Start by marking “Wayward Witch (Brooklyn Brujas, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wayward Witch (Brooklyn Brujas, #3)

Wayward Witch

(Brooklyn Brujas #3)

Rose Mortiz has always been a fixer, but lately she’s been feeling lost. She has brand-new powers she doesn’t understand, and her family is still trying to figure out how to function in the wake of her amnesiac father’s return home. Then, on the night of her Deathday party, Rose discovers her father’s memory loss has been a lie.

As she rushes to his side, the two are ambus
Expected publication: September 1st 2020 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Wayward Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wayward Witch

Start your review of Wayward Witch (Brooklyn Brujas, #3)
Aly
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm so excited I got to read the final book in this series!
I have loved these books, there are so many great elements; the Latinx culture, the bruja religion and abilities, family, and queer characters. The plot for this follows youngest sister Rosie as she gets her own adventure when she and her father are transported to a magical land and forced to help stop a rot that is consuming everything.

Rosie is sassy and smart and a fun character to read about. She's confident in her body and doesn't l
Celia McMahon
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for a chance to review this title ahead of its release date!

Wayward Witch is the third installment to the Brooklyn Bruja series that I have ardently followed since Labyrinth Lost was published. Where LL followed Alex and Bruja Born followed Lula, WAYWARD WITCH follows the youngest sister, Rose.

WAYWARD WITCH takes us back to another world and as we saw in LABYRINTH LOST, young Rose must find a way to work with what she's given and save those she loves. We
Gabi
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How am I supposed to survive now that this series is over??
Adriana Martinez Figueroa
*EARLY DRAFT*
You’re not ready for Rose’s Journey. I’m so proud of her and of Zoraida!
Jacob Rundle
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? Zoraida Córdova did it again! Wayward Witch is an amazing story. Solid plot. Fluid plot points. What an exciting read. I was sad when this story ended. Zoraida's writing style is so nicely done. I love all of her books.
Ursula
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hello Gemmies! I have an exciting book review to share with you today. Please note: I received a digital ARC of this book (via NetGalley) from its publisher in exchange for an honest and fair review.

Wayward Witch by Zoraida Cordova is the third book in the Brooklyn Brujas Series. Each book in the series follows the personal coming of age story of one of the three Mortiz Sisters. I have loved this series so much, so I was more than happy to finally get to read the story of my favorite sister....
Imogene
Received from NetGalley for unbiased review.

Review coming closer to release date, but Oh Em Gee, you should totally pre-order this book
Samantha Riccio
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Given this book by Netgalley to read and review for an honest review 😊

I am absolutely going to be buying this book when it gets published. I already have the first two and wouldn't miss any of my chances to get my grubby little hands on a hard copy of this bad boy.

Wayward Witch was predictable in the good ways, you see some of the twists coming if you aren't new to the world of literature and then some parts leave you wondering if Zoradia is going to give us anything new in this world because we
Britt Rivera
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was was SO excited when I was approved for this book on NetGalley because I have been waiting for Rose's story since Labyrinth Lost. I love my girl Alex, but I was always so curious about Rose and her powers - especially when they started to change. This book did not disappoint. It is a fantastic, lyrical, inclusive story that transported me to the world of Adas. It's a world that feels so new and exciting, but at the same time familiar because I can see myself and my family in these sisters a ...more
Alyssa Negron
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
BOOK REVIEW 5🌟
Wayward Witch is an ode to Rose Mortiz. Her thoughts, universe, and soul. We learn of what makes her imperfect, her quirks, and why she must be the fixer or the well behaved bruja. The saying “too good to be true” plays well in book 3. Rose feels lost and knows that something is wrong and so she tries to find out about her father’s past. This get them captured into the fairy land of Adas. Suddenly, everything is revealed to Rose. All the questions she had answered, including the re
Jessica
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, favorites, latinx
4.5**
Wayward Witch is the third and final book in the Brooklyn Brujas series and ever since I met Rose when I first read Labyrinth Lost, I knew I couldn’t wait to read about her and her Deathday experience.

