Start by marking “A Whisper in the Dark (Charlie Travesty, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Whisper in the Dark (Charlie Travesty, #1)

A Whisper in the Dark

(Charlie Travesty #1)

A city ruled by vampires. A disgraced princess. A world underground.

Charlotte Travesty lives in a world of comfort. Glittering nightclubs, a lavish mansion, and a staff of humans at her beck and call. Being a royal vampire means her future is secured—all she has to do is get through the Awakening, an ancient ceremony every vampire experiences when they come of age.

But when
Published April 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about A Whisper in the Dark, please sign up.

Start your review of A Whisper in the Dark (Charlie Travesty, #1)
Chelsea Humphrey
Part 1 of 4 in the Charlie Travesty serial release!

"The human bows again. As he straightens, I want to tell him that he's been more of a father to me than my own. I want to tell him that I look forward to seeing him every day. I want to tell him what a difference he's made in my life. When I look at my siblings and cousins, so many of them have an emptiness in their eyes-they look at humans and see livestock. Humans like Alexei taught me otherwise."
Becca & The Books
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
The start of what is to surely be an enticing and gripping new Vampire romance

I really enjoyed the first instalment in this serial. The character of Charlie is intriguing and I'm interested to see what she does next, especially after the introduction of a dark and delicious vampire towards the end of this.

K.J. Sutton
Apr 09, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED!

Charlie Travesty Serial

Amazon US → https://rb.gy/wntyql
Amazon CA → https://rb.gy/5izel8
Amazon UK → https://rb.gy/9cankp
Amazon AU → https://rb.gy/irrkw8

Dear Readers,

This story was an adventure in so many ways, not only because neither Jessi or I have ever co-authored a novel before, but because we’re releasing the book as a serial! Four volumes, eight weeks, and at the end of it... one print edition to include them all.

So I hope you have as much fun reading this story as it was writing it.
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Another one of those vampire-zombie going gaga novelettes.
A vampy king's kiddy who is a Kinder Suprise, literally. And a what one! Nicely done, Gabs!
Much too short to develop too deep and, as a result, a teensy tad too sketchy for my liking. So, I dock a star.
Not sure if I love or hate the cover. Color me ambivalent about it, then.
alana ♡
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Give me all the vamps this spooky season, please and thanks.

This was a quick, entertaining read that did a pretty good job building the dark world Charlie lives in and I'm looking forward to see what happens in the next installment. Plus, I'm already here for the tension between Charlie and Noah.

Blog | Twitter
Nenia Campbell
"A city ruled by vampires"

YES PLEASE
Whitney
A Whisper in the Dark is the first installment in the Charlie Travesty serial.

A vampire princess disowned by her family because of an ultimate betrayal. Charlie, the ex-princess, is thrown into a post-apocalyptic world that is ran by vampires. I loved getting to see Charlie live a lush vampire lifestyle before seeing her fall to the lowest ranks of the society. All the characters were really fleshed out for a novella. I really enjoyed two characters besides Charlie – a certain human and a vampir
JenacideByBibliophile
Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the authors, Jessi Elliot and K.J. Sutton, for an honest review.

“The crown rests beside me – it must have fallen off while I slept.”

description

A quick introduction to a new Adult Fantasy series that are bringing the Vamps back with a vengeance!

I LOVE anything by Kelsey Sutton, so of course when I found out she was working on a series of novellas with an author I hadn’t had the pleasure of knowing about, I was SOLD. And in true K.J. Sutton fashion, she literally
Sara
At a little over 90 pages, this urban fantasy does a pretty decent job of setting up a compelling world where vampires rule via a viscous vampire king, and humans are the bottom of the food chain. It's a world where vampires are assigned a place to live on the day of their Awakening - where their eyes will reveal their true calling. And Charlotte Travesty, daughter of the king, is about to find out her destiny may not be quite what she expects it to be.

Obviously given the length there's not too
♡ jules ♡
Oh hi, I'm hooked.
I felt this was just going to be "okay" until Noah Forrest appeared and well, now I'm into it.
.*•.  ☾ sephia giaracuni  ☾ .•*.
2.5 It was alright. It kept me interested enough. I will probably finish this series, but the writing style isn’t anything amazing, and the characters don’t really have much flair like other books.

It is refreshing reading about a main character who is more quiet and thoughtful, ( which is the main character in this book) but I always do love reading about badass and feisty main characters I just can’t help it!
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
YESSSSSS!!! I absolutely LOVED this book!!! This is volume 1 in a new serial vampire book by this fantastic writing duo, and I'm ALL ABOUT IT!! The beginning to this story was just fantastic. I'm flailing like crazy over this book and can't recommend it enough. I'm so eager to see where the other volumes will take this story. And the covers are all gorgeous! Be sure to grab this one asap, as volume 2 will be here before we know it! ...more
reanna🌿
Jun 12, 2020 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars.

This book had a really interesting concept about a royal vampire named Charlotte who is taken out of her luxurious lifestyle after a shocking event to live amongst the people she was raised to look down upon. There’s romance, humor and blood... lots of blood. ⚰️🖤
Angela Anne
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Vampire stories are hit or miss for me and this one slapped! A Whisper in the Dark is a fast paced read and an ode to everything great about paranormal romance with a dash of dystopian on the side. The world created by Elliot and Sutton is nuanced and drew me in from the first page. The plot was intricate with unique characters who I loved to read about. I only have one complaint: why do I have to wait so long for the next installment?
Nihal
Why is it so short? Only 5 chapters. It isn't enough. I want more of the bloodthirsty vampires dammit. Also, the writing was immensely better than the last books of this author. I love this duo already. Please keep it coming.

What to expect:
- sex- positive introvert half-vampire main character: Charlie Travesty
- a vampire dominant society where humans and other creatures are slaves
- interesting and innovative ways of blood sucking
- it literally answered all questions i had about vampires and how
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

This little novel is the first in a series of novels about a Vampiric romance and isn't usually my type of reading, but I had a lot of fun with it, it's short and easy to read. Maybe this first book has a lot of information and the balance is strange at the end because the plot itself does not develop too much, but I still enjoyed it and I would like to continue with the rest of the novels in the future. I loved the construction of the world and the characters are interesting enough.

description

3/5 ⭐️⭐️
Lina
May 07, 2020 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
5 chapters were not enough!!

In this novella we follow Charlotte, the daughter of the Vampire King himself, who is about to go through her Awakening (coming of age ritual), which will determine her future life. In the color-coded system her father created, vampires are sent to a specific district based on the eye color they develop, so our main heroine, being a chill person, who enjoys writing and gardening in her spare time, is hoping for her eyes to turn green and to move to Sul, a
Stella❤️ 孔凡星
Jashana
May 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
3.5, technically!

*It was pretty short, obviously, being a novella, but I was intrigued. I enjoyed the characters -- Drew, in particular. He's just the best. Such a happy, optimistic, friendly guy! Charlie is also an enjoyable character, for me. She's incredibly naive, understandably-so. It's interesting seeing her figuring out just, the normal world. Going from being a party-girl princess, to basically out on her ass and trying to survive, and being genuinely terrified.

*But being so short, I w
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
There’s nothing better than discovering a new upcoming release and see that the release date is less than 20 days away.
Plus, it’s about vampires. GIMME IT.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
Katie
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m interested to see where this series goes, the books are all really short so they’re an easy read so it’ll be interesting to see how the author finishes these books.
Hilda
I don’t care. I tried. I can’t even remember the names. The story is weird. Her mom hates her but when we find out why it’s so dumb. And her dad has set up this vampire society based on eye color that is just trying too hard. And human are food...duh. But are almost extinct. So what are the vampires going to eat????

I don’t care.
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted an Advanced Readers Copy of A Whisper in the Dark by K.J. Sutton and Jessi Elliott in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis:

A city ruled by vampires. A disgraced princess. A world underground.

