Start by marking “The Dawn of the End (The Rising #3)” as Want to Read:
The Dawn of the End (The Rising #3)

The Dawn of the End

(The Rising #3)

Once upon a time, in a parallel universe, there existed the continent of Triton. The land was filled with beauty, but it was also splintered by war. Out of the chaos grew a conspiracy to reawaken the Beast, a fearsome creature who wrought only tragedy and devastation. The only way to stop him was to fulfill an ancient prophecy: Triton’s four strongest warriors must wed its ...more
Published July 21st 2020 (first published January 21st 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Dawn of the End, please sign up.
Raven Prophet Yes. KA said sometime this summer, no specific date though.

Start your review of The Dawn of the End (The Rising #3)
Stacey is Sassy
I'd be quite happy if this series went on forever...

The further I've gone on in this series, the more I'm enjoying the way it has been put together. Initially, I struggled with the multiple storylines, characters and narrators but now I wouldn't want it any other way. I love being able to jump from each couple and see how they're handling things and dealing with each new curveball sent their way.

There were definitely issues that had me fuming a time or two, and I can't say I'm particularly happy
Anna lost in stories *A*
This is the third installment in a four books fantasy series all about the same core group of characters and I don’t want to repeat all of the basic informations here again, cause I really just want to focus on my thoughts and feelings, so if you are interested to know more I’m gonna leave the links to my reviews of the first two books:

book #1 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

book #2 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

In the next part of my review I will be talking about this third i
Jess Reads2Much
Ugh, this series is pissing me off yet I can't stop reading it. I'm continually galled by the sexist and overbearing attitude of nearly all the male characters. This is beyond the general alpha male trope, this is actively dismissive and devaluing the supposed 4 strongest witches in their lands. Kristen Ashley has reduced a literal warrior princess into a female robot who is taught by other women to not fight with her king but to learn to "support her man". She does so not by attending military ...more
Debra Johnson
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars again.
I'm loving the series.
Looking forward to reading the 4th and final book!
Renée
Stacie
4 1/2 "The dawn of the end!" Stars!

There is a lot going on in this story. A lot! But in my opinion, this story is epic! So much is happening. The four couples are quite a force. But will they be enough!?

I love the multiple POV with multiple narrators. Every voice fits their character well. Only when a narrator is doing another character's voice is it not great. But it's necessary to the production and overall I think the narration is very good. I cannot wait for the final book! Happy reading!

PS
Carmen Rae
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sorry I had to jump straight into the conclusion but this one was equally as awesome.
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Why I did shed some tears with this installment.
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

Things are really kicking off. So glad I waited until all these were released before I started reading them SO MANY CLIFFHANGERS!! :D

Love that we are getting so many stories in one series, makes it impossible to put down and well everyone knows I'm trash for multiple POV so these couldn't be better!!
book bruin
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Audiobook Review

Overall 3.5 stars
Performance 4.5 stars
Story 2.5-3 stars

Things are starting to fall into place with all the characters and plot lines in The Dawn of the End, but I didn't feel that the story itself progressed very much. We get more time with each of the four couples and get to see them in their respective kingdoms/homes, but the majority of the story has the couples separated from each other. I'm still waiting for the 4 main heroines to step up and be the fierce and powerful women
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Kristen Ashley is owning my entire week, heart, and life with this series!! I don’t want to do anything else except listen to these amazing narrators perform this incredible story. The wait til the final book will kill a piece of my soul! I NEED IT NOWWWWW!

I laughed, I cringed, I cried! It’s a solid story and has me on the edge of my seat waiting for more!

Full review soon.
Debby*BabyDee
The Dawn of the End Book #3 was a very enjoyable listen for me. I am so engrossed with needing to finish the series.

4 1/2 Stars
Jessica {Litnoob}
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How did it take me three books to realize the chapters are continued throughout the book? Lol still I’m loving this formatting of telling so many concurring stories and having so many different perspectives and POV’s.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gotta start the next one, I'll review at the end. ...more
Raven  Prophet
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
...I feel like I need a minute because holy alien babies everywhere this is such fantastic story.
My babies are going out to destroy people!!!
For me this book is getting into the thick of it and so much is happening and I can't wait for the finale!!!
The character development and world building is lovely and just good lord I feel so many emotions because of this book! I don't care what others say this series is amazing.
I don't know how else to write this review without spoilers so hey spoilers ahe
deecee
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Updated as completed:
So I lowered the stars from 4 to 3 halfway through - and I'm leaving it there upon completion.
Primarily because, to me, the story structure is such a divergence to past KA books and, I hate to say, not really in a way I am enjoying. There are so many characters that it continues to be really difficult to feel connected to any of them - even the main characters - and I find myself being impatient for getting to the meat of the matter while listening. In fact as the story move
Izzie d
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-etc
The story continues.

After the last books cliffhanger, this one starts with Prince True dealing with those involved in the attack.

