Start by marking “Lost” as Want to Read:
Lost

Lost

(Tom Moon #1)

Detective Tom Moon and his multi-talented team face off against an international crime ring looking to seize control of America's most vibrant city, Miami.

The city of Miami is Detective Tom Moon's back yard. He's always kept it local, attending University of Miami on a football scholarship, and, as a Miami PD officer, protecting the city's most vulnerable.

Now, as the new
Published January 13th 2020 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Lost, please sign up.
Carmen Hicks James Patterson is so well known and he lends this notoriety to other not so well known authors, giving them a chance. There are authors I never would…moreJames Patterson is so well known and he lends this notoriety to other not so well known authors, giving them a chance. There are authors I never would have read otherwise(less)
Carmen Hicks Yes.....
There is an attraction and I look forward to that relationship blossoming slowly(less)

Start your review of Lost
Matt
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
In their latest collaborative effort, James Patterson and James O. Born tackle the world of human trafficking with an American twist. Tom Moon is a Miami PD detective who heads up a multi-agency task force with a focus on international crime. After being able to foil a child trafficking ring at the Miami Airport, Tom takes it upon himself to ensure the children are safely returned. He takes the flight to Amsterdam, where he crosses paths with a Dutch National Police detective who shares his pass ...more
Brenda
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With Miami detective Tom Moon heading the FBI task force on international crimes, his first concern was the human trafficking of children from Europe into the US. At Miami International airport with his team – Stephanie Hall, Anthony Chilleo and Lorena Perez – they could see the person they were after, leading a group of six children through the airport after they’d just landed from Amsterdam.

The arrest that day meant Tom would dig deeply into the crime syndicate, from Miami to Amsterdam and ba
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Really enjoyed this first book im the new series. Set in Miami and Amsterdam was a nice change too.

Fast paced and full of action and twists and turns. Great new characters to get to know. Already looking forward more
Suzanne
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Pretty good, quick read. The human trafficking storyline is intriguing and does give readers a view on how awful the whole crime is and also the disparity in attention it gets compared to many other crimes. Which is a real travesty all around. Would love to read more books based on the subject matter.
Scott
Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Upfront disclosure - I am a pretty avid reader of James Patterson. However, for the purposes of honesty, I get his books from the library because I don’t find him good enough to buy and keep in my library. He’s mind candy – simple, fast-paced, detective and mystery oriented adventures that can be read in about two to three days and easily left behind. Nice escapism, but nothing super memorable.

Now Patterson is kicking off the new decade of the 20’s with a new law enforcement hero fighting crime
Woman Reading
3.5 ☆
Breaking rules had become my hobby

Lost introduces a very likeable law enforcement officer to the thriller genre. Miami police detective Tom Moon heads the newly created inter-agencies FBI task force on international crimes. His main partners are Stephanie, Lorena, and Chilleo, who all hail from agencies familiar with the combustible mix of drugs and guns under the tropical Floridian sunshine.

In this debut novel, Moon's team is trying to break up a human trafficking operation that originat
Cyndi
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
James Patterson has introduced another character in literature. This one is a police detective. In this installment he is trying to break a ring of criminals involved in everything from human trafficking to drugs.
I learned more than I ever wanted to know about human trafficking and how these bad guys lure unsuspecting young people to the U. S. They think they are coming for a better life only to find themselves in the sex trade, or worse. These people kidnap, intimidate and kill to make a prof
Adrienne
Mar 06, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
Did not finish
Howard
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, fiction
4.5 Stars for Lost (audiobook) by James Patterson and James O. Born read by Corey Carthew. This was a wonderful story. I really enjoyed how fast paced it was. The characters were great and lots of action. The narration was great too.
Kay
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A likable new character Tom Moon. Story sets in Miami with human trafficking and Russian related. It was a typical Patterson detective/FBI/law enforcement mystery. Not bad but could use more action.
Laura Rash
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Fairly decent read. I liked the character Tom Moon. A little bit of Reacher with his stature and dealing with stressful situations. Wouldn’t mind a few more books with this group.
Deb
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was pretty good. As always, it was a fast and easy read. It reads like it might be the first of a new series.
Unseen Library
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of Lost from Penguin Random House Australia to review.

