Start by marking “Stolen to Wear His Crown” as Want to Read:
Stolen to Wear His Crown

Stolen to Wear His Crown

From unworldly scientist…

…to his fearless queen!Mina has finally achieved her dream of becoming chief scientific advisor of Cyrano, when she’s stolen from the interview room! She’s taken directly to the palace chapel, where the terms of a secret betrothal mean she must marry the king—immediately.

Powerful King Zayn knows all too well monarchs can’t afford dangerous distr
Published December 1st 2020 by Harlequin Presents

To ask other readers questions about Stolen to Wear His Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen to Wear His Crown

*Spoilers*
*Offensive Language*

Hold up.

So, Zayn, our hero, kidnaps
(view spoiler) the heroine (Mina) then forces her to marry him because of some decades-old asinine betrothal agreement that'd been engineered by their respectiv
Aou
Nov 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: virgin-h
So much potential but unfortunately not enough.
I don't expect a believable plot, I know I'm reading an HP but I need more consistency, so 2,5 stars.
Bethany
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: black-authors
Fun, quick, and a bit melodramatic, Stolen to Wear His Crown follows Mina, an accomplished scientist who has finally achieved her dream of becoming the scientific advisor to the king. Only to be dragged off in the middle of her confirmation, and forced to marry the king she has never met because of a secret betrothal contract between their parents.

Mina has focused on her career to the exclusion of any relationships and King Zayne is convinced that falling in love would compromise commitment to
iamrite
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A solid start from a new author and a fellow Oregonian!

Mina is the stereotypical geeky academic. In focusing on her PhD and her goal of being a part of the King's counsel, she has neglected all other areas of her life. Zayn is a king who rose to his position because his father was assassinated years before. When Zayn decided to marry, he took a list of prospective brides for approval, only to find that he was already betrothed - a surprise to Zayn and a shock to Mina.

Mina is my favorite kind of
Susan in Perthshire
I received an ARC from the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest review.

I know we're supposed to suspend disbelief when reading category romances but personally, I do need the story to be grounded in a reality that I can accept and understand. Is it too much to expect that writers create believable worlds and do research to ensure their story is supported by factual underpinning? Mina's surname is found almost exclusively in the Americas, specifically Mexico. and yet her ancestors go
Kazen
I picked up Stolen to Wear His Crown because I'm here for debut authors of color, and the premise intrigued me. Is it possible to do a "hero steals his bride" storyline while still respecting the heroine's agency?

In short, yes. I was delighted to see how Bell adds depth to the premise - there's more going on than it seems. The twists and turns of these subversions brought on giggles and made me invested in the story. Inclusive language put me at ease, and I'm excited to see Mina's guards (both w
Katherine Hayward Pérez
Mina is chief scientific advisor of Cyrano and I was interested in that part. Then, things go crazy and she is kidnapped by what I think is a kind of SWAT team (although I was shocked at the abruptness of the kidnapping and I thought that was good tension). Then, the King wants to marry her.

She seems strong but gives in. The book is atmospheric but not enough. I was wondering where Cyrano actually was, and the castle or surroundings were not that visual.

I found the original plot hard to believe
Cassidy
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stolen to Wear His Crown was a fun, quick read. It was a nice something a little different than the norm. I enjoyed it.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Victoria
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Zayn is your typical arrogant king while Mina is your typical serious scientist. I just loved how different these two characters are but the author did a good job on how these differences later on paved the way for them to fall in love. I finished this in three hours, I really loved it!😍
Teresa Woodard
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am an unabashed HP reader. Grew up on them, loved them as a treat in undergrad and graduate school. This little gem was just what I needed. A biologist heroine in a forced relationship and you know what happens next. These characters felt real, modern. Loved the cultural nods including language. I bought it for the cover but will definitely re-read.
Smut Report
Heat Factor: 🍆🍆 ← that’s two sexy rumpuses
Character Chemistry: It gets better
Plot: She gets forcibly married to the king and then makes the best of it. It’s good to be queen!
Overall: The opening is extremely YIKES but the second half is excellent

Stolen to Wear His Crown is part of the Harlequin Presents line, which meant that I knew to expect certain things. A tight focus on the romantic relationship. A plot that requires a certain suspension of disbelief. And an extremely innocent, emotionally
Stephanie
Dec 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Stolen to Wear His Crown was a weird rollercoaster of a read. It went from zero to one hundred within the first ten percent of the book. From that ten percent, the rest was a bit more of a slow burn read.

Mina, a geeky academic scientist, has worked her life to focus on her PHD and be appointed as one of the King’s advisors. Once appointed, Mina is kidnapped in a very unsettling way, brought to the king who she is now forced to marry. A deal made by her father so many years ago, Mina is now faced
TashNz
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marcella-bell
Stolen to wear his Crown by Marcella Bell is a December 2020 debut Harlequin release and I loved it!

If I didn’t know Stolen to Wear His Crown was a debut book, I would have thought it was written by a seasoned professional. The drama, humor, adventure, plot and entertainment value were top quality and I enjoyed every word!

The dramatic entry of Mina into King Zayn’s world was gripping and held my attention. The descriptiveness of turning Mina into a Queen at her ball was stunning. The adventure
Lynn
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mina has a doctorate in biological science and is interviewing for a position on the Kings council when she is literally taken hostage, dragged down the aisle and is told she is marrying the King of Cyrano. What? How could this happen? Why would the King want to marry her?

