Start by marking “Working Stiffs” as Want to Read:
Working Stiffs

Working Stiffs

An M/M vampire romance charity anthology.

Not all vampires are idly rich. Some of them have day jobs. Er, night jobs.

In a world struggling to come to grips with the existence of vampires, where reactions range from excitement to fear to determined disbelief, these vampires are just trying to make ends meet. Some of them do mundane work - like waiting tables or driving a c
Published May 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Working Stiffs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Working Stiffs

Start your review of Working Stiffs
Tinnean
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've pre-ordered this in support of this cause and in response to the actions of the "stable genius" in the white house. Review to follow at some point after its release.

Okay, finished it. Overall, I'd give it a 4. Most of the stories were excellent--a 4-5 star rating, but a couple were obvious cliffhangers or lead-ins to the actual story, and I'd rate them lower, although not simply for that.

All in all, I'm glad I purchased it
True Loveislovereview
Shelves: lgbtq, 2020, vampires
All proceeds donated to the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund

What a joy! Having the opportunity to read this anthology full of vampires! I looooove vampires!
All stories were diverse and all about vampires! READ THEM!

How to Keep an Author (Alive) by AJ Sherwood

Live-in apartment on third floor available, if requested. Free of charge. Pay was $80,000 a year.
That’s what Justus our dear vampire wants, to live in Nashville and who’d known later on also being close to the au
Rachel Emily
ETA: Taking a break from this one to move on to something different for a while. I might come back to this when I just want a short story to read. I read about half of the stories, and overall I did enjoy them. If you like vampire stories, this one is for a great cause - sales are going to the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, so definitely pick this one up!

A great anthology for an even greater cause. Love me some vampires and this is a great group of authors!

How to
Caz
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, aar, queer-romance, arc, pnr
I've given this a B at AAR.

Review to follow at AAR.Working Stiffs : An m/m vampire charity romance anthology is a collection of thirteen short stories and novellas, and proceeds from sales will go to the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.  I generally find anthologies to be a mixed bag and that’s true of Working Stiffs; given there are thirteen stories, I’m going to limit myself to talking in detail about the ones I liked best (or we’d be here all day!)

All the storie
Trio
Shelves: arc-r2r, mm-romance
Reviewed this one with my friends at KEBB, the entire review can be found here

For my part I reviewed How To Keep an Author (Alive) by AJ Sherwood
Rating: 4 Hearts

In How to Keep an Author (Alive), AJ Sherwood's playful and lighthearted nature really shines through. This is my first experience with Sherwood’s writing, and I see I’ve been missing out!

When Justus is sent to his new job, he’s immediately drawn to his boss. Scatterbrained and completely oblivious, author JD Cooper is a hot mess and Jus
Jay
Shelves: kebb, mm-romance
Graveyard Cops by Crystel Greene

Twenty-one since 1900, police officer Jesse Hendricks works the graveyard shift out of necessity in Graveyard Cops by Crystel Greene. He and his patrol partner Angelico “Lico” DiMarco, secretly harbor a mutual crush they conceal with witty banter and self-loathing – Jesse hates being a vampire.

Lico is forever teasing Jesse about his immortality, but he doesn’t believe vampires exist, so Jesse is well aware there isn’t a future for them. Their pairing is endearin
Kazza
This is an anthology for a really good cause, kudos to the authors for that, so I pre-ordered a copy. I probably won't rate it overall as it's too hard. Perhaps I'll write a few lines on each story when I've got the time.

I actually enjoy and admire the art of short storytelling. So I have mixed feelings about this anthology overall. While some of these were good little stories in their own right, some were nothing more than a sampler. And like most anthologies I've read over the years, some of
Annie Maus
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed the book with a crew. These are the shorts I undertook:

"Bad Decision" by H.L Day

Have you ever seen a caricature artist capture a person’s essence in a few deft strokes? H.L Day does the literary equivalent in her novella "Bad Decision" released as part of the Working Stiffs anthology. In approximately 57 pages (per my e-reader), H.L crafts full personalities (or vampiralities?), plus a deliciously creepy world of seduction and betrayal.

