Jump to ratings and reviews

Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion

Can a mistletoe kiss...

...heal the past?

When Zayn walks back into Izzy's life, years after he was forced to walk out of it, she's faced with the undeniable attraction that's never faded. Finding themselves co-owners of the vineyard that means so much to Izzy makes tensions run high! But then she's seduced into a kiss under the Parisian Christmas lights... Can Izzy find it in her heart to forgive the man who once broke it?

From Harlequin Romance: Be swept away by glamorous and heartfelt love stories.

256 pages, Paperback

43 books15 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (2%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews
Profile Image for Bree Hill.
760 reviews573 followers
December 23, 2020
"He was the man he had left her to become."

Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion by Nina Singh is the childhood sweethearts second chance Christmas romance with a dash of travel and the ONE BED trope sprinkled on top..one bed in a romantically decorated Parisian hotel-between Izadora and Zayne. These two were a thing once upon a time..until they weren't. One day Zayne just left with no explanation. Well, he's returned to his small Napa Valley town after his aunt has passed away and left him her winery, but only half of it. The other 50% belongs to Izadora aka Izzy. She leaves them both the message that they "need each other."

I don't really have any cons with this one. It's less than 200 pages, a Harlequin romance, so I went in knowing what I was going to get. We get straight to the point to make everything come together in a short amount of time. For so long, Izadora has harbored the hurt and disappointment of the love of her life just leaving with no explanation. As the reader you are privy to why Zayne left and this secret looms for basically the entire book; Izzy doesn't learn the reason why until the end--I'll give you a hint; small town bad boy falls in love with the driven, determined smart girl and could totally be a distraction. Zayne goes away and gets his shit together to become the kind of man Izzy deserves but because of the LIES about himself he has grown to believe based off how he was raised; absent father, mother who took off to travel the world leaving him to be bounced around from family member to family member-even though he has his crap together there is this fear of still not being good enough for her.

For Izzy, she's this character who has been living her life with the cards being dealt to her without really knowing the cards were even being dealt. Decisions that affected her, were made for her without her even knowing it.

"her insides were shaking. He was really here, standing before her. Her first love, the one who'd crushed her heart when he'd just up and left town on a sudden whim. She hadn't been enough to keep him nearby."

This is what this book tackles and so much more in less than 200 pages. It's a story with a lot of threads to it and everything comes together nicely in the end. I really have come to adore second chance romances especially when it has that childhood sweetheart spin to it. I'm definitely looking forward to more from Nina Singh.
Profile Image for Christy.
814 reviews34 followers
November 7, 2020
Who doesn't love a great Christmas romance? I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for Hallmark Christmas movies and am already watching Countdown to Christmas. Today, as I was reading this enchanting romance, I was listening to instrumental Christmas music! Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion is the perfect love story to get you in the mood for the holiday season. This book does a little more heat to it than some in the Harlequin Romance line, but there is nothing explicit in it...just lots of steam.

Do you remember your first love? No matter how many years pass, you never forget them. Oh, if they broke your heart, you might remember them in a bad way! That's how Izzy remembers Zayn. He walked away from her years ago and never looked back. At least that's what she thinks. The passing of Zayn's great-aunt forces them back together as business partners. But just being together again brings back old memories and old feelings...that become new feelings.

I really enjoyed Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion. Izzy and Zayn are wonderfully well-written main characters. They've got strengths and weaknesses which make them seem more realistic. Though the side characters don't play any major roles in the story, they help drive the story forward and make it more authentic. I have a feeling we'll see a couple of particular characters in a subsequent book.

When Zayn and Izzy travel to Paris for the food and wine expo, my heart broke just a little. Not for them but for us. 2020 has been the "stuck at home" year. We can't travel, so now we definitely have to live vicariously through the characters in books. I adore Christmas, and the way the author describes Paris at Christmas-time makes me long to travel! I want to see the Champs-Élysées lit up with thousands of lights. To shop in the little booths, to try the different food offerings...that's my idea of happiness. It seems completely enchanting.

I was very impressed by the way the author dealt with family issues in Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion. Zayn had a rather tough childhood...that's putting it mildly. Even with all of the success he's achieved in adulthood, that past still affects him. He is adamant that he has moved passed his past. The way Zayn pushes hurtful memories to the side don't make them go away. They bubble to the surface and begin to manifest physically. Singh deals with this wonderfully as well.

Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion will certain get you in the mood for Christmas! Its wonderful characters, beautifully detailed settings, and meaningful themes make this a book I definitely recommend.
November 27, 2020
This was my first read by Nina Singh, though I’ve been intrigued by her books for a while. I’ve avoided them thus far because I’m always a bit wary of branching out in Harlequin’s offerings beyond their Heartwarming & Love Inspired lines. Before agreeing to review this one, I did some research and was comforted by the fact that it didn’t include explicit scenes. And it doesn’t. I will say, though, that it’s very steamy and things are clearly going on, if you get my meaning. However, the author does very well at keeping it within the ‘not explicit’ boundaries (just within, in some cases lol). Just wanted to be upfront with all of that before I start chatting about the book, since it’s definitely a detour from what I normally review here.

Zayn and Izzy have a past, and when they’re thrown back together in the present, they might have a future too… if they can get past that past. (see what I did there? lol) They’re both well-defined, layered characters with their own sets of flaws and sparks between them aplenty! It’s clear from their first re-encounter that those feelings they had for each other are still simmering below the surface, no matter how much time has passed. I enjoyed spending time with each of these characters – Zayn a bit Scroogish and Izzy definitely more of a Bob Cratchett. It’s not a smooth ride for them (of course) but it’s definitely a heartwarming journey.

Bottom Line: There’s something about Christmas that makes second chance romances that much more enjoyable, and that’s certainly the case in Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion. Zayn & Izzy have sizzling chemistry which predictably (since this definitely isn’t billed as Christian or clean & wholesome fiction) leads where you think it could, and while I definitely don’t agree with their choices, the author does have a limit to the steam and keeps it pretty well within those boundaries (which I appreciated.) From the romantic settings (a Napa Valley vineyard & Paris at Christmas) to the great characters and the sweet message of forgiveness, this is a well-written romance with all the holiday feels!

Reviewer’s Note: Readers may want to be aware that this book contains heavy innuendo, steamy but not explicit intimate activity, and a few (mild) curse words.

(I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book)

first appeared on Reading Is My SuperPower
1,516 reviews17 followers
November 23, 2020
I love romance stories like this. Where the two main characters have a past, and things are touchy when they are thrown together, usually because of work. And this just just what happens here with Zayn and Izzy. How will life treat these two, who are obviously still very much attracted to each other?

Izzy and Zayn has no choice but to work together since they both own the vineyard. And what a fun time I had reading this one! I love how the author gives such beautiful and vivid details of California where the setting of this book is. And I appreciate that she was not afraid to tackle several real life issues that are difficult to handle. Sometimes this is not so easy. But the healing and forgiveness was unfolded in these lives so well by this author.
This is a sweet story that is wonderful to read during the Christmas season! Oh and that kiss under the lights, that’s a Wow! You just have to read it!

I’m looking forward to the next book by this author. And I am hoping to have time to read this one again during December! I encourage you to check out this sweet Christmas romance. It doesn’t take long to read so this is a wonderful one for those who don’t have the time for a full book! This is a 5 star for me.

A special thanks to the author/publisher for a copy of this book. I am not required to write a positive review, the opinions here are mine alone. I am disclosing this with my review in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
Profile Image for Cheryl.
445 reviews22 followers
November 6, 2020
This review can also be found in Currant7 Recommends

Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book as an ARC, and provide an honest and voluntary review.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

description

Izadora “Izzy’ Veracruz is the manager and vintner of Stackhouse Winery. She loves her job and had even forsaken her father to be working for the competitor. Because of Izzy’s dedication and love for the winery, Myrna Tabor, Stackhouse owner with no heirs to help her, bequeathed half of the winery to her and Zayn, her nephew.

Zayn Joffman is a successful businessman who left his family’s winery business to find his way and later did well for himself. After his aunt’s passing, he inherited his family’s vineyard. He had many thoughts and proposals to reinvent the winery and elevate Stackhouse Winery to fit the global arena. One thing was stopping him, and it came in the form of a woman from his past. Too bad it comes Izzy, a co-owner, as a package, who cannot be bought out and is making sure that Aunt Myrna’s legacy continues (status quo).

The story is from both Zayn and Izzy’s POVs. They have a long history together – childhood sweethearts, to be exact. They grew up together in the winery, but Zayn, one day, left for no reason. This devastated Izzy, who thought they had “something” together, even if they were still so young. It is only after Aunt Myrna’s passing that Zayn steps back into his past and to face his “sins.”

