Jump to ratings and reviews

Life's Not Over Yet

Trisha moves to Chail, a beautiful hill station to escape from her past on the advice of her friend. She realizes soon enough that her friend has not told her everything.

In time Dev and her, become good friends. Even though they both start caring for each other, she is not able to forget her past or share her past with him.

Trisha must decide what is more important, her past or her future. Will she give up on her dreams and resign herself to her fate or take one day at a time and start rebuilding her life again.

Life's not over yet is a heart-warming love story that shows you, life can be magical as well as painful. At any moment your entire life can change for better or for worse. The best way to enjoy the magic or survive the pain is to surround yourselves with the people who love you.

92 pages, Paperback

Published December 12, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Vidisha Chandna Dua

4 books11 followers
Ever since she can remember Vidisha has been a daydreamer. She loves to travel, try different cuisines, dance, listen to music and most of all she loves to read. She is also a Chartered Accountant who has worked in the Finance industry for over 11 years.
Vidisha took a break from work when her daughter was born. Her life changed when she took her daughter to her first dance class. She had an hour to spare so she started writing a story and then there was no looking back. Her first Romance Novella 'Life's Not Over Yet' is the first in a series of books about life. With life experiences from the Middle East, Scandinavia, Australia and India, Vidisha weaves an emotional and romantic journey for her characters. She has always believed that if you really want something, the universe will come together and open doors that you never thought existed, all you have to do is listen and look carefully around you.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews
Profile Image for Whispering Stories.
2,573 reviews2,552 followers
February 17, 2021
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Life’s Not Over Yet is a short slow-burn romance novella of just 61 pages. The book opens with Trisha arriving in Hill Station, Chail, India looking for a fresh start and to reflect on the past. Her friend has arranged accommodation for her, which she believes is a one-bedroom apartment, but turns out to be a room in Doctor Dev’s house.

Dev is fiercely independent and likes his privacy. He was persuaded by his sister to let an ‘older’ woman who needed somewhere to stay live with him for a few days, but when he was drunk she got him to sign a one-year lease.

The characters are well developed and enjoyable to follow. Dev came across as a bit arrogant at the beginning but then he had been duped into letting someone stay at his house for a year. Trisha is a private character who doesn’t like talking about her past. You know something happened but it isn’t until late in the plot that you discover what.

Although the story is only 61 pages at times it felt longer as sometimes there were passages that felt unnecessary, fillers that didn’t add anything to the plot. Other times the book was absorbing, especially the conversations Dev and Trisha had.

Vidisha Chandna Dua has a knack for recreating real-life in her work and just as she did in her previous work we reviewed ‘Love and Hate‘ she has created a short story I read in one sitting and with a twist I didn’t see coming.
March 13, 2021
Many thanks to the author for a chance to read and review this book. All opinions are expressed voluntarily.

Life’s Not Over Yet explores the theme of living life on one’s own terms. Trisha has moved to a new place to get a perspective of what she wants to do in life. She expects a one-bedroom apartment as her place of stay but her friend has arranged something totally different, a room inside a doctor’s house. The doctor in question has also been manipulated into signing on the dotted line of the lease and is therefore shocked to find himself with a boarder.

It was impressive how the author has characterized Trisha, she’s relatable as one amongst us, not always sweet and not always rude but someone who is wary and doubtful of her situation and thereby deals it with ways that any one of us would react to. Dev begins as someone who is self-centred but the scales do come off as the story progresses and the relationship changes from strangers to friends to lovers.

Life’s Not Over Yet is short and sweet, the sort of story that teaches us that Life definitely has few surprises in store whether we want it or not. My only hitch is that I never got an idea about the age range that we are looking at for both Dev and Trisha, it is said she’s older but how old, is she in her 50’s, 60’s? The whole story is about looking past that age factor but Trisha’s picture never fully formed in my mind coz of that gap. Also, I felt that the reason for estrangement from her family lacked intensity which would have made it more germane.

