Start by marking “The Change Up (The Brentwood Boys, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Change Up (The Brentwood Boys, #5)

The Change Up

(The Brentwood Boys #5)

BREAKING NEWS: The Bad Boy of Baseball, Maddox Paige, is totally and utterly whipped.

Okay, that might not be the headlines in the newspaper this morning, but it's the reality of my current situation.

It all started a month ago when I received a call from my best friend, Kinsley. She got a new job in Chicago and needed a place to stay. I've known the girl since I was five,
Published June 11th 2020 by Hot-Lanta Publishing, LLC

Start your review of The Change Up (The Brentwood Boys, #5)
Bibi
Jun 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Christy
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

4B8EC53B_8F26_4EFF_BB29_19EFEB2A8F77_IMG_7399

The Change Up is another one of Meghan Quinn's baseball books, and I can't get enough of them! I was so ready for the bad boy of baseball, Maddox Paige's book.

Maddox plays for Chicago and he has a reputation of being a hot head and bad boy. But with his best friend, Kinsley, he's a big softy. When Kinsley needs a place to stay in Chicago, Maddox offers his place to her without even thinking twice about it. Maddox and Kinsley are definitely opposites, but they work. They have been fr
Meghan Quinn
Jun 09, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

The bad boy of baseball is whipped!

It all started a month ago when I received a call from my best friend. She got a new job in Chicago and needed a place to stay. I've known the girl since I was five, what harm would it be to have her stay at my place for a while?

Can you guess? Total disaster. This is the story of how I fell in love with my best friend.

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

She’s my person.
My everything.

My heart and soul.
And I will do just about anything to keep her as mine…anything.

Maddox Paige is the notorious bad boy pitcher of the Chicago Rebels. We only started to get a glimpse into this tender soul in the previous book, ”The Trade”. Maddox grew up in a toxic environment, thanks to his abusive alcoholic father. Having endured his father’s rage for so many years has left an imprint on him. It’s why Madd
Elle G.
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Release Date: June 11, 2020
Actual Rating: 5+ stars

Sports (baseball) | Friends to Lovers Romance

I never thought I would use this word in a review but WOWZER! This book is insanely hot!!! I think its Meghan’s sexiest book yet! Gosh, I felt like I was MELTING while reading it!!!! Ladies be prepared because Maddox is going to STEAL YOUR HEART. I am not even exaggerating in the slightest either. This man is pure ALPHA GOODNESS! He’s a broody bad boy who likes to fight, but also a caring bear of
ren ♡
Hehehe, I'm going to shamelessly admit that it was the cover model that drew me to this book.

Not bad, for my first Meghan Quinn book! I really liked Maddox. He's my type: quiet, confident and private. AND he's an artist too! A man who draws? Where can I find one?

But Kinsley though? Far out, she was so annoying! I'm all for being an environmentalist, adopting pets and being vegan... but she was so damn pushy about it (yup, she's that preachy vegan) and so insensitive to other people's boundaries.
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️

🖤Follow me on Instagram for more edits🖤

Over the top pushy,frustrating, no respect for others boundaries and life choices heroine. Hero is ok, but I wasn't thrown off my feet by him.
I have all the respect for vegans, vegetarians and anything people choose as their life style,but I felt like every conviction and life choice Kinsley had was the only correct one and Maddox had to go with it. I saved some highlights to prove my point: she made him eat vegan food even if she saw he didn't pa
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Maddox Paige can get it!! He’s ruined me for all other book boyfriends in this series!

Gahhhhh! I’d been waiting, hoping, praying, and begging for Maddox’s story since we first met him. I knew it’d be something special and Meghan Quinn did not disappoint!! From this smoking hot cover to the amazingly touching story inside, The Change Up was a surefire winner! Meghan Quinn hits another home run!

Here’s what I loved:
There’s so much depth to Maddox Paige. His character caught me off guard in the very
Dali
Meghan Quinn always delivers and with The Change Up, she continues her sports romance series with a sweet, sexy and heartfelt read.
“I’m in this for the good, the bad, and the naughty.”

The Plot: In The Change Up, we get to meet Kinsley, Maddox Paige’s best friend. Maddox Paige is known as the bad boy of baseball with his dark, brooding persona and willingness to throw a punch on the field.

When his best friend is offered her dream job and the only obstacle is an affordable living s
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 4 STARS <3

I loved it , it was a fun and lighthearted read.I read it in one sitting and I enjoyed every minute of it!Maddox and Kinsley stole my heart with their amazing banter!I loved their interactions!They were sexy,fun and intense!

I adored them , I had a smile in my face with these two!The friendship between Kinsley and Maddox is one of my favorites , you can feel their relationship through the pages!This is the mane reason why I enjoyed so much the story!

Seline
Jun 11, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF 44%

I WAS SO EXCITED TO READ THIS I KNEW MADDOX WOULD HAVE HIS OWN BOOK!! However, I couldn’t quite connect to the characters and I didn’t feel the connection between Maddox and Kinsley which was disappointing. I might give this book another chance at a later date.
Ilsa Madden-Mills

BOOKBUB: https://www.bookbub.com/books/the-cha...

