Start by marking “The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)

The Bribe

(Calamity Montana #1)

Duke Evans didn’t expect to interrupt a beautiful woman in a staring contest with a bison on his favorite hiking trail. He also didn’t expect to see her again after rescuing her from the surly beast. As the sheriff in Calamity, Montana, he’s had his fair share of surprises but none as pleasant as pulling over a shiny black car and finding his mysterious hiking companion be ...more
Published October 15th 2020 by Devney Perry LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Bribe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bribe

Start your review of The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
In public, you’re Jade. But behind closed doors, you’re—”
I shook my head. “Mine.”

I have a love affair with all things Devney Perry, so when I saw she's releasing a new series under a pen name, I was beyond thrilled. I live for her small town romances. The Bribe was a sweet romance with a swoony hero and a country singer in hiding set in the charming town of Calamity and plenty of amazing secondary characters.
I was a woman running through a storm,
Lauren
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I shook my head. “Mine.”

Not going to lie each and every Devney Perry (even is shes Willa Nash in this case) book I read just gets better and better.

It's so weird to me that she writes a lot of things I typically don't like. A lot of insta- love and overly dramatic small towns with too many kidnappings and stalkers.
BUT IT JUST WORKS. I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Stumbling across a beautiful woman on a hiking trail in
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

🖤Follow me on Instagram for more edits🖤

When it comes to small town romance Devney Perry is the one for me. I just love her books.
There is no misunderstanding, no miscommunication, no nonsense drama , the story is fast paced and flows easily.

This new series is set in Calamity, Montana. The romance revolves around Duke,the sexy sheriff of Calamity and Jade Morgan ( Lucy Ross) a famous country music singer that ran away from her problems in Nashville and took another identity in the smal
Carvanz
No one does small town romance better than Devney Perry, make that Willa Nash, as they are one and the same! Ms. Nash gives us the same amazing writing, characters, heart, laughter, and drama all wrapped up in a story that kept me turning pages until the very end.

Wild bison set to return to UK woodlands - Discover Wildlife

I tend to be all about the hero but this author has a talent for making me fall in love with her heroines and she did it once more. With her need to protect, her own struggle to embrace who she was and her early uncertainty about the h
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Cheesy gestures' Stars!
ARC provided via Valentine PR in exchange for an honest review.

As I expected, Devney Perry's debut in Kindle Unlimited as Willa Nash was an amazing read and a wonderful start to her new series. Now, after reading quite a lot of her books, I have to say I always know where to go if I want an addicting, sweet and sexy small-town romance. Willa Nash's first novel is no exception, it was the start of my love for Calamity and its residents. Get ready to fall in love with Duk
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly, missy
Devney Perry has mastered the art of small town romances. If you were afraid that some of that magic might be lost while writing under Willa Nash? Fear not – it’s all still here, and it was so good!

Loyal readers will be tickled by some nods to Devney Perry’s previous books. New readers will have no problem settling into this new series. These characters are 100% lovable, their story is relatively angst free, and there’s just enough suspense to keep things snappy. I thought I had figured out how
✰ Liz ✰
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Full review to come!!!

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

Rozzberry
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it

I finally dived into my first Devney Perry book, The Bribe. Leave it to me to begin with her first under a new pen name.

Anyhoo...

In the broad overview, DP/WN seamlessly created a captivating view into the small town of Calamity, MT & how its community is woven together with a good variety of personalities & connections. Add an element of suspense of our heroine being on the run, it was quite enjoyable & a very solid first read.

As for Duke & Lucy’s romance...
I liked it — I did. Both a
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story speaks to your heart in soft lyrical whispers. Touches your soul with tender touch of soulful sentiments. Willa not only raises the heat but also gives love a chance to thrive in its purity and goodness.
A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet, and a good writer under any pen name would write just as good. Devney writes as Willa Nash, an intoxicating and spellbinding tale of love running scared and finding her safe haven in the arms of this alpha male cop.

"Calamity was m
Elle's Book Blog
My Rating: 5 Stars
Genre/Tropes: Small Town Romance

Being back in Montana with another Devney Perry (aka WILLA NASH) read is like visiting old friends. Willa Nash brings us right back to some of our favorite settings in THE BRIBE and has certainly charmed the hell out of me! I love how she makes her stories feel not only cozy, but realistic and swoony as well. This is exactly what we get here and so much more.

It’s comes as no surprise to me that I’ve fallen hard and fast for another one of the a
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Willa Nash Fans, Devney Perry Fans, Romance
4 Wishing Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free- A Quick Review
I can tell from the start if a book is going to click with me. If the beginning captures my imagination and I feel like I care about what happens next, then I am all in. Willa Nash accomplished that task and this was a very enjoyable read.
Willa Nash is USA Today Bestselling Author Devney Perry’s alter ego

You have a very famous country music star who decided to take her career and life back from all the people who had been managing it and hide o
Kayla Brunson
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020, romance, arc
Between the cover and the synopsis, I knew I had to get my hands on this book. I’m so glad that this held up to my expectations and I ended up really enjoying this.

I’m a sucker for small towns in my romances and I fell in love with Calamity! There’s something about Perry/Nash that really knows how to make me fall in love with a town. I’m so glad that this is going to be a series and we will be getting more of this cute town.

I really enjoyed our characters, Duke and Lucy! The chemistry was there
Amy
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bribe is the debut novel from author Willa Nash and it follows the story of Duke and Lucy.

When we first meet up with Lucy, she’s on the run from Tennessee. Lucy goes to Calamity, Montana with the hopes of laying low and putting her past behind her. What she didn’t plan on was the handsome sheriff named Duke. Duke knows there is more to Lucy than meets the eyes and wants nothing more than to figure out what her story is. The more time Duke and Lucy spend together, the hotter their chemistry b
gretareadsromance
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books-read
Small town romances are my jam and Willa Nash (aka Devney Perry) is coming in hot with her debut book The Bribe!

Duke is a small town sheriff who is sweet as pie and willing to give the shirt off his back to anyone in his town. Lucy is on the run from her crazy life as a famous singer and Calamity, Montana seemed the perfect place to unwind. When a herd of buffalo brings these two into each others sites there is no looking back. Duke seems like such an excellent guy and even cares for his ex’s so
Keri Loves Books
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this Willa Nash debut. This story was drama, suspense and small town romance that makes you fall in love with Calamity, Montana. Duke and Lucy were destined for each other.

Lucy is running from her life. What better place to start over than Calamity, Montana. Being a music superstar isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. She’s tired of the rat race and being what her label wants her to be. She just wants to be Lucy Ross. Unfortunately to hide out, so that she can start over, she has to prete
Stephanie
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! I love Perry’s work and couldn’t wait to dive into this one under her new pen name. I loved the small town vibes and of course the little bits of suspense thrown in as well... I just wish it was sexier! Duke was a delicious hero but I am also really curious about Hux! AND THAT CAMEO FROM JESS! I died! my favorite Perry hero.

Ugh February can’t come soon enough!
Natasha Mahadeo
The Bribe
Willa Nash (Devney Perry) has given us yet another golden story. This book is different with way of story telling yet still fucking awesome.

This small town romantic story was packed with so much that could keep you entertained and not get bored.

Duke is the small town sheriff that enjoys the peace and Quiet that the town has that's until Jade rolls into town, and what a bang up meeting these two have. From the first chapter you will be giggling like a school girl.
Jade who is Lucy Ross a
Gretchen  (About That Story)
The Bribe was so sweet and swoon-worthy with a fantastic mix of suspense and emotion mixed in. I loved all the fun, entertaining moments too. Excellent read!

That first chapter was a riot, pulling me in and making me want to learn everything about Lucy and Duke. Duke was the sweetest and oh so sexy! Seriously, this man, I ate up every scene with him in it. He was so caring and protective, a genuinely good guy. I loved Lucy and the build to learning her secret, I was on the edge of my seat as ever
Siobhan
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Bribe is the first book in Willa Nash’s Calamity Montana series, and it was a story that had me seriously hooked. I was pulled in from the very first page, and happily powered my way through this one in no time.

On the surface, The Bribe is a sweet small-town romance. Although that is certainly true, there is much more to the story than first appears. There are plenty of deeper elements that come into play, ensuring you’re gripped on every aspect. From the musician falling for the sheriff ang
Catherine Cowles
Devney Perry writing as Willa Nash has created the perfect small-town escape in The Bribe. Combining her gorgeous prose with scorching chemistry and edge-of-your-seat suspense, she makes it impossible to put this book down.

Also, I listened on audio and the narrators were incredible, only taking this story to the next level. I can't wait to see what's in store next in Calamity, Montana!
AJ
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I shook my head. “Mine.”

5 spine-tinglingly awesome stars!

