Start by marking “Her Amish Wedding Quilt (Hope's Haven, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Amish Wedding Quilt (Hope's Haven, #1)

Her Amish Wedding Quilt

(Hope's Haven #1)

An Amish seamstress and a single father have a chance to make a fresh start in this heartwarming novel about finding love when you need it the most.

Published December 15th 2020 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Her Amish Wedding Quilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Amish Wedding Quilt

Start your review of Her Amish Wedding Quilt (Hope's Haven, #1)
Deanne Patterson
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
Greta had a very close relationship with her mother before her mother passed away when Greta was a young teen. Feeling as though no one else understands her she takes up quilting which makes her feel closer to her mother and what she was being taught and offered a lot of encouragement by her mother before her death.
I love starting a new series because we get to meet new characters and learn the ins and outs of them, their little quirks and what's important to them.
When a love interest turns out
Susan
HER AMISH WEDDING QUILT is the first book I’ve read by Winnie Griggs. She grabbed me right away, from the very first page and she never let me go. Now I’m kicking myself for not making time to read her previous books! More importantly, I really love the lessons I learned. What we think we want isn’t always what we really want. Home is where the heart is. All those lovely cliches that make us keep reading sweet, clean romances. HER AMISH WEDDING QUILT is very enlightening and filled with love, re ...more
Elly
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love Amish romance and this book did not disappoint. This was an enjoyable sweet romance with a delightfully strong main character. I will definitely read more of Winnie Griggs books in the future!
Kristina
Her Amish Wedding Quilt by Winnie Griggs is the first novel in the Hope’s Haven series. Her Amish Wedding Quilt is a sweet story. This is the first book that I have read by Winnie Griggs and I enjoyed it. Greta Eicher is a feisty main character. I like that she had spunk and spoke her mind. Greta likes who she is, and she was not going to change for anyone (hooray for her). Greta was also kind, thoughtful, caring, strong, creative, and a woman of faith. Noah is the strong silent type who cares d ...more
Christi
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with Amish books right now! They are the type of stories that are calming to me, reminding me that life can be simplified, and families can work together to help each other succeed. I've always admired the Amish and their work ethic, so much so that my bedroom set was purchased from an actual woodworking shop in an Amish community! That could be why Her Amish Wedding Quilt was such an amazing read for me, since in my mind I got my bed set from Noah's shop!

Normally, I do not get in
Ibjoy1953
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by author Winnie Griggs and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Greta and Noah’s story will sure stay with me for a good long while. Greta is part owner of a gift shop, but she also has a gift as a matchmaker. Noah is raising his children on his own, with help from family but now he needs to find someone to marry to be a mom to his two small children. Greta was happy to help find Noah a bride, since she has been doing so well at her matchmaking.

I love these characters, so well created
Brittany
This was a great book! The author set the story up so that I really felt for both main characters. Greta received quite the disappointment right at the beginning of the story, when the friend that she hoped would ask to court her instead informs her that he will be courting her cousin. I felt so bad for Greta, but I was very impressed with how she picked herself up and looked for other ways that God might use her to help others.

Greta seemed like a good matchmaker. I thought she did an excellent
Faye
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly charming matchmaking romance, of friendship, faith, and family.

From the very beginning I loved Greta for her practical and sensible approach to things, she is a problem solver, with a big heart. Greta is an incredibly loyal friend, I loved how she is an encourager, and has a way of making everyone feel valued, speaking truth while being tactful.

This is an engaging story, with a full cast of characters ( I hope to see many of them in future books). I loved the strong sense of commu
Helen
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Her Amish Wedding Quilt, by Winnie Griggs, is a wonderful story of friendship that grows to much more. This is a written story with warm, caring characters.
Greta is one of three daughter to a single father. He is questioning why they have not married. Greta has matched couples in the past and when a single dad is looking for a mother for his children, she struggles as he does not want a love based relationship.
I enjoyed reading this cute story. I enjoyed seeing the depth of love Noah has for his
Erin
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
She's a matchmaker. But she's never made a match for herself or her sisters. Maybe it's time.

Greta has been best friends with Calvin since grade school. She's thought herself in love with him but now he's courting her cousin and she's broken-hearted.

When Calvin's older brother needs help finding a wife and fast so that his sister can begin her running around time instead of watching his two children. But he doesn't want one for love. Just practical reasons. He's given up on love.

