Start by marking “How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)

How to Elude a Vampire

(VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #2)

Finn
When the vampire stalking me sent me a letter, I was prepared for my new life with the man I love to get thrown into chaos. But as the days stretch on and nothing happens, I become determined not to allow that monster to rule my life, and decide that Marcus and I will move on. We can’t always allow the past to haunt us. If that includes pestering Marcus and harassing
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 336 pages
Published April 16th 2020

Start your review of How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
☆ Todd
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it

Much like the first book in the series, "How to Vex a Vampire", this continuation was packed full of snark and banter.

But with Finn and Marcus together as a happy couple, a lot of that snark was turned outwardly, toward other people in this funny and adorable book.

As the story began, there were a few deaths, including the VRC losing one of its own, which led to a search for the identity of the Elder vampire.

Through dream flashbacks, we became privy to additional information into what really happ
Mrinmayi
Midnight Sun is really messing with my mind..
Can't help but come up with memes & compare these two😂

HOW YOU KNOW HE IS YOUR SOULMATE:
a) Is manipulative, controlling & WATCHES YOU SLEEP
b)Is GRUMPY BUT CARING, supportive , ASKS YOUR OPINION & is NOT FIXATED on your skin tone

Ever thought what would happen if Edward (Twilight) was the villain??!!
Well, this book gives you the answer!!!
I am currently reading Midnight sun & I am Glad I picked this book to keep me company..
This book is everything which i
Bhavya Marya
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Orin! Papa! This creepy old man is being mean to me!”
“He’s the best you’ll ever get, Finn. Let him verbally abuse you if that’s what it takes to keep him around. I thought you’d never sucker anyone into liking you.”

I'm gonna start this by saying that I did kinda have the same problems with this one that I had with the first book. The humour is again repetitive. I was skimming a lot of the snark. The writing again seemed like it was trying too hard.

But damn that ending totally just
Jilly
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
In my review for the first book, I mentioned that the sarcastic banter actually got to be a little too much. Just a tad - you know, enough for a bunch of people to hate the book even though I still loved it. But, I guess those negative reviews got to the author because it was toned down a lot in this one. Still funny and witty banter, but there were a lot of feelings and stuff too. Eh.

I relate to their strange and witty banter, though, because it sounds like my family at the dinner table. We hav
Vanna
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dia
4 Loved-It-STARS!! 😍💕 So glad that the ongoing mystery did not drag onto a 3rd book. Also, this was so much better than the first book I think; the established couple felt more realistic, the banter and sass between them was more understandable because now that we know Finn and find out more about his trauma, it is easy to understand why he uses humor as an escape strategy. His humor and sass are his shields against his physical vulnerabilities. Marcus encourages it too because Finn without his ...more
Dia
I enjoyed this one but I kind of loved the first book more. It might be the lockdown and my lack of concentration, but it took me longer to read this one. Longer than the first book and longer than usual. I still loved the banter between the main characters. And I have to admit I didn't guess the evil character's identity. It took me by surprise, but I felt like this one was unnecessarily long.

I really enjoyed Karsyn and Claude. Hope we'll get their story in the next book.
julia ☆ [owls reads]
#1 How to Vex a Vampire: ★★★★☆ | 4 stars

2 stars.

Time to break out the bullet points:

🦇 The romance was still super sweet and well done and there were quite a few steamy scenes throughout the novel that were very well written, so yay for that!
🦇 The humor and banter were also great, once again, though they did feel rather dismissive of Huge Plot Happenings at times.
🦇 Considering how Vex ended - cliffhanger! - it was really weird that this started off like that didn't happen? I felt like the charac
Deborah
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5*

I’ve loved every book I’ve read from this author. I love Finn and Marcus. I adore Karsyn and Claude was an absolute delight.

But honestly this book didn’t really work for me. Maybe I shouldn’t leave a review because I’ve struggled since the lockdown. I’m not getting much time to read and reading isn’t consuming me like it generally does.

But after the ending of the previous book. I expected this to hit the ground running. And the whole it was him was a bit much for me.