OMG, I love this book! Fantastic characters, epic chemistry, a sexy, fun and functional romance with heaps of passion, all the feels, no angst, and a touch of suspense just to make it exciting. I felt so good reading this book, full of eager anticipation, swept up in swoon, and madly in love with the story, and I’m still riding the high. Whether writing as Devn
Kari Wicked Reads & Dreams
4.5 Stars

The Bribe is book one in Calamity Montana, a brand new series from Willa Nash. But who is Wills Nash, have no fear because it’s a from an old favorite Devney Perry. She has made me a lover of small town romances. She paints such beautiful scenes, entertaining characters and fantastic storylines.

I got a glimpse of The Bribe in the One More Step Anthology and knew I needed more. I’m first it’s Devney and second I immediately was intrigued by the sneak peek. The Bribe was nothing like I
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4.5 STARS!

✨ AVAILABLE NOW! ✨
IMG-20200826-121209-947

With her signature small town loving, Devney Perry has picked up the pen as Willa Nash giving readers The Bribe, a story with twists, adventure, and dare I say a bit more wild!

Lucy Ross and her best friend Everly are hiking through Yellowstone when they become stuck on the path of bison. Duke Evans witnesses their distress and comes to their aid. From that moment, there's an instant attraction between Duke and Lucy. But Lucy is running away and trying to hide her
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„As long as there is a beat in my heart and breath in my lungs, you’ll never be alone.”

In her debut novel, Willa Nash takes us to picturesque Montana, which immediately captivates us with its small-town charm. The author has created an epic love story that is as heartwarming as it is suspenseful, because the story of a sexy sheriff and famous country singer, although totally swoon-worthy, is shrouded in mystery and danger. And solving the riddle combined with simultaneous falling in love wit
Kate R
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Wow, this was fantastic! This is a new series by author, Devney Perry, under her pen name, Willa Nash. It’s set in a small town in Montana: Calamity. I actually have not read any Devney Perry books but I have obviously been missing out. Everything about this was impressive. The writing was incredible. She has a way with details that paints a picture easily in your mind. I felt like I was in Calamity, Montana. The characters and storyline were perfect. It was just all great.

Country singer Lucy R
Stacie
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4+ "Small Town Life" Stars!

Loved it! I do love me a small town sheriff. Can't wait for the next book!
Happy reading!
Izzie d
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Red Cheeks Reads
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

Willa Nash may be the alter ego of USA Today Bestseller, Devney Perry, but her writing style is the wonderfully familiar blend of emotion, heat and suspense that I’ve come to adore about her storytelling. From the small town backdrop and the endearingly down-to-earth characters, her books are as much a love letter to Montana as they are a love story, and through her words and descriptions, I’ve fallen hard for this state, one I’ve never set foot in.

The Bribe kicks off the brand-new Ca
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Lucy Ross is a famous country singer but her stardom came with a hefty price tag. Lucy came to Calamity looking for peace and quiet and hide from the music world for an unknown amount of time ...
While on a hike Lucy ran into bisons who was blocking her trail. Here comes a sexy knight and shinny armor Duke who helped her out. They nearly locked lip at the end of the trip but alas they parted way.
I really like Duke. He is caring, thoughtful and protective - every swoon-worthy quality you want in
We Like them Dark Book Blog
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I absolutely ADORED this small town romance. I went into this completely blind-but I knew this author was insanely talented just from reading other works under her previous name. I knew to expect amazing-and that’s certainly what we’ve gotten.
Duke and Jade-Lucy, were some of the most lovable characters I’ve read in a while. We’re introduced to them during a chance meeting, and we’re just as surprised as them when we find them thrown together again. I fell fast and hard-this couple had some seri

• Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
  • Muses & Melodies (Hush Note, #3)
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)
  • Take A Number
  • Perfect Wreckage (Wrecked #2)
  • Heart Strings
  • Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)
  • I Promise You
  • The Right Player
  • Fallen
  • Pride and Papercuts (The Austens, #5)
  • Flirting with 40
  • Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek #1)
  • Out of Love
  • Single Dad Seeks Juliet
  • Good Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #3)
  • Only One Kiss (Only One, #1)
Willa Nash is USA Today Bestselling Author Devney Perry’s alter ego, writing contemporary romance stories for Kindle Unlimited. Lover of Swedish Fish, hater of laundry, she lives in Washington State with her husband and two sons. She was born and raised in Montana and has a passion for writing books in the state she calls home.

Don’t miss out on Willa’s latest book news. Subscribe to her newsletter

Calamity Montana (2 books)
  • The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)