Start by marking “Defending Roxanne (GHOST, #3)” as Want to Read:
Defending Roxanne (GHOST, #3)

Defending Roxanne

(GHOST #3)

Secrets and lies have become deadly.

While investigating the murder of her parents, Roxanne Bowman encounters more than she ever thought she would. The secrets that both of her parents kept knock her off kilter. Finding an intruder in their home afterwards changes her life forever.

GHOST operative, Hawk Delany is back in the swing of things after being shot while working
Published October 22nd 2019 by Rolling Thunder Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Defending Roxanne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defending Roxanne

Start your review of Defending Roxanne (GHOST, #3)
Joelle
This was another great read in this ongoing series.I love a story that has strong female characters and this story had just that.Roxanne has grown up in a military household and her father and brothers made sure she was able to protect herself so its not surprising that she takes it upon herself to solve the murders of her parents and a foreign military dignitary in their mitts.

I loved Roxanne from the onset of the story as she was a strong character also smart and clever as well as sassy and a
Tessa -Poised Pen Productions
Roxanne Bowman returns home to investigate the murder of both of her parents.

Shortly after her arrival, her parents’ home is invaded, and she finds herself at the mercy of the intruders. But they are not who they seem.

A case of mistaken identity has Hawk Delany and the G.H.O.S.T. team believing that Roxanne is the one intruding. They’ve been hired by an outside source to investigate not only her parent’s deaths, but also the death of a high-level foreign dignitary. Are these deaths connected?

Eve
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Loving this series! After reading the first book in this series, I was interested to read the next installment and was not disappointed! After the murder of her parents, Roxanne devotes herself to finding out who did it, and in the process meets Hawk and the rest of the GHOST team as they break into her childhood home. They decide to join forces and together determine who it was who killed her parents as well as the reasoning behind it. But throughout the investigation, Hawk and Roxanne start to ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are back with the GHOST operatives. This time, in the middle of the night, they are in the house of a couple that was recently murdered and trying to find answers to their death. Little do they know that their daughter, Roxanne, is there . After a struggle between GHOST and Roxanne, they both realize that their goal is the same, find out what really happened.
As the plot thickens , Hawk Delaney, the lead in his mission, and Roxanne, a lawyer and a very self-sufficient woman, feel the pull betw
Island Girl Romance Reads
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series and The men of GHOST very much.
Roxanne Bowman parents were recently murdered and she wants answers of who killed them. Not getting anything from the local law enforcements, she investigating herself.
GHOST operative Hawk Delaney is send on a mission to investigate the murder of a foreign dignitary and an American couple.
Love Roxanne. She’s a strong and courageous heroine that knows what she wants.
Hawk is one hot Alpha but he’s sworn of relationships because of a heartbreak los
Sue
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent job writting this book and loved hearing from other charactors from her books. Hawk lost his wife Sarah in a shoot out and Roxanne lost her parents the same way mostly. She's determined to find out who killed her parents when she was surprised someone was in her parent house while she was there. Hawk and some of his team were the ones in the house. They were there on special assignment to find out what happened as well. There is a lot of action, secrets, danger and steam. Excellent sto ...more
Annette Reavis
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every book I read by PJ Fiala's gets better and better. One of my favorite parts of her storytelling is how she includes all her characters from other books. She writes her characters so strong and although she concentrates on the main couple there is so much more by including past characters in this story. I loved both Roxanne and Hawk – both dealing with how to come to terms with their loss. This is an action-packed story, with strong yet imperfect characters, full of suspense, as well as roma ...more
Ginny Pearson
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Roxanne wants the answers on who killed her parents. Hawk is ready for a case after healing from the last case.
Wyatt and Hawk find Roxanne in the house when they go in to look for clues. Roxanne tries to run from them but soon realizes she will get the answers better with their help.
Hawk and Roxanne are attracted to each other even if this isn't the best time. Can they have a relationship and still get the answers?
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story takes off from page one and has you glued to the pages. She was looking for answers and closure to her parents death. Hawk was trying to come to terms with the death of his wife. Nothing prepared him for his encounter with Roxanne. This story was filled with action, a renewal of love and have your emotions all over the place. I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Annemieke Westerbeek
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a super suspenseful book full of hot men and strong women.
I love the characters and the setting, the details, the bickering and the bantering. I could not put it down and I held my breath a few times.
This book is full of action, plotting, it is easy to read and it is funny at times I enjoyed it very much. I recommend highly this book. Go grab your copy.
Chris
This sucked me in right from the beginning. I really enjoyed jumping into this world again with the GHOST team. Both the characters and the story itself were excellent and kept me constantly turning the pages to see what was going to happen next. I loved what a spitfire Roxanne was and how she and Hawk just fit.
Belinda
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of high paced action in the book. Roxanne is trying to find out who killed her parents. Hawk is trying to find out who killed his wife. Lots of action that keeps you turbo g the page to see what happens next. A guaranteed happily ever after. A must read!
Nancy Kehl
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hawt chemistry🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥, page turning mystery and murder...Can Hawk solve this case and protect Roxanne without putting his emotions on the line or will he lose her 😬 and his heart 😲...what an awesome read 😍😍😍😍!!!
Pat
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The plot was well written and well planned which had me hooked from the very beginning and the interaction and chemistry between Hawk and Roxanne kept me totally glued to my kindle until the turn of the very last page!
Chanel
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
The suspense part of this book never grabbed my attention. I just was not into the steps taken to solve the murders. Though, I was hooked on Hawk and Roxanne’s relationship. The whole GHOST team are an interesting bunch and I enjoyed learning more about them.
Dana zamora
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Second chance at love