I’m sorry because I real
Aly
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the first book of this series but this book? This book took that and just...... I don't know I can't word but I really LOVED this book. Now that the relationship between Marcus and Finn has been established and is on much more stable ground we get a better look at other elements of the story. The other characters for instance, we get to see a lot more of Karsyn (the beautiful prickly boy). And we get to learn more about the origin of vampires. In short this book is all things funn ...more
Debra
This was a good follow-up to How to Vex a Vampire, with all the same banter, fun and action. I was happy to finally get the full story of Finn's accident and capture all those years ago and the stalker was a surprise until it was revealed. I had it completely wrong! There were some twists, some misdirection and the mystery worked well.

Finn and Marcus are just so adorable together. They are written in the style I've come to expect from Alice Winters. They have plenty of fun back and forth banter
Heather
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a difficult one for me to review, not because I didn't like it or don't know what to say, but because I have sooo much to say but don't like to put any spoilers in my reviews. The most obvious thing to say is that this is book two in the series and is not a standalone, so if you haven't read the first, stop reading all these reviews and go read the first one!

I liked the first book in this series and gave it a 4.5 to 5 star review. It was very well plotted and executed, but at times
Ariana
Book 2 in this series was fun with the same entertaining vampire bashing we got in the first book. And it deals with a more serious element, namely the horrors deriving from Finn’s past.

The things that made me chuckle, apart from the usual Finn/Marcus shenanigans:

- Finn and Karsyn vs. Marcus: the banter is fab.
- Finn’s nicknames for Marcus are hilarious.
- Orin (Finn’s father who is also a vampire) trying to be 'human friendly'.
- Claude, Marcus’s brother, is quite the man to rile up about everyon
Bookreader87(Amanda)
The Doll Maker Revealed

The mystery of who the man haunting/following Finn is the most interesting part of this book. In this one the mystery is finally resolved.
I do enjoy the family aspect and Marcus and Finn's relationship but the overabundance of "snarky" banter kills it.
I do want more on Claude and Alexei.
Leslie
I have to first admit that I read this purely so I could read the newest one in the series with Alexei and Claude. Alexei stole my heart in the first book and I need his story no matter what. I also have to admit that I haven’t loved the last few books I’ve read by Alice Winters. Vampire books aren’t my thing most of the time these days. I used to read tons of m/f ones. So I think that’s partially why I wasn’t head over heels for book one in this series. But I haven’t loved the last other few th ...more
Lisazj1
Even more entertaining than the first! This was a great follow up to the first book, and I'm so happy that Finn got to slay his monster. While of course there were a few times that I felt an eye-roll coming on, for the most part this one gave me all the grins and some for real LOL moments. <3 I'm genuinely looking forward to the next one. ...more
Amanda
We are back again with Finn and his vampire lover, Marcus. I'm eager to see how the mystery behind the elder vampire that stalk Finn will be resolved. I suspect it will be someone we all know.

The humor and sarcasm are aplenty as usual. There are some eye rolling moment whereby I just sorta skim over. Finn and Marcus is all lovey dovey and they love to verbally and physically harass each other. Claude, Marcus's brother is a surprise addition. Can't wait for his story.

All in all, is fun to be bac
Athira
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I was so not expecting that. It totally surprised me.I absolutely loved it! This is the second book in the series and cannot be read as standalone.

There are a lot of hilarious moments and a lot of serious moments too. We finally get some backstory on the unknown vampire from previous book. Fuck, that plot twist totally got me! Marcus and Finn are amazing together! I love them so much, especially Marcus's grumpy arse.

We have a new character. Everything time I come across Claude, I think of
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

How to Elude a Vampire is the second book in Alice Winter’s excellent Vampire Related Crimes series. It picks up about six months after the first book and things seem to be getting back to normal for the guys. Of course, it is not too long before the danger resurfaces from a variety of fronts and the guys are back fighting for their lives. There are bunch of suspense threads here that keep the story exciting and twisty and I really enjoyed following along here as
Micah
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
For the most part, this was a fun ride. There were moments where I was on the edge of my seat & couldn’t stop reading. Both main characters are likable and have great chemistry. I even really enjoyed the supporting characters.

As expected, my issue with this book was the absolute endless snarky banter. It’s just exhausting to read over and over and over and over and over again. I get that the banter is supposed to be comedy but I’ll be honest, I had to skip a few pages just speed it up (and then
Skirmish
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.com/2020/11/24/...
Rating: 4 Stars – minor quibbles but I loved it to bits
Chris
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read in this series and I must say - an unexpected twist which was great. Fabulous characters with Finn & Marcus cementing their love for each other. I particularly enjoyed Claude and would love to see him finally catch a certain surly detective !
Chappy
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it

What a good conclusion...when the evil vampire is revealed, my jaw dropped. I had no idea and was blown away.