A breezy romance that is entertaining.

This review is published in my blog https://rainnbooks.com/, Goodreads, Amazon India, and Twitter.
Profile Image for Rose Auburn.
Author 1 book43 followers
January 21, 2021
Life’s Not Over Yet is set in India and introduces us to Trisha; who, on the advice of her friend, has decided to take some time away from her normal life to deal with personal issues. She takes a room in a house situated in a beautiful hill station, Chail. However, her friend has not been entirely honest and the owner of the property, Dev, is not especially keen to have a lodger…

Life’s Not Over is a sweetly endearing novella that proves you are never too old to begin again or embark on a new relationship. Trisha is an introspective and clearly quite fragile character whose reasons for wanting a break are unclear until the end of the book. I thought she was affectionately portrayed by Vidisha although at times she could be a little frustrating. Dev was interesting; veering between mild arrogance and laidback humility. The chemistry between him and Trisha was nicely evident from the beginning and there were enough little twists in the narrative to keep the reader guessing. Technically, the tenses occasionally flicker between past/present and it would have been nice to have a touch more personal definition in both Dev and Trisha’s dialogue.

It’s clear that Vidisha has a passion for story-telling and I look forward to reading her further novellas to discover where her imagination takes both herself as a writer and us as readers. Recommended.
8,192 reviews93 followers
January 31, 2021
This is the 1st book I've read written by Vidisha Chandna Dua; she has done a great job at writing a good short story; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Profile Image for Linda.
681 reviews32 followers
March 6, 2021
Life’s Not Over Yet by Vidisha Chandna Dua

Trisha is going through a mid-life crisis. Her friend sets her up with a one year lease in Chail where she has a job waiting for her. Trisha is under the impression her friend has lined her up with an apartment of her own. However, she leased a room in her friend’s brother’s house. Dev is a doctor who is going through his own stuff and doesn’t remember signing the lease because he was too drunk to remember. Both characters are strong willed but Trisha has the upper hand because she has a signed lease for one year.

Dev is an arrogant jerk for the first six months of the lease. Trisha and he have an agreement to stay out of each other’s way which seems to be working out for both of them. Anyway, after six months Dev finally realizes he has been a jerk and Trisha can now stay for the whole year’s lease. Honestly, she wasn’t even looking for another place to live.

I had a really hard time trying to like both of these characters. Dev for being an arrogant jerk and then after having dug his heels in for six months decides that is all water under the bridge so let’s be friends now. Trisha was a control freak with everyone except Dev. Their whole situation drove me nuts. I believe this is more of a personal dislike, so other readers may have a completely different experience with “Life’s Not Over Yet.”

FYI: Clean & Wholesome Romance. **Originally written for "Books and Pals" book blog. May have received a free review copy.** January 7, 2021
Format/Typo Issues: A small number of proofing errors.
November 23, 2020
It’s never too late to fall in love.

One of best parts of this tale had to do with how all of the characters treated one another. While there were times when they disagreed on certain topics, everyone was always kind and respectful to those around them. This is something that I enjoy finding to matter which genre I read. It’s heartwarming to see characters treat each other well. Honestly, these are personality traits that matter more to me than just about anything else an author could think to write about their characters.

This story included many details that slowed down the pacing of the plot. This wordiness could be found in the dialogue, setting, and descriptions of what the characters were thinking while others spoke to them. As intrigued as I was by the storyline itself, there were times when it was hard to stay focused on what I was reading because of how often the plot was interrupted by these things.

Dev and Trisha had great chemistry, especially given the unconventional way they met. I appreciated the fact that they had appropriate amounts of wariness about each other and took plenty to time to get to know one another before anything even remotely romantic happened between them. That was a sensible way to write those scenes, and it gave me plenty of time to start anticipating the thought of them possibly falling in love.

Anyone who likes slow-burning romances should take note of Life’s Not Over Yet.
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.