On the day of her Deathday, we see how much Rose has been struggling with all the events that happened with her two sisters and how they’ve even changed her magic. There’s a sense of wrongness and she’s unable to figure out what it is but when she tries to discern what it is, she learns some s
Tori Taylor
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received an electronic advance reader copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

I was really pleased with how this story played out and was so happy to see Rose get her own story! This will probably stand as my favorite of the books, even though I enjoyed the first two also. I could definitely see growth in the authors writing in this book and the continuing development of the brujas world was awesome! This series has definitely made me want to check out the author's other books an
Daniela
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was such an incredible finish for one of my favorite trilogies. Zoraida created a magnificent world of magic and Latinx representation and fairies, what's not to love? Getting to see Rose's point of view after her sisters was truly enjoyable because each of them have their own distinct voice and flaws, but together they have their strong sisterly bond of love.
Nia Dragin
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed on Cyn's Workshop

Much like the previous novels, Wayward Witch follows the youngest of the Mortiz daughters as she embarks on a personal journey while attempting to save her father and the fairy kingdom of Adas. Yet, while doing so, Rose also has to find a way to control her newfound power, one similar to the Devourer. Rose’s main conflict is trying to reconcile the similarities between her magic and the evil witch who almost destroyed her family from Labyrinth Lost.

Above all,
Kat
#WaywardWitch
#BrooklynBrujas3
Meghan
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from SOURCEBOOKS Fire in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

At first I did not know what to think of this book. As I kept reading it, the pieces of the puzzle started to come together and it was quite the intriguing story. Rose blinded by the lies of her father's past is unknowingly aware of her secret powers and then she is transported to the land of Adas confided by a group of teens with similar p
Rachel
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an arc from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

I love this series and especially looking forward to Rose’s adventure. This book did not disappoint! I will admit to being a bit annoyed by Rose’s constant “I can’t do it” attitude but the setting and other characters made up for it. And now, please give me a book about Nova.
Dany Stark
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who loved the start to this series with Alex’s trip to Los Lagos to save her family will love diving into another mythical world when Rose, the youngest Mortiz sister, is whisked away to Adas along with her father. While there she will discover more about her family and herself as she’s forced to help the beings of Adas defeat a ravenous rot that has begun to destroy the land and it’s people.

Along the way, Rose meets siblings Iris and Arco, the twin fairy prince and princess of Adas, and
Sheri
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the Brooklyn Bruja series and it is my favorite of the series!

Rose Mortiz is feeling lost - she doesn't understand her new powers and she is having trouble accepting her Dad's memory loss from the time he was in the fairy realm. During her Deathday party she finds out that his memory loss is a lie, but before Rose can get the answers she needs, she and her dad are swept into a portal leading to Adas.

In Adas, Rose is forced to work with a group to try to save Adas by sto
Stephanie
Sooo good. A little slow towards the middle but soo lovely with a fast and delightful ending.
Rose and her father are taken to the land where her father was lost before and in order to return home Rose must save the Kingdom of Adas and become one with her magic.

I was given an advance copy in return for an honest review.
Maya
Mar 09, 2020
Other Rachel
Jan 11, 2020
Zoraida
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Nov 22, 2018
China
Jun 03, 2018
Can't wait for the Mysterious Sister 1 7 Jun 04, 2019 10:21AM

• We Unleash the Merciless Storm (We Set the Dark on Fire, #2)
  • Red at the Bone
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)
  • Kenobi (Star Wars Legends)
  • Red Hood
  • Little Creeping Things
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • The Other Mrs.
  • In the Dream House
  • Foul Is Fair (Foul Is Fair #1)
  • The Dark Tide (The Dark Tide #1)
  • The Gilded Ones (Deathless, #1)
  • You Are Not Alone
  • The Girl from Widow Hills
  • The Burning
  • The Dilemma
  • Tweet Cute
Zoraida Córdova is the author of many fantasy novels for kids and teens, including the award-winning Brooklyn Brujas series, Incendiary, and Star Wars: A Crash of Fate. Her short fiction has appeared in the New York Times bestselling anthology Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View, Star Wars The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark, Come on In: 15 Stories About Immigration and Finding Home, and ...more

Brooklyn Brujas (3 books)
  • Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)
  • Bruja Born (Brooklyn Brujas, #2)

Articles featuring this book

If you've been following Zoraida Córdova's career, you know she is an author on fire. From her  On the Verge  romance series to modern Latinx wit...