Finn and Marcus have some of the best snark out there. Love it.
Candice
OMG! I'm so glad that I didn't have to wait months upon months for this sequel. It was 12:01am on the 16th of April and I was waiting for this to load on my Kindle. I kept going back to check for it, and finally at 3:30am I fell asleep on my Kindle without the download, but it was there when I woke up! Alice Winters knocked it out of the park with this story. I bawled my eyes out. Was I supposed to cry so much? GAH! My heart BROKE for Finn. Finn & Marcus are my favorite. Karsyn is amazing! I lov ...more
Rachel Emily
It's not often that books will actually, legit make me LOL. I might think to myself, "oh, that's funny" but humor for me is tricky with books and it often feels forced to me. NOT the case with this book, OMG there were definitely some moments between Finn and Marcus that literally made me laugh aloud.

I love this continuation of their story, and I just love how easy and lovely their relationship is, and also Finn's growing friendship with Karsyn and then his future interest, Claude. Can't wait f
Jill
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, humor-funny
4 stars
Shannon
I'm so happy to be back in Finn and Marcus's world! Even though it's barely been 2 months since we first met them in How to Vex a Vampire, it feels like it's been forever. Okay, that might just be because of the state of the world right now, but more of these guys was definitely needed!

While HtVaV left me wanting more, HtEaV gave me just what I was hoping for, and then some! I was happy that we got to delve deeper into Finn's past and learn more about what happened with his stalker, even though
Andrea M
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.4 stars? For me this book was such a disappointment. I thought that Marcus and Finn were annoying with their bickering, sarcasm, joking, or whatever, in the first book, but it was absolutely nothing compared to this one 😤... it’s ridiculous & repetitive😑. I don’t like Marcus and I don’t like Finn, and I especially don’t like them together. Carson, Orin, Brooks, and Claude help to save this book (along with with the interesting plot).

Marcus just pissed me off so very much with all of his posse
John Altman
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How to Elude a Vampire!

Hilarious and dramatic with a twist that paid off!
Total Rating: 4.7 Stars out of 5
(11) MC Chemistry: 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
(12) MC Love Connection: 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
(13)
Susan
I think I liked the first book slightly more than the second one. Even though this one was still pretty good.

Finn and Marcus are still super in love and still solving cases together at the VRC.

But they're also still being hunted by the super vampire, who is still stalking Finn. But no one has any idea how to beat him....

There was lots of banter in this just like in the first book. But I do have to say that sometimes it started to feel a little forced. It was still a very enjoyable read though.
Traslan
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
I was really looking forward to this book.

What to say?
It felt a bit forced, cramped and rushed.

Quality before quantity.

I don't mind waiting, if it means it will make the end result better.
The Backlot Gay B...: How to Elude a Vampire (VRC 2), by Alice Winters 1 2 Nov 28, 2020 06:30AM

• Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Forever (Always & Forever #2)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta, #2)
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Love
  • Dragon's Hoard
  • Out on the Ice (Out in College, #5)
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • Jon's Boom Shaka Laka Problem (Jon’s Mysteries, #4)
  • Just the Tip (Extracurricular Activities, #0.5)
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • The Grumpy Grizzly's Omega (Male-Order Mates #1)
  • Bet on Love (Good Bad Idea, #1)
  • Feel My Pain
  • Mack's Perfectly Ghastly Homecoming (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #2)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
Alice Winters started writing stories as soon as she was old enough to turn her ideas into written words. She loves writing a variety of things from romance and comedy to action. She also enjoys reading, horseback riding, and spending time with her pets.

Follow me on Facebook where I put up short stories, teasers, and giveaways: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Alice...

Join my newsletter: https://ww

VRC: Vampire Related Crimes (4 books)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • How to Save a Human (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #4)

News & Interviews

Psychological thrillers that will leave your head spinning. Cold cases, detectives hot on a trail, unreliable narrators, and a dash of poison...
“I felt like if I had to suffer through being small and cute my entire life, I was going to work that small and cute so damn hard.” 1 likes