Start by marking “Love Bank (Jobs from Hell, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Bank (Jobs from Hell, #1)

Love Bank

(Jobs from Hell #1)

In hindsight, maybe I should have known my biggest nemesis would end up locking up my heart.

Believe it or not, running a fertility clinic in Auburn Hill, located right next to a prison, isn’t the worst thing. Nope, the worst thing is the infuriatingly sexy warden of the new prison - who doesn’t care that his newly-released inmates are stopping by my clinic on their way
Paperback
Published February 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Love Bank, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Bank

Start your review of Love Bank (Jobs from Hell, #1)
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
So Lucille is "36" and a virgin running a fertility clinic or, as she calls it, a "spank bank". I should have quit there. Mid thirties is way, waaaay to old if you want your heroine doing stupid crap that would never in a million years do anything like what she wants it to do. And that's before all the stumbling, falling, and dropping things happens. Woman, if you can't stay upright in high heals, then wearing them to work every day is not a plan for you. Of course, if she really wore them to wo ...more
Marika Ray
Nov 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Love Bank: An Enemies to Lovers RomCom

Lucille: Blackmailing the new prison warden probably wasn’t a good idea, but to be fair, the goat made me do it. Or maybe it was that beady-eyed seagull. Either way, he’s madder than a hornet’s nest, which is why I shouldn’t be propositioning him on top of blackmail. Our relationship is all kinds of wrong, but I don’t want to be right any more.

Bain: She’s got a stick so far up her ass she could hang her turtleneck on it. The stuffy lady with her nose in the
Britt The Hatters
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Marika Ray? Because I SERIOUSLY love Marika Ray. Her books never fail in filling me up with joy. Having a bad day? Marika Ray’s writing will fix it. Feeling down? Marika Ray’s writing will fix it. Just need to escape into something that will make you smile and laugh? You guessed it, Marika Ray. Every book is like a brand new adventure in laughter, love and friendship and Love Bank has all that in spades.
I was cracking up at Lucille and Bain’s little war (th
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
🤣🤣🤣
Excuse me while I go laugh my little heart out. A 36 year old virgin! 🤣🤣
Ellie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heather andrews
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bain seems to get horny over the weird things he sees his woman do, "I’ve had a problem brewing in my pants ever since I saw you try to stare down a seagull." Lucy tends to ramble when nervous, “sure about your boxers? Well, no, but I’m fairly sure they’re not big enough to accommodate—” I liked this book, I liked Bain. ...more
Leisa Ann
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Lucy....and Bain! Bain is a hot warden and Lucy is a nurse practitioner running a fertility clinic. There’s lots of witty banter, shenanigans and steamy scenes. One of my favorite moments in the book was Lucy finding her tribe and herself....gotta love girlfriends! Marika Ray has a lot of strong characters in this book who hopefully will have their own stories some day. 5Stars!
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

My entire life savings went into starting the fertility clinic in our fine town of Auburn Hill, aka Hell.

Everything was going great until the Mayor built the city jail right next door...

When the highly irritating warden of the jail doesn’t step up to help redirect his former inmates, I resort to blackmailing the tall, dark, and handsome jerk. He didn’t take kindly to it. I didn’t take kindly to the way he pushed me up against the door and kissed me just to shut me up.

If I were you, I wouldn’t ba
Lori R.
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!!

This steamy, enemies to lovers RomCom was hilarious and sexy and FUN. It had me smiling and laughing and swooning!

The characters were lovable, the sexual tension delicious, and the shenanigans highly entertaining.

Bain is a sexy AF warden who doesn’t want to be attracted to the uptight, long wool skirt-wearing, fertility clinic owner Lucille. He tries hard not to be. But the chemistry can’t be denied. I loved these two together! She’s quirky, he’s bossy. The tension, the irritation,
Amanda Rozell
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A small town with a spank bank next to a prison....seagulls and cats.... enemies to lovers... can’t you just envision all the hilarity and shenanigans! With Lucille and Bain (I just love his name) you are in for lots of laughs and some steamy sexy times.

~ I was given this book and made no commitments to leave my opinions, favorable or otherwise~
Kelly Greer
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was SUPER lucky to be a Beta reader for this book. I cannot WAIT for it to be released into the world!

I especially loved this book, because I saw my husband in the hero and myself in the heroine. Grumpy/bossy and quirky/picky. SO us! And Lucy's level of awkward when nervous rivaled mine.

Love Bank is over-the-top funny, which is RIGHT up my alley. As usual, Marika makes up the most hilarious nicknames, and her humor took me by surprise and had me snort-laughing MANY times.

Let's talk about th
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was curious after reading the blurb for this book, thinking that it looked hilarious and I am always down for a good enemies to lovers book to read. Well, let me tell you, reading Love Bank was even better than I thought it was going to be! It was heartwarming, funny, and just downright freaking good!

Marika Ray has a way with words that captures your attention, whether it was through playful banter, serious moments, hilarious moments, or super steamy moments, I was 100% invested in this book.
Book_Lover -7779  Jackson
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Love Lucy!

I absolutely loved Love Bank! Lucille and Bain kept me in stitches with their antics from the very first time she laid eyes on him. Their chemistry was off the charts. Lucille reminded me of myself as a child. I loved to see her grow in confidence as she grew in her relationship with Bain. I really enjoyed seeing Bain's playful side.

I hated the mayor and Addi (who wouldn't?). I hope Jayden gets his own story in the near future.
Jaime Reynolds
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story brightened my week!!! It’s refreshing, unique and laugh out loud funny. Bain and Lucille are a match made in heaven and their hatred for one another makes this story hotter. From start to finish you won’t be able to put this down. Love the stories this author puts together and cannot wait for the next in this series.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Lucille's opened up a fertility clinic (aka spank bank) in Auburn Hill (otherwise known as Hell), and her life is looking up. Oh sure, she's still a virgin, but everything else is great. Until the prison next door's inmates keep coming to her place of business and one tries to rob her. What should a woman do? In this case, she decides to blackmail Bain, the prison warden, and their lives are never the same after.

I love Love Bank! It hits the perfect note, blending witty, funny dialog
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH MY FERTILITY CLINIC/JAIL HELL! Love Bank was the best romcom that I've read lately, and I NEED MORE! Lucy is a nurse practitioner running a fertility clinic, when the mayor saw fit to build the jail right next door to it. OMG this makes this story so hilarious with what follows. Bain is the Warden, and he's super hot, though at times, a bit of a pain for Lucy. She decides it's in her best interest in attempting to blackmail the hot warden, and I'm already laughing hard again just thinking abo ...more
BP34
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute romance with twists, angles and surprises. Imagine a 38 year old virgin who's the owner of a sperm/spank bank. Some things you just can't make up. Lucille has seen lots of male parts and acquired lots of deposit for her clinic but it's all been clinical to her. Her life's never the same after she accidentally walks in on a client leaving a 'deposit'. Thankfully he doesn't realize she's there. He ends up being the new guy in town and is the warden at the prison next door to her cl ...more
Zubee
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for a funny read ...
Kari Hansen
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lucille has left her stressful career in the past and has put her heart and soul into the sperm bank that she has opened. What she didn’t need was to have the prison as her neighbor or for its inhabitants to become frequent visitors. She is determined to put an end to it even if it means persuading the Warden to help out by using some personal information as leverage.

When Bain was offered the position at the prison it was the career move that he was looking for. He wasn’t expecting his neighbor
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

* First time reading author

Wow, I LOVED this story. This is the first time reading Marika Ray but it will not be the last. Love Bank brings two people together that are funny, borderline crazy, chemistry off the hook, and just good family feeling. Even though Lucy and Bain feel like they may be on the opposite side of everything. They argue and makeup and find themselves in hilarious situations that just keep you wanting to read this story. I loved every character in this book.

I am excited to s
Lisa
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Lucy. She is such a breath of fresh air. I love that she loses her filter. I love that she gains her courage to go for it in her private like she has always done in her professional life. I love the side characters. I love that Lucy and Bain have such a fun feud. Bain, wow, just Bain. He is strong and fun and turns to such a loving pile of mush that you can not help falling for him. This is a very fun, sexy and loving story. I finished it in one sitting losing a few hours of sleep but is ...more
Paula Lloyd
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have seriously fallen in love with Marika Ray! If you want real, you want comedy and everyday life read her books. Love Bank is the first in this series and it had me laughing from the first page. I’m from a small town so the rumor mill and nosiness was spot on.
Amanda Steward
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was different.