Roxanne and Hawk meet when GHOST team breaks into her parents home looking for information, electricity sparks between them, working together to find out why her parents were murdered, hot steamy sexual chemistry is evident to everyone, but Hawk doesn't want to go down that road again, they see each other again for the wedding and the electricity is still there, after Roxanne gets shot and Hawk ends the killers life he finally figured out he can't live without her and truly
My2CentsBookReviews
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series is a home run! A suspenseful Special operations mystery with heart & Soul!

Yep he can't get much better then this series. Suspenseful & action packed Special Operations. Hawk is leading the team to determined who killed 3people. He on the case & stumbles upon a threat in the house - Roxanne more of a threat to his heart then to the case. V2, S2 more book reviews @ my2centsbooklover Thank you! Check out so more great recommendations!
Iris Hehe
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Roxanne met Hawk when she heard a noise in the middle of the night. She was in the kitchen and found two men in her father's office. One was Hawk he and Wyatt were looking for clues as to who killed her parents. When they finally believed her that she really was in her own house. They joined forces to figure it out together.
Andrea Gillan
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brilliant

This is another great read in this series. This is Hawks book who we met briefly in the first book. He is larger than life but he hides his hurt well. Roxanne who is suffering the loss of her parents gets a shock encounter in the middle of the night that leads to investigating her parents death.
Noelani Hartman
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Defending Roxanne

Loving the whole set so far. Read out of order and had to go back and catch up. Didn’t seem to make a difference. Love Action,
Adventure and Romance. Want good guys to win always.
Many Thanks for All
barbara keller
great book, a must read Pj's ghost series is a great snuggle read, very intense and wonderful chemistry, GHOST has an amazing family feel

Gina wooldridge
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series and very emotional I can’t wait for book 4.
Stacy
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!!

Absolutely perfect!! Loved the characters and the story. Hawk and Roxanne were meant for one another . Can't wait for the next book.
Sheila Schoenauer
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb to this book I thought it sounded really familiar. Than I remembered I read a peak of the first chapter in the back of Defending Sophie. It was then that I knew I wanted to read this book. While it is the second book in the GHOST series it can most definitely be read as a stand alone. You won't feel like you missed a thing as the characters from that book appear in this book but it's not interconnected other than you see them again for a very short period near the end.