Izzy and Zayn’s chemistry is striking in that they both do not see how well they can work with each other versus against – to better the winery. They need to sort out their pasts to run the winery effectively together. They are as complicated together as individually.

Zayn is a man, riddled with much self-doubt that his frustration floored me. He is far from perfect based on his troubled past, though he tries his best to change for the better. Thus, there is still lingering trauma within Zayn; he does not trust people easily, even when they prove to be, and is critical of anyone who may show care and understanding towards him. Bottom line: he DOES NOT DO relationships. Period. The only relationship he considered was a long time ago, and it was with Izzy, which did not turn out well, and he had to leave her for her own good.

With Zayn coming back to Stackhouse, his well-kept “secrets” starts seeping out and will make him question the decision he took five years ago. Readers will see his “vulnerable” side wherein he gets triggered more by his past and the consequences of his choices. There is one point in the book that I felt heartbroken for Zayn. He was misunderstood and judged based on his past, making him believe that he could not return and continue his family’s legacy through Stackhouse. Something else bothered Zayn that he chose to ignore instead of taking action to correct the problem. Like myself, Izzy was sad to see a successful businessman still have this guilt haunting him.
For Zayne to even ask that question was downright heartbreaking. Just went to show that he really didn’t come to grips with his past despite all the years that had gone by.”
– Izzy, Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion

When readers find out what he has kept hidden and rationalize everything, I changed my mind mid-way because his reasons for just keeping things status quo was the best action he could have taken. It is rare for me with a character, and I wholeheartedly agree that Zayn did right. (Crazy, I know.)

Izzy also has her share of issues to sort out. She worried about Aunt Myrna and the vineyard, her family’s wishes for her, and the heartbreak Zayn left her.

Izzy tried her best to balance everything. But with Zayn ignoring her brought up some abandonment issues thinking that he left because she was not good enough for him. She slowly got over Zayn and focused on her passion for the winery until Zayn came back and insulted her by doing something crazy (as expected) that made things much complicated.

If Zayn had the right frame of mind to discuss things with Izzy, instead of assuming things, he and Izzy work together to contribute and co-own the vineyard, then Izzy and Zayn could have avoided the hurt and disappointments. There were flashbacks a few sad flashbacks for either of them to encounter at a young age. I like how Nina used this to strengthen the readers’ connection to Izzy and Zayn empathize with the story’s conflicts.
When it came to this particular man, she would always lead with her heart. Even if it ultimately meant getting it torn to shreds.
– Izzy, Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion

Zayn’s dual personality confounds me a bit because, on one end, I see the go-getter, take-no-prisoners businessman Zayn, while on the flip side, the quiet, fumbling-for-words, the past Zayn. The juxtaposition is excellent, and reading underneath it all, implied the lingering attraction of Zayn to Izzy still holds, even after all these years.

Midway through the story, an exciting opportunity turned everything around for Izzy and Zayn. Unknowingly, this new development was a blessing to both main characters and allowed Zayn to find his back into Izzy’s life. This part of the story picks up faster yet organically evolved to unravel Izzy’s and Zayn’s problems.

A hint: Izzy and Zayn started working finding common ground with regards to the winery and even got a trip in together that I love!

Both of them realize how much they need each other to heal and find redemption from their painful experiences. All the secrets piled up against each other were unhealthy and brought more damage than protecting each other. It was humbling to see that they listened to Aunt Myrna’s parting words, more so with Izzy, who followed it down to the letter.
You two need each other. Myrna’s written words echoed through Izzy’s head. She knew what she had to do. After all, her mentor had never led her astray yet.
— Izzy, Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion

I want to share that just when I thought things would be simple – two ex’s trying to fix their relationship into a good one, something else happens that throws me in kilter. I was not ready for this, and more emotions came. I have to say that Nina is very cunning in this one. There was no sign or hint on this till it blows up from Zayn.

Izzy is a brave woman to have come from where she did. She pushed through her pain to be Zayn’s unwavering supporter after everything. It took a lot out of her, and you read it in her words and actions. She was sincere and did not coddle Zayn. She knew him well enough to be the silent and relentless business partner.

On the whole, I would recommend this book for readers who love enemies-to-friends, second chances, and redemption/healing stories. It is a story about a series of misunderstandings, unresolved issues (until the end), rehashed mistakes, and later, healing as the truth comes outs on why things turned simpler (if they did it right, the first time) in the end. No matter how late in the game, being honest is always the best, and it showed so well in this book.