When cabbie Alessandro picks up gorgeous, rain-d
Love Bytes Reviews
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Kimberley

Let me start this review off by saying that I will NOT offer reviews for each individual story because doing so will make this review far too long and honestly, with this anthology consisting of 13 stories with almost 500 pages of wonderfully written novellas featuring ordinary working class beautiful vampires, it would be virtually impossible to offer opinions on each one without retelling the stories. And really? All of them are really well written. The characters, dialogu
Smut Librarian
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dial a Vamp by Roberta Blablanski is a hot, fast-paced read with lots of gasp-worthy moments for such a short story.

Caleb has a fantasy, so he calls the sex line to try to role-play being bitten by a vampire during sex. Little does he know that “Ronaldo” is the perfect sex-line worker for this fantasy!

Wyatt is in a rut. A big one. Nothing has stirred this vampire’s libido for 40 years, until Caleb calls him during his job as a sex-call worker. And when he discovers the very human Caleb is in a r
Faye K
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars... A great bundle of mixed vampire anthologies in this book from the authors. The majority I hadn't read authors before marked are with an * .
There are some writers who I'll be following from this anthology in the future.
👌* How To Keep and Author- A.J Sherwood- Justus gets a new job with JD Cooper. An okay story, time jumps included (not a fan off sorry)
♥️* Long Haul - Tanya Chris- Vlad helps Silver out of a horrible spot and keeps his boy. A great short story.
♥️🔥 Overexposed K. Ev
Grace
Average of 1.53 stars so I'm rounded up. Barely.

Got this anthology to read/support an author I really enjoy. While I was here, I figured I'd read the rest, since I'd not heard of any of the other authors. Safe to say, I won't be checking out any of their other works. A word of advice to writers participating in short story anthologies: learn how to actually write a short story and don't just assume it's like an easier/quicker regular novel. Y'all are showing your asses and, frankly, actually ali
Cee Brown
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
*´¨✫)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)
✮ (¸.•´✶They're Alive!!! No, really?

Overall...Just over 10 hours of bloody pleasure.

I will always run toward books about vampires. The concept of having vampires who reported to an agency and lived by rules, no matter their age, was brilliant. To have stories of different walks of life, excellent. Each story had its own take on what it's like to be a vampire and a spun tale of what life was both before and after the turning. Not all stories had a good beginning for the va
A.E. Bross
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, this was a really enjoyable collection to read. The plight of the modern working vampire is one we don't normally get to read about, and each of these stories had a different approach to how our fanged-friends are getting along these days. These stories were funny and sad, romantic and steamy, and overall beautifully written and curated together. Were there some that stretched suspension of disbelief a bit further than others? Sure, but overall, this was an great read for a good cause. ...more
Celine
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great book

This was a great collection of short stories.

I really enjoyed each of them, and there is a couple I would have loved to read more of and will definitely be looking for more books from these authors.

Each story varies a lot, from the sweet and cute, to the hot and steamy, with the dark or more action packed in between.

If you love vampires with human partners, I really recommend this anthology
Kaila
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this was soo good.. im a bit off of the vampire world but slowly getting back into it.. and boy am i glad i did because these authors did an amazing job.. plus its a good cause. i loved all the stories.. they made me happy to read and it was lovely and i even found a couple new authors. amazing!
Teresa
Good!

Varied and interesting, this anthology is sure to please vamp lovers. There were a few stories I liked more than others but none I disliked.
Anabela.M.
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dilyana
----- What I Think about the Anthology as a Whole -----

The world in the stories is similar, but not exactly the same when it comes to how vampires react to the sun, their abilities, etc. I suspect the authors discussed what would be common rules on which to set the stories, but each gave their work a bit of a different flavor.

I enjoyed the similar themes, but also the variations in length, POVs (it's usually one per story and it's the vampire's, but a few show us the human's perspective on what'
KC
- Quality Assured by Edie Montreux - DNF
- Fire and Ice
Renee
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As this is a charity anthology, I first want to thank all of these authors for coming together and taking the time to craft such amazing words for a wonderful cause. To all who participated, you have my sincere gratitude.

