (Nicholas) have a never-ending battle in pranking each other, which is a little larger thread in the overall plot than I felt it needed t
Tattooed Bibliophile
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
As a book blogger, I take my reviews very seriously. An author put quite a lot of their heart and soul into what I read in most cases, and I treat them as such. When an author sends me a book to review, it's much harder than when I receive it from a publisher, because I honestly feel terrible writing a bad review. But I also do not want to be dishonest with my readers.

So when I started reading Julian Fox, and it came across a bit strange and very pretentious, I did a bit of research, hoping to f
Donna Bresnak
i was interested in reading this book. I like fantasy and fiction books. and the premise seemed fun however it is very difficult to plow through this book. none of the characters engaged me, and the writing was stiff and robotic. there were a few places where I enjoyed the story, especially when a character spoke. however it didn't last. most of the time a telling of the story happened in very dry accounts of what happened next, and what a character did then. it has taken me weeks to bring mysel ...more
Books Forward
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great classical fantasy novel that also takes ideas from mythology and world history and weaves them all together. The characters are easy for anyone to love, and you'll be rooting for Julian as he's put to the ultimate test and laughing hysterically at the antics between Julian and Nicholas!
Jennifer Reynolds
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once you get past the first five chapters the book picks up and is a fun read. Knowing this author is from South America helps you look past all the strange wording. Should be considered a young adult novel as there is only PG 13 kissing. The Wise Dreams world is a nice concept.
Brenda Keckeisen
Very enjoyable!!

To fall in love with your dream guardian in real life. Julian and Elizabeth reach above the stars to find each other on earth!! Julian’s relationship with his brother Nicholas is great! Leaves you wanting more!!
Barb Wild
Loved this book. The fantasy about the dreams is so close to reality as I can get. The characters are very clear, interesting and the book looks great. I would like to see more artwork from the illustrator.
Kathryn Brown
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

While this book took a little bit for me to get into it, it wasn’t long before I couldn’t put it down. I truly hope there is a sequel because I want to know what becomes of Julian the dream guardian and his lady love.
Ellen Whitfield
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Any time I call a book fun, I worry that people will see it as light and breezy, but this one is fun while still exploring themes like love and responsibility with a thoughtful eye. It has so much heart, and I loved it!
Vanessa Perry
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looks good
Nat
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely romantic fantasy story. It is a nice short read. It is not pretentious in its message as there is a sizeable amount of humor
Jeff Taylo
I liked the dream warrior aspect of this book but the relationship part was not my cup of tea.
Kasey
Oct 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for the opportunity to review this book as a giveaway recipient. I am excited to read it and will update my thoughts on this book soon!
Theresa
Nov 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed the book. passed it on to bookclub
Book-Lover
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Magical, intriguing and an all around good read. The brothers relationship was full of pranks but the love and affection was always there. Add in a love story and adventure...
Daniela Perez
Jul 02, 2019

• The King at the Edge of the World
  • The Imperfects
  • Daughter of Rome
  • Haunted Redemption (The Cascade #1)
  • Bad Sons (Booker & Cash #1)
  • The Angriest Angel (The Angriest Angel #1)
  • We Came Here to Shine
  • The Dirty South (Charlie Parker #18)
  • Going Rogue (Cheating Death Book 1)
  • Volt
  • Curse of the Cornfield Ghost (Finn & Botts)
  • The New Husband
  • The God Game
  • The Two Lila Bennetts
  • Bad Memory (Jessica Shaw, #2)
  • Djinn Patrol on the Purple Line
  • Everything You Are
E.J. Miranda is an avid reader, an enthusiastic traveler, and a passionate author. Her great sense of humor and love for nature have granted her a rebellious writing style: her approach describes the adventures of life, but in such a way that each reader can have an individual take on the matter.

Her inspiration comes from her curiosity about other countries’ cultures and peculiarities. A few coun