It is an easy read for readers and captivating enough not to put down the book until the end. I enjoyed it a lot.
Profile Image for Anie.
963 reviews44 followers
February 21, 2022
Izzy and Zayn use to be a couple. After breaking up they both went their separate ways. Izzy helped run the vineyard and Zayn is a very successful businessman. After his aunt died, she left the place for both of them. She wants to keep it as is and he wants to change a lot. Finding a common language is a bit hard, especially when sparks fly between them.

It's a lovely story, however, I had trouble connecting to the character.
Profile Image for Julie.
1,890 reviews24 followers
November 15, 2020
4.5 Stars

An enchanting and emotional second chance contemporary romance, Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion is a heart-warming tale by Nina Singh.

Zayn never felt like he truly belonged anywhere. His family has always treated him like a spare part and he never truly felt welcome by any of them. The only person who truly seemed to have any time for him was his Aunt Myrna – and even she had let him down when it mattered the most. His recently deceased aunt had left him part of her winery. But there is a catch: while Zayn has inherited one half, the other half has been left to Zayn’s former flame, Izzy. Zayn and Izzy hadn’t parted on the best of terms and his aunt was well aware of that, so why did she leave them both half of their winery? But Myrna’s decision will force them to confront the past and maybe – just maybe – allow them to lay old ghosts to rest and get a second chance at a happy ending.

Izzy had been devastated when her beloved surrogate mother Myrna had died. Izzy has never had anybody who cared for her in the same way that Myrna did and she is touched that she left her half the winery – although even she has to admit that she is not best thrilled that the other half has been left to the man she has never managed to forget: Zayn. Still, with Zayn having become a successful millionaire with thriving businesses all over the world, she is sure that he won’t bother with this little insignificant business that barely turns a profit. But when Zayn turns up unexpectedly, it looks like Izzy might have spoken too soon…

Zayn has great plans for the business which extend far beyond the local community. His businesses are a byword for luxury and now that the winery is part of his portfolio, he plans to turn its fortunes and make it a bespoke and exclusive brand. However, Izzy is not about to let him march in and take control. She has worked too hard and promised Myrna to keep things as she had always wanted and she is not about to let Zayn interfere with her plans – even if saying no to him quickly proves easier said than done…

As the two of them find themselves thrust in close proximity together, old feelings quickly resurface and as they fall in love again, will Zayn and Izzy find the courage to admit the truth about the depth of their feelings for one another? Or will their fears cost them this second chance at happiness?

Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion is a poignant and irresistible romantic read that sparkles with warmth, emotion, intensity and heart. Nina Singh has written a second chance romance about letting go of the past, moving on and the magic of falling in love that will hold readers spellbound from beginning to end.

I fell in love with Izzy who was a spirited, intelligent and kind-hearted heroine and brooding Zayn is sure to be a favorite with romance readers everywhere.

A terrific contemporary romance that makes for perfect holiday reading, Nina Singh’s Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion is a stellar read that is absolutely impossible to put down.
Profile Image for Marsha Keeper Bookshelf.
4,241 reviews69 followers
November 8, 2020
Reviewed at Happily Ever After Romance

Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion was such an easy story to fall into from the very start. Zayn and Izzy were once a couple in love with a future ahead of them until it ended with Zayn leaving without a good reason, at least one he could give to Izzy. They were still loosely connected through Zayn’s aunt who owned and ran the winery that Izzy eventually managed. After his aunt’s death, they are now co-owners of that winery, and Zayn in his male superior attitude sees the chance to now make changes to the more casual, far more laid-back way that property has always been run. And will continue in the same fashion if Izzy has her way.

There is much that Izzy is unaware of, facts that Zayn and his aunt knew. So in some ways making them co-owners was his aunt’s way of making sure they kept a connection, that they had to work together. Yet, Zayn’s attitude right now is to go in, make an offer Izzy cannot refuse, and buy out her half of the winery. That is so not going to happen. The result? Two stubborn people with a past between them and an uncertain future ahead will have to find some ground to meet on… with unusual results.

There is more than that one big thing that Zayn is holding back information about, and as the story continues we learn more as that secondary situation gets worse on almost a daily basis. There is a good reason why Zayn left. Should Izzy have been told? Oh, yes, no doubt in my mind – but she was young as was Zayn and they grew into different people than they would have if their love had continued on the same course years ago. I’m also certain of that.

