Start by marking “Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)

Wild at Heart

(The Simple Wild #2)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  14,128 ratings  ·  2,050 reviews
From the internationally best-selling author of The Simple Wild comes the continuation of a woman’s journey to Alaska and a life she never imagined for herself.

Calla Fletcher returns to Toronto a different person, struggling to find direction and still very much in love with the rugged bush pilot she left behind. When Jonah arrives on her doorstep with a proposition she ca
Published February 18th 2020 by K. A. Tucker

To ask other readers questions about Wild at Heart, please sign up.
Sue Czarnomski Me neither! The Simple Wild is one of my favorites! So happy to see Calla and Jonah's story continue.…moreMe neither! The Simple Wild is one of my favorites! So happy to see Calla and Jonah's story continue.(less)

·  14,128 ratings  ·  2,050 reviews

Start your review of Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)
K.A. Tucker
Sep 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
release day (2)

Order now!
Corina
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's time for my BEST BOOKS OF 2020 LIST and if you are looking for books to read after this series, I made a list of books to check out.

___________________________________

I felt like a re-read. Missed Jonah and Alaska too much!

UPDATE April 2020: Loved my re-read. It's still a 5 star book for me!
UPDATE September 2020, this book never gets old - still as good as when I read it the first time.
UPDATE March 2021: Reread #4 I'm clearly obsessed with this book
___________________________________

A true
Christy
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-five-stars
5 stars

photo 9A0D2D40-6AEF-47F4-8C50-73FA3970C8F1_zps9vnvztec.png

I fell in love with a sky cowboy from Alaska.
The Simple Wild was one of my favorite romances of 2018 and when I heard there was a sequel coming out, I was thrilled. I couldn’t wait to get more Calla and Jonah and I hoped I would love it as much as the first. Well, I did. It was different than the first book in a lot of ways, but I loved revisiting the characters we know and love as well as meeting some new ones.

Calla and Jonah move to their own piece of paradise in a sm
jessica
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
there are some books where you fall in love with the characters, other novels where the plot really excels, and some stories where you just adore the writing. but then there are books you pick up and cant help but become enamoured by the setting, and this book/series has done that for me.

i really love how i felt like i was truly living and breathing in a sleepy old alaskan village with calla and jonah. i felt the love for the simple quaintness of the terrain and felt the struggles of bordem and
Ari
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
*3.5 Stars!

Okay, I have thoughts...and lots of ‘em!

RTC.
Heather
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-adult
This book is very different from the Simple Wild as in its about a relationship. The simple Wild was amazing because it had such angsty buildup and that hate to love romance we all love.
Wild at Heart is all about Calla & Jonahs relationship. How they have to compromise for each other, learn how to navigate a relationship.
I loved how they handled themselves and how mature they were about their love and their life.
So yes less steamy and adult times but so much character and relationship growth a
EmBibliophile
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
4 ‘The Yeti’ stars

Why am I still here and haven’t yet taken that trip to Alaska?

Oh wait, I know! I’m still a broke college girl!

So the main question here, was this book necessary? Not really. Was it great with an amazing plot? Not really. Did I like it anyway? Yes. Why? I Don’t Know. I just did.

I’ll try to explain it. You know when you’ve been obsessed with a TV show and then they announce that it’s the final season, so you watch it, but you realize that it’s not really as good as the first seas
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
#1 The Simple Wild — 4 Stars
#2 Wild at Heart — 2.5 Stars
#2.5 Forever Wild — 3 Stars

For a reader who thrives on reading a romance heavy and plot driven story, this book is too domesticated for my liking. Gone was all that enemies to lovers dynamic and angst we had in the previous book. In its place is Calla’s constant whining and self doubting. I didn’t mean to discredit her feelings bcs—while I might not have moved across countries in pursuit of something I love—I know personally how hard an
Larry H
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Ah, there's nothing quite like the feeling when the sequel of a book you loved is just as good as its predecessor!

Calla and Josh, the couple at the core of K.A. Tucker’s excellent The Simple Wild (one of my favorite books from last year), are back. After returning home to her sheltered life in Toronto, full of the creature comforts she missed while in Alaska, Calla realizes she’s miserable without Josh. The burly bush pilot feels the same way about her, and comes to Canada to tell her he’d d
Carol
5 "Simply Wonderful" stars.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Such an "entirely" perfect sequel to one of my "all-time" favorite books. It embodied everything that was so special and fascinating about "The Simple Wild" and it was just as wildly entertaining and equally wonderful to read as well.
I simply loved everything about this storyline. A fainting goat, wolf-dogs, bears, wild and wacky characters - especially Muriel and the "Curmudgeon". A fun, emotional, well written and also less bittersweet read than TSW but with all
BernLuvsBooks
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-reads, 2020, romance
4 The sequel you never knew you needed stars!

