Start by marking “In Case You Missed It” as Want to Read:
In Case You Missed It

In Case You Missed It

Hilarious, relatable and heartwarming: the brand new romantic comedy from Lindsey Kelk.

When Ros steps off a plane after four years away she’s in need of a job, a flat and a phone that actually works. And, possibly, her old life back. Because everyone at home has moved on, her parents have reignited their sex life, she’s sleeping in a converted shed and she’s got a bad case
Published August 4th 2020 by HarperCollins (first published July 23rd 2020)

To ask other readers questions about In Case You Missed It, please sign up.

Start your review of In Case You Missed It
Paromjit
Lindsey Kelk writes a light, bright, frothy, breezy and fun rom-com with many of the familiar tropes from the genre, but she wraps them up in a decidedly stylish, moreish and hilarious package. After a three year stint in Washington DC as a radio producer, an unemployed 32 year old Rosalind 'Ros' Reynolds returns home, only to cringe on seeing that her parents are in the throes of a midlife sexual renaissance, and have adapted the shed at the bottom of the garden for her to live in. In dire fina ...more
Éimhear (A Little Haze)
Now published in the UK/Irl

I’ve been reading Lindsey Kelk for years; she is without a doubt one of my all time favourite authors. I have read all of her adult novels and have always really enjoyed them. So much so that as soon as she announces a new novel I hit that preorder button. However there’s always a certain trepidation I experience whenever I embark on a new read by her. Will it be as good as past novels? Can she really deliver something so funny again? Etc etc.

So it is with the greates
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I remember the exact minute I got rejection from publishers: don’t worry it’s not a life changing moment for me and as you may imagine I was always mature, cool as cucumber and professional. So I didn’t hit my forehead to my computer screen and scream a few nonsense words, consumed two pints of Ben&Jerry, half pack of soggy and flat Cheetos ( I think I opened it a few years ago and forgot it at my drawer, who cares?) and two gallons of Grapefruit juice which was fresh and disgusting at 9 am in t ...more
Kaceey
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, edelweiss
You can look back fondly on the past, but you must always be moving forward.

Ros returns home to the U.K. after putting in four long years in Washington DC. She’s positively thrilled and beyond anxious to slip back into her life with her best friends and parents. And oh yeah, maybe that short-sighted boyfriend that let her go just a bit too easily.

Small problem. Her loving, (not so) straight-laced parents don’t want her back in the house. It seems they have “rekindled” their intimacy. In the word
Susanne  Strong
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss, buddy-read
Oh So Funny, Sweet and Romantic, “In Case You Missed It” Hits All the Right Notes.

After failing to make it big in DC, Ros hightails it back home to London and her parent’s house. Little does she know that they’ve renovated the shed in their backyard just for her. How sweet it’s not!

Now that Ros is back, she reconnects with old friends, and thanks to a little phone blip that sent a mass text to “all contacts” in her phone with an “I’m back message,” she also reconnects with her ex-boyfriend Pat
Tina
This is a romance/chick lit. I honest just could not get into this book. The main character (Ros) I found boring and nothing exciting. There where a few parts of this book I found so very funny, but overall I just was bored reading it. At the beginning it was ok, but then it started to just become boring. I receive an e-copy of this book from Netgalley, and this is a honest review about how I feel about the book. (*)
Jessica | JustReadingJess
In Case You Missed It is a cute and light romance with some important issues mentioned. This book was very relatable.

Thank you Edelweiss and Harper Collins for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Full review: https://justreadingjess.wordpress.com...
Navessa

Let’s get one thing clear right off the bat: this is a really good book, but this isn’t a romance.

At least, it doesn’t fit most readers’ current definition of a romance. The male and female leads aren’t constantly around each other, the main plot doesn’t revolve around them getting together, and for 98% of this book, they aren’t even remotely close to becoming a couple.

This is women’s fiction. And yes, I know that a lot of people don’t like that name, but honestly, I can’t think of any other way
Syndi
Nov 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read by Miss Kelk. In Case You Missed It have such a potential. This is more chick lit than romance. And like many chick lit, it touches many aspect of finding yourself.

There are some humor, some deep meaningful conversation about love. Different kind of love. Love from parents to their child, love between friends and romantic love.

Sadly for me, the story feels flat. I want it to be picked up with more twist/ drama. I wait and wait and wait. Feel like nothing happen. Oh well..
Caitlin Reads
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella! In Case You Missed It was a really funny and light romance that would be a perfect beach read. This was my first book by Lindsey Kelk and I really enjoyed her writing and her sarcastic sense of humor. I am always a fan of British rom coms and am surprised I am just discovering her. After a three year hiatus, Ros returns from London ready to get back to her old life. However, it seems like her old life has moved on without her in it. She finds herself living i ...more
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Talk about pruh·dik·tuh·bl.

Now before diving into this review, I just wanted to mention that the sushi scene was down right funny as shit and probably this books saving grace. Plus this scene alone saved me from dropping this book all together since I loved the rekindled romance/reconnection between Ros parents. No fucks were given and honestly I was probably more invested in their story than our lead heroine.

Ros failed to impress me and I just wished she pushed her romantic f
ATheReader
Well, this was interesting. The first 1/3 of this but was extremely boring, I hated the middle of the book and I enjoyed the last 1/3.

In this book, you read about 32-year-old Ros who is returning to London from Washington D.C. and is looking for a job, going back to her old life and a little bit of romance. Oh, and she is living in a converted shed at the edge of her parent's garden.

*EXTREME SPOILERS* I REPEAT DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED FOR THIS BOOK!!

The first 1/3
It took me a
stretchybookworm
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5/5

Do you want to know what part of this book was funny? All of it.

‘In Case You Missed It’ is one of the most hilarious rom-coms I’ve read in my entire life. Ros(pronounced as Ross in Friends, not Rose) Reynolds is a smart, funny, and kind woman who moves back home and finds nothing is the same as she’s left. She needs to deal with this transition and her parents' rekindled romance is not helping. Although her friends are against it, she reconnects with her ex Patrick Parker aka Twat-
Michelle
Jun 05, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear. I know lots of people loved this but I'm really sorry to say I found it boring. This is the first book I've read by this author and it will be the last.
Thanks to Netgalley for an ARC
Cathi - LovesBooksMore
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ros has just returned home from 3yrs in the US as a radio podcast producer- her dream job. No one knows why she has returned suddenly, but she is trying to find her way back in the groove with her friend group.
She sends out a mass text to let everyone know her new number and that she’s home. That brings some unwelcome pics and an old flame looking to reunite...
Living at home has its issues as well. Her father has designed her own ‘shed’ at the back of the yard, so he and mom can have sexy-time
Hannah
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ros needs to learn living in the past stops her from living now. It was annoying how much time she wasted on Patrick, he was not worthy of her. John was a much nicer character, the book spent a little too much time on Patrick for my liking. Still an enjoyable read and as every other time in a Lindsey Kelk book I loved the Taylor Swift references.
Chelsea
Feb 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021-challenge
I found this book a little annoying and very hypocritical. But over all not a bad read
I give it 3 stars
Storiesandcoffee
Well, it saddens me to say it, but this wasn't my favorite book. It started out so strong, so funny, but by midpoint, I was starting to get really annoyed with the main character, and by the end, I was just reading to say I finished.

I love reading books with a main character whose life is in shambles. It allows the author to really show character growth and when used properly in romantic comedies, it also allows the author to force her characters into some embarrassing but funny and endearing mo
Georgia
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, ebook, reviewcopy
More on Chill and read

Contemporary romance is a genre I would either love or hate. My feelings are tested on each book, and for the record, I don’t read that many each year, because the scale favors the latter most of the times. This was not the case with Lindsey Kelk’s “In Case You Missed It” and I’m so happy for this!

Ros returns to England after spending three years in Washington DC working as a podcast producer. She is in desperate need of a new job, a place to live and some peace. All she fi
Adi Rocks Socks
4 stars

If you’re afraid someone will walk away from you if you tell them you love them, why on earth would you want to be with them in the first place?

In Case You Missed It by Lindsey Kelk is a witty and light hearted love story about a woman who moves back in with her parents after losing her job in a foreign country.

Ros is 32 and broke, and is back in London after three years in the US. She accidentally sends a message to all her contacts, one of whom happens to be the douchebag who dump
Fabulous Book Fiend
Oof this book hits close to home and because of that of course it is amazing. Lindsey Kelk has been making me laugh for over 10 years now and she continued to do so with this latest novel (believe me that is a big accomplishment in the climate we’re living in right now) I loved this book from start to finish and I think everyone should read it.

Ros is fab and is so easy to relate to. She finds herself moving back in with her parents after starting off a new life in Washington. I really felt for
Jodie (That Happy Reader)
While I enjoy other genres of books, romantic-comedy is the one that allows me to relax the most. Lindsey Kelk is skilled in writing this type of book, and I always look forward to the antics of her female protagonists. For fans of the author’s “I Heart” series, you will not be disappointed in her newest book.