King Zayn has found out he must marry a woman whom he does not even know much less love because a betrothal his father made with a village commoner. This is the last thing he needs or wants, yet he finds himself at the altar ma
Sarah Anguish
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mina has been studying and preparing her whole life to become a member of the Royal Council. Finally she is invited to attend a reviewed for her chance at the role. Moments after finding out that she was successful a SWAT team arrives and she is taken away
Kidnapped and taken to another part of the Palace. Meeting the king for the first time along with the archbishop ready for them to be married.

Zayn has had a turbulent few years, with his father being assassinatrd, him becoming king, discoverin
Audrey  Adamson Stars in Her Eye
I don't read a lot of Harlequin romances. Every once in a while, a plot is interesting enough to pull me in. This antiquated idea in a modern world caught my attention.

Mina is arrested on the day she has achieved her greatest dream: Chief Scientific advisor of Cyrano. She’s taken to as chapel in the royal palace where she is forced into a secret marriage with the king. King Zyan knows nothing but they are betrothed and with his father dead. He will have to unravel this mystery himself. Can the t
Kindwyn Hoge
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this book last night and I loved it. This was the perfect book to read as a romantic escape and I just loved it. This book really is a fun read and was the perfect escape. I loved how once Zayne and Mina got to know each other that they found love and both got a new perspective. I love how they both changed and fell in love and that Mina was able to realize that she can be intelligent and sexy too. I like how Zayn also changed for the better as well. This was just a nice, ...more
Marcie Robinson
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Stolen to Wear His Crown” is Marcella Bell’s debut with Harlequin Presents.

The opening scenes of this book are dark as we are introduced to Mina and Zayn.
Mina is an academic, naïve in human nature. Zayn is cold and overbearing.
The middle is lighter as both Mina and Zayn begin to change, getting to each other and themselves.
By the end, Mina remembers her strength and Zayn realizes love makes one stronger instead of weaker.

While there were a few points of the story I wasn’t fond of (the abrupt s
iamGamz
My first time reading this author and it was okay. The plot is a bit of a stretch to believe. The characters were likewise. What i did enjoy was the diversity in her characters. A brown skinned girl who has a PHD in her scientific field and was granted approval as council to the king. The same king that she marries, but still. She excelled in her field and was honored with that post.

Sadly, like most intelligent, intellectual women in HPs, she loses all common sense, and rational thought mind as
Jane Hunt
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fictional kingdom, an unusual heroine, and a determined king make this an interesting romance. The world created is pure fantasy but with some realistic elements. Mina is an intelligent but unworldly woman, fixated on her career and just about to achieve her objective. Zayn knows his duty and will never let his personal feelings get in the way of it.

There are elements in this story that defy belief, but if you accept them and Zayn's often autocratic behaviour, this is a good romance with stron
Christine Galletly
I thought that this was a good, fast paced story and very enjoyable!

The story was easy to read and it had a great flow to it.

The characters on the story were strong and well developed as were the feelings that they shared.

This was a lovely romance as I always expect from a Mills & Boon book!

It is 5 stars from me for this one, very highly recommended!
Sue Wallace
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Stolen to wear his crown by Marcella Bell.
Mina has finally achieved her dream of becoming chief scientific advisor of Cyrano when she’s stolen from the interview room! She’s taken directly to the palace chapel where the terms of a secret betrothal mean she must marry the King – immediately.
Very good read. Good story and characters. Read this in one sitting. 4*.
Bridgette C.
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Could have easily given it a 5 except for the beginning. However this author clearly is an academic herself and I respect that plus the rest of the book redeemed itself. She clearly has a flawless talent with words. I am Eager to see what else she produces.
Zeba
Nov 17, 2020 rated it liked it
This story had a lot of potential but I wasn't hooked. I really enjoy reading a story about royalty and especially with the 'marriage of convenience' angle but this one didn't do the trick.
While there were some great parts which were really well written and I quite liked the different settings within the book, I didn't really fall in love with the characters.
Rebecca Stump
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it
Harlequin Books
Categories
Contemporary Romance, Romance Collections & Anthologies
Miniseries
The Queen's Guard (Book #1)
Julie Henke
Harlequin Books
Categories
Contemporary Romance, Romance Collections & Anthologies
Miniseries
The Queen's Guard (Book #1)
Becky Baldridge
The title pretty much says it all when it comes to the trope of this one, which can be a bit of a hit or miss for me. Stolen to Wear His Crown lands somewhere in the middle, which is probably more me than the story. While I certainly would've preferred a better way for Mina to be stolen (literally, she's snatched right up), it does work to get things moving and propel the story along. The romance is... well, it's romance, and the couple does have chemistry. But what I enjoyed more was the way th ...more
Page Passion
Meh

I was looking forward to this one but ultimately disappointed.

Now, I'm not usually a fan of HP royal stories. I find that they waste so much time on tedious royal things and I usually don't care. I wanted to give this book a chance and it became a chore to finish.

Besides the royal aspect boring me to death, there wasn't nearly as much conflict as I expected. The Black moment is kind of stranger to me. For people who never really wanted to marry each other, there's not nearly as much angst an
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Queen's Impossible Boss (The Christmas Princess Swap, #2)
  • The Royal Pregnancy Test (The Christmas Princess Swap, #1)
  • Cinderella's Christmas Secret
  • The Innocent Behind the Scandal
  • Bound as His Business-Deal Bride
  • The Italian's Final Redemption
  • His Scandalous Christmas Princess
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Palace
  • His Majesty's Forbidden Temptation
  • The King's Bride by Arrangement
  • Christmas Babies for the Italian (Innocent Christmas Brides #2)
  • The Rules of His Baby Bargain