Start by marking “Rise: The Interlude (Black Hearts Still Beat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rise: The Interlude (Black Hearts Still Beat, #2)

Rise: The Interlude

(Black Hearts Still Beat #2)

Eva and Rafe's story continues in this emotional, angsty, rockstar romance from the bestselling author of The Rixon Raiders series

Eighteen-year-old Eva Walker knew going on tour with Black Hearts Still Beat would be complicated.

She didn’t expect to find herself torn between two brothers.

One wants her but he walked away before.

The other needs her but she doesn’t understand
Published March 13th 2020 by Independently published (first published February 19th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Rise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise

Start your review of Rise: The Interlude (Black Hearts Still Beat, #2)
Wendy
3,5

After reading the first book in this series "Rush", and very much enjoying it, I was curious to see what would happen next. I was also a bit hesitant because as always, I fell in love with the side-characters in the previous book. This happens to me all the time and then I have to try and patiently wait to see if they will get their own story. When it comes to this series, I am crushing very hard on Levi (what can I say, I always love the bad guys) and Hudson <3

crush on you gif - Google Zoeken

Even though this story centers aro
Danielle's
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rise continues Eva and Rafe's story. The quiet girl from Tennessee is going on tour with Black Hearts Still Beat. After the Jamesboro County Talent Show, we left Eva and Rafe in a good place, but a quick fling is completely different from being on the road with someone. Both have their demons to battle. Both avoiding the truth.

Eva is a cancer survivor and in Rise we see her coming out of her shell and finding a way to start living again.

Rafe always puts his brother first. He doesn't need Eva c
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "I choose you!!!" stars***

#AVAILABLE NOW#

"I felt it too. The shift in the air, the hint of things to come.
Only I wasn't sure if this tour would be the making of Black Hearts.
Or its downfall.
And I wasn't sure I wanted to find out."

What the hell in happening in your head, Levi???
Honestly, i can not figure you out!!! You can't be so oblivious, man!!!
Yeah, i understand that you are fucked up in the head and that you're used for others to clean up your messes, but still...
Arrr... You are
Meredith Wilson
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
Gah! Rise is the second book in the Black Hearts Still Beat series. This novel will surprise you with its depth and intensity. It's one that will have you laughing and crying, swooning and wanting, needing all good things for these characters. It's deep and it's heartfelt. I absolutely loved it!

At the end of Rush, Rafe ghosted Eva, leaving her heartbroken and confused. Now months later, management decides they want Eva to join the band on tour as their opening act. She knows that seeing him agai
*My Little Book Nook*
I loved Rafe and Eva in Rush, and I love them even more in Rise. The chemistry is hot, the angst is strong, and the character relationships are SO intriguing. Rise not only cemented my love of Rafe and Eva, but it also made me fall for Levi, too. I'm giving Rise four strong stars and I simply cannot wait for book three, Rule, to release in April. (Because OMG THAT ENDING?!?!?!)

Eva, the Sweetheart of Country, gives me such strong Taylor Swift vibes, yet she's grittier and darker with sharper edge
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Goodness I should learn to control myself... I read this baby in one sitting and now I'm having withdrawls. I miss these characters already and I'm craving so much more!!

I seriously CANNOT get enough of all these characters and this story, I'm so glad this is a trilogy so I have three times as much words to read as normal, even though the waiting in between sucks because I honestly could keep on reading about Rafe and Eva and the rest of the band for days on end...really.

I thi
Halle Reads
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars 🌟

created-image-1582124527061

Rise is book 2 in the Black Hearts Still Beat series and picks up right after Rush (Black Hearts Still Beat Book 1) ends. This is the continuation of Eva and Rafe's Story.

Eva joins Rafe and the rest of the band on tour even though things between her and Rafe are not good. Having been completely ignored by him after everything they felt is proving to be confusing and frustrating for Eva but she is trying to set all that aside to continue following her passion and dream of making it in
ABookLover73
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, arc
Review coming soon...
Melinda Benn
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good. The tension between Eva and Rafe from the start is intense and keeps you wanting to read to see what happens between them. L. A. Cotton had me hooked from the start and I seriously can't wait to see what happens next. An absolutely fantastic book ...more
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

Holy moly! I seriously didn't think that anything could surpass that first book of this series but this book stole the kingdom of my heart. It kicked down the doors, slaughtered innocent bystanders, and overthrew the monarchy. I'm a bit of a mess and I couldn't be happier about it.

