Start by marking “No Fox to Give (Swan Lake Mates, #1)” as Want to Read:
No Fox to Give (Swan Lake Mates, #1)

No Fox to Give

(Swan Lake Mates #1)

A brand-new steamy standalone paranormal romance from Domino Taylor, co-creator of the Wild Operatives series.
Exchanging her stable teaching job for life as a starving artist means Madeleine has no time for fun or sexy men. Too bad the hottest creature in all of Texas has moved in next door, and his favorite activity is ruffling her feathers.

Being at the wrong place at
Published July 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about No Fox to Give, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Fox to Give

Start your review of No Fox to Give (Swan Lake Mates, #1)
Somia
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
In witness protection after being at the wrong place at the wrong time Fox shifter Dean finds himself in the rural community of Swan Lake, he’s meant to be keeping his head down, but when he sees the beautiful Swan maiden next door, well, she’s one temptation he can’t resist.

Madeleine much to the disapproval of her mother exchanged her teaching job to become an artist, she has very little time to unwind and have fun, as she attempts to make a success of her passion and new career, but Dean is o
Coco.V
May 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/8/2020)! 🎁
Ju Transcendancing
I liked that it was fluffy and nice, definitely delivered in that department. However, the writing was really clunky and there was for me, not enough romance and I thought hoenstly I'd get a more explicit story. Also, I was disappointed in the paranormal seeming to be an afterthought. ...more
Kelly
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always get so delighted at titles like this. The sly play on words just...it makes me grin, people. I like it. I like it a lot. (and the titles in the rest of the series...YESSSSS.)

But this book isn't all about the title (although it kind of is since...you know what? Never mind. Just go with it.). It's also about shapeshifters (which I love) and sexy dudes with lots of muscles (which, it turns out, I also love) and sassy women who hide their hearts behind sarcasm and scowls (spoiler: I also lo
Shawna Sears
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No Fox to Give is the first in a new series by Domino Taylor (half of the Vivienne Savage writing team) about a small town named Swan Lake inhabited by, you guessed it, mostly swan shifters. I really liked that the main characters in this book were a swan and fox shifter since they're both species you don't see often in paranormal romance.

Madeleine is pretty awesome as a heroine, all around. She's feisty, passionate, driven, and still sweet. I really enjoyed the relationship she had with her bes
Laura Dean
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute and sexy, and pointless drama free!

Could a relaxing read get any better? Dean and Maddie start off as strangers, and in a small town that means gossip and casseroles, but Maddie has been hurt before and Dean is supposed to be keeping a low profile.

I love that there was no fight and run off in anger moment. Things came to a head, but instead of both of them acting out, there was a level head realizing that what they had mattered and it was worth working for. There was no unnecessary drag-ou
Kristi Cramer
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fine romance, just didn't feel like much of a shifter romance. No doubt because it's a story on the short side, and there isn't enough time to go into every depth. The writing is very good, the setup for why Dean was in town was solid, and the romance is fun. I like the characters... I just thought they could have been normal humans instead of shifters, and it would have worked just as well.

I totally recommend if you want a solid, if slightly fluffy, hot romance, fast read... Just don'
Donna Hokanson
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable story

This is a well written self-contained story that's entertaining to read. Sometimes fate brings you to a place in time so you can meet the one that will change your life.
Gigi
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming

‘No Fox to Give,’ is the first novel to the Swan Lakes Mates series... and it really is a captivating beginning! I loved the characters and witty banter between them. I absolutely adored Dean.
Melinda Kaye
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small town romance

This was a wonderful story about a man hiding out and the girl next door. I felt like a part of the town watching two well liked people fall in love - it was magical!
Carilyn
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Story of Dean and Madeline

Due to a criminal court case, Dean is in Witness Protection courtesy of Texas somewhat. He meets his future significant other on th day he moved into a small trailer in Crisis, Texas. Both of them are shifters, she is a Dean and he is a fox.
Maranda Husley
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kept me interested

It’s been awhile since I read a book straight through. Sometimes I skip ahead and get to the end and then read the middle. This book had me reading without skipping and I enjoyed it!
angela gunstone
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No fox to give

Loved the characters and the storyline so can't wait to read more in this series so it's a well deserved five stars and I would recommend this book to everyone
Mim  Crenshaw
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great quick read

This was such a sweet cute romance. It had the right amount of steam and humor to keep me reading till the end. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Veronica
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fur & feathers

A very enjoyable romance, light reading with some giggles as well as more profound moments. A fun new series.
Lynn Smith
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No Fox to Give

What a fun read. I really enjoyed Dean and Maddie. Dean just hiding out in witness protection and Maddie afraid to get involved.
Jamie
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesomeness

Pretty tame compared to other series but it's definitely a wonderfully written romance. Love this new series. Can't wait to read more.
Carol
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fox among Swain

Enjoyed quick read story of a shifter Fox and a Swan falling in love.
Would have given it five, but for some things. Like his profession? Is he a metal artist? A builder (if so, City dwellers here them working beyond norm hours)? What?
Other issues were his past, he did not seem remorseful for selling drugs, just insisted he did not use heavy drugs, but was okay to help others get hooked. An issue with me since I grew up in thick of neighborhood surrounded by it. They do not just d
Adena Lee
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dean ends up in Crisis (what a great name for a town!) with gangsters hot on his tail like Mitch (from Shelly Laurenston’s “The Mane Attraction”) but without the bullet in his body. This is not quite as chaotic as Mitch’s stay in Smithville but Dean, like Mitch, despite being very different from the locals, makes a place for himself in this little town with the help of a local beauty. Unlike Sissy Mae, Maddie has very little self-confidence but with a little pushing from the very foxy Dean, she ...more
Kay
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A little shifter difference.

What a sweet story. Just like peach cobbler and cream for the heart. I loved the fox (Dean) and swan (Maddie) combination. Both characters are memorable, as are the other residents of Crisis, most of whom are also swans. There’s a touch of spice between Maddie and Dean. And there’s a bad guy to stir things up a bit. It’s a keeper!
Kevin
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
This one just rubbed me the wrong way. It's a mf romance between two shifter species. The book seems to be aimed at women desiring hot men who don't mind plumpness in their partners. The expected conflict with the villain never materialized, but just magically disappeared.
Typos: a couple possible continuity errors, some punctuation mistakes, and whelp (give birth) for welp (variation on well).
Carole
Sometimes you just want to read a light, easy, relatively drama-free sexy romance and this book fit the bill. Like the friendships and the energies of the townsfolk, so will read the next book in the series. Final Rating: 3.5 Stars
Alexa Rowan
May 12, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
anne pavlish
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Way to go.

Another beautiful love story. Good character building. Loved little Emma. Good take on small town life. Did I miss the opening of the extended bakery? Oh well. Enjoyed the too short read.
K.C. Riley-Gyer
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fox in a henhouse

What an enjoyable quick read, I’d bought this on a whim as it was different from the usual shifter stories. I liked the story and the characters, and not just the main pair.
Jeannette
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maddie and Dean

This is a very good, well written, shifter romance story. Dean, a fox is in witness protection. Maddie, a swan is a talented artist with a dream. Dean's brother puts him in a rundown trailer next to Maddie's cottage. Read and enjoy this good story.
Joann
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
So adorable

For all the danger he was in I have to say this story is adorable. I can just picture a swan being an Amazon type although I'm still trying to wrap my head around a built fox.
Minga Dotson
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cute, quirky story about a swan shifter and a fox shifter in hiding from the mob.

Well written with good characters and solid place descriptions, this tale also has a solid plot along with the romance. Nice job.
shannon  Stubbs
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cute

I loved the characters Dean and Maddie. The town was even interesting. Who knew being in the witness protection program would lead to love? I just liked the story simple and sweet.
Kitty
Read: May 9, 2020
Rating: 3,5 Stars

This was a super cute read with sweet characters and I loved the idea of swan shifters, I've never come across that before.

• Untamed Instinct (Alaska Alphas #1)
  • Rebecca's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #6)
  • Shift of Fate (Wolfguard Protectors, #1)
  • Moonrise (Moonkind, #1)
  • Baby for the Soldier Cougar (Shifter Nation: Special Ops Shifters: Dallas Force, #4)
  • Black Mesa Wolves (Black Mesa Wolves #1-4)
  • Alien Mischief (Alien Mate, #4)
  • Shifter Shenanigans
  • Blood of Eden (The Guardians, #1)
  • Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby, #1)
  • Where Sleeping Dragons Lie (Dragon Shifters of Elysia, #1)
  • Mated in Mist (Talon Pack, #3)
  • Line of Fyre (Alien Dragon Shifters, #2)
  • Wickedest Witch (Hell's Son, #0.5)
  • The Billionaire Shifter's True Alpha (Billionaire Shifters Club, #5)
  • Bound by Fire (Cauld Ane, #2)
  • Ariel (Nano Wolves, #1)
  • The Alpha's Redemption (The Kincaid Werewolves #3)
Sign up at http://www.viviennesavage.com/newsletter to receive an exclusive, free novel.

Vivienne Savage is a resident of a small town in rural Texas. While she isn't writing fantasy or concocting ways for shapeshifters and humans to find their match, she raises two children and works as a nurse in a rural retirement home.

All works by Vivienne range from urban fantasy and sweet adult romance to spi

Swan Lake Mates (3 books)
  • What the Flock (Swan Lake Mates, #2)
  • Just a Little Hawkward (Swan Lake Mates, #3)