Start by marking “Deadly Spells and a Southern Belle (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:

Deadly Spells and a Southern Belle

(Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery #1)

Escape to Witch’s Forge, a magical town tucked deep in the heart of Tennessee’s Smoky Mountains.

Only Witch’s Forge isn’t a supernatural paradise—here spells backfire, kudzu bites and magic is broken.

That is, until Charming Calhoun arrives.

Charming has everything a Southern Belle could ask for—a thriving matchmaking business and great employees.

But when one of he
Published July 7th 2019 by LADYBUGBOOKS LLC

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Spells and a Southern Belle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Spells and a Southern Belle

Start your review of Deadly Spells and a Southern Belle (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #1)
Donna Foster
Mar 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
A witchy clean read.
Pam
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Charming Calhoun thinks she is a witch with very little powers and her mother (a famous witch) tells her that all the time. However, she is brilliant at math and has turned that expertise into developing a matchmaking formula that never fails. She has been hired by the town of Witch's Forge to save their town by matchmaking their witches into happiness - or something like that.

Only Witch’s Forge isn’t a supernatural paradise— magic is broken, the town is dusty and ev
Angela Griffin
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another fine start

If not for the intro to these characters in the "Lost Southern Magic" series, I never would have tried this book...and that would've been a real shame! Charming and Thorne are well-named and sufficiently engaging to coax the reader further into the series. Aunt Rose is a lovable handful, and mom Glinda seems like a lot of work. The murder mystery is a bit perfunctory; the true intrigue lies in the prophesy and whether it's being interpreted properly. The mayor has the potential
Atlanta Whitlock
Mar 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a new author to me, but what drew me in was the cover and the blurb, so I thought I’d give it a try and honestly, this book is a lot different to all the other witch books I’ve read in the last two weeks. I know that sometimes when authors write in the same genre that sometimes they tend to blend with the other books in that same category unless an author is able to create a whole different world to make it stand out to the rest. And I have to say that this time, Amy Boyles actually mana ...more
Lynda Lippin
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A fun cozy paranormal mystery

I loved this story. Charming Calhoun is a weak witch who runs a very successful matchmaking business.

When her employee goes missing when on assignment in Witch's Forge, Charming goes in to find him and finish the job, soon joined by her aunt, Rose and her mother, Glenda.

There are Magical houses, mandrake caves, vampire police, lots of witches, and a super cute potbelly pig in a great murder mystery.
Kim Loomer
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Witches and Vampires

When Charming Calhoun shows up in the broken town of Witches Forge, she thinks she can fix the problem with her matchmaking skills. She has no idea what she is really in for in this town. I enjoyed this book and all the fun it entailed. Iook forward to reading the next book.
Rhane
Feb 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
A laugh-out-loud paranormal mystery with a bit of romance thrown in

This was a treat. A witch named Charming and a vampire named Thorne come together to solve a mystery and save the town. Charming is a matchmaker that doesn’t seem to recognize the tension between her and Thorne.
Kld2003
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cute beginning to a new series for Amy Boyle. I gave it five stars not for the great writing though the dialogue is very well done but because of its pure entertainment value. It was fun, humorous and compelling and worth the five stars for that alone!
Suzy Ostapower
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A very entertaining read!

Charming Calhoun is a matchmaker for witches. She takes a job in Witches Forge, a town that is cursed and slowly dying. The more she finds out, the stranger the town becomes to her. Amy Boyles is a wonderful writer and I’ve enjoyed every book by her that I’ve read.
Rebecca Goss
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was new to this author but anticipate a long relationship. Charming, a witch, runs her own matchmaking company. When her employee disappears, she travels to a town filled with supernaturals and ran by a handsome vampire. There's mystery, intrigue, romance and plenty of humor. ...more
Patsy Crockett
Mar 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
I loved that the magical town was in the Smoky Mountains. The characters were interesting and the relationship with Charming and the vampire(who is the Chief of Police) is fun. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next book of the series.
Pattie Street
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read

It was a good read. Kept me wanting to read more. Would definitely read more books by this author. Enjoy!
Dodi Dedousis
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
DLD

Her books and characters are so entertaining. Having read several books by Amy and enjoyed all, plan to continue the series.
Marie
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Upbeat

Cute story. However, it took a long time to get to the plot. Once I did the story went at a quicker pace. I enjoyed it.
Brandy Barber
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good

This was a good book. I liked everyone and how the book flowed through out. It was a nice quick quarantine read.
Kristi
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Fairly standard fare for this genre but more poorly written than most.
Sheryl
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Very cute.
Lois Alston
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great story

Charming is most but she solved the mystery. Charming learns more about what is expected in her future and things that happened in her past.
Kayelene Hunt
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Rose hahaha she is like a Golden Girl
PROSPENDOWSKIVOLCANO.NET
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Any Boyles is great you can't help but enjoy her books. A really great and fun read. ...more
LaVonna
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Quirky and kept me reading!

