Start by marking “Blood Angel (A Santero and Rein Thriller #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Angel (A Santero and Rein Thriller #3)

Blood Angel

(A Santero and Rein Thriller #3)

In this powerful psychological thriller, veteran police officer Bernard Schaffer reunites detective Carrie Santero with manhunter Jacob Rein--to plumb the depths of a madman's obsession . . .

"I am The Master. . . ."

Fifteen years ago, a deranged young man abducted a teenage girl in a parking lot. He chose her for her innocence. Punished her for her beauty. Dowsed her
Published May 26th 2020 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published March 26th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Angel

Start your review of Blood Angel (A Santero and Rein Thriller #3)
Linda Strong
4.5 STARS

A young man, 15 years ago, kidnapped a teenage girl. She was chosen for her innocence...and then punished for her beauty. The only reason The Master didn't get to purify her with fire, was the interruption by Detective Jacob Rein. The young man was sent to a psychiatric facility where he has been since.

The girl he attempted to purify has been found dead of an apparent suicide. When Detective Carrie Santero is called into investigate, she finds a letter to the deceased ...signed by The M
Cathy Geha
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blood Angel by Bernard Schaffer
A Santero and Rein Thriller #3

This is one crime fighting duo I do not want to say goodbye to BUT it seems this is the final installment of the Santero and Rein thriller series. I have to say that once I began reading, I could not put this book down. The introduction was intense and then the next section began fifteen years later with a suicide case that tied into that first mention of one crazy dude that was not gone or forgotten. How Rein would be brought into the
Margaret Yelton
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood Angel is the 3rd book in the Santero and Rein Thriller series. As with the previous books this one was amazing, so well written. Schaffer's books are action packed, they pull you in and don't let you go. I read this book in a matter of hours. I definitely would recommend it to those that enjoy this genre.

I received an Advanced Readers Copy of the book from NetGalley and the Publisher and this is my fair and honest review.
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why have I not heard of this author before now. This book was amazing. Jacob Rein and Carrie Santero are working together to solve a crime that started With the arrest of a nut job years ago. Rein is a mind hunter he sees things others don’t. He has a unorthodox way of solving crime. The characters are well developed and the pages fly by and before you know it your at the end.
This is crime fiction at its best and it may be the first book I’ve read by this author but it will definitely not be the
Brenda Feinen
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am huge fan of the humor in this book - sarcasm of course. The interpersonal relationships. I loved reading about these characters.
As a teenager, Tucker commits horrific crimes. Rein and Wylan track him down, nab a conviction. Fifteen years later, Tucker is released from his psychiatric hospital.
The brutal killings begin again.
Carrie convinces Rein to join her as they work to convict Tucker again.
Decent plot twists if a little predictable.
Great book!
Christine O. Boyd
Another all-nighter

After months of waiting, I was thrilled to be able to read the third book in this series. It didn't disappoint. Once I started, I knew it was a book I'd have to read straight through to the end. Suspenseful, thrilling, and even insightful, I've come to love these characters and the sick and twisted killers they must defeat. A must read.
Karen We
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I know this will be an exciting thriller
Elaine
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 in the Santero and rein Thiller.
What a book what a thrill this is a suspense book and this author can definitely write a suspense story absolutely love this honored to be able to read this in advance thank you Bernard.
Tucker Pennington calls himself the master..
The things he will do. Being outside of Walgreens a young girl with her mother of age 15 Tucker sees easy pray, someone he went to school with. Now he has gasoline and the things he will do with it.. then time goes on 15 years late
Cheryl
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An action packed gore fest

What do psychiatric facilities do when they are running out of funds to operate? Why, they release their deranged patients back onto the streets, of course.

This is the third book in the Santero/Rein suspense thriller series and, for me, it was the best so far.

Author Schaffer is a full-time police detective on top of his writing talents and his experience shows in his books. This book was down dirty and gritty from the first page until the last.

A psychiatric patient tha
Christi
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure what to think as the first page began with blood of a virgin and someone placing blood flakes in their mouth. I wasn’t sure I would like the story. The rest of the story was gritty and full of gruesome details. I now know for sure I do not want to be a homicide detective!

Having worked with federal law enforcement, I could recognize that the author had a background in law enforcement. This was confirmed when I reached the end of the story and came to the section about the author. Th
George Lichman
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, netgalley, arc, 2020
The state is cutting funding for long term mental health care by releasing patients that were intended to spend the rest of their lives in confinement. One of them is Tucker Pennington, who former Detective Jacob Rein and his former partner Bill Waylon caught years earlier, after he molested one victim, threw acid in the face of a second, and was about to light a third on fire before Waylon and Rein stopped him. Despite the opposition of doctors, lawyers, police, and victims, Pennington is relea ...more
Karen Abili
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 in the Santero and rein Thiller.
Tucker Pennington calls himself the master..
Kathleen Gray
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Those who read the first two books in this series will want to grab this immediately. If you haven't read Schaffer, also grab this immediately, because it's fine as a standalone AND then you will go back and read the first two books. Carrie Santero and Jacob Rein have dealt with heinous villains in the past. Rein has an unusual and strong ability to identify and tease out sociopaths. Tucker Pennington is one of them- he calls himself the Master. Carrie is a more traditional detective but she's o ...more
Karina
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood Angel is the 3rd and final book in the Santero and Rein Thriller series written by Bernard Schaffer. Even though this is the third book in the series it can be read as a standalone. Believe me though you will want to read the two previous books they are that good. I don’t know how Mr. Schaffer does it but each book gets better and better. He will pull you in and not let you go until you’ve turned the last page. He story is very well written the characters well developed and believable. So ...more
ci
This is book #3 in the Santero/Rein Series and while it took me a while to really get into it, once I did it was hard to put it down.