Charlotte Travesty lives in a world of comfort. Glittering nightclubs, a lavish mansion, and a staff of humans at her beck and call. Being a royal vampire means her future is secure - all she has to do is get through the Awakening, an ancient ceremony every vampire experiences when they come
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
✨ Read for the 2021 KU Shitathon™ challenge – [Yearly Edition] – at Weaponized Pineapples

♠ Plan C: #1 of 4 — Month: February ♠

Liked this but somehow I couldn't really connect. Was also a bit bored, until the last 5 pages at least. Plus the amount of detail was too much, even if they did paint an interesting picture. Will try #2 cause curious.
Danie ☔☕
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it
The start of this series didn't convince me yet, but I might try the second one to see where the story goes. There are some characters that might be really interesting and with a bit more world building this could develop in a great direction. ...more
Jadey (the Bookish)
This was quite an intriguing first volume with an interesting premise. Definitely interested in reading the next volume!

One thing I will say though is that there was a lot of info-dumping. Which usually I don't mind too much, but a couple of the explanations I found so confusing. Even when I reread a couple of the passages five times, I still couldn't wrap my head around what it meant. And I'm so sure that there was a mistake in how the mother was described, because it just didn't make sense (if
Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
VAMPS!!!!!!!!! 🔥🔥 I'm digging it already!!!!!! Wish all the volumes were just in one book but can't wait for more! ...more
Rebecca
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 rounded up

Ok, I hadn’t realised how much I had missed vampire stories. They are back and with style!

A Whisper in the Dark is the first short in a series of 4 books in the Charlie Travesty series. This was the perfect opening and introduction. I’m so excited to read the rest of the series.
Melissa
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
(Do I need to say this is the review of an eARC? Dunno. But it is. Regardless, my opinions here are honest and entirely my own.)

I'm always a little leery about co-authored books despite the fact that I've never actually read a bad one. This was no exception. It flowed smoothly, no jarring transitions or style changes. And that's about where my ability to talk technical stuff ends.

The world reminded me of so much. It was like an nuanced meal where I could taste flavors of things I've had before b
Elise
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first part of the Charlie Travesty series did not mess about. Straight in there with the hook!

Like no vampire tale I’ve read before, this world is run by the vampires and they are definitely not hiding. The series has so much potential and I’m really excited to see how it evolves in the next part.

I feel so invested in Charlie already, she is such a likeable character and I’m completely rooting for her in this unknown world she’s found herself in.

I just want to know more about this world and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Restless Slumber (Fortuna Sworn, #2)
  • Deadly Dreams (Fortuna Sworn, #3)
  • Fortuna Sworn (Fortuna Sworn, #1)
  • Twisted Devotion (Twisted, #4)
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • A Secret in Onyx (Onyx Trilogy, #1)
  • Divine Blood (Guardians of the Maiden, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • A Truth In Ruby ( Onyx Trilogy, #2)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Monster (Her Dark Fae Prince, #1)
  • Angel in Embers (Supernatural Community #4)
  • Stone Sentinel (Beautiful Monsters #3.5)
  • Pleasure with Business
  • Circle of Shadows (Circle of Shadows, #1)
  • Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku, Vol 1 (Otakoi: Otaku Can't Fall in Love?!)
  • Daughter of No Worlds (The War of Lost Hearts, #1)
Jessi Elliott is a YA and new adult paranormal romance author.

She lives in Ontario, Canada with her adorable calico cat, Phoebe.

When she's not working on her next book, she likes to hang out with friends and family, get lost in a steamy romance novel, watch Friends, and drink coffee.

You can find Jessi at www.jessielliott.com, on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can join her newsletter to stay

Charlie Travesty (4 books)
  • A Light in the Dusk (Charlie Travesty, #2)
  • A Memory in the Flame (Charlie Travesty, #3)
  • A Sacrifice in the Smoke (Charlie Travesty, #4)