An entertaining mystery with fun characters. I really enjoyed it.
I can't wait to see what happens in the next instalment.
Marsha
Feb 04, 2021 added it
An entertaining magical mystery

I really liked Charming and all the other characters in this book. The mystery was exciting and the story entertaining.
Vicki
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, light read. Fun reading the mischief that these witches managed to get into.
Would recommend
Janet
Feb 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nice light clean paranormal cozy mystery. Just for fun.
James Ross
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amy created a fun read

Amy has developed a unique and exciting plot to go with a wonderful selection of characters to make a story hard to put down.
Charles Yoder
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I thought Charming would have benefitted from a good swift kick now and then, but otherwise I enjoyed the book.
Bk
Mar 13, 2021 added it
Pretty good!
Betty
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Witches and Vampires

A town that is under a spell. Where magic is unpredictable, and no one can leave it,. Then they call in amatchmake. What can go wrong?
Crystal
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
** Read with Kindle Unlimited **
Charming Calhoun heads to Witches Forge, in the beautiful Smoky Mountains, because her employee has gone missing. She received a voice mail from him and when she checked it, found out that it had been sent two days prior, and now he’s not answering his phone.
Charming’s not your average employer. She’s a witch (with very little power) who’s combined her powers with math and is the preeminent supernatural match maker. She’d sent Jimmy to Witches Forge after a plea
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

DEADLY SPELLS AND A SOUTHERN BELLE is the first story in the Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery series. It starts off fast and never, ever slows down from the beginning to the end. Everything you really need to know before picking up this book is in the Cover Description. Inside the book, you’ll discover a true Southern Belle who can out attitude Scarlet O’Hara quite easily – and maybe she has some reasons for that attitude for Charming does not often live

• Barbecue & Brooms (Southern Charms Cozy, #4)
  • A Dangerous Deceit in Faerywood Falls (Mountain Magic Mysteries, #3)
  • Witch out of Luck (Blair Wilkes Mystery #6)
  • The Curious Curse of Faerywood Falls (Mountain Magic Mysteries, #2)
  • A Puzzling Plot in Hillbilly Hollow (Ozark Ghost Hunter, #7)
  • Freaky Reapers (A Mystic Caravan Mystery, #8)
  • The Twisted Tale of Faerywood Falls (Mountain Magic Mysteries, #10)
  • Ghost Mortem (Haunted Everly After #1)
  • A Mysterious Murder in Faerywood Falls (Mountain Magic Mysteries, #7)
  • Beyond the Seer (Magic Island Paranormal Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Charms & Chapters (Library Witch Mystery #2)
  • Ice Cream Floater (An Allegra Darling Cozy Mystery Book 2)
  • Thyme to Kill (Haunted Lodge #1)
  • Grounds for Death (The Magic Bean Paranormal Cozy #2)
  • The Undead Uproar (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery, #5)
  • A Royal Witch (Beechwood Harbor Magic Mystery #7)
  • Ghostly Seas (Harper Harlow and Rowan Gray Mystery Crossover)
  • Better Off Dead (Cori Sloan Witchy Werewolf #4)
Hey, I’m Amy,
I write books for folks who crave laugh-out-loud paranormal mysteries. I help bring humor into readers’ lives. I’ve got a Pharm D in pharmacy, a BA in Creative Writing and a Masters in Life.
And when I’m not writing or chasing around two small children (one of which is four going on thirteen), I can be found antique shopping for a great deal, getting my roots touched up (because that’s

Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery (4 books)
  • Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)
  • Magical Dames and Dating Games (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #3)
  • Some Pig and a Mummy Dig (A Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #4)

News & Interviews

Jenny Lawson is the funniest person you know. And if you don’t know her, just read one of her books and she becomes the funniest person you...