Start by marking “Border Breach” as Want to Read:
Border Breach

Border Breach

When drugs are smuggled across the border

it’s their duty to stop the culprits…at any cost.

Forming a joint task force, Canada border officer Kaylin Poirier and police constable Hudson Steeves have one objective: take down a drug-smuggling ring trying to sell a new lethal product. But when the smugglers come after Kaylin and Hudson, this mission becomes more than just a job.
Published April 1st 2020 by Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Border Breach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Border Breach

Start your review of Border Breach
Kailey
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was great! It was full of action and fast paced! It kept me on the edge of my seat. I did end up staying up way too late to keep reading it! I really enjoyed reading about Canadian law enforcement officers. I really look forward to reading more from this author! She did a great job!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Kav
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great romantic suspense debut! And I love the Canadian setting and the police procedural vibe that brings insight into casework. Lots of action. Even more dead ends. And a super creepy villain who is always one step ahead. I felt like I was on the ground dodging bullets right along with Kaylin and Hudson. My sleuthing armchair got a great workout but I was still stunned by a certain turn of events. Love it when an author trips me up. And I was feeling all smug about my detective skills to ...more
Connie Saunders
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Darlene Turner has written a suspense novel that has all of the elements that I love: dedicated heroes, unknown villains, criminal acts that must be stopped, and non-stop action. Kaylin Poirier and Hudson Steeves are both strong characters individually and as a team they are unbeatable but it is their personal characteristics that make them so special. Hudson's moral compass is based on his deep trust in God and Kaylin's personal doubts help lend realism as she struggles to find and develop her ...more
Nicole
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations as part of the JustRead Blog Tour

“It didn’t matter what she had done in her life, He would always be there for her. No matter what.”

With non-stop action and gripping suspense, author Darlene L. Turner pens an intense tale of corruption and drug smuggling across the border. In Darlene L. Turner’s debut novel, Border Breach, Canadian law enforcement and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) join forces to take down a drug smuggling operation that is ope
Toth Jo-Ann
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-books-read
This is a great book to read. Its fast paced and alot of action. I really enjoyed meeting Canadian Border Patrol Kaylin Poirier and Police constable Hudson Steeves. The plot has alot of twists that keeps you guessing to the end. It has a few surprises in it. I like that its dealing with a new part of the Canadian government. It has some neat things that are happening that are relevant for today. Its dealing with a drug problem that is a ongoing problem today. I like how she brings out Kaylin's c ...more
Faye
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Canadian Border Agent Kaylin Poirier and Constable Hudson Steeves must join forces to stop a deadly drug ring, with a lethal new product on the market. Kaylin and Hudson have worked together in the past, to disastrous results, but as they work on the case they become targets themselves and have to catch the culprits before they become the next victims.

Kaylin is a strong and capable young woman, and draws inspiration and motivation from the pain of her past. She is very conscientious and devoted
Wilani Wahl
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sit on the edge of your seat suspense at it's finest. Impossible to put down. The evil just kept coming at the main characters. Would they solve the crime in time before more lives were lost. The ending at a surprise twist I never saw coming. The Inspirational thread is terrific. It is well written and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Lori
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author that I really enjoyed! I will be looking for more from her in the future because that's how well she writes.
I really enjoyed this book and I finished in a few hours. I think I finished about 2 in the morning.
This book will have you holding your breath and rooting for these awesome characters at the same time! You won't believe who the person is and it's not who you will think it is if that makes any sense. Lots of twists and turns that will keep you on your toes an
Caitlyn Santi
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wowza! This book is FABULOUS!
Before I finished the first chapter I knew I was going to love this book, and love it I did!
The suspense was never ending and SOOOO good, I was totally on the edge of my seat from start to finish and couldn't stop reading! And I have to say that I was totally shocked by the identity of one of the villains, and that doesn't happen often because I read a lot of suspense books, well done!
This book has the perfect blend of suspense, romance, faith, and character develop
Melissa
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: li-suspense-read
Border Breach is a story about a CBSA Agent named Kaylin Poirier. While she is allowing visitors into Canada, a floral van approaches and tries to kill her. They get away and she becomes part of a task force to bring down a drug ring. Her partner is Hudson Steeves. A person she didn't want to work with again. Though they had a difficult case before, things are different now. They soon discover to work together and bring down the drug kingpin. It's a very suspenseful book and will keep you on you ...more
Debb Hackett
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really good debut. I was gripped right away and then intrigued as the body count grew. I enjoyed the main characters and the personal journeys they went on and, impressively, didn’t figure out who the baddie was until it was revealed. I’ll definitely be looking out for more by Darlene Turner.
Susan Snodgrass
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
‘She needed proof of God’s existence. She just couldn’t believe in an entity who supposedly watched over her.’