L.A. Cotton is such a gifted storyteller. I don't know how she does it, but she draws me in to
BLuvsBooks
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“But we weren’t just Rafe and Eva.
We were Eva and Black Hearts Still Beat.
We were Eva and Rafe... and Levi.
And nothing about that was simple.”

This story picks up right where book 1 left us. And this one also has me needing more!
I love the connection between Eva and all the band members. She has a special relationship with each and they all want to protect her as she is new to the music industry and fame.

Her deeper connection with Rafe and his brother Levi unfold more as they all learn abou
Snow
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
drama, drama and more drama...
Sheila Schoenauer
After waiting all this time for book 2, and even knowing that there were 3 books in this series, I am now stuck trying to figure out how I am going to last until the next book comes out.

Wow, that was a trip! The emotions, the angst. Just wow. I'll admit I was nervous about this book. After reading the blurb I wasn't sure if I was going to come out happy. Don't get me wrong, I knew who's story this was, I just wasn't sure I'd be happy with the cliffhanger outcome. Now though, through all the emo
Victoria Weston
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by this author and the first rockstar romance that I've read, let me tell you it's an awesome read.

This book is the second book in this series. Black Hearts Still Beat : BHSB.

Rush: The Beginning: Black Hearts Still Beat #1

Rise: The Interlude: Black Hearts Still Beat #2

Eva’s life has changed so much, so much so that she wasnt actually ready for it at all. Eva goes on tour with the Black Hearts Still Beat and it's all she's ever wanted, the music.
However life isn
queen_of_the_books_18
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rockstar-romance
LA Cotton never fails to amaze me. She brings it every single time no matter what trope she writes and I am here for it!

Rise is book two in the Black Hearts Still Beat series and I love the world that she has created. The characters are relatable because they aren’t perfect. They make mistakes, they have their demons and they are real.

LA Cotton brings all of the emotions, sexual tension and the angst with Rise and now I’m sat here counting down the days until I can read book 3!

If you haven’t
Brittnie Becker
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book starts off with extreme tension as Eva joins the band on tour.

Her character has to come to terms with her rise to fame .
Eva is also juggling the quirks of touring with all the guys in the band and the thinks that make them tick.

I see a true change in Eva this book like she has found her purpose.

We see rafe deal with so much confliction that you can't help but feel bad for the guy and the situation he finds himself dealing with.

But let's talk about that ending though chef kiss perfe
Christina ( The MasqueReader )
I can NOT stop thinking about Rafe & Ava! Cotton's writing makes me want a lifetime of these two! Rise is the 2nd book in the Black Hearts Still Beat series, if you haven't read Rush (book 1) go grab it....because Rise releases February 18th.

If you love Rock star romances, you'll love this one! Except Cotton has added a little twist to this tale. The heroine isn't just some girl in the crowd somewhere that the rockstar fell for...nope, she is a small town girl who competed in a talent contest a
Abby J Capps
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Eva and Rafe. I was so excited for this book! L.A Cotton always gives me the angst, sweetness and emotion I’m looking for.

In Rise, Eva is on tour with Black Hearts Still Beat and she fits in so nicely with the guys. I love her friendship with Hudson, I love how Damon looks out for her, I love how Levi leans on her and how Rafe loves her even if from afar at times.

My heart breaks for Levi and I can’t wait to see how things pan out with him in the next book. I’m almost 100% sure I know wh
Books I Flove
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eva and Rafe’s story continues in the 2nd book of the Black Hearts still beat series!
Eva, now 18, goes on tour with the 4 rockstars. But how is the air going to be between them? Especially between Eva & Rafe, after leaving her a few months before?!
This story is definitely full of angst, drama, love, a lot of chemistry, friendship and jealousy! LA Cotton writes these things down to a T, and you kinda feel it all!
Great story again, and the end left me shouting at my kindle! I really want to know
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

This book hit the right note with me...totally loved the angst between Eva, Rafe and Levi. I was so immersed in the story and now I need more. Rise: The Interlude by L.A. Cotton is an EPIC read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
Samantha
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My oh my, that was everything brilliant continuation from rush and I really can’t wait for the next one. Rafe and Evas love is amazing. I love the connection between Eva and Levi. Man LA did a brilliant job with this one I’ve always loved her writing and I would have read this one in one long sitting, but sleep and work sorta got in the way. If you haven’t read any of her work yet you should definitely pick up this and rush as well as all her other books they are amazing 😍😍
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„This, us, it’s real. Tell me you know it’s real, Rafe.”

