Start by marking “The Glamourist (The Vine Witch, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Glamourist (The Vine Witch, #2)

The Glamourist

(The Vine Witch #2)

A spellbinding novel of bloodlines, self-discovery, and redemption by the author of the Washington Post bestseller The Vine Witch.

Published June 9th 2020 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about The Glamourist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glamourist

Start your review of The Glamourist (The Vine Witch, #2)
Christi M
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, netgalley
Rating: 3.75 (rounding up)

It’s the relaxed atmosphere and mood that draws me to this series. High octane action/adventure novels are great, but the energy those give off often makes me feel a need to rush to the finish. Instead, The Glamourist is a simple story about the next chapter in Elena’s life with her new fiancee: Meeting the future mother-in-law. Of course it isn’t as simple as that since Elena now has to contend with the Ministry of Lineages and Licenses.

Without trying to spoil anything
Erika Sarutobi
This book felt very different than the first one because it focuses a lot on finding the characters own identities.

The book shifts to focus more on Yvette than Elena since she doesn't know anything about her magic/family so they go running around the city to find out the truth. Elena helps Yvette despite having her own dilemmas and giving Yvette up would solve her problems but obviously she refuses.

I gotta say, I enjoyed this less than the first book because I'm not really a big fan of Yvette b
☕️Kimberly
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2020
Elena Boureanu, Vine Witch of Château Renard is struggling with her bloodline and is in the city with her fiancé John. Mother-in-laws, poisons and her own struggles don’t deter her from coming to the aid of Yvette Lenoir, as she works to unlock her magic.

Once again Smith pulled me in from the mysterious black cat to the unique proprietor of an enchanted-curio shop. Supernatural creatures, answers to Lenoir’s past and surprising support from unexpected quarters held me captive.

The secrets delight
Gerardine  Betancourt
In this sequel of The Vine Witch we meet some characters from the first book, one is Yvette Lenoir an orphan witch
and fugitive who is persecuted for the murder of a man when she was 16 years old. Yvette is trapped in Paris and tries with Elena's help to clean her name, search for her ancestors and discover the magic inside of her.
This second book to me was more entertaining than the first one. The plot was a little predictable but still well written. Overall it was a good sequel and im excited t
Lukasz
I liked The Vine Witch. I may have turned a blind eye to its flaws because I was in the right mood for a slower, cozier read. Once its standalone sequel, The Glamourist, appeared on my NetGalley feed, I grabbed a copy and started reading.

The book focuses on Yvette Lenoir, an orphaned, untrained witch, pursued for a murder she has committed as a young girl. She wants to discover her ancestry and learn magic. After confronting her adoptive mother, she receives a mysterious book that gets her into
ℳacarena
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
More witches, Paris, painters, séances, goblins, a brilliant cat, and Fée. Also... (view spoiler)

description

The whole story is set in Paris. Elena was to report to the Ministry of Lineages and Licenses because she wants to register herself as a venefica along with her current status as a vine witch. The problem is that the Minister doesn’t agree with her request, although he says he can make an exception. Elena could keep her vine witch status only if she reveals the wherea
Toya (the reading chemist)
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars rounded up!

So in case y’all were unaware, there are two things that I love most in this world: wine and witches (sorry to my husband lol). And the fact that Luanne G. Smith brilliantly delivered this in The Vine Witch, you can imagine that I was tripping over myself when she announced The Glamourist.

Elena Boureanu is back with her fiance in tow. Elena is a revered vine witch at Château Renard, which is known for its renowned wines. But Elena wasn’t actually born a vine witch. That was
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Oct 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
#1 The Vine Witch: ★★★✮☆ | 3.5 stars

3 stars.

The Glamourist was not what I expected?? I think I had the wrong idea coming into this book that the story would be totally separate from what happened in The Vine Witch, but that was not the case. This was a follow up to the first installment and we still had a few chapters from Elena's POV. The focus did shift a bit to Yvette's story but, in doing so, cast the net too wide and the plot ended up being a bit too confusing.

I did like how the world-b
Mary Eve
The Glamourist, Book Two

Book Two picks up a month after THE VINE WITCH conclusion. Elena's former cell mates, Yvette and Sidra, are in a heated discussion high above Paris. They are fugitives in the City of Light. A stolen wish has bound them together. Elena, the star of Book One, has been exonerated from all charges but faces difficult decisions and may lose the ability to practice as a vine witch. She's been placed on a probationary period. The discovery of her parent's nefarious bloodline pos
Cinna Marie
Stars: 4/5

Thank you to the publishers for a free ARC. I adored the first story and this one just the same.