Watching the love that never, ever was far from each other’s thoughts strengthen, grow into something understood yet new was a fascinating experience. There were moments when at the least I wanted to shake some sense into both of them – or sit them down for a stern conversation. But book characters never listen to me anyway.

I had such an emotionally good time reading Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion. Christmas in Paris, who wouldn’t love that? A love that never died, past decisions to get beyond, acceptance of who each was today – all of that made for an emotional, funny, sad, enjoyable experience.

I fall in love with secondary characters just as much as, if not more than (at times) the main characters. And it’s that thought that will have me checking Ms. Singh’s upcoming releases to see if Paula and Ethan ever open their eyes to each other. Yeah. I’m that kind of reader who wants a happy ending for everyone. (Not that I wouldn’t simply buy any book she writes otherwise for I enjoy her style of storytelling very much… but I want to know about those two people in particular.)

I own an e-book edition of Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion.
Profile Image for Harlie Williams.
Author 2 books41 followers
November 8, 2020
This is such a gem of a book. I will admit that I’ve never read anything from Ms. Singh but that will soon be remedied. I really enjoyed reading Zayn and Izzy’s second chance romance. Yes, this is definitely a second chance. Fortunately for them, someone was working behind the scenes to make sure that these two found each other again. Sometimes a little push or a death is just what is needed.

Zayn is the type of guy that had a very troubled past but fought his way of out it. Nothing like the wrong side of the tracks just had parents that didn’t care and needed the guidance of his great aunt and to some extent, Izzy. I really liked the fact that Ms. Singh didn’t write him as the bad guy but a good guy that needed to figure out what was important to him in the long run. Izzy always knew what she wanted even at the expense of her relationship with her father. Honestly, I felt like that plot point could have been expanded but I digress. Izzy is a strong character that I really liked. The feelings that she still had for Zayn were real and I felt like these two never really stopped loving each other.

The backdrop of the winery is only a bonus. The scenes in Paris were perfect. I could see the wonder in Izzy’s eyes when she was there with Zayn. This is a Christmas book but the emphasis isn’t on the holiday. It just serves as a backdrop for the romance which perfectly written. Ms. Singh takes her time with them and actually has them communicate with each other and get to know each other again. It was refreshing to see them reconnect as friends before the romance even starts.

Do yourself a favor and pick up this gem of a book. Ms. Singh hits all the right spots when it comes to a slow burn romance with a second chance of forever.
Profile Image for Andrea.
693 reviews13 followers
January 3, 2021
I'm a sucker for second chance romances, especially around the holidays. And the bonus to this one is that it also takes place in a winery. It's a very formulaic plot that I have read many times. But the nuances of the journey make reading it quite a lovely adventure.

Zayn and Izzy were a thing back in the day. They have a long history that extends back into high school. But then suddenly, Zayn disappeared with no explanation, completely devastating Izzy in the process.

Fast forward 5 years and they have both inherited this winery, but have completely different visions of how it should be run. Being at odds over the winery, compounded by their mutual attraction that has never died over these years, plus complications from deep-seeded family issues that still have not resolved, makes for a volatile situation.

It's a second chance romance, and the two of them find themselves trying to rekindle that romance before they ever reconcile the past break-up, which surprised me a bit because especially Izzy was in great need of closure. At the same time, this allows for a bit more drama as they navigate their reconciliation, those aforementioned family issues, and trying to figure out what to do with the winery.

(Side bar, I really feel like I need to get back to Paris, preferably with an attractive male companion!)

So again, it's an enjoyable second chance romance that kept me occupied on a rainy weekend. I don't think I have read any of Nina's books before, but she is an author I will keep an eye out for in the future!

Thank you to the author, Harlequin, and Prism Book Tours for providing me with a requested review copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Olivia.
2,922 reviews63 followers
November 9, 2020
HER INCONVENIENT CHRISTMAS REUNION is a second chance romance set around a family business winery. Zayn is a businessman and has pretty much been written off by his family, so he is excited when his aunt leaves him her winery - well, half of it. She left the other half to someone who was not family but who was helping her run the place the way she wanted, Izzy. Izzy is determined to keep running it the way it has been, but Zayn is determined to buy her out.

As the holidays approach, they seem to be butting heads at every turn. Underlying that trouble is all the unspoken feelings left from their prior relationship. As they talk more and try to see the other side, they begin to remember all the good things about each other.

