Start by marking “Defending Roxanne (GHOST, #2)” as Want to Read:
Defending Roxanne (GHOST, #2)

Defending Roxanne (GHOST, #2)

Secrets and lies have become deadly.

While investigating the murder of her parents, Roxanne Bowman encounters more than she ever thought she would. The secrets that both of her parents kept knock her off kilter. Finding an intruder in their home afterwards changes her life forever.

GHOST operative, Hawk Delany is back in the swing of things after being shot while working
Published October 22nd 2019 by Rolling Thunder Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Defending Roxanne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defending Roxanne

Start your review of Defending Roxanne (GHOST, #2)
Joelle
This was another great read in this ongoing series.I love a story that has strong female characters and this story had just that.Roxanne has grown up in a military household and her father and brothers made sure she was able to protect herself so its not surprising that she takes it upon herself to solve the murders of her parents and a foreign military dignitary in their mitts.

I loved Roxanne from the onset of the story as she was a strong character also smart and clever as well as sassy and a
Tessa -Poised Pen Productions
Roxanne Bowman returns home to investigate the murder of both of her parents.

Shortly after her arrival, her parents’ home is invaded, and she finds herself at the mercy of the intruders. But they are not who they seem.

A case of mistaken identity has Hawk Delany and the G.H.O.S.T. team believing that Roxanne is the one intruding. They’ve been hired by an outside source to investigate not only her parent’s deaths, but also the death of a high-level foreign dignitary. Are these deaths connected?

Eve
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Loving this series! After reading the first book in this series, I was interested to read the next installment and was not disappointed! After the murder of her parents, Roxanne devotes herself to finding out who did it, and in the process meets Hawk and the rest of the GHOST team as they break into her childhood home. They decide to join forces and together determine who it was who killed her parents as well as the reasoning behind it. But throughout the investigation, Hawk and Roxanne start to ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are back with the GHOST operatives. This time, in the middle of the night, they are in the house of a couple that was recently murdered and trying to find answers to their death. Little do they know that their daughter, Roxanne, is there . After a struggle between GHOST and Roxanne, they both realize that their goal is the same, find out what really happened.
As the plot thickens , Hawk Delaney, the lead in his mission, and Roxanne, a lawyer and a very self-sufficient woman, feel the pull betw
Island Girl Romance Reads
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series and The men of GHOST very much.
Roxanne Bowman parents were recently murdered and she wants answers of who killed them. Not getting anything from the local law enforcements, she investigating herself.
GHOST operative Hawk Delaney is send on a mission to investigate the murder of a foreign dignitary and an American couple.
Love Roxanne. She’s a strong and courageous heroine that knows what she wants.
Hawk is one hot Alpha but he’s sworn of relationships because of a heartbreak los
Sue
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent job writting this book and loved hearing from other charactors from her books. Hawk lost his wife Sarah in a shoot out and Roxanne lost her parents the same way mostly. She's determined to find out who killed her parents when she was surprised someone was in her parent house while she was there. Hawk and some of his team were the ones in the house. They were there on special assignment to find out what happened as well. There is a lot of action, secrets, danger and steam. Excellent sto ...more
Annette Reavis
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every book I read by PJ Fiala's gets better and better. One of my favorite parts of her storytelling is how she includes all her characters from other books. She writes her characters so strong and although she concentrates on the main couple there is so much more by including past characters in this story. I loved both Roxanne and Hawk – both dealing with how to come to terms with their loss. This is an action-packed story, with strong yet imperfect characters, full of suspense, as well as roma ...more
Ginny Pearson
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Roxanne wants the answers on who killed her parents. Hawk is ready for a case after healing from the last case.
Wyatt and Hawk find Roxanne in the house when they go in to look for clues. Roxanne tries to run from them but soon realizes she will get the answers better with their help.
Hawk and Roxanne are attracted to each other even if this isn't the best time. Can they have a relationship and still get the answers?
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story takes off from page one and has you glued to the pages. She was looking for answers and closure to her parents death. Hawk was trying to come to terms with the death of his wife. Nothing prepared him for his encounter with Roxanne. This story was filled with action, a renewal of love and have your emotions all over the place. I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Annemieke Westerbeek
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a super suspenseful book full of hot men and strong women.
I love the characters and the setting, the details, the bickering and the bantering. I could not put it down and I held my breath a few times.
This book is full of action, plotting, it is easy to read and it is funny at times I enjoyed it very much. I recommend highly this book. Go grab your copy.
Chris
This sucked me in right from the beginning. I really enjoyed jumping into this world again with the GHOST team. Both the characters and the story itself were excellent and kept me constantly turning the pages to see what was going to happen next. I loved what a spitfire Roxanne was and how she and Hawk just fit.
Belinda
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of high paced action in the book. Roxanne is trying to find out who killed her parents. Hawk is trying to find out who killed his wife. Lots of action that keeps you turbo g the page to see what happens next. A guaranteed happily ever after. A must read!
Nancy Kehl
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hawt chemistry🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥, page turning mystery and murder...Can Hawk solve this case and protect Roxanne without putting his emotions on the line or will he lose her 😬 and his heart 😲...what an awesome read 😍😍😍😍!!!
Pat
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The plot was well written and well planned which had me hooked from the very beginning and the interaction and chemistry between Hawk and Roxanne kept me totally glued to my kindle until the turn of the very last page!
Chanel
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
The suspense part of this book never grabbed my attention. I just was not into the steps taken to solve the murders. Though, I was hooked on Hawk and Roxanne’s relationship. The whole GHOST team are an interesting bunch and I enjoyed learning more about them.
Marie
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't be a regifter!

Another amazing book in the GHOST series, we met Hawk in book one and knew he was big, dark, dangerous and tortured, but not why. Here we find out just why his walls are so high and if his actions in book 1 hadn't gifted your heart to him his trauma and guilt here will. But seeing him with Roxanne, watching her work her way around those walls to bring him to his knees gives you hope that maybe, just maybe he can get past his guilt and have a future.
As with all books in this s
Iris Hehe
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Roxanne met Hawk when she heard a noise in the middle of the night. She was in the kitchen and found two men in her father's office. One was Hawk he and Wyatt were looking for clues as to who killed her parents. When they finally believed her that she really was in her own house. They joined forces to figure it out together.
Becky
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is great! Hawk and Roxanne are made for each other. After Roxanne's parents are murdered, the GHOST team is called in to find out who killed them. An exciting story of political upheaval.
barbara keller
great book, a must read Pj's ghost series is a great snuggle read, very intense and wonderful chemistry, GHOST has an amazing family feel

Sheila Schoenauer
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb to this book I thought it sounded really familiar. Than I remembered I read a peak of the first chapter in the back of Defending Sophie. It was then that I knew I wanted to read this book. While it is the second book in the GHOST series it can most definitely be read as a stand alone. You won't feel like you missed a thing as the characters from that book appear in this book but it's not interconnected other than you see them again for a very short period near the end.

I re
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh yeah, these sexy beasts of GHOST are all that and a bag of chips! PJ Fiala is so talented, addictive, and her suspense factor is next level, as Defending Roxanne came out of the gate with a BANG, and it NEVER slowed down! Roxanne Bowman's parents were murdered, and she didn't have a clue as to why, but because of her emotional state, she didn't really look into it too hard before Hawk Delany crashed into her life. See, his GHOST organization was hired to look in to the murder, so he & another ...more
Tracy Quoka
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest and voluntary review. I love a good romantic suspense especially if they have a kick a$$ heroine, and a lot of Ms. Fiala's females fit that description. This book is the second book in her GHOST series, but can be read as a stand alone. The GHOST is a spin off of Bounty Hunter series. I digress... Roxanne Bowman is reeling from the death of her parents; dad was a White House dignitary, and mom was the dutiful wife. They had the quintessential marriage ...more
Reading Addict
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in the GHOST ops series and was looking forward to reading Hawk Delany's story. It begins in the family home of attorney Roxanne Bowman. Her parents and a foreign dignitary had been executed two weeks prior and she is in their home looking for clues to what happened when a group of men breaks into the house in the middle of the night. Hawk and his team didn't expect anyone to be in the home of the case that they have been hired to find answers on and he certainly didn't exp ...more
Kim
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The men at GHOST are top notch at there job and over the top for there woman !! They all have stories behind there stories but when they share there past they also open there hearts to new love !!