It gave me lots of laughs. The storyline was a bit out there but hey it could happen. A 36 year old virgin. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Miss Ray has been on my radar for awhile now but I’ve always put it off. So this was my first book by this author. I can’t wait to read more of her books. The laughs were great and I needed them right now. *This book was available on Kindle Unlimited at the time of my review*
Coco.V
Sep 10, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/10/2020)! 🎁
Gladys
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such an enjoyable read. I thought that this book had a very fresh feeling to it. After all, how many books have you read that feature a blossoming romance between a sperm bank owner and a prison warden? You can expect lots of laugh-out-loud moments, zany situations, drama, emotions and small own charm from this book. I thought that the main characters were great. Plenty of sparks and witty banner are flying around as Lucille and Bain's relationship evolves from battling enemies to passi ...more
Mindy
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Another hit! Could not stop laughing. I feel in love with Bain and Lucy. This is a must read and a feel good romance!
Sierra
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was everything I knew it would be! I have been waiting on this one for a while, and it delivered! It was quirky and funny and a beautiful love story with a hint of drama and suspense. I don't know how many times I laughed at the way they fought as foreplay! Well done and I can not wait for book 2! ...more
Megan
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness! This book was hilarious! Full of all the laugh out loud moments, fantastic one liners and a new crazy town to fall in love with ❤️ Lucille and Bain and their shenanigans will have you smiling and swooning as they go on one heck of a wild ride to finding their happily ever after. I honestly could not get enough of these two and this wonderful new cast of crazy characters! So GOOD! Love Bank was such a feel good read and I'm super excited to see what's next in Auburn Hill Hell. ❤️ ...more
Lisa Hemming
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Love Bank” is a funny, laugh out loud story featuring a feisty nurse practitioner who falls for a sexy and virile prison warden. From the first page of this hilarious book, I was entertained by Lucy, Bain, and the quirky community members that made up Auburn Hill. I laughed along with all of them while they gossiped, stalked and insinuated themselves in each other’s business. The small town gossip machine was running overtime and it was hard to keep anything secret.

Lucy was an astute businessw
Susan Homan
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Bank (Jobs from Hell Book 1) by Marika Ray

This book has everything you could want in a book - humor, alpha male, uptight heroine, a sperm bank, prison warden, steamy sex, off the charts chemistry, enemies to lovers, witty banter. Marika's books just get better and better. I have loved every one I have read, but this is now my favorite. This one had me laughing and sometimes wanting to cry. Lucy and Bain are such great characters, and their interactions have it all - sparks, wit, and sometim
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Space Junk: Houston, We Have a Hottie (Space #1)
  • Texting With the Enemy (Digital Dating #1)
  • Space Cowgirl: Houston, All Systems Go (Space #2)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • I Pucking Love You (The Copper Valley Thrusters #5)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Space Age: Houston, Prepare to Launch (Space #0.5)
  • The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob
  • Hosed (Happy Cat, #1)
  • Space Oddities: Ground Control to Major Cutie (Space #3)
  • Flirty
  • I Said Yes
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew, #1)
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • Deacon (Stone Society, #12)
  • Dane (Stone Society, #10.5)
  • Fighting the Flames  (Where There's Smoke, #1)
Marika is a USA Today bestselling author writing steamy RomComs to make your heart explode and bring a smile to your face. She lives by the beach and posts a delightful number of hot lifeguard pictures.

Drop your email to be notified when each book releases: http://bit.ly/MarikaRayNews

Be sure to add my new releases to your TBR Today!

Auburn Hell Series

Love Bank (Jobs from Hell, #1) by Marika Ray Uber Bossy (Jobs From Hell, #2) by Marika Ray Man Glitter (Jobs from Hell #2.5) by Marika Ray

Nickel Bay Brothers Series

Lines We Cross (Nickel Bay Brothers #1) by Marika Ray Perfectly Imperfect Us (Nickel Bay Brothers #2) by Marika Ray

Jobs from Hell (4 books)
  • Uber Bossy (Jobs From Hell, #2)
  • Unfriend Me (Jobs from Hell, #3)
  • Side Hustle (Jobs from Hell #4)