The Christmas setting here was woven beautifully with the story from baking cookies to Santa to more. I also loved the pace, which keeps interest throughout, and I found this to be a book I could enjoy in a single afternoon. Both Izzy and Zayn were intriguing characters, and I enjoyed seeing the book through both of their points-of-view. They were easy to cheer for as a couple, and I loved hearing about their past and seeing how they can forge ahead in the present. The themes of forgiveness and redemption are perfect for the holiday setting.

This book is such a fantastic second chance romance with a charming holiday setting that deserves to be read cozied up with some cocoa. Izzy and Zayn's story is a great one with all the Christmas feels. Please note that I received an eARC. All opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Lori.
1,652 reviews69 followers
October 19, 2020
Such a fun and delightful read and right before Christmas too!
This book is full of love, redemption, forgiveness, friendships and mending past hurts.
I very much enjoyed this novel.
This new to me author has made this book very realistic. To me it's amazing how these authors can do that.
What I really enjoyed was the tour through the winery. I've yet to do that myself. I imagined myself tasting the wine along with the 6 people in the wine room.
I especially love how authors describe certain scenes in the book where I can use my imagination. That's so much fun!
I've found that Izzy and Zayn were fun getting to know.
My favorite quote in the book: "There's nothing he can say. Nothing will ever change the past." "That doesn't mean you can't look to the future."
The reason I liked this quote is because of what it says. Only that person can make the change if he wants to. To give ones soul peace in my opinion. To save regrets later and be glad that you did make that one decision.
Another thing I liked about this story is no matter how hard you try hiding the truth it will always come out. In other words, the Truth shall set you free my friends.
The author portrays this very well.
I wish the book didn't end because it was so good!
What I find interesting is how the name Zayn is spelled. I've not seen it that way before.
My thanks to Netgalley for a copy of this book. I was NOT required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own
Profile Image for Rachel DeVaughn.
920 reviews16 followers
November 10, 2020
I love a good holiday story! This was a Harlequin Romance book which meant there were some language and implied bedroom scenes but nothing graphic. I typically read clean fiction but the book description sounded interesting so I decided to give it a try.

The main characters Izzy and Zayn have history together but haven't seen each other in over 5 years. They become reunited after the death of a loved one and throughout the book they try to communicate and figure out what went wrong years ago.

They both own wineries so there's alot of alcohol mentioned in the book which I wasn't thrilled about; but I liked reading about their business practices, differences and how they learned to work together. I especially loved reading about Izzy's business holiday traditions and why she felt like they were important.

I enjoyed reading this sweet, romantic holiday story about love, forgiveness and starting over.

I received a copy of this book complimentary for blog and social media review. All opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Hallie (Hallie Reads).
1,529 reviews104 followers
Shelved as 'reviewed'
January 7, 2021
What a fun Christmas romance!

An inherited vineyard brings Zayn and Izzy back together, forcing them to face the hurts of their past. This proves to be no easy feat, but a lingering attraction and a mistletoe kiss could be just what they need to face the truth, healing, and a more hopeful future.

I am so in the mood for Christmas romances already, so I enjoyed Nina Singh’s Her Inconvenient Christmas Reunion. As Zayn and Izzy get a second chance at love, Singh sets the scene interestingly and beautifully with their shared vineyard. It is all a delight to experience, so I easily recommend this quick read to other readers in need of a holiday romance.

This review is also posted on Hallie Reads.

I received a complimentary copy of this book and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.
55 reviews2 followers
December 13, 2020
This was a perfectly pleasant day read, with Izzy and Zayn being teenage (ex)sweethearts who now have to contend with how to descide to run a winery as adult business partners who still have not dealt with their chemistry.
I appreciated the fact that even when they were at odds, both Izzy and Zayn felt familiar and respectful of each other, and you could feel the past spark hadn't gone away.
The trip to Paris over Christmas was a nice touch, and whilst it wasn't the most stirring or gripping of M&B stories, with only a few interesting and quite light side characters mentioned, it was definitely a fun, festive read about not wasting time.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Becky.
2,939 reviews122 followers
November 4, 2020
Zayn and Izzy's story is a Christmas-themed second chance romance with Parisian flavor. It was sweet--though the too-small elf costume is a bit risque--but ultimately not terribly memorable or unique. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I did appreciate that they both did the work to mend not only their relationship with each other, but separately their family issues as well--Zayn especially had me a little worried there!

Rating: 3 1/2 stars /B-

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.