It was just wonderful to delve into Jonah & Calla’s world as a bona fide couple. To witness their love, their struggles and their growth both as people and in their relationship. It was like catching up with old friends and then living with them as they came into their own in their relationship - we had front row seats to it all. Pass me the popcorn because I was 100% in for this.

Tucker is so good at weaving in amazing side characters! From crotchet
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
5 STARS

Wild at Heart was one of my most anticipated books and when I got it I started immidiately!I devour it, even though I tried to read it slow it was so good that I couldn't get enough of Calla and Jonah!Such a beautiful , heartwarming and sweet story!

description

I was swooning and melting from the beginning and I have a smile on my face!Everything felt so realistic and I could feel like I was a part of their story.I could imagine the places !

Wild at Heart has a little bit of everything romance,feeling
Samantha Young
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I feel bereft now that I’ve finished WILD AT HEART. Seriously, I could get lost for many more hours in Calla and Jonah’s Alaskan world. THE SIMPLE WILD is one of my favorite books and K.A. Tucker achieves the monumental task of offering readers a sequel to rival its predecessor. Calla hasn’t lost her quick wit—in fact she’s sharper and wittier than ever— and Jonah is as funny and swoon-worthy as always. Together their chemistry is palpable!

While part of the beauty of TSW was watching Calla chang
Phuong ✯
#1 The Simple Wild3.75 stars
#2 Wild at Heart2.5 stars
#3 Forever Wild – 3.75 stars

Honestly, I don't know if K.A. Tucker knew what she was doing or too many readers have been asking for a Calla & Jonah sequel because the ending of The Simple Wild was too open, and Miss Tucker succumb to all the pressure, but Wild at Heart was a mess.

I'd like to apologize to The Simple Wild for calling it Women's fiction instead of romance, my mistake. Wild at Heart IS Women's fiction.

Jonah likes to ride
Jen
This sequel was another brilliantly written story by KA Tucker! I absolutely loved going on Calla’s journey of finding herself and how she fits into the “Alaska Wild!” She had so much to get used to, whether it be learning how to garden, fighting off her fear of goats..( or grumpy neighbor for that matter!
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I rush toward him, but hesitate when I get there—part of me wants to throw myself at him, the other part is terrified that he’ll hold me at arm’s length, that’ it’s too late, that the slope we fell down yesterday was too steep, the climb up too slippery.

”Wild” is by far my favorite K.A. Tucker series! ”WILD AT HEART” reunites us with Calla and Jonah. They are about to embark on their new life together as a couple in the rural town of “
Jessica
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
I absolutely LOVED The Simple Wild and all of the angst between Calla and Jonah. Enemies to lovers romances are my favorite and that combined with Calla reconnecting with her father made me an emotional mess. I could not wait to see how their story would continue in this book!

While we got angst and enemies in book one, this book was just....domestic? And I didn't care. We get half of this book about Calla shopping for furniture for her house. Seriously? There was not a lot of the angsty romance
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I have been SO freaking excited for the sequel to The Simple Wild, one of my favorite books of 2018, ever since K.A. Tucker announced she would be writing more of Calla and Jonah. TSW ended on a bit of an HFN, so it made sense that there would be more of their story to tell. I adored their romance and was a little nervous going into Wild at Heart – obviously, there is the question that goes with any sequel: will I love it as much as the first? While this sequel wasn’t quite the 5-star read that ...more
Antonella
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, new-adult
I understand that it is hard to come after The Simple Wild but this book was really good...it shows us what happens after happily after ending and how a new couple adjusts to living together...now only thing I am missing is more of epilogue which this book needed to provide and didn't I guess that is the reason why we are getting book three Forever Wild. I am not complaining!
Glad that I got my Alaska fix!!

preoccupiedbybooks
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the sequel that I never knew I needed...Barbie and The Yeti continue their love story, taking on new adventures and self discovery.

I really liked The Simple Wild, and I was 100% sure that I did not want or need to read a sequel...until I started seeing reviews, and I couldn't stop my little grabby hands from clicking on the shiny buy it now button! AND...I actually think that I like this even more than its predecessor?!!
I loved the setting! Rural Alaska *insert dreamy sigh* Does anyone
A.

Some would say there is no enough Jonah in this book.

Not me.

Great writing, incredible setting, deep characterisation, gradual growth of different kinds of relationships, intense moments, hilarious events, colorful descriptions and vivid scenes, great humor - all the things that matter and belong in a contemporary romance book by my standards are here. Even gardening and redecorating felt like a roller-coaster with twists and turns.

Ms. Tucker, keep them coming!
Lauren
“But tonight, this is for you and me. It’s our moment.” He rests his chin on my head. “The first night of the rest of our lives.” I relax into him. “Does everyone know you’re such a romantic?” “Shut up.”

