Start by marking “Piglette” as Want to Read:
Piglette

Piglette

Will a pristine piglet find perfection in Paris?

Piglette can be a bit particular by her siblings' standards. She always wants everything to be perfect. While her many brothers and sisters like rolling in the mud, Piglette prefers pampering in a mud bath. While her siblings eat slop, Piglette prefers pastries. But what she's most passionate about is flowers. She loves to sm
Published May 26th 2020 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Piglette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piglette

Start your review of Piglette
La Coccinelle
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Piglette is the seventh piglet born on a farm in France. She doesn't like the piggish things her siblings do, however. She's a lot more... well, refined. The first chance she gets, she leaves for Paris, where she lives a glamorous life working for a perfumery. Everything is great... for a while. But soon the city loses its lustre and Piglette longs for the countryside. When she returns home, though, she misses the city. Will she be able to bring together the two places that she loves?

I'm not sur
Renee LaTulippe
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How adorable is this book?! But don't let the frilly dresses and face masks fool you -- Piglette may like the finer things outside the slop pit, but she's not afraid of adventure and hard work. I totally relate to Piglette, an entrepreneurial country pig with big-city dreams who follows her heart to find her passion. That she ultimately realizes her heart can be just as content at home doesn't take away from this risk-taking pig's admirable inner strength to close her ears to the naysayers and f ...more
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Piglette grows up on a farm, but the farm is not a good fit for Piglette. Off she goes to Paris and she begins work in a perfume shop, work she loves. But still she misses her family back on the farm....

Paris! Bonus points for that and for the clever alliteration of the story.
Rashmi Bismark
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Et voila - Perfection! We loved this book in our house. Between the fun alliteration and all of the sensory prompts, our favorite message of all in this book is that there is always a way to integrate and honor everything you love. With a bit of playful creativity, courage, and fun, Piglette is a perfectly pleasing and precious read! Thank you Ms. Aronson. PS. The illustrations are perfect too!
Karla Valenti
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A darling story about finding (and making) your home. Piglette starts off seeking a home away from home, successfully finding her "home" in Paris. And yet... it wasn't quite complete. Upon her return to her old pastures, she also finds "home." And yet... that too isn't quite complete. Astute and creative, Piglette finds a way to bridge her two homes and connect all the things she loves in one place.

Piglette's dilemma echoes the struggles of many of us who have lived abroad and tried to make our
Charlotte Sherman
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfection. Piglette is everything I want to see and feel when reading a children's picture book. Delightful illustrations. Wordplay. Tug on the heartstrings. Humor. Wonder. Delight. Piglette believes she doesn't fit in with her family, follows her heart (and snout) to Paris where she finds acclaim and also misses the loved ones left behind, then returns home with a newfound appreciation for her origins and herself. Absolutely divine.
Karen
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-abbreviewed
One of these pigs is not like the others. The youngest, Piglette, yearns for more than the simple farm life of her family and sets off to the city to discover a larger world view. She loves it there and finds herself drawn to a perfumerie where the shop owner welcomes her to the staff and she makes friends with the fashionable elite. Piglette developes a fine nose for delicate scents and enjoys the joie de vivre of city life. However, she misses her home and family. She packs up and returns to t ...more
Adam Blackman
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Uh-oh, I thought. This book looks too pink, too frilly. And with the main character obsessed with floral scents, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it through.

Boy, was I wrong. Piglette's journey is lively, sweet, and full of alliteration that makes for great 'guess-what's-coming-next' interactive reading (the author uses every p word you can imagine exCEPT princess).

Despite having a mom who insists she's perfection, Piglette prefers flowers to slop and mud. Teased for her love of all things swe
Heather Kinser
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For PIGLETTE, the 7the in a litter and the darling of the barnyard, farm life is just a little too—unrefined. So she hitches a ride to Paris and discovers the fragrant world of a perfumery. Here, her heightened sense of smell (thanks to her discerning snout) is valued, and she’s offered a job, catering to fancy clientele. But after a while, Piglette has her fill of city life and begins to long for the simple countryside—and the family she left behind. This charming picture-book portrait of a dai ...more
Abby Johnson
Part Fancy Nancy, part Olivia, Piglette is a pig exploring her options. Not one for the rough and tumble country farm life, Piglette soon heads for the city of Paris where she discovers her talents as a parfumeuse. But when the city starts to feel stifling and she starts to miss her brothers and sisters, she realizes that she must find a way to combine all the things she loves. This book is adorable and would make a fun (if a bit long, perhaps) storytime choice. Include it when talking about cou ...more
Nanette Heffernan
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Adorable! Piglette is an absolutely adorable little pig with a sense of adventure and the courage to go after her dreams. Piglette, never satisfied with her farm life, decides to try and find her way in the big city. She has a wonderful time but soon realizes where she belongs and devises a way to bring everything she loves together in one spot. The story is sweet and the illustrations are wonderful. Can we get a t-shirt with Piglette on it please!
Abi Cushman
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ooh la la! Who can resist the lovable (and fashionable) Piglette? This adorable picture book will make you want to pack up and move to France. It beautifully captures both the magic of Parisian city life and the charm of the French countryside. You can practically smell the sweet aroma of flowers as you read.