Greta promise
Lori
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This new to me author has a great writing style and I have felt like I was in the story with Greta and Noah.
like how she brings her people to life in this story and they are so likeable that you feel like you've known them forever. I love a book like that.
I think that what I liked about this book was the friendships that were displayed in this story. However; a true friend would not do the things that were said and done in this story. That's just mean! But, there is a thing called forgiveness
Emma
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Her Amish Wedding Quilt by Winnie Griggs
(Hope's Haven, 1)
Spirited, forthright, impulsive -- everyone told Greta Eicher she'd have to change her ways if she ever hoped to marry. Then her best friend Calvin, the man she thought she would wed, chooses another woman. Now Greta's wondering if the others were right all along. Her dreams dashed, she pours
Angeline
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Her Amish Wedding Quilt was such a cute and sweet book! I loved the characters and I will definitely read more of Winnie Griggs’s books. Her Amish Wedding Quilt it about Greta Eicher and Noah Stoll. Greta is spirited, impulsive and forthright, qualities no man wants in a wife. As she tries to be content with being a spinster, she offers to play matchmaker for Noah Stoll, a widower trying to care for his two children and balance his work. However, as Greta suggests women none of them see
Kathy
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

The first installment in the Hope's Haven series, Her Amish Wedding Quilt by Winnie Griggs is a heartwarming Amish romance.

Greta Eicher is a plainspoken, full of life young woman who co-owns a quilt shop with her friend Esther Mast. Since Greta is not the typical quiet, biddable Amish woman, her courtships have quickly ended.  A little hurt when the man she has her eye on falls for someone else, she resigns herself to remaining single. But when Esther's cousin, Noah Stoll, begins searc
C Davis
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading a book by Winnie Griggs. I really enjoyed her engaging writing style. From the first paragraph of the book I was sucked in and curious about what was going to happen next. This was a quick, easy read, despite the fact that it is over 300 pages. I love Greta's feisty, out-spoken temperament and that she holds true to who she is, despite the fact that she was often told to change her ways. While she is out-spoken, it is never in a rude, abrasive way. She is sweet, ki ...more
Debra
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Here you will meet an Amish matchmaker....Greta Eicher. She does this just to help out some friends and seems to have been successful at it....for all but herself! Her community tells her that she will have to change her ways, in order for any man to want to marry her. Greta is a strong outspoken woman, who doesn't cringe in the light of adversity....she thrives!

The "one" that Greta thought would be her forever, turns out to have another, in the wings, and Greta steps aside. It is painful, but n
Irene S
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Greta is a creative and talented quilter as well as co-owner of a quilt shop renting space from Noah. With her forthright and spirited nature, the men of her town seem to prefer quieter meeker women. Greta believed that her best friend Calvin might court her, but he has started to court another woman. With a promise to his sister that he would find another caregiver, widower Noah realizes that he needs to marry again to provide alternative care for his two young children. Since Greta has success ...more
Maureen Timerman
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This a new author to me, but it won't be the last book I read by her, I loved it. This read quickly became a page turner, and kept me entertained right to the end.
Words spoken that are taken to heart have kept Greta from making a match for herself, and doing what every Amish woman wants, a home and family. Greta has now found a gift, she has become a matchmaker, having a few successful matches.
Enter widower Noah, a man raising two very young children alone, well, he does have the help of his fam
Vicky Sluiter
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by author Winnie Griggs, but it won’t be the last. I found her style of writing to be engaging and enjoyable. I’m looking forward to book two in the series.

Her Amish Wedding Quilt caught my attention right from the beginning. Greta is not the typical Amish woman and she often made me laugh. Noah is quite the guy, and doesn’t have a clue what he wants. Both need healing from the past, learning to trust God. These characters have depth, and I’d love to invite them over for d
Carol Allen
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Forever, Grand Central Publishing for introducing me to fellow Louisianan and, new to me author, Winnie Griggs. Winnie does an outstanding job with her new book, Her Amish Wedding Quilt, which is due to be released on December 15, 2020.

Greta Eicher is a very independent young woman who has been told forever, by everyone, that she must change her ways if she ever expects to find a suitable mate. After her long-time best friend decides to marry another, she fears everyone is right and sh
Luz Trevino
Her Amish Wedding Quilt
1st book in the "Hopes Haven" series
Rating: 4 stars
Thank you to the publisher for the ARC given through NetGalley for review. All opinions are my own.

This was a very sweet romantic read. I really liked Noah and Greta. They each had a personality that was not comfortable to others, but they seemed to compliment each other very well. It is like they understood what the other was thinking without having to talk. They both feel out of place within their family. Noah has become
Sunnie
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read by this author. So was happy to read it and it was a good book. It was a great introduction to a new author which is always fun to see different styles of writing, different viewpoints, etc. I will continue to watch for this author. I really thought it was a well written, and entertaining book.
I loved Greta and Noah. I loved the matchmaker role of Greta and the determination and strong character she portrayed. I thought Noah was a wonderful match and his matu
Sherry Greene
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovers of Amish books will enjoy reading this book so much. It tells us about Amish lady, Greta Eicher, who fears her hopes and dreams of marriage and a family will never come true. When her best friend, Calvin, chooses to marry her cousin, she spends her time making beautiful quilts and playing matchmaker. When Calvin’s brother, Noah, a widower, needs to find a wife and mother for his two children, Greta takes on his search for a wife.

There are many challenges for both of them in their endeavo
Terri
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Greta is an outspoken Amish woman who owns a quilt shop with her friend Esther. Greta is expecting Calvin her childhood friend to start courting her, instead Calvin tells her he wants to court another girl. Noah is Calvin’s brother and is a widower. Noah needs a wife to help him and his children. He wants a business arrangement for his wife. Greta volunteers to be Noah’s matchmaker. Eventually these two start a friendship and start to see each other different. Can this friendship become deeper? ...more
Claudia
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
As expected, this work of Amish fiction provides a sweet, wholesome read. Possibly less expected, it also provides food for thought about the deep theme of the influence of childhood events on adult relationships, for better or for worse. It also gives hope that through the Spirit we can be victors over our thought-life, taking every every thought captive for Christ.

I enjoyed Noah's story of seeking a helpmate and Greta's of seeking acceptance. I am grateful to have received a complimentary cop
Marsha
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Her Amish Wedding Quilt by Winnie Griggs is a well written Amish romance. This is book one in the Hope's Haven Series. This was the first book by Ms Griggs I have read but look forward to reading more in the future..
This story has a little twist that I haven't read in any of the stories I have read. The characters are relatable and likeable. The story has a great flow that draws you in and you will love Greta, the smart, strong willed protagonist.
I was given an ARC by NetGalley for an honest re
Ellie
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
I really enjoyed this book! I was drawn in right away as Greta's long-time best friend told her of his romantic interest in another woman. I liked the matchmaking angle and I liked that Greta liked who she was even though people told her she'd have to change if she ever wanted to get married. ...more
Jean SF
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book was so warm and inviting. Like being wrapped up in one of the quilts. Finding love in the last place and expecting in the first place you been in. I was so drawn in by the characters. A must read and kept place on my book shelves.
Ingrid
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
First book in the Hope's Haven Series.

Very good.

Will definitely read book two.
Melissa Henderson
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love may be found through patience and time. This is a sweet story. I received a complimentary copy of the book. No review was required.

• The Gold Digger (True Colors)
  • Covert Amish Christmas
  • His Accidental Amish Family (Unexpected Amish Blessings #3)
  • An Ivy Hill Christmas (Tales from Ivy Hill)
  • The Blended Quilt
  • What You Said to Me (Tree of Life #4)
  • Amish Christmas Twins
  • The Coffee Corner
  • A Home for Her Daughter
  • The Amish Christmas Gift
  • An Amish Christmas Wedding: Four Stories
  • The Duke Meets His Match
  • Bride by Blackmail (Moonlight & Magnolia)
  • Rocky Mountain Revenge
  • Marrying Matthew
  • Mishaps Off the Mainland (Merriweather Island #5)
  • Active Defense (Danger Never Sleeps, #3)
  • The Amish Quiltmaker's Unexpected Baby (The Amish Quiltmaker, #1)
Winnie Griggs grew up in south Louisiana in an undeveloped area her friends thought of as the very back of beyond. With her two younger siblings and another family of two siblings for playmates, she spent many an hour exploring the overgrown land around her home, cutting jungle trails, building forts and frontier camps, and looking for pirate ships on the nearby bayou.

Once she ‘grew up’ she found

News & Interviews