Start by marking “Nerve: An Affinities Novel (The Affinities Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Nerve: An Affinities Novel (The Affinities Book 2)

Nerve: An Affinities Novel (The Affinities Book 2)

Periculand’s recent murder has left the town and the primaries in disarray:

Dethroned, Angor Periculy insists on his innocence.

Skeptical, the Stark twins search for the truth.

Hungry, Adara wishes that jail had a donut bar. And that she hadn’t, somehow, become “Periculand’s most dangerous threat.”

Life outside of Periculand is equally as bleak for Avner and his friends. T
Published December 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Nerve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nerve

Start your review of Nerve: An Affinities Novel (The Affinities Book 2)
Shruti
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nerve is the second book in the Affinities series and boy was it lit (quite literally). This books picks up right from where we left off Blood and follows different timelines as the groups got separated.
This book matched it's predecessor in it's sass and banter. The writing is as flawless as always. The humour is quite endearing . New characters are introduced about which I still don't know how to feel about but I'm pretty excited.
There are so many charac develops that happened that has me SHOOK
Danielle
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With a surge of shame, I realised I never rated this book before while it has been one of the most amazing reads I had at the beginning of 2020. Such complex characters woven in a story, which can keep me hooked for 700 pages, is a masterpiece on itself.
It's definitely for the characters that I keep coming back to this series, who are as colourful in personality as their hair colours, I love them all, especially the badies. And the author of this piece of art has become as much as an example as
Lauren Jade Case
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a RIDE of a second book in a series.

*SPOILERS HERE ON FOR SOME PARTS*

Let's start with Adara and the principal. To me, they were my favourite scenes. She didn't lose one bit of herself, nor did he, despite their circumstances. If anything, they grew even more into themselves. Adara ignoring one particular part of her though? Classic. I loved that. Oh, and Calder coming to both mock and humour her AND semi-flirt? I ate that up. I am rooting for these two and I swear they better KISS AND E
Alyssa
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved that we get to go beyond the town in this book. Sometimes I did get annoyed because I was so invested where we were at then I was expected to just put that on hold. But honestly I’d rather have that then not have that part of the story in it. I really liked that we got to see the characters from the other side. It’s a very interesting thing to see.
Amelia
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a captivating read!

There were quite a few things I enjoyed about this book, namely Krueger’s penchant for effectively manipulating clichés, flipping characters on their heads, and employing a great and unexpected twist near the end of the story.

Krueger’s use of foreshadowing is subtle, yet effective. Her characters’ interactions are funny and entertaining—especially as they grow throughout the story, and her storyline is not only easy to follow, but also gripping from start to finish.

What I
Dittle
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
May I just say: wow. I didn’t know what I expected when I started this book, but it wasn’t THAT. In Blood, we saw this beautifully diverse cast of characters each grow so much, but Nerve pushed them past their limits and forced them to make difficult choices, revealing even more depth and adding more facets to each one. I’m endlessly impressed by Kirsten’s ability to develop so many characters so well. I feel like I could be best friends with all of them (or justifiably rivals 😉).

Also love how
Sam Tougas
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought it would’ve been really hard to top the first book in the series, Blood, but somehow Nerve managed to keep my mind drawn to it even more. From start to finish, Nerve provided a much wider and more 3 dimensional view of the characters, intriguing. questions to keep you saying “just one more chapter” because you need to know what happens 😂. Truly, would highly recommend to anyone into young adult fantasy/sci-fi.
OTIS
Feb 15, 2021
Dakotah
Mar 16, 2021

• No Longer Human
  • Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts, #1)
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • Fosters of Fall
  • Love Story (Love Story, #1)
  • Frozen Beauty
  • Saga, Vol. 7
  • Saga, Vol. 1
  • Saga, Vol. 2
  • Scumble (Savvy, #2)
  • Switch (Savvy, #3)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Random Harry Potter Facts You Probably Don't Know: 154 Fun Facts and Secret Trivia
  • The Essential Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)

News & Interviews