I re
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh yeah, these sexy beasts of GHOST are all that and a bag of chips! PJ Fiala is so talented, addictive, and her suspense factor is next level, as Defending Roxanne came out of the gate with a BANG, and it NEVER slowed down! Roxanne Bowman's parents were murdered, and she didn't have a clue as to why, but because of her emotional state, she didn't really look into it too hard before Hawk Delany crashed into her life. See, his GHOST organization was hired to look in to the murder, so he & another ...more
Tracy Quoka
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest and voluntary review. I love a good romantic suspense especially if they have a kick a$$ heroine, and a lot of Ms. Fiala's females fit that description. This book is the second book in her GHOST series, but can be read as a stand alone. The GHOST is a spin off of Bounty Hunter series. I digress... Roxanne Bowman is reeling from the death of her parents; dad was a White House dignitary, and mom was the dutiful wife. They had the quintessential marriage ...more
Reading Addict
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in the GHOST ops series and was looking forward to reading Hawk Delany's story. It begins in the family home of attorney Roxanne Bowman. Her parents and a foreign dignitary had been executed two weeks prior and she is in their home looking for clues to what happened when a group of men breaks into the house in the middle of the night. Hawk and his team didn't expect anyone to be in the home of the case that they have been hired to find answers on and he certainly didn't exp ...more
Kim
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The men at GHOST are top notch at there job and over the top for there woman !! They all have stories behind there stories but when they share there past they also open there hearts to new love !!

Hawk is Tiger in Roxanne’s eyes and of course he doesn’t see it ? After loosing Sarah at a job he doesn’t think he can or deserve to ever be with anyone else. Roxanne isn’t going to push the issue but she does know how she feels and hopes be feels the same way .. just a little ..

When his job is complet
Marilyn
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PJ Fiala you have done a great job with this book. Lots of intriguing situations with Hawk and Roxanne, lits of group interactions with the GHOST crew members and of course,steamy romance. Beautifully written, pulling you in and not letting go.
Roxanne's parents have been murdered with nobody knowing who or why they were killed. No known suspects, no ideas and almost no clues. Someone called Casper at GHOST HQ, asking for them to investigate. While Roxanne is going through her parents' papers she
Country Girl
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 next »

• Defending Sophie (GHOST, #2)
  • Heart Thief (Bluegrass Security, #1)
  • Finish Line (Bluegrass Security, #2)
  • Avenging Victoria: Special Forces: Operation Alpha (Counterstrike, #3)
  • Lethal Love (Bluegrass Security, #3)
  • Ford (The Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • Dodge (The Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • Loving Bea (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Counterstrike, #4)
  • Condor's Vow (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Ryoshi Delta Book 1)
  • Damaged (Triple Canopy #1)
  • Lincoln (The Bounty Hunters, #2)
  • Saving Imogene (SEAL Team Tango #1)
  • Justice For Angie: Police and Fire: Operation Alpha (Counterstrike, #2)
  • SEALed with a Vow (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Shock Force One #2)
  • Storm (Linear Tactical #10)
  • Mission: Her Justice (Team 52, #8)
  • SEAL's Sky (Operation Alpha: Special Forces / Black Eagle Book 4)
  • Shelter for Calla (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Station 7: Crew 5 #2)
I was born in a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri named Bridgeton. During my time in Missouri, I explored the Ozarks, swam in the Mississippi River, played kickball and endless games of hide and seek with the neighborhood kids. Spending summers in Kentucky with my Grandmother, Ruth, are the fondest childhood memories for me.

At the age of thirteen, my family moved to Wisconsin to learn to farm. Yes, l

GHOST (5 books)
  • Defending Keirnan (GHOST, #1)
  • Defending Sophie (GHOST, #2)
  • Defending Yvette (GHOST, #4)
  • Defending Bridget (GHOST, #5)