Hawk is Tiger in Roxanne’s eyes and of course he doesn’t see it ? After loosing Sarah at a job he doesn’t think he can or deserve to ever be with anyone else. Roxanne isn’t going to push the issue but she does know how she feels and hopes be feels the same way .. just a little ..

When his job is complet
Marilyn
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PJ Fiala you have done a great job with this book. Lots of intriguing situations with Hawk and Roxanne, lits of group interactions with the GHOST crew members and of course,steamy romance. Beautifully written, pulling you in and not letting go.
Roxanne's parents have been murdered with nobody knowing who or why they were killed. No known suspects, no ideas and almost no clues. Someone called Casper at GHOST HQ, asking for them to investigate. While Roxanne is going through her parents' papers she
Country Girl
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kari Hansen
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After the death of her parents all Roxanne wanted was answers and where better to start looking for the truth than in their home. The last thing she expected was for two members of the GHOST team to appear in the house and not only give her a fright but think she is in the wrong for being there.

Hawk is a man with a painful past and even though he and Roxanne didn’t meet under ideal circumstances he is intrigued by the blonde beauty. She is not about to give up her search for the answers she so d
Cindy Reifel
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Roxanne is devastated over the loss of her parents and, an ambassador who was a friend of her father. She has been trying to figure this out on her own, for two months when. one day she comes home and, is "attacked" by a group of men who are treating her like SHE's the criminal!!!
After the GHOST team figures out just who Roxanne is, they explain that they have been ordered to investigate the deaths of Roxanne's parents and, the death of the Ambassador. They have gotten these orders from a govern
Gwen Shafer
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first I have read in this series and I absolutely loved it. Roxanne Bowman returns home intent to find out who killed her parents. The same night she arrives her home is invaded. GHOST has been hired to also find out who killed her parents. They are a special team that was hired by someone she knows to find out the truth. She is now at their mercy. But really is it is bad when you have Hawk there to protect you? Sparks instantly fly between Roxanne and Hawk but he is determined to ke ...more
Vickie Chaisson
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Defending Roxanne is one of PJ Fiala's best!

Defending Roxanne is a kick a$$ book is full of alpha men defending our country and the women they fall in love with. Fiala always gives us a story that you cannot put down and this book is no different. We get to meet new members of the Ghost team as well as some favorites we already know. Hawk and Roxanne will become some of your characters. These two are very expertly written with all the characteristics that make for good reading. Hawk has lost lov
« previous 1 3 next »

• Defending Sophie (GHOST, #1)
  • Missing the Spark (Bluegrass Security, #1)
  • Missing the Point (Bluegrass Security, #2)
  • Rescuing Katherine (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Bravo RISC Team, #2)
  • Saving Love (Brotherhood Protectors World; Saving #1)
  • Maximus (Special Forces: Operation Alpha, Gold Team #4)
  • Taking Liberty (The Next Generation #7)
  • Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • Missing Desire (Bluegrass Security, #3)
  • Ford (The Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • Dodge (The Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • The SEAL's Surprise Rescue (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Protecting Clover (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Search & Rescue Book 2)
  • Trusting Xavier (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Fierce Protectors Book 8)
  • Tracking Tahlula (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #3)
  • Fighting For Carly (Tarpley VFD #2; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Securing Ara (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Team Cerberus Book 6)
  • Lincoln (The Bounty Hunters, #2)
I was born in a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri named Bridgeton. During my time in Missouri, I explored the Ozarks, swam in the Mississippi River, played kickball and endless games of hide and seek with the neighborhood kids. Spending summers in Kentucky with my Grandmother, Ruth, are the fondest childhood memories for me.

At the age of thirteen, my family moved to Wisconsin to learn to farm. Yes, l

News & Interviews