I loved reading this anthology. There is something for everyone and the authors each brought their unique spin on vampires while keeping a central theme. It is one of the most cohesive anthologies I’ve read. It kept me thoroughly entertained and I highly recommend it. 5 stars f
Mrs.V
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this anthology. I love vampire stories and these 13 short stories were so good. There has been none that has disappointed me in the least, although some I loved better than others.
While all the stories are absolutely stand-alones, the whole anthology revolves around the central theme of vampires working “normal” jobs. None of them is rich, as we’re used to vampires being portrayed, and they all got their jobs through VAMP (Vampire Agency for Mortal Professions), a sort of temp agency em
Phoebe
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love reading and I love a great cause. Stuck in isolation with a bunch of vampires is no hardship when they are Working Stiffs the new anthology which includes stories by: Roberta Blablanski, Tanya Chris, K. Evan Coles, H.L. Day, Lyra Evans, Mel Gough, Crystel Greene, Elliott Griffen, Sadie Jay, Edie Montreaux, Megs Pritchard, A.J. Sherwood, and R.J. Sorrento.

As always, I started this anthology with a swipe of the screen. Luckily for me, I landed on one of my new favorite authors Crystel Green
Betsy Wilce
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited when I was offered an ARC for Working Stiffs, as Vampire stories are my favourite genre. Coupled with the fact that this is a hefty, 13 author anthology, then colour me in reading heaven! Each delicious short story by talented authors we know and love, feature a Vampire at work, having been placed in their various jobs by VAMP: Vampire Agency for Mortal Professions. Each story shows a working vampire in such diverse jobs and professions as a CallCenter operative, cabdriver, ...more
Natosha Wilson
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This anthology of several short stories was so amazing. No story in this book is the same. The only thing they all have in common is one of the main characters is a hard-working, blue-collar vampire and the other main character is human. Other then that each read is as different as night and day. Which, honestly, that is to be expected because each one is by a different author with a different writing style. That is what makes this such a great book.

This anthology contains thirteen different st
Kimmers of Kimmers' Erotic Book Banter
I'm only placing my recommendation for one story, but the entire collections is worth a read.

As a long-haul driver, Vlad is accustomed to early morning stops where he must feed and bed for the day. What he doesn’t expect to encounter in Long Haul is a young man in need of assistance whose warm, enthusiastic, inquisitive nature speak to his loneliness.

Part of the Working Stiffs collection to benefit the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, this short works on the premis
Cheryl Kaiser
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I find anthologies to be a great way to learn about new to me authors. I will admit in this charity anthology, the only author I was familiar with was AJ Sherwood. None of the thirteen novellas were a disappointment, though.
These are not your typical paranormal/vampire M/M romance stories. These vampires must work for a living. We have a variety of occupations covered in these stories. from Doctors to phone sex workers and just about every other profession in between. I find worldbuilding can b
E.Muddle
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best anthologies I've read. It was cohesive, yet each story had its own unique twist. There is humour, mystery, suspense, sexy times, and swoon-inducing romance. I enjoyed reading each story and the premise of vampires co-existing in the human world and working mundane, normal jobs was highly entertaining.

I particularly enjoyed "How to Keep an Author (Alive)" by AJ Sherwood. It was a humorous and lighthearted read, and is just a lot of fun that leaves you smiling at the end.
Heather
May 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
I hate to leave a bad review when an anthology benefits a charity, but honestly the only reason I'm giving it 2 stars is because it's for charity; it would otherwise barely rate 1 star. I've only read a couple of these authors before, and though I generally love an anthology because I can find at least a couple of new authors in one, there's not a single author in here whose books I will check out based on these short stories. Most of them are very poorly written and it's clear that the authors ...more
Kirstin
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Woah, did I love this! It was not what I had been expecting, but it was everything I didn't know I'd been needing! When vampires get jobs, some strange things happen the lead to situations that are unpredictable, yet intriguing, even downright funny.

Roberta Blablanski's story of Wyatt, the vampire who was a phone sex operator was a favorite. Wyatt had a problem keeping his body interested in what his mind was thinking about until one night when Caleb called in, describing a fantasy he had about

• How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta, #2)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology Volume 4
  • Just My Luck
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Marriage Contract
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • Dancing with Daddy
  • Smash & Grab (RELIC #1)
  • All Kidding Aside (Magical Mates #1)
  • Gunnar's Guardian (Protect and Serve, #1)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Love Him Free (On the Market, #1)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #1)
  • The Second and His Bonded (Kincaid Pack, #2)
Roberta Blablanski hails from The Big Easy: New Orleans, Louisiana. She draws inspiration from her colorful hometown and her former life as a college radio DJ. When she isn’t writing, she spends her days searching for the world’s best Bloody Mary and avoiding people she went to high school with. Her normal habitat is curled up in bed with a good book and a cup of coffee.

Roberta developed a love of

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....