From the excellent crime fiction team of James Patterson and James O. Born comes Lost, an enjoyable and thrilling novel that sets a fun new protagonist against the scourge of international human trafficking.

Detective Tom Moon is a Miami man, born and bred, who loves to protect his city. Assigned to lead a new FBI joint task force that’s been set up in the city, his new job is to tackle international crime. However, their job
Virginia Dumais
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very good book
Germaine
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well worth a read
John (Dad of Dragons)
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Got this book Monday at 9pm. Finished it Wednesday at 9pm. It was that good.
Wonda
Jun 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Threw in the towel at a little over half...so damn bored! It has a great premise, BUT it couldn't hold my interested. Literally nothing new here... ...more
Andrew
Below-average Patterson with the Miami equivalent of Michael Bennett. Not the most thrilling thriller ever.
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
With the newly published LOST, we can add yet another memorable character to James Patterson’s oeuvre. The book introduces Miami police detective Tom Moon to crime fiction, and an auspicious introduction it is indeed, beginning with his backstory and continuing through a plot that is very much set in the real world.

Moon, who seems to be modeled (at least partly) after co-author James O. Born --- more on that in a minute --- has been “keeping it local,” to the extent of having been born in Miami
Irene
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks LB&Co for sending me Lost to review . Tom Moon is a great character with law enforcement in Miami , Florida . His goal is to crush an international human trafficking ring after he receives information a group of children are being smuggled into MIA . After returning the children to Amsterdam he returns to Miami with more information to locate another shipment of children being smuggled by ship . With the help of Marie the Amsterdam detective working the case abroad they take down the smu ...more
Bill
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast-paced story with well-drawn characters. I’d like to read more about Tom and his team.
Sindhuja Anbazhagan
It was out of the blue that I got this book! But it was an awesome read and I loved it!!
Nan Williams
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-more
Lost was a most enjoyable and enlightening new novel by James Patterson and his new co-author, James O. Born. I appreciate the attention given to the modern tragedy of human trafficking. The new hero, Tom Moon, is a delight (I love his quotes – that was big in my family as I was growing up) and I’m looking forward to reading future exploits of his.

Good guys and bad guys were well defined, as usual, in Patterson’s novels. Action was credible. Modern technology was used – in a credible way. The en
Karen
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A James Patterson about human trafficking. I always believe that these books are as good as the co-author and in this case, the co-author is a good one.

This book conveys some of the sadness and horror of human trafficking, but doesn't leave you traumatized after reading it.

One of the better "James Patterson" books I've read lately. I can recommend this one!

Seriously people - you can't put out 3-4 books a week and be writing them all yourself, though. I get constant update emails from Amazon and
Karsyn
Typical Patterson. Fast paced for the most part. Quick and easy to read. Not the best, far from the worst, just his, and his co-authors, typical. Been there, done that. Always great for end of the month challenges.
Darren
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book at a book store. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. I liked the variety of characters in it.
Chris Persaud
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
This story was good but if we compared it to Patterson’s other characters in the genre (Cross, Bennett, Boxer, etc), Moon just doesn’t compare yet in my opinion. If there is another book in the series I’ll give it a shot
Karen Kovac
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Was okay...very slow start...sort of chugged along....without a lot of gripping details ....”ho hum ...just keep reading it might get more exciting “....some parts were just plain boring....Action was sporadic at best.... wasn’t all that impressed ,but did like major character.
Jill
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Surprisingly I enjoyed this book. The character was fresh and entertaining. It will interested to see where this series go.
Karen Bayer
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Introdiuced a new character, so I tried it. Not endearing.

• The Manila Deception (James Acton Thrillers #26)
  • Blind Run (Blind Run #1)
  • Celtic Empire (Dirk Pitt, #25)
  • Midnight Son
  • If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
  • The Monogram Murders (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of Three Quarters (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #3)
  • The New Girl (Gabriel Allon, #19)
  • The Fountains of Silence
  • Hysteria (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #2)
  • The Kill Artist (Gabriel Allon, #1)
  • The Bolingbroke Chit (Love Takes Root Book 4)
  • Squirm
  • Troublemaker
  • The Unexpected Mother: A Surrogate Mother Caught Between Science, the Law, and Humanity
  • Innocent in Death (In Death, #24)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo