Jump to ratings and reviews

Hope's Haven #1

Her Amish Wedding Quilt

An Amish seamstress and a single father have a chance to make a fresh start in this heartwarming novel about finding love when you need it the most.

Spirited, forthright, impulsive -- everyone told Greta Eicher she'd have to change her ways if she ever hoped to marry. Then her best friend Calvin, the man she thought she would wed, chooses another woman. Now Greta's wondering if the others were right all along. Her dreams dashed, she pours her energy into crafting beautiful quilts at her shop and helping widower Noah Stoll care for his adorable young children.

Noah knows it's time to think about finding a wife. When Greta offers to play matchmaker on his behalf, Noah eagerly accepts. After all, no one knows his children better. But none of the women she suggests seems quite right, because, unexpectedly, his feelings of respect and friendship for Greta have grown into something even deeper and richer. But will he have enough faith to overcome the pain of his past and give love another chance?

368 pages, Paperback

Published December 15, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Winnie Griggs

62 books214 followers
Winnie Griggs grew up in south Louisiana in an undeveloped area her friends thought of as the very back of beyond. With her two younger siblings and another family of two siblings for playmates, she spent many an hour exploring the overgrown land around her home, cutting jungle trails, building forts and frontier camps, and looking for pirate ships on the nearby bayou.

Once she ‘grew up’ she found other outlets for dealing with all those wonderful, adventurous imaginary friends by filling notebooks with their stories. And somewhere along the way, those scribblings gave way to full length stories.

Eventually she found her own Prince Charming, a rancher whose white steed takes the form of a tractor and whose kingdom is situated in a small rural community that she loves to call home, and together they’ve built their own storybook happily-ever-after. Their lives together expanded to include four now grown children who share Winnie’s vivid imagination and her husband’s steadier influences and are now out in the world pursuing their own adventures.

Winnie shares her stories with readers through her writings for Love Inspired and Love Inspired Historical books. You can learn more about Winnie at www.winniegriggs.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (<1%)
1 star
1 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews
Profile Image for Kris - My Novelesque Life.
4,626 reviews189 followers
March 11, 2021
RATING: 2.5 STARS
2020; Forever/Grand Central Publishing

One of my favourite suspense mystery series is set in an Amish county, with the main character being former Amish. I have not read many other books about the Amish (a true crime book comes first to mind). My go-to genre right now is romance novels, for the lightness and happily ever afters. When I saw this cute cover, I decided to try an Amish romance. For some reason, I thought this book was a historical fiction, but it seems to be contemporary (as far as I could tell). I will admit I did skim some parts of the book, as the story felt a bit slow. I can be harder on romance books when it comes to rating as I need more than the love story to keep me engaged. This novel did't seem to have much going on and the hero and heroine's chemistry was just okay. As I write this review, I realize I have read another contemporary romantic suspense novel set among the Amish and wasn't a fan. I think someone who likes very clean romances with a simple stories will enjoy this one, so I did rate it 2.5 stars. There isn't anything wrong with the book, but it just wasn't for me.

***I received a complimentary copy of this mass market paperback from the publisher. Opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.***
Profile Image for Deanne Patterson.
1,736 reviews122 followers
December 30, 2020
Greta had a very close relationship with her mother before her mother passed away when Greta was a young teen. Feeling as though no one else understands her she takes up quilting which makes her feel closer to her mother and what she was being taught and offered a lot of encouragement by her mother before her death.
I love starting a new series because we get to meet new characters and learn the ins and outs of them, their little quirks and what's important to them.
When a love interest turns out to not choose her as she had thought would happen she pours her time and energy into quilt making feeling that connection with her mother.
She also decides it'll be her duty to be a matchmaker for handsome widower Noah who has two younger children when he decides it's time to remarry.
What she doesn't count on is falling in love with him herself .
Can this couple trust in God's timing to make a love match that will weather all storms?
Lovely book strong in encouragement,faith,hope and perseverance.
I enjoyed it and look forward to the next in the series.
Be sure to try the delicious recipe in the back of the book as well.

Pub Date 15 Dec 2020
I was given a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you
All opinions expressed are my own.

Profile Image for Susan.
1,112 reviews185 followers
December 15, 2020
HER AMISH WEDDING QUILT is the first book I’ve read by Winnie Griggs. She grabbed me right away, from the very first page and she never let me go. Now I’m kicking myself for not making time to read her previous books! More importantly, I really love the lessons I learned. What we think we want isn’t always what we really want. Home is where the heart is. All those lovely cliches that make us keep reading sweet, clean romances. HER AMISH WEDDING QUILT is very enlightening and filled with love, respect, trust and forgiveness.

HER AMISH WEDDING QUILT is a very captivating story and will have you flipping the pages quickly to see what happens. I was instantly caught up in the story of Greta Eicher and Noah Stoll . When I finished reading this wonderful story I was happy and sad at the same time. The story was great but I wasn’t ready to leave all of the strong, caring characters. HER AMISH WEDDING QUILT is like a big bar of Godiva chocolate, you want to devour the whole thing at once but you know you will get more pleasure by savoring each chapter. This is a carefully woven story of two lovely people who have truly loved and suffered loss.

HER AMISH WEDDING QUILT is filled with twists and turns and had me swiping the pages way too late one night to finish! I had to know where Winnie Griggs was taking us and what would happen to all the people in this wonderful community. There is so much heart in Winnie’s writing that I was left with a huge smile on my face and my heart very happy. All of the characters are very interesting and believable, so much so that I felt as if I’ve known them for a long time. Fans of Amish fiction will love this book!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Forever Publishing. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
2,742 reviews1,724 followers
February 21, 2021
Woohoo -- I have a new fave Amish fiction author! Though a multi-published author, this is the first Amish novel Winnie Griggs has written and I'm excited to continue on with this fresh new series.

First, absolutely love the heroine! Greta's forthright nature is such an original twist in an Amish romance. She's alive with ideas and creativity and she's not afraid to take things into her own hands in order to achieve her goals...sometimes with disastrous results, but she's never down for long. Impulsive in speech and action, but also quick to forgive and move on.

And Noah doesn't know what to make of her. I do so love a befuddled hero when its the heroine causing the muddling. :-) His desire for an uncomplicated, business-like marriage seems straightforward enough...until Greta starts matchmaking and then, well it's all fun and mayhem.

Griggs has created a wonderful Amish community that I'm anxious to revisit. Some of these secondary characters need their own stories told so I hope there are plans for many more books to come.
Profile Image for Elly.
100 reviews3 followers
December 1, 2020
I love Amish romance and this book did not disappoint. This was an enjoyable sweet romance with a delightfully strong main character. I will definitely read more of Winnie Griggs books in the future!
Profile Image for Brittany.
2,159 reviews139 followers
December 18, 2020
This was a great book! The author set the story up so that I really felt for both main characters. Greta received quite the disappointment right at the beginning of the story, when the friend that she hoped would ask to court her instead informs her that he will be courting her cousin. I felt so bad for Greta, but I was very impressed with how she picked herself up and looked for other ways that God might use her to help others.

Greta seemed like a good matchmaker. I thought she did an excellent job of trying to understand Noah, even looking below the surface of what he was telling her. It was interesting to learn more about Noah’s first marriage as the story progressed and to understand why he wanted more of a business relationship, rather than a love match when contemplating a future marriage.

Noah and Greta were wonderful characters and I loved seeing them interact with each other all through this novel. I look forward to reading future books in this series.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

You can read this review on my blog:
Profile Image for Faye.
1,655 reviews
December 15, 2020
A thoroughly charming matchmaking romance, of friendship, faith, and family.

From the very beginning I loved Greta for her practical and sensible approach to things, she is a problem solver, with a big heart. Greta is an incredibly loyal friend, I loved how she is an encourager, and has a way of making everyone feel valued, speaking truth while being tactful.

This is an engaging story, with a full cast of characters ( I hope to see many of them in future books). I loved the strong sense of community and family in this story, though I will admit it was hard at first to keep all the characters straight, but only in the very beginning.

I really like how this book has a strong emphasis on friendship and family. Noah is an excellent father, and is much more reserved than Greta, but he ponders things deeply.

Overall, this was a highly engaging read with a fun plot twists, and well developed protagonists that you can cheer for to the end. I look forward to returning to Hope Haven in the future. A heartwarming read that I couldn't put down. Highly recommend!

Profile Image for Kristina.
3,359 reviews60 followers
December 13, 2020
Her Amish Wedding Quilt by Winnie Griggs is the first novel in the Hope’s Haven series. Her Amish Wedding Quilt is a sweet story. This is the first book that I have read by Winnie Griggs and I enjoyed it. Greta Eicher is a feisty main character. I like that she had spunk and spoke her mind. Greta likes who she is, and she was not going to change for anyone (hooray for her). Greta was also kind, thoughtful, caring, strong, creative, and a woman of faith. Noah is the strong silent type who cares deeply. He loves his family especially his two children, Anna and David. He just wanted what was best for his kids. Noah is a skilled craftsman who makes beautiful furniture. He is also kindhearted man who has had to make some tough decisions. I enjoyed the descriptions of Noah’s furniture and Greta’s beautiful quilts. I especially liked the word images of the special quilt Greta created after Calvin started courting another woman. I thought Her Amish Wedding Quilt was well-written with interesting characters and steady pacing. The romance progressed nicely. There were moments when I wanted to shake Noah. He began to care for Greta early on, but Noah was not willing to admit it nor venture into the love zone. I like how everything came together at the end for a heartwarming ending. There were some humorous moments throughout the story along with “awww’ moments with the darling kids and adorable kittens. The story does have some expected elements, but the rest of the story outweighed that aspect. Her Amish Wedding Quilt is a darling Amish tale with cute kittens, artistic quilt designs, fine furniture, a caring craftsman, a merry matchmaker, and Christmas cheer.
Profile Image for Christi.
620 reviews13 followers
December 20, 2020
I am in love with Amish books right now! They are the type of stories that are calming to me, reminding me that life can be simplified, and families can work together to help each other succeed. I've always admired the Amish and their work ethic, so much so that my bedroom set was purchased from an actual woodworking shop in an Amish community! That could be why Her Amish Wedding Quilt was such an amazing read for me, since in my mind I got my bed set from Noah's shop!

Normally, I do not get in the "can't put it down" mode with Amish books. They're usually my leisure reads when I feel like reading something, but am not in the mood for anything too heavy. This is the first Amish-themed book that I seriously could not put down.

This is also the first book that I've ever read by Winnie Griggs, but she has me spellbound with this new series! I don't know what it is about her writing that is so captivating, but she truly puts you there, in the minds and hearts of both Noah and Greta, feeling every raw emotion right along with them. I picked it up thinking I was in for another leisure read, but instead I was captivated from beginning to end, craving to see how the story played out. I was pleasantly surprised when things didn't work out as I thought they would, and loved all the little twists and turns.

I am already impatiently waiting for the next installment in the Hope's Haven series, and I'm kicking myself for not reading any of Winnie Griggs's books until now! Hands down, this is my favorite Amish read of 2020.

*I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book which I received from JustRead Tours. All views and opinions are completely honest, and my own.
1,516 reviews17 followers
December 18, 2020
This is my first book by author Winnie Griggs and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Greta and Noah’s story will sure stay with me for a good long while. Greta is part owner of a gift shop, but she also has a gift as a matchmaker. Noah is raising his children on his own, with help from family but now he needs to find someone to marry to be a mom to his two small children. Greta was happy to help find Noah a bride, since she has been doing so well at her matchmaking.

I love these characters, so well created by the author. Greta was a pretty good matcher but the problem this time was that the more she and Noah spent time together, the more they were attracted to each other. It was fun to watch the interactions between the two. And to watch Greta with Noah’s children. This is a really sweet Amish romance and on I highly recommend.

A special thanks to the author/publisher for a copy of this book. I am not required to write a positive review, the opinions here are mine alone. I am disclosing this with my review in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

898 reviews
December 18, 2020
Her Amish Wedding Quilt, by Winnie Griggs, is a wonderful story of friendship that grows to much more. This is a written story with warm, caring characters.
Greta is one of three daughter to a single father. He is questioning why they have not married. Greta has matched couples in the past and when a single dad is looking for a mother for his children, she struggles as he does not want a love based relationship.
I enjoyed reading this cute story. I enjoyed seeing the depth of love Noah has for his children. I enjoyed reading how Greta crafted beautiful quilts and how overly helpful she is. I especially liked how she was able to help the brothers to work through things in their past that shaped their current relationship. This story shows how easy it is for just a few things in our youth can shape how we feel toward others.
“I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.”
Profile Image for Erin.
1,431 reviews6 followers
November 29, 2020
She's a matchmaker. But she's never made a match for herself or her sisters. Maybe it's time.

Greta has been best friends with Calvin since grade school. She's thought herself in love with him but now he's courting her cousin and she's broken-hearted.

When Calvin's older brother needs help finding a wife and fast so that his sister can begin her running around time instead of watching his two children. But he doesn't want one for love. Just practical reasons. He's given up on love.

Greta promises to help him find a wife. She's got some good candidates but she'd love for him to find love instead of just a wife and mother.

Can Greta find a husband for herself and a wife for Noah? She's got a short deadline.

This was a fun and light-hearted read. I really enjoyed it and getting to know some new Amish friends. I really hope a second and third book is planned because I want to see Greta's sisters find love too. Greta needs to get to work on them next!

I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received through Netgalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. All opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC regulations.
Profile Image for Lori.
1,653 reviews68 followers
November 2, 2020
This new to me author has a great writing style and I have felt like I was in the story with Greta and Noah.
like how she brings her people to life in this story and they are so likeable that you feel like you've known them forever. I love a book like that.
I think that what I liked about this book was the friendships that were displayed in this story. However; a true friend would not do the things that were said and done in this story. That's just mean! But, there is a thing called forgiveness and redemption.
Yay for Greta! I've loved her from the start of this book.
She's responsible, caring, loving,
I don't know I just liked her a lot!
She also made me snicker a few times too. Especially when she put a certain someone in his place! Lol lol!! Just too cute!
Maisie was an excellent character too! So grown up and responsible!
Another thing that I liked about the story was how the author portrayed the Amish. How they're just like us and how some like to gossip. Their feelings I mean after all, they're human beings too.
What fascinates me most is their simple life styles. Their cooking is wonderful!
David and Anna were so adorable! It was a joy to know them. In my opinion they made the story lively.
Trust is certainly a hard thing. It's not easy for anyone but it's a necessary thing in life.
I read this story in two days because I wanted to savor it. It really was very good!
The romance part of this book was very good! Not too mushy at all!
I am going to say that my favorite scene was about the quilt Greta made.
One thing the author mentioned and I have learned the hard way is things are just that. Things.
Gott is the most important.
But what He does for us and whom He has placed in our lives is important too.
A friend recommended this book to me. I'm glad I picked it up and I in turn want to recommend to you!
My thanks to Forever publishing.
I was NOT required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.
1,276 reviews6 followers
December 22, 2020
Her Amish Wedding Quilt by Winnie Griggs
(Hope's Haven, 1)
This is Greta Eicher and Noah Stoll's story.
“Greta!”
Martha’s impatient call interrupted her pleasant thoughts. “I’m up!” she replied, quickly scrambling to her feet. The exasperated tone in her older shveshtah’s voice told her she’d been daydreaming at the window longer than she’d intended. She rubbed her arms against the chill, then glanced out the window once more. The shifting colors of dawn playing against the snowy fields suddenly sparked an idea for a new quilt pattern. She grabbed the sketchbook she kept close by for just that purpose and quickly drew a rough outline, capturing the vision before it got away.
Another, more insistent call from Martha forced her to set aside her pad. She dressed quickly, humming as she pinned her apron and cape in place. Then she put her hair up and donned her kapp, securing it with a single hairpin. Nothing could destroy her good mood today, not even Martha’s responsible-to-the-point-of-asperity attitude.
Greta grunted. “I’d rather count on a cart.” Then she cut her friend a sideways look. “Maybe I’ll share my idea with Noah. He could build them to sell.”
“Noah is always open to moneymaking ideas, though he has to be convinced that’s what they are before he acts.”
“Calvin’s bruder is a good businessman, for sure and for certain.” It was Noah Stoll who’d had the foresight to expand his woodworking shop and display floor to include three shops in addition to his own, creating the Hope’s Haven Amish Craft Mall.
I highly recommend reading.
Her Amish Wedding Quilt by Winnie Griggs is a wonderful well written 5 star book.
I am looking forward to reading more books by Winnie Griggs.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Netgalley.
Profile Image for Angeline.
392 reviews17 followers
November 18, 2020
Her Amish Wedding Quilt was such a cute and sweet book! I loved the characters and I will definitely read more of Winnie Griggs’s books. Her Amish Wedding Quilt it about Greta Eicher and Noah Stoll. Greta is spirited, impulsive and forthright, qualities no man wants in a wife. As she tries to be content with being a spinster, she offers to play matchmaker for Noah Stoll, a widower trying to care for his two children and balance his work. However, as Greta suggests women none of them seem to fit for Noah because unexpectedly his feelings of respect and friendship for Greta have grown into something even deeper and richer. But will he be able to overcome the pain of his path and perhaps form a relationship with Greta?
This was a really cute book! I thought that the premise was really intriguing and I loved the characters. Greta was a lot like me, impulsive and forthright, I really related to her. However, I also felt bad for her as she tried to navigate life knowing that she was different from other women and that no man would want her as a wife. She was strong, but she was kind and she really cared for Noah and his kids.
Noah was the strong silent kind of guy. He didn’t always express his feelings, but he was kind and thoughtful. I thought that he was a sweetheart and I really liked him. He cared for Greta from the beginning, but it took a little while for him to realize his feelings for her. He loved his children and he wanted the best for them. There were points where I wanted to shake him because he was trying to suppress his feelings for Greta. But everything worked out in the end.
Her Amish Wedding Quilt was a cute book. It was such a fun story, Greta started out as helping Noah find a wife but they end up falling in love instead. I adored the characters! I would definitely recommend Her Amish Wedding Quilt! I can’t wait to see what comes next in the series.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher through Netgalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion, a positive review was not required.
Profile Image for Kathy .
3,299 reviews
4.5 stars.

The first installment in the Hope's Haven series, Her Amish Wedding Quilt by Winnie Griggs is a heartwarming Amish romance.

Greta Eicher is a plainspoken, full of life young woman who co-owns a quilt shop with her friend Esther Mast. Since Greta is not the typical quiet, biddable Amish woman, her courtships have quickly ended.  A little hurt when the man she has her eye on falls for someone else, she resigns herself to remaining single. But when Esther's cousin, Noah Stoll, begins searching for a bride, Greta offers to find a suitable match for him. But will Greta end up being the best choice for Noah?

Greta is a wonderful young woman who gets lost in designing and sewing beautiful quilts. She knows she is nothing like the usual Amish women, but she has no desire to change her personality for anyone.  She is pragmatic and a quick thinker who is well liked and respected.  Greta is quick to offer her assistance to Noah while also helping out with caring his two young children David and Anna.

Noah is a widower who really has no desire to fall in love again. But he knows that David and Anna need a mother so he resigns himself remarrying. Noah is not looking for a typical marriage but he hopes he will find a woman who wants the same things he does. A little skeptical at first, he is pleasantly surprised by Greta's suggestions for possible matches for him.

Noah and Greta spend quite a bit time together and an unexpected friendship grows between them. Noah is surprised by how much he enjoys getting to know Greta. She is taken off guard by the little pang she gets each time she sets him up with a prospective bride. But will Noah find his future bride among the candidates Greta selects for him?

Her Amish Wedding Quilt is an absolutely wonderful novel of healing and unanticipated love. Greta and Noah are vibrantly developed with relatable flaws and marvelous strengths.  The storyline is engaging and moves at a brisk pace.  Despite a few misunderstandings, Winnie Griggs brings this marvelous Amish romance to a sigh-worthy conclusion. The  Hope's Haven series is off to a strong beginning with this charming first installment.
Profile Image for Cindy Davis- Cindy's Book Corner.
856 reviews49 followers
November 7, 2020
This was my first time reading a book by Winnie Griggs. I really enjoyed her engaging writing style. From the first paragraph of the book I was sucked in and curious about what was going to happen next. This was a quick, easy read, despite the fact that it is over 300 pages. I love Greta's feisty, out-spoken temperament and that she holds true to who she is, despite the fact that she was often told to change her ways. While she is out-spoken, it is never in a rude, abrasive way. She is sweet, kind and extremely caring, especially to those she loves the most. Noah has a more abrupt personality, but truly cares for his children, and those around him, yet not in obvious ways like Greta. They both have major hurts that they need to overcome if they hope to have a chance at a loving relationship. While this story moves at a steady pace, there are plenty of surprises along the way to keep it from being predictable. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading about the Amish, anyone who loves clean romance stories, and anyone with a love of Christian fiction. While some are turned off by books that are labeled "Christian" this book does not have a preachy, offensive feel to it. The characters do mention God and His will, but again, not in an in your face way. Thank you to Forever publishing and Net Galley for the opportunity to read this book, in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to give a positive review, all opinions are entirely my own.
Profile Image for Debra.
100 reviews
November 30, 2020
Here you will meet an Amish matchmaker....Greta Eicher. She does this just to help out some friends and seems to have been successful at it....for all but herself! Her community tells her that she will have to change her ways, in order for any man to want to marry her. Greta is a strong outspoken woman, who doesn't cringe in the light of adversity....she thrives!

The "one" that Greta thought would be her forever, turns out to have another, in the wings, and Greta steps aside. It is painful, but necessary. In her journey, towards heartbreak healing, she becomes friends with Noah Stoll and his children, who is the brother of her former suitor.

The ups, the downs, the fears, the joys are all part of their journey. The question is will Greta be able to overcome her feelings for her former suitor to be able to move on with her life and will Noah be able to take the steps forward to make Greta a part of his and his children's lives.

A wonderful read that will leave you wanting more....
907 reviews4 followers
December 11, 2020
Greta is a creative and talented quilter as well as co-owner of a quilt shop renting space from Noah. With her forthright and spirited nature, the men of her town seem to prefer quieter meeker women. Greta believed that her best friend Calvin might court her, but he has started to court another woman. With a promise to his sister that he would find another caregiver, widower Noah realizes that he needs to marry again to provide alternative care for his two young children. Since Greta has successfully matched other couples, Greta offers to find a match for Noah. I received a free copy of this ebook from the publisher through Netgalley. This is my honest and voluntarily given review. I love Greta, who is so sweet, open-hearted, and insightful. I really like Noah, who is sensitive and wounded by the past. I love how Greta and Noah started as friends. This is a sweet Amish romance. I am so glad that Greta found a match for herself. I look forward to reading more in this series and by this author.
359 reviews
March 16, 2021
Her Amish Wedding Quilt is the first book I have read by Winnie Griggs and I found it very uplifting and enjoyable. The story begins on New Years Day and Greta is ready for a new beginning. She believes this is the day her good friend will acknowledge that there is more between them. Sadly, though, she is mistaken. In an attempt to get her mind off of her loss, she agrees to help her friend Noah find a wife. Noah, for his part, is looking more for a business arrangement then a love match. However, as they spend time together, the two may find that they are both looking at what they need! The story was well written and a lot of fun. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and seeing the choices they made. Greta is a delightful young lady who you can't help but love. And Noah is such a strong, responsible person that you just want the best for him. I am thankful to #NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book. I will be looking for more by Winnie Griggs! All opinions are my own. #Bookstagram #all_the_pages
Profile Image for Michelle .
983 reviews23 followers
October 4, 2022
Her Amish Wedding Quilt is an Amish romance by author Winnie Griggs.

Her Amish Wedding Quilt begins in the prologue, so be sure to read it for the backstory. Chapter one begins seventeen years later.

Greta Eicher was outspoken and forward toward Calvin Stoll, wanting them to be a couple. However, Calvin had eyes for Greta’s cousin Wanda Beachy.

Noah Stoll is looking for a wife, and mother for his children. As far as Greta could see she was doomed for spinsterhood. She was great at match-making for others, but she hasn’t found herself a soul mate.

Author Winnie Griggs is a new-to-me author who is now on my auto-watch list. I give Her Amish Wedding Quilt 5*/5*.

Disclaimer: I receive complimentary books from various sources, including, publishers, publicists, authors, and/or NetGalley. I am not required to write a positive review and have not received any compensation. The opinions shared here are my own entirely. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
Profile Image for Maureen Timerman.
2,752 reviews467 followers
November 11, 2020
This a new author to me, but it won't be the last book I read by her, I loved it. This read quickly became a page turner, and kept me entertained right to the end.
Words spoken that are taken to heart have kept Greta from making a match for herself, and doing what every Amish woman wants, a home and family. Greta has now found a gift, she has become a matchmaker, having a few successful matches.
Enter widower Noah, a man raising two very young children alone, well, he does have the help of his family, but becomes desperate when some of that help is going to end.
We get to see and go along on the ride as Greta begins to work her magic of finding him a fraa. Is Greta up to this challenge?
Surprises are found here and we a quickly wound up in their lives and happenings, and we get to see how each reacts!
You don't want to miss this one and see how it all works out!
I received this book through Net Galley and Forever Publishing, and was not required to give a positive review.
Profile Image for C Allen.
288 reviews6 followers
November 21, 2020
Thank you Forever, Grand Central Publishing for introducing me to fellow Louisianan and, new to me author, Winnie Griggs. Winnie does an outstanding job with her new book, Her Amish Wedding Quilt, which is due to be released on December 15, 2020.

Greta Eicher is a very independent young woman who has been told forever, by everyone, that she must change her ways if she ever expects to find a suitable mate. After her long-time best friend decides to marry another, she fears everyone is right and she falls into the role of the matchmaker for her friend's brother, Noah Stoll.

Now, the nagging question, Who will be the best wife and Mother to Noah and his two adorable children?

Excellent first try at Amish fiction. Congratulations on a 5-star start.

I was given an ARC through Netgalley by Forever, Grand Central Publishing. My viewpoint on this book are my own and was not required to give a positive review.
Profile Image for Luz Trevino.
1,447 reviews5 followers
November 28, 2020
Her Amish Wedding Quilt
1st book in the "Hopes Haven" series
Rating: 4 stars
Thank you to the publisher for the ARC given through NetGalley for review. All opinions are my own.

This was a very sweet romantic read. I really liked Noah and Greta. They each had a personality that was not comfortable to others, but they seemed to compliment each other very well. It is like they understood what the other was thinking without having to talk. They both feel out of place within their family. Noah has become the authoritative figure in his family since his father passed away, while Greta is the outspoken one in hers.
One of the things that I really liked about the story was the significance of making quilts in their community. I would love to have one. I liked how each one tells a story.
The secondary characters were also a joy to read about. I look forwards to see who's next in Hope Haven to get their HEA.
Profile Image for Vicky Sluiter.
Author 1 book73 followers
December 26, 2020
This was my first book by author Winnie Griggs, but it won’t be the last. I found her style of writing to be engaging and enjoyable. I’m looking forward to book two in the series.

Her Amish Wedding Quilt caught my attention right from the beginning. Greta is not the typical Amish woman and she often made me laugh. Noah is quite the guy, and doesn’t have a clue what he wants. Both need healing from the past, learning to trust God. These characters have depth, and I’d love to invite them over for dinner.

There were many unexpected turns in this story, which made it even more fun to read. I’m sure I stayed up too late just to see what happened next. Add in two adorable children and you have a book that will keep you up late, too.

If you enjoy Amish fiction that isn’t the typical story then I highly recommend reading this one.

I received a complimentary copy of this book but was not required to leave a review.
287 reviews3 followers
November 18, 2020
Lovers of Amish books will enjoy reading this book so much. It tells us about Amish lady, Greta Eicher, who fears her hopes and dreams of marriage and a family will never come true. When her best friend, Calvin, chooses to marry her cousin, she spends her time making beautiful quilts and playing matchmaker. When Calvin’s brother, Noah, a widower, needs to find a wife and mother for his two children, Greta takes on his search for a wife.

There are many challenges for both of them in their endeavor to find where life will lead them. Faith to overcome their past hurts and give love another chance – will they be able to overcome these obstacles?

I highly recommend this book. This was a quick, easy read and thoroughly enjoyable book. Thank you to Forever Publishing (Grand Central Publishing) for the copy of this book through NetGalley.
Profile Image for Sunnie.
798 reviews23 followers
December 3, 2020
This was the first book I have read by this author. So was happy to read it and it was a good book. It was a great introduction to a new author which is always fun to see different styles of writing, different viewpoints, etc. I will continue to watch for this author. I really thought it was a well written, and entertaining book.
I loved Greta and Noah. I loved the matchmaker role of Greta and the determination and strong character she portrayed. I thought Noah was a wonderful match and his mature character seemed to come through as he went along with the hunt for his perfect match. Will he ever find the right one???

This was truly an enjoyable read. Great story, great characters! Just a great book all around.

I received an ebook copy from NetGalley. All thoughts are my own.
194 reviews2 followers
November 1, 2020
Greta is an outspoken Amish woman who owns a quilt shop with her friend Esther. Greta is expecting Calvin her childhood friend to start courting her, instead Calvin tells her he wants to court another girl. Noah is Calvin’s brother and is a widower. Noah needs a wife to help him and his children. He wants a business arrangement for his wife. Greta volunteers to be Noah’s matchmaker. Eventually these two start a friendship and start to see each other different. Can this friendship become deeper? I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters in this book. Thank you to NetGalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing) for the E-ARC. This is my own opinion.
Profile Image for Claudia.
682 reviews5 followers
December 15, 2020
As expected, this work of Amish fiction provides a sweet, wholesome read. Possibly less expected, it also provides food for thought about the deep theme of the influence of childhood events on adult relationships, for better or for worse. It also gives hope that through the Spirit we can be victors over our thought-life, taking every every thought captive for Christ.

I enjoyed Noah's story of seeking a helpmate and Greta's of seeking acceptance. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Her Amish Wedding Quilt from Hatchette Book Group via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.
270 reviews1 follower
April 7, 2021
This is the first book in Grigg's Hope's Haven series. The second book will be out fall/winter this year.

The book's main characters are Greta Eicher, a single lady who's also a passionate quilter and part owner of a quilting shop, and widower Noah Stoll, who's a woodworker w/ two small children. Noah agrees to have Greta be his matchmaker, but what will happen when the three women on her list don't work out?

I thought this was a delightful and fast-paced story. and am looking forward to the second book's release. If you're an Amish romance fiction fan, you won't want to miss out on this book!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.