Okay I have read this book many many times but have never reviewed it before so here we go.

Calla Fletcher returned home from Alaska following the death of her father expecting to never return and never see the ‘Alaskan sky cowboy’ she’d fallen for, Jonah ever again. Until Jonah shows up sayin
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: Bummed. I felt as though this was more about Calla's relationship with side characters than with Jonah! Once Jonah got the girl, he stopped putting the work in to make it work -- and then blamed her for it! I am also bummed that, while it was hinted at, we never really found out if Calla found her thing that makes her happy! I didn't feel very good about their ending, as it very well could've gone back to the way it was when they were having a conflict! I didn't feel as
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I hope you've all read THE SIMPLE WILD! This 2nd book is a sequel - you really should've read the first one before starting this one! It's not 100% necessary, but it would just be insane to miss out on the amazing first book!!☺

WiLD AT HEART starts four days after the first book ended.

We all remember how Jonah came to Toronto to ask Calla to come back to Alaska with him.
And she asked him for some time to think.
But of course we don't need much time - we're doing this!!
We're moving to Alaska to b
Heather❀Kiss The Pages❀
5+ Yeti Stars

I was a little nervous to read Wild at Heart because my expectations were so high but I am happy to report they were more than met! I fell in love even more with my sexy angry Yeti, if that was even possible. Although he was more my sexy, romantic Yeti in this book.
"I can't remember what it feels like not being in love with you, Calla...I need you in my life like I need to fly. Like I need this Alaskan air. More than I need this air."

Wild at Heart is an extension of Jonah and Ca
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was so good to be back to Alaska with Jonah & Calla. :)

I enjoyed this book but unfortunately 1st book was so much better for me. But still I'm glad to see their happily ever after. <3

**ARC provided via NetGalley. Also thank you so much to Social Butterfly PR for everything. ❤

Mo
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book and was happy with how it ended so I was a little wary of reading a sequel but I decided to take the plunge and go for it.

Calla annoyed me for some of the book... OK, I get it was a complete upheaval for her, a new way of life ... leaving family and friends but I sort of felt she was just "playing house" for a good part of the book, making Jonah feel guilty for doing his job.

"I am trying."

"No, Calla. I think you came here wanting to try ..."

I had never heard of Mount
maura delaney
May 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks, romance
Update: lowering my rating to 2 stars. it just feels more accurate to how i feel.
***

2.5 stars. I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed.

I want to start off by saying that I truly think that this book could work for a lot of people, especially if you loved the first book. I tend not to like romance series that follows the same couple in multiple books, and this was, unfortunately, no exception. I still loved Jonah and Calla, but I felt like not enough happened in this story.

I tend to struggle with th
Malene
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was so good to be back with Calla and Jonah. Wild at Heart is a continuation of Simple Wild and picks up right where it ended. Calla has to get used to a new life and this time it’s permanent and in Alaska with Jonah. This is the story of their new life together and taking their relationship to the next level. It’s not as easy as it seems when Calla doesn’t have her social network around her except Jonah. Also when his passion is flying it doesn’t leave much time to them being a couple. Somet ...more
Irina
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
When I started reading I thought that this will be the best romance book that I read this year but while reading I felt that this is more a woman's fiction novel that a romance.
The book have a plot whatsoever and beside Calla's growth I felt like nothing else happened. I expected more angst and more scenes between Calla and Jonah.
Two things had me concerned [spoilers] 3 52 Feb 16, 2021 09:43AM
Books With Similar Men 1 35 May 19, 2020 06:50PM
Nothing But Readi...: Tucker, A. K. Wild at Heart( Wild, #2) informal buddy read starts April 27, 2020 15 180 Apr 28, 2020 08:07AM

• My Best Friend’s Royal Wedding
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • The Dating Charade
  • Winter Tales (The Original Sinners, #8.7)
  • Oona Out of Order
  • Photos of You
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)
  • The Dugout (The Brentwood Boys, #2)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • The Lion Heart (Rogue Academy #2)
  • One Look
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)
  • I Hate You
  • Over the Fence Box Set
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
K.A. Tucker writes captivating stories with an edge.

She is the internationally bestselling author of the Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water series, He Will Be My Ruin, Until It Fades, Keep Her Safe, The Simple Wild, Be the Girl, and Say You Still Love Me. Her books have been featured in national publications including USA Today, Globe & Mail, Suspense Magazine, Publisher's Weekly, Oprah Mag, and F

The Simple Wild (3 books)
  • The Simple Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Untitled (Wild, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Are you worried you've missed your perfect match? Your perfect romance novel match, that is. Don't worry; we're here for you. We've got ice cream,...
“I can’t remember what it feels like not being in love with you, Calla.” 13 likes
“I need you in my life like I need to fly. Like I need this Alaskan air. More than I need this air.” 12 likes