I LOVE Smith's writing. This is the second book in the Vine Witch trilogy (and I have an ARC of the third lines up to read very soon!) and I was not disappointed. Depending on the series I either love or hate stories that follow other characters. I wont name names but it can be done HORRIBLY and when I began reading and the focus was on Yvette, I prayed to the All-Knowing this wasn't the cas
Leigh
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Abandoned as a child in turn-of-the-century Paris, Yvette Lenoir has longed to uncover the secrets of her magical heritage and tap her suppressed powers. But what brave and resourceful Yvette has done to survive the streets has made her a fugitive. With a price on her head, she clings to a memento from her past—what she believes to be a grimoire inherited from the mother she never knew. To unlock the secrets of her past, Yvette trusts in one woman to help solve the arcane riddles among its charm ...more
AudiobookFiend
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this sequel from Smith in one sitting! Sussanah Jones has the perfect voice and sophistication to enchant us and wrap us in the French accents and magic of this tale.

⚖️ Plot: As I listened, I was seamlessly transported into the complexities of mythical beings living amongst humans, and how far our prejudices and lack of knowledge about each other dims the vivacity with which we could live together.

🗺 World: I didn’t see as much of the gorgeous countryside and vineyards I was used to.
Olívia
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was ok
This series is still a no for me, it's soooo boring. I do have an arc for the last book, so I will be reviewing it. ...more
Thelma
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Elena returns into The Glamourist living in different situations with characters that we met on the Vine Witch .. this is the story of Yvette a fairy that didn't know her nature and was so eager to find her lost magic.

She didn't know her parents, she was alone trying to find her powers, her supernatural nature but people around her didn't want her to know who she was, and what she was capable of.

Yvette is on a journey searching for her nature, her magic abilities, she doesn't have anyone who ca
CC
DNF - TBH. It’s a mood & I’m not here for the repetitive internal dialogue. A million books await!
Susan
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Magical, full of light and whimsy. Second in a series. Very enjoyable.
Cari
The Glamourist is Luanne G. Smith's follow-up novel to The Vine Witch and I must say that it was certainly worthy of its predecessor. While I loved the first book's picturesque setting at a vineyard in the French countryside; I equally enjoyed this book's setting in late 19th century Paris with its nefarious underground clubs, street urchins, and magical shops around every cobblestone corner. While of course The Vine Witch was obviously about witches, there was even more of a fantastical ...more
AB
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review and more at iwishiownedabookstore

As soon as I heard about the sequel to The Vine Witch I was so excited and I couldn't wait to read it! I was not disappointed, I loved The Glamourist just as much, and am now even more excited for book 3.

I thoroughly enjoyed this magical romp through turn-of-the-century Paris. The beautiful writing style and the stunningly well-crafted world that Smith has created is absolutely mesmerising. I was hooked from the very start.

The Glamourist has a split
Tales Of A Bookbug
This was an amazing follow-up to The Vine Witch! I read The Vine Witch a few months back, when I came across the book on some Kindle Unlimited recommendations list and I was immediately captivated by Luanne G. Smith's beautiful writing! So, I was quite excited when I got a chance to read Yvette's story early!

Though this book can be easily read as a standalone, I'd definitely suggest reading The Vine Witch before, as it is much more enjoyable that way and you become familiar with the characters a
Thorn_n_thistle_reads
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in The Vine Witch series which I adore! We get the same mystery, intrigue, love, friendships and twists I loved in The Vine Witch.

The Glamourist is primarily Yvette's story as she tries figure out her magical heritage. Meanwhile Elena is trying not to lose her Vine Witch license after we learned she is a venefica (potions witch who specializes in poison) at the end of book one. Who would buy wine from a Venefica?

Somehow Elena, Yvette and Sidra become in-twinned again an
Rhiannon Johnson
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Elena’s vine witch registration is revoked due to her parents’ work with poisons, unless she she turns over her friend Yvette to the authorities. The women and their close circle of friends must work together to prove Yvette’s innocence and reinstate Elena as the vine witch of Château Renard. This was a fun second book to this series, set in the bustling city of Paris rather than the countryside vineyard. The exten
Ixxati
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Glamourist is the second book from The Vine Witch series. I didn't read the first book but it's fine I guess. The first few chapter are pretty boring I almost DNF this book lol Btw there are multiple point of views. This book focused on Yvette and Elena self-discovery.