LA Cotton took me on a rollercoaster of emotions without a handle. I completely fell in love with Eva and Rafe in Rush, where their short romance filled my heart to the brim. But it was in Rise that I learned the true power of their feeling that has the power both to heal and destroy. This part equally filled my heart with joy and pain. In one moment I was enchanted and satisfied with the turn of events, and in the other I was a sobbing
Ann (Literary Lust)
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read Rush, book one in the Black Hearts Still Beat series, in one sitting and did exactly the same with Rise. Oh my, this is one epic story and I’m anticipating more of the same when Rule releases too. I am desperate to see what happens next!

I was hooked from the very first chapter. I couldn’t have put my kindle down even if I needed to. Everyone in my household had to fend for themselves and I selfishly didn’t care.

Eva is just an incredible person. I adore her. This young woman has this fab
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
The story continues, and it was such the perfect book to follow up Rush. The right amount of drama, angst, and mystery still surround these characters, and you are truly rooting for everyone in their own way.

Eva is now on tour and opening up more and more to the band each day. She understands some of their secrets, but she’s still keeping secrets on her own.

Rafe is trying to do what’s best for his family without thinking of it being unfair to himself and Eva. He is such a protector, and has bee
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
My mind is still trying to process what just happened and what this means for the future of all! Eva’s life has been thrust into a spotlight she wasn’t ready for but that’s not all she’s put between two brothers when all she wants is one and she has to find a way to navigate this all on her own!

I have so many questions and want ALL the answers but my fragile little heart needs to wait for book 2 and this is going to be torture! If you haven’t met Black Hearts Still Beat you seriously need to st
Lottie’s
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rise - By L.A Cotton;

I had the absolute pleasure of getting an advanced copy, and let just say it’s worth the wait.

How to even start; when country meets rock, or in Eva case a ‘rose between two thorns’- how she works around two beautifully damaged brothers, and the world of fame.

It’s everything I expected and more, you feel the pain, the brotherly love, and you understand both boys better; I fell in love with Levi as much as Rafe.

You see Eva grow, you see her shine, and you want her to be th
Owella
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first book in this series left me wanting more and now #2 has done the same! I can't wait to see where book #3 takes us now! I say this everytime but L.A Cotton has slayed again with this book! The connection that Eva has with all of the band, but especially Race and Levi, is brilliant and very well written. I have really loved this Black Hearts Still Beat journey so far and I really hope that they all get their own book eventually, as their is so much more to delve into! Especially Levi 🖤 T ...more
Kate
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Amazing! Incredible! After being hooked with Rush, I didn’t think the story could be any more intriguing. However, Ms. Cotton has raised her limits and surpassed them. Rafe and Eva’s electric combo could not be extinguished, but then you toss in Levi and you have an explosion of epic proportions. This is a raw, indulgent, fast-paced read! This story sucks you into its combustible, abraded emotions and leaves the characters exposed. A book that you will pull an all-nighter for. So, cancel yo ...more
Crystal
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The boys of Black Hearts Still Beat, and the girl Country are back!
I was so excited when Rise: The Interlude hit my kindle, I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen between Eva and Rafe, or is it Eva and Levi? After all Eva was brought on the tour to clean up Levi's image in the press. The story is a quick one, that I devoured in no time, it has emotion and angst but I still want more. I'm really enjoying this trilogy, and I can't wait to see how it all plays out in the last book.
Jamie
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow my emotions were all over the place in the book. The angsty push & pull from the characters leaves you waiting to see what happens next with bated breath. The ending just made me say wow again. Can't wait for the conclusion. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • Evermore (When Rivals Play, #2.5)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
  • Wicked Dreams (Fallen Royals, #1)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • The Rich Boy
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things #3)
  • A Love Song for Dreamers (Rivals, #3)
  • The Sound of Salvation (Deliverance #1)
  • Enticed (Emerson Falls #2)
  • Never Love a Rockstar
  • Fool Me Once
  • Naked or Dead
  • After the Fall (The Fallen Men, #4)
Angsty. Edgy. Addictive Romance

Author of mature young adult and new adult novels, L A is happiest writing the kind of books she loves to read: addictive stories full of teenage angst, tension, twists and turns.
Home is a small town in the middle of England where she currently juggles being a full-time writer with being a mother/referee to two little people. In her spare time (and when she’s not c

Black Hearts Still Beat (6 books)
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • Rule: The Finale (Black Hearts Still Beat Book 3)
  • Ruin: The Reprise (Black Hearts Still Beat, #4)
  • Riot (Black Hearts Still Beat, #5)
  • Rift (Black Hearts Still Beat, #6)