Ros is a likeable, quirky young woman who has happily returned home to England after three years away working in the U.S. She misses her friends and family and wants to pick up her life wh
Lynn McCrum
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lindsey Kelk you smashed it yet again!!! I absolutely adore all your books and this one is no different. Yet again I fell in love with all the characters and if I had a complaint it would only be that the book ended - I want to read more about Ros and her friends.

Ros returns from three years abroad working in America. With no job she is forced to move back in with her parents, who it would appear have rediscovered themselves and their love for one another. As she catches up with her besties, Su
Nicole
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This ultimately was not for me. I found the characters and writing to be quite flat, this made it difficult for me to connect with the characters enough to actually care about what happened to them. Between that and the painful shoehorned in pop culture references it's a no for me.
Samantha (WLABB)
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ros returns home after her fabulous career in America doesn't quite work out. Though she has no job or home, she is looking forward to sliding back into her old life. Unfortunately, her life wasn't waiting for her, but as Ros tries to reclaim the past, she begins to rethink it as she see parts of it in a new light, as well as some new possibilities.

What a fun and humorous journey I took with Ros. She made a bunch of bad choices and frustrated me, but in the end, she learned so much. I found tha
Catherine
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club
This was like if anything by Sophie Kinsella met Bridget Jones’s Diary – it was one of the most laugh-out-loud, funny books I’ve ever read.

I loved the main character, Ros’, sarcastic personality. She really did make the best of every shitty situation thrown her way. As soon as John was introduced, I knew I was going to love him too, and the sexual tensions between them kept me flipping the pages. Sumi, Lucy, and Adrian were also very well written, and as much as I hated him, Patrick too.

There
Cc
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 ☆'s
I'll be honest, chick lit isn't my thing, but second chance is, so I tried. But romance second chance is my thing bc of one reason.......chick lit can get a little preachy and they NEVER end up with the pr*ck. Unfortunately I love the pr*ck being redeemed bit. So 4 stars bc its well written and very interesting in a "I'm learning to be an adult woman and make responsible choices with the very safe guy who just went through a breakup with his wife and he cooks divinely" way. It's very Bri
Jacqueline
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
This was a rare beast; a chick lit with quality, well drawn characters, wit and a little pathos that was just enough to make me think and question what I'd do, if I'd want to go back and recreate that time that I think I loved.

Funnily enough I've read a gazillion second chance romance stories where the couple do get back in touch after being wrenched apart, they work to overcome whatever deeply held hostility/misunderstanding had got in between them and discover they were destined to be togethe
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
I was very lucky to receive Lindsey Kelk’s latest read, as this baby is not due out until 23 July! Get pre ordering! I had no doubt that this would be another corker of a story. This book was full of humour.. let’s just say I’m off the sushi now..! 🙈 Some moments really had me giggling into my kindle, I loved Ros’s parents, the fact they move her bedroom to a shed is hilarious, reminiscing over the 90s had me smiling back to my own childhood bedroom. What I loved most about this story though is ...more
Trish Hills
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, well, well. What a book!

My first thought is that I laughed so hard I did a lil wee. Really. I did.

Then I cried. And then I laughed a lot more.

Ros is a genuinely likable character. I loved her and really want to be friends with her, Sumi, Lucy and even Adrian. Her parents are fabulously bonkers, which I adored! And thanks to them, although I have never eaten sushi, now I never will!

There were some fantastic adventures, some hilarious mishaps and lots of drama to keep you intrigued and inve

• My Pear-Shaped Life
  • Blood Orange
  • The Case of the Drowned Pearl (Murder Most Unladylike #8.5)
  • The Doll Factory
  • Toffee
  • On a Beautiful Day
  • The Mercies
  • The Mothers of Quality Street (Quality Street #2)
  • Eve of Man (Eve of Man, #1)
  • How To Break Up With Fast Fashion
  • The Book of Newcastle
  • A Theatre for Dreamers
  • Expectation
  • Mad Girl
Bestselling British author based in Los Angeles. Lover of books, watcher of wrestling, wearer of lipstick. Karaoke enthusiast and cat wrangler. Lindsey is the author of twelve novels, including the bestselling I Heart series, About a Girl, The Single Girl’s To-Do List and Always the Bridesmaid.

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...
“The only difference between a fresh start and ‘oh my god, my life is a complete failure’ is a good attitude and the right Instagram caption.” 3 likes
“You know what they say,, when you wear rose-tinted glasses, all the red flags are just flags.” 0 likes