Yvette knows nothing about her mother and why she abandoned her. She is an untrained witch but I kinda like her.

Elena's title as a Vine Witch was changed to a Poison Witch by the ministry because of her real mother bloodline.
Geonn Cannon
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really great series. I was vaguely disappointed in Book 1 when a character I immediately decided was my favorite went away, but this book is all about her. Elena is a great lead, and I was pleasantly surprised by the first book, but this one proves that Yvette really is the best. A well-written and well-structured book about magic in a mundane world.

Worth noting: The ebook version of these books are very affordably priced at Amazon ($4.99) and buying it drops the price of the audioboo
Hannah
Sep 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn’t blown away with the second Novel in the Vine Witch series.

I found it hard to get into it and I stopped/started a lot as it didn’t complete hold my interest.

Overall it was a nice continuation of the first novel however it almost went completely off course with Elena being unable to work the vineyards which she fought so hard for in the first book.

I will be checking out the next in the series, hopefully it will focus more on Elena!
Elizabeth
Jan 16, 2021 rated it liked it

It's late & I need to start book #3 The Conjurer tomorrow. I will say I REALLY struggled up until 60% through. Everything connects in the end & I rather liked continuing this journey with Elena. In short, the quote below really resonates with my feelings toward the book.

“That’s an interesting version of events,” said a man’s voice from the hallway in response to Tulane’s confession. “After all, who doesn’t love a good fairy tale?” (264).
Katrina Rigsbee
Jan 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
A continuation in the magical parallel world Smith created in The Vine Witch. This sequel felt a little different to me, as almost every character was struggling to find their own identity and reconnect with their past, but was still a thrilling adventure. I look forward to the third installation.
Kristin
It was so much fun going back to this world, as I've read the first book in this series, The Vine Witch. I love the writing style and the various characters, not to forget Mr. Whiskers. The characters, even the side-characters, where fleshed out. This book focused a bit more on Yvette, while the first one focused on Elena. Maybe book three will focus on Sidra? Anyway, it was an engaging plot with a good pace. Not too fast and not too slow.

Anyway, it's a really fun read and I would highly recomme
Maria
Mar 13, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook

I ... ehm ... had apparently forgotten things about the first book in the almost year that went between listens.

At first I was really confused because I somehow imagined the first book took place in modern time. Out in the countryside - yes - but still, in the modern world. So I was very, very confused when I quickly realised in this book that it all actually took place in some sort of alternative 1920s.

Once I got that over with I tried to focus on the story, but it kind of lacked what
Mere
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I feel that I am being generous with this three star rating -- it honestly is closer to two stars. I liked the first book in this series. It was a nice cozy read, and one that I enjoyed. I wasn't sure what to expect when I was going into this book. I had assumed it was going to be similar to the first book, and in some ways it was, but in other ways it was very different.

I will admit that I zoned out part of the book. I got a l
Anubha (BooksFullOfLife, LifeFullOfBooks)
▪ All character prespectives given
▪ Birth mystery, magic mystery

Cons-
▪ Confusing
▪ No good introduction to the world. Even though I had read the prequel, it felt confusing.
▪ Yvette's character got me puzzled.

Thanks to Net Galley for providing a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest opinion

• Missing Wings (Aranysargas, #1)
  • Wolf Child (The Year of the Wolf #1)
  • Changed by Fire (Phoenix Rising, #6)
  • Dragon Released (Reclaimed Dragons, #1)
  • Love Her Better (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #4)
  • The Harp of Kings (Warrior Bards, #1)
  • The Beginning of Everything (The Rising #1)
  • Stealing Cinderella
  • Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • The Yoga Almanac: 52 Practices and Rituals to Stay Grounded Through the Astrological Seasons
  • Medical Astrology
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • The Devil's Bible (Bohemian Trilogy, #2)
  • The Casual Vacancy
  • Witchcraft: A Secret History
  • Crossings
  • Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts, #1)
Luanne G. Smith is the author of THE VINE WITCH, THE GLAMOURIST, and THE CONJURER (Out January 2021). She’s lucky enough to live in Colorado at the base of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, where she enjoys reading, gardening, hiking, a glass of wine at the end of the day, and finding the magic in everyday life.

The Vine Witch (3 books)
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • The Conjurer (The Vine Witch #3)