The issue was he went to see a man and I couldn't remember who he was for a bit. It was a month since the last book was released and with no book to refer back to, it's difficult to remember the secondary characters and the secondary secondary characters.

There are soooo many people.
I really think this will be a good series to listen to AFTER reading the book, personall
Stephanie
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. These stories are finally coming together for me over this book and the last part of book 2. I have liked all the couples from the start (although I think Silence and Mars stoke my heart first and most), there is just a lot here to get your head around and I don’t like all the things in these stories. The friendship of the guys and ladies and couples, and sisterhood make these books special and kept me invested enough to keep going. On to the final book.
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I hope I can give at least one installment more than 3 stars.
So many disgusting evil perverted elements in this series. I can't imagine where evil ideas like this come from.

I am really invested in Caseus and Elena
I love Hala and her King. True and Farrah still need more page time.
I can't stand Mars as he has started perverting Silence and they gross me out. Like neither is enough for each other. He's not possessive enough and she's a push over. I do like she started standing her ground towards
Dina
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads, audio
5 Running towards to the end of the tunnel stars!!

description

Yup!! The journey is almost over and $h!t has hit the fan, people!! He's there.. the bloody beast is there!

description

Off to read the last one!!
Firstpella
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
There may be a boatload of goat-rodeo filler in this series, but goddamn can Ashley create emotional intensity. The loss of yet another Queen Mother is gut-wrenching as are the bonds of sisterhood, both by-blood and by-choice. This Series may be fantasy but the feels are real.
CB
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
I am determined to finish this series, but it unfortunately does not have the magic of the author’s earlier Fantasyland series, even though there is some small cross-over of those characters. A big part of the reason for this is it is too jumbled and all over the place, bouncing between four main couples and hence eight lead characters in each book, plus the usual many side characters Ashley typically employs in her works. Plus the villains. So I spend part of my time trying to remember who thes ...more
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
The Rising series just gets better with each new installment! The narration is so vivid (thanks to the narrators in part! I love that they use different accents for different characters).

The overall plot moved forward a lot in this third novel, and the stakes were suddenly higher than anticipated.
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
I love this author! I'm also thrilled to be reading/listening to a book with more action than drama as most of the author's new books were. It is almost like reading her older and more amazing books! ...more
AJ
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Book three in The Rising series, and we are well into the thick of things now! In the land of Triton the Beast is getting closer to rising, there are political and religious shenanigans unfolding everywhere, and the four couples prophesised to save the day are all getting closer to their big moment (if you want more details than that, see my review of book #1).

The last book in the series left off on a nasty cliffhanger, and this book picks up shortly after all hell broke loose in those fi
Stephanie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a step up from book two. we are learning so much more about Silence. I still skip over all the True scenes, I just really don't like him. I think if he had his own stand alone book I would like him but when he is with all the other Warrior/Hero/ Male leads he just too boring to compete. I am starting to like Serena and this love development. ...more
Denise
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
KA has done it again!! There are not enough words to describe this book!! Soo many questions have been answered from The Plan Commences but I have soo much more questions from The Dawn of the End that I hope will be answered in The Rising!!! The character growth in each of these books is astonishing but in this book in particular I felt the strength of each of them the most!! KA's writing is absolutely breathtaking and riveting but I've said it before I'll say it again, in my opinion, KA is at h ...more
Garden Of REden
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy's Review

This series is getting better and better each book. This one the best yet. It's so enthralling that I find myself thinking about it long after I've put it down. The many different perspectives are growing on me, and I find my excitement building as I wait for the next chapter about my favorite couples. This series has the perfect balance of sweet, and angst between our couples. There is a great amount of story building with so much going on there is never a dull moment. I am anxiousl
Dragana
Nov 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Too much sex. Every chapter either starts or ends with a sex scene. Or both.

The plot is still running around in circles. I can not say it's dragging since something is always happening but the plot, in general, takes very minor steps (if we compare it to the number of pages).

Honestly, I am thinking daily about giving up, but since there is only one more book I might as well read it. IDK if anything happens that can surprise me or make this whole series feel less mediocre. :/

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Until Talon (Until Her/Him, #9)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Worth Forgiving (MMA Fighter, #3)
  • Vodka on the Rocks (Uncertain Saints MC, #3)
  • Bear's Forever (Infernal Sons MC, #1)
  • Jack & Coke (Uncertain Saints MC, #2)
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
  • At the Pleasure of the President (The Perfect Gentlemen, #5)
  • Unexpected Reality (Unexpected Arrivals, #1)
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Damage
  • Alpha Bully (Wolf Ridge High, #1)
  • I'm Yours
  • Batta (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #4)
  • Badger (Blackwings MC, #5.5)
  • Let Me Please You (McClain Brothers #4.5)
See top shelves…
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

The Rising (4 books)
  • The Beginning of Everything (The Rising #1)
  • The Plan Commences (The Rising #2)
  • The Rising (The Rising #4)