In Darlene L Turner’s debut, a Canadian constable and border officer join forces to bring down a drug smuggling ring. But at every turn they are thwarted in their attempts. And threatened. Even injured. How can they hope to accomplish this task if they are being hunted down and nearly killed at every turn?

Turner has written a believable novel populated with good characters and a plot th
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
So I’ve read a ton of books, but never anything by Darlene Turner and boy, have I been missing out! The book starts off with Canada border officer Kaylin Poirier doing the same job she does everyday, checking to ensure that no one is smuggling anything (especially drugs) into Canada; however, little did she know that a vehicle was going to cross her border that would change her life forever.
Overall, the book has an engaging, “edge of your seat” kind of plot and it starts within the first chapter
Suzie Waltner
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Border Breach, Darlene L. Turner takes readers into the world of Canadian law enforcement officers and their joint tasks forces while taking readers on an adventure they won’t forget.

Kaylin and Hudson have met before and neither has a pleasant memory of their previous work together. But when someone takes a shot at her, the two are thrust back into each other orbits to find the head honcho of the drug-smuggling ring.

High energy and fast paced, Turner’s first Love Inspired Suspense book hits a
Dawn Leonard
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great debut book by Darlene L. Turner! Border Breach has non-stop action from the first page that make the book hard to put down. Great hero and heroine characters that you would want protecting you. In addition, the characters have real struggles including the need to forgive and to trust. The drug smuggling storyline fits into current events. I hope this is the first of many inspirational suspense books from Darlene L. Turner.

I received a free e-copy of this book from the author. I was not req
Inspirationalfictionreader
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Border Breach by Darlene Turner will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time you’re reading it! Every time I started to relax a bit, something unexpected would happen! I loved that this story was set in Canada! I haven’t read many books set there and the different setting made for a nice change!

I really liked both main characters and that they each had interesting backstories. I also liked that they had worked together in the past so they already knew each other. As for the bad guy, I
Emily Yager
A fast-paced suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Katlin and Hudson are two strong and unique characters. Forgiveness and Grace are two major themes that flow throughout the plot.

This is a fantastic debut novel. That had plenty of heartfelt moments woven along with the suspense, and an unexpecting twist that really surprised me. This is a well written book and I am looking forward to what this author will bring to us next.
Kay Garrett
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
BORDER BREACH by Darlene L. Turner is the amazing, fast paced story of Canada Border Officer Kaylin Poirier and police constable Hudson Steeves as they work together to crack a drug-smuggling ring.

Kaylin Poirier has a lot to prove, to her department, to her father and to herself. Her time living on the streets gave her determination and her time living with Diane, when she took her in, gave her hope for a future which led her to applying for the job with CBSA. The one thing she hasn’t found is f
Laurie Wood
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
In true Love Inspired Suspense fashion, the action never lets up from page one to the end. Canadian border patrol officer Kaylin Poirier and police constable Hudson Steeves must work together to find the drug smugglers responsible for bringing a lethal new version of heroine into Canada. Debut author Darlene L. Turner keeps the action rolling from one shoot-out to the next. We never know where the danger is coming from, and Kaylin and Hudson must navigate both their combustible investigation alo ...more
Lisa
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Border Breach is the debut book from Darlene Turner. What a way to introduce readers to this talented new author.

Border Breach takes us to the northern border between Canada and the U.S. Canadian border officer Kaylin Poirier and Constable Hudson Steeves are paired together in a task force to stop a drug smuggling ring that crosses borders and destroys lives.

This story will keep you guessing. It will pull you in for the emotions evoked for such a devastating subject. The characters are well writ
Heather Pickett
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kaylin Poirier is a Canadian Border Agent. I’ve never read a book with this profession before, so I was excited to start reading. Drugs are being smuggled across the border, and her police captain father (with whom she has a tenuous relationship) assigns her to partner up with Constable Hudson Steeves. They worked a case together in the past, and she was NOT looking forward to working with him again. Hudson has found renewed faith in the Lord since then. Kaylin is letting her past prevent her fr ...more
Melony
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I dove right in when this book arrived in the mail and finished it in a couple of days. I'd never read about border patrol officers before, so I found that rather interesting. And I mean, look at that swoony cover. How could I resist?
Kaylin Poirier and Hudson Steeves have a lot to deal with in this romantic suspense, not only in joining forces and stopping drug smugglers but also dealing with their pasts. The last time they worked together didn't go well. Kaylin particularly has a lot to come t
Carrie Tripp
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts on Border Breach by Darlene L. Turner
Suggested Beverage Pairing: Canadian Apple (non-alcoholic)
Characterization
Canada border officer Kaylin Poirier doesn’t believe in God. How could she when no one has ever stuck around for her? Why would an invisible God?

Kaylin struggles to trust people. She hasn’t had many people in her life who have deserved her trust. The last time she had to work with Hudson Steeves, he wasn’t on a list of trust either. This time she discovers he’s a Christian.
Phyllis
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Trouble at the border

Darlene L. Turner is a new author for me. Intrigued by the description of Border Breach, I decided to give it a read.

I grew up in Southern California and experienced border checks anytime we traveled between Orange and San Diego Counties and had never really considered the various things the agents were looking for. Honestly, I mostly just considered the checks an inconvenience. I now have a new perspective about the function of these "annoying" checks and admire the men and
Pam
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I will be totally honest and state that I’m not 100% certain if I have ever read a novel by Darlene L. Turner. I have been reading Love Inspired Suspense for years so I have lost track of what I have and have not read. Based on Border Breach I plan to remedy that and plan to read more by this talented author.

Action began quickly during the very first chapter and the suspense escalated throughout the book. The plot was riddled with hints but not only were the characters misled by many of them but
Hallie Szott
In all this current uncertainty and chaos, it is the perfect time to indulge in the type of book that lets you expect the bad guys will get caught and the good guys will fall in love. Yes, Border Breach is full of twists and questions and danger, but I never doubted the story would lead to a much-needed happy ending.

Canadian border officer Kaylin Poirier and police constable Hudson Steeves reluctantly join forces to thwart a dangerous drug-smuggling ring. It proves to be no easy task, putting th
Alisha
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The storyline kept me on my toes; not knowing who did it or what was coming next! Always nice to read a story that is based in Canada and showcases our law enforcement! 🇨🇦 😁
Iola
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-new-author
Kaylin Poirier is a border patrol officer on the US/Canadian border with a particular passion to stop the import of illegal drugs after her brother died. Kaylin knows something is off when she stops a suspicious-looking van on the border and finds the driver has a photograph of her. But she doesn’t expect to become a target after the van crosses the border illegally …

Hudson Steeves is a police constable assigned to work with Kaylin to find the missing van, which belonged to a local florist. He’s
Glenda Parker
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My review today is on the Love Inspired Suspense, Border Breach. This is Darlene's first book with LIS. I enjoyed this book very much and look forward to her next one. This story is well written, action packed and full of faith. I know you are going to love it.

Canada Border Officer Kaylin Poirier is serving at a border booth when a white florist van comes to the booth. Their paperwork seemed okay but the men refused to make eye contact then a Detector Dog Service Officer and his K-9 walk by and
Loretta Eidson
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darlene shows off her creative skills in this well-written romantic suspense novel. The opening pages drew me in and kept me on my toes. Kaylin and Hudson’s backstories give them relatable emotions as they struggle with inner turmoil. The plot will have your head spinning with the realities of a drug made from poppy straw called Doda, and a deadly cartel who will stop at nothing to obtain this drug.
Kaylin is assigned to team up with Hudson and find the cartel who breached the Canadian border. S

• Justice Undercover
  • Plain Refuge (Amish Country Justice #8)
  • Copycat Killer (True Blue K-9 Unit: Brooklyn #1)
  • Secrets Resurfaced
  • Texas Twin Abduction
  • Covert Cover-Up
  • Canyon Standoff (Love Inspired Suspense)
  • Untraceable Evidence
  • Finding the Road Home (Hearts of Oklahoma, #1)
  • Don't Keep Silent (Uncommon Justice, #3)
  • The Heart of a Hero (Global Search and Rescue, #2)
  • Falsely Accused (FBI: Special Crimes Unit #5)
  • Witness Protection Unraveled (Protected Identities)
  • Guarded by the Soldier (Justice Seekers Book 2)
  • Rocky Mountain Revenge
  • Cave of Secrets (Love Inspired Suspense)
  • Backlash (Capital Intrigue, #2)
  • Accidental Target
Darlene L. Turner is an award-winning author and lives with her husband, Jeff in Ontario, Canada. Her love of suspense began when she read her first Nancy Drew book. She’s turned that passion into her writing and believes readers will be captured by her plots, inspired by her strong characters, and moved by her inspirational message. You can connect with Darlene at www.darlenelturner.com where the ...more

News & Interviews

“God has forgiven you. Why can't you do the same and believe in yourself?” 0 likes