This book is action-packed, but very, very graphic (which is fine by me), but some of you may have a hard time with it. There is a great cast of characters (even the really EVIL ones). I loved the twist even though I did figure it out before it was revealed.

If you love evil bad guys, good cops, lots of twists/turns, action-packed, unputdownable, than you really nee
Pat
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Frightening! Realistical! Blood Angel by Bernard Schaffer scared me. I could see this story really happening. Two young men, one accused of a horrid crime, another criminally insane meet in juvenile detention and are sent to the same mental institution to serve their sentences. Fifteen years later, the crimes begin again. Oddly enough as soon as they are discharged. All the victims are connected to the earlier crimes except the earlier victims families are targeted now too. Who is doing the kill ...more
Wendy
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the third book and last book in the Santero and Rein series. It was a story of a young killer with religious overtones. As 15 years passed, this young man was released from the mental institute he was in and similar killings begin to happen. While the clues initially lead to him, Santero and Rein team up again to find out if it is really him or not. An excellent addition to this series. I am sad there will not be any more.
Susan Krutzler
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Outstanding!!!!! three for three in the series as far as five star ratings. I couldn’t put this book down. This author never ceases to amaze me with the gruesome ways these killers seem to eviscerate people and get their heinous messages across. But that’s not even half the enticement, it’s the connection between Carrie and Rein and the personalities of all the unique characters. I wouldn’t miss a book in this series. There better be more!!!! Fantastic.
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Santero and Rein thriller series ,it was well worth the wait for this book. Very well written plenty of details ,great characters ,fast paced with a really great storyline . Really need to be left alone to read the story as you want to read the whole thing at one time! Really hope there will be another book love the whole series.
Melissa Sager
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bernard Schaffer does it again! This book was a continuation of a series, the story of 3 detectives who have worked on some gruesome cases regarding killers.

This book pulls them all back together with some twists from a case in which one worked on many years ago!

Such a page turner and always kept me reading.
Doreen
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mcn
5/12/2020 Absolutely devoured this book. Love his writing! Full review tk (depending on pub date, I think?) at CriminalElement.com. ...more
Amy Faciane
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The third installment of the Santero and Rein series was amazing! Just as captivating and well written as the first two. I could not put it down. I highly recommend reading everything by this author. You will not be disappointed.
Cayla
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you Kensington Publishing for sending me a copy of Blood Angel. This one was definitely an interesting and fast paced read and very well written. If you are lookin for a good detective thriller, this one would be a good choice!
Teresa M Bawa
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sorry to see this series come to an end but things were wrapped up . But this was a wonderful suspense novel.
Have to say that some parts were a bit graphic . But i really enjoy reading this authors books. i recommend this book to all who enjoy a good thriller
Nancy Carr
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was ok
This book was ok. At least the lead female dectective wasn’t portrayed as a bumbling idiot who had to get every single issue resolved by a male character.

Was too violent and gory for me.

This is my second book by the author, and I won’t be reading any more. Just not something I have enjoyed
Beatrice Followill
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is one word that comes to my mind to describe this authors way of writing about Criminal Masterminds....Brilliant!
Kerri Bell
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing.
Jane Pettitt
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sequel or a stand alone. The story is grueling and somewhat gorey . I read in one setting, a copycat pulls the string of a family and the police are clueless
Pam
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 in the Santero/ Rein series- wow! What a thriller! Loved it just as much as the first two- write fast! I can’t wait for the next book.
Marla
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read!!!! Carrie and Jacob would make a great love story!!! I love these characters and they always leave me wanting more

• The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
  • Machines Like Me
  • Death of a Blueberry Tart (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery #12)
  • Trust No One (Devlin & Falco #1)
  • Every Last Fear
  • The Night Swim
  • Dear Santa, Define Good (A Cabin Christmas Romance #2)
  • Master Class
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • Dovetail
  • A Borrowed Life: A Novel
  • The End of Policing
  • To Tell You the Truth
  • Snowfall on Cedar Trail (Sweetwater Springs, #3)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Always the Last to Know
Bernard Schaffer is an author from the Philadelphia area.
His acclaimed Santero and Rein Thriller series features Carrie Santero and her mentor, the troubled Jacob Rein. The Thief of All Light, An Unsettled Grave, and Blood Angel, are available from Kensington Books.
His western trilogy debuted in 2021 as part of the Ralph Compton imprint with Berkley Books. All three titles, Face of a Snake, Snake

A Santero and Rein Thriller (3 books)
  • The Thief of All Light (A Santero and Rein Thriller #1)
  • An Unsettled Grave (A Santero and Rein Thriller #2)