The poetic text and dynamic illustrations work perfectly in tandem. Eva Byrne's illustration style here seems reminiscent of fashion drawings, which I think suits the story so well. Piglett
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sick of the farm, Piglette journeys to Paris to find her place in the world. This enticing tale of self-discovery is fresh and inviting, while also exuding a classic quality that makes it equally at home on a shelf next to Madeline or Olivia. Deliberately placed alliteration, occasional internal rhyme, and paced repetition heighten the text of this superbly crafted book. Perfection.
Kirsten
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Piglette is perfection! Katelyn Aronson's tale of a fancy pig leaving home to find her place in the world is the perfect next book for fans of FANCY NANCY or Kelly DiPucchio's GASTON (one of my personal favorites). Aronson's text is lyrically lovely, full of alliteration and assonance, making it fun to read aloud. And Eva Byrne's illustrations will make you feel like you've been on a vacation to the City of Light. Ohh-la-la.
Laurie
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Voila! This story is pure joy bottled up in a perfume bottle. Not only is it a fun book to read aloud (the use of alliteration is frequent and adorable), but it deals with important themes of finding a home that is inclusive and celebratory of unique personalities. I loved the illustrations as well - simply beautiful and delightful with each page turn.
Heather Gallagher
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I didn't know it was possible to produce so many P words! But this is just one of the many joys of this delightful book about a pig who follows her snout. Piglette loves scents and identifies all the ones in the pasture at her rural home. But she wants more and heads off to Paris where she gets a dream job working at a Perfumerie. Such an entertaining read about Paris, pigs and the value of family. Highly recommended.
Charlotte Offsay
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Piglette is the last in the litter and doesn’t quite fit in with her siblings. While they enjoy everything piggish, Piglette has more particular tastes, enjoys fragrant flowers and feels out of place. Piglette heads to Paris to see if that is where she belongs and soon discovers that home is where the heart is. A brilliant read aloud and an adorable story about belonging, family and embracing our differences.
Susan
Shelves: picture-books
Piglette is a fickle but sweet protagonist in this "grass is always greener" story. I know there's a sequel in the works, and I can just picture a whole series of PIglette books ala Fancy Nancy. The stylized illustrations are adorable and will especially appeal to young Francophiles.
Julie Koon
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Piglette is a truly delightful story. I love characters that are dreamers, and Piglette is brave enough to pursue all of her biggest dreams, whether in Paris or at home. I highly recommend this book for all the little dreamers out there.
Sara Fajardo
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An irresistible character-driven picture book featuring a pig that is sure to win your heart. Filled with alliteration and gorgeous sensory details that will get you sniffing the floral aromas as you stroll. A lyrical read-aloud infused with fun.
Anne Weaver
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charming and sweet story (without being sugary)! Not only is Piglette GREAT fun to read aloud with its rhythmic alliteration, her journey features a meaningful message, highlighting a common tension between home and individuality and celebrating both in a unexpected way. And the illustrations are gorgeous! This was a big hit in our house and we look forward to reading again!
Andrea Denish
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Too adorable for words. Katelyn Aronson has written a perfect picture book that will be enjoyed by all. Love the references to France and the sweet message that reminds us that there's no place like home.
Rosie
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is beyond adorable! A sweet story, perfectly told, and paired with such charming art make this picture book a treasure for any children's library collection!
Jamie Donahoe
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A "practically perfect" piece of prose! I myself adore alliteration, and there is plenty here, along with absolutely adorable illustrations.

Piglette builds a new life as a purveyor of perfumes in Paris, only to realise that, despite all the parties and pastries, she's missing home. She finds a way to create her own perfect blend, as has the publisher in pairing Katelyn Aronson and Eva Byrne in this utterly charming story.

Clever writing and detailed illustrations provide plenty for readers to di
Anita Amin
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Perhaps I’ve found my place!” Piglette Is a sweet, perfume-loving pig, who searches for her place in life. With fun alliteration and colorful illustrations, PIGLETTE is a darling book!
Candace
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just adore this adorable book! What a sweet story. Love the alliteration, lovely language, and the beautiful illustrations...perfect. I’m definitely purchasing this one for my grandkids.
Lisa D
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Claire Annette
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet little PIGLETTE is the seventh born in her littler. “Perfection,” her mother remarks, But Piglette just doesn’t feel that the farm is perfect for a pig like her. According to her siblings,she is persnickety and prissy because she prefers smelling the blossoms in the pasture to playing in the mud. When a truck loaded with flowers stops by on its way to Paris, Piglette hops in and moves to the city. She lands her dream career in a perfumery but soon realizes she misses home. In a surprise tw ...more
Gabi
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full of playful alliteration and sweet as a Parisienne pastry, Piglette will charm and captivate you!
Edward Sullivan
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A warm, pleasant, lighthearted tale with the familiar theme of "there's no place like home."
« previous 1 3 next »

• Taste Your Words
  • The Stray
  • A Doll for Grandma: A Story about Alzheimer's Disease
  • I Am Goose!
Katelyn Aronson grew up in Southern California, where she went on to work in independent children's bookshops as a hand-seller, manager, and finally as a buyer.

She won her first trip to Paris in a bookstore window display contest, and the rest was history. She moved to France permanently a few years later.

Today, Katelyn divides her time between France and Switzerland, teaching French & English and