Steamy, funny, romantic, page-turner, original

Th
Antonella
Aug 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
there is so much wrong with both leading characters
sure I wanted to read about the bad boy Maddox we see mentioned in previous books, especially The Trade but boy oh boy..
wtf!!??!!
so if you care about animals and the environment, we can assume you are a good person
and if you are vegan, you are quirky and it is okay to have it your way of highway ???
aaand it is so funny when someone rummages trough your stuff and throws them away because you silly are living the wrong way...

characters are ca
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 24: Jun 7 – 13 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Jen (jensdreamylittlereads)
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Meghan Quinn hits another home run with this one. The The Change Up is Maddox Paige’s story and I fell for him hook, line and sinker. I’ve been waiting for Maddox’s book since he was first introduced. This brooding bad boy of baseball has been on my list of anticipated reads and I could not be happier with this story. This is a friends to lovers story that ticked the boxes for me.

The friendship between Kinsley and Maddox was one of my favorite parts of this book and watching it progress was a w
Prerana
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, ugh-romance
I'm going to have to be the odd one out here. It started out so well, and I was enjoying it so much . . .

Before it Fucked. Every. Single. Thing. Up.

I will tolerate a lot of things. Douche behavior can be chalked up to immaturity, and lack of communication skills is even a flaw that I have. I understand. Humans are imperfect. We all have flaws.

But do you know what I will not fucking tolerate?

Violence.

This book. Fucking. Sent. Me.

I was so excited for the best friends to lovers trope, along with a
Rachel Dyken

♛ Mademoiselle Smut ♛
5 Stars
description

Meghan Quinn has never disappointed, and always delivers a book packed with steaminess and comedy.

➖ Bad boy hero, check
➖ An awesome heroine with a big heart, check
➖ Roommates, check
➖ Best-friends turned lovers, check check check

description
Maddox, the bad boy of baseball, and Kinsley have been best friends since they were five. And when Kinsley gets a job in Chicago, Maddox offers her his home until she gets her feet on the ground. Only he has a few ground rules:
No bringing over strangers.
*~*Taryn Remington*~*
****PLEASE SEE BOTTOM FOR MY RANT ON HOLT ****

Ok. So here's the thing. I DO NOT like the friend-to-lovers trope. In fact, I refuse to read them. This book is an exception, I obviously knew that going in. The only reason I read it, is because I am invested in this series, and author. If one of my top-ten authors writes something, I read it.

That said, I am NOT one of those reviewers that goes all crazy googly eyed when my favorite authors release something and give it 5 🌟 no matter what. BUT, I HA
Willow Winters

BOOKBUB: https://www.bookbub.com/books/the-cha...

Steamy, funny, romantic, page-turner, original

Th
K. Bromberg

Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
****AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW****

5+ REBEL CROWNS

Omg! Without a doubt my favorite Meghan Quinn book and my favorite hero. My heart belongs to Maddox, and I don’t ever want it back.

Maddox. Slayer of hearts. Rebel pitcher. Too hot to touch. Lord, I couldn’t help but fall in love with this man. His love of Kinsley and all her parts just made me swoon. He accepts, appreciates and cherished her, and I couldn’t help but love him.

Kinsley was such a great heroine. I love her infectious and lovable at
Auntee
God I want to review this because somehow it made me cry.....maybe when I have more time.
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
3.5 stars. This heroine would have been THE WORST roommate to deal with. I don't know how the hero did it. ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
The Change Up just started off hilarious. I love when a story grabs my attention right away and this one definitely did that.

Maddox was super funny. And who can resist a a guy who would do anything for his female best friend? Not this girl that's for sure.

And Kinsley was the kind of girl I could see myself being friends with. She hates mornings and thinks it's totally acceptable for coffee to be hooked up with an IV.

So with all that going for it, I read and smiled and laughed out loud.

Meghan
Carmen Rae

Damn that was awesome. Since I picked up the first book in this series I have been a huge fan. They just have everything I personally could want in a sports romance. And every single one of them has added to my overall love of the series. Now i know i keep saying series and these are all written as stand alones and aren't linked as a series but they all interconnect. And even with my goldfish memory each one builds a little more on the overall story and adds extra dimensions to each couple and i
Penny Reid
Jun 12, 2020 marked it as to-read

Kennedy Ryan

Heather❀Kiss The Pages❀
I had the hardest time choosing a rating for this one. It was so sexy and hilarious with the most loveable, tattoed, swoon worthy hero. A solid 5 stars until ~ 80% of the book. The roommate romance/ close proximity trope was done so well and this book has one of the hottest sex scenes I've read in a while. However towards the end of the book there is an unnecessary conflict that brings out such an ugly side to the hero that was just so out of character for me. It was hard to recover after that e ...more
jos  (sportschicreads)
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙤𝙭 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙧𝙚𝙗𝙚𝙡 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙙, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚, 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚’𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚, 𝙝𝙚’𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 . . . 𝙖 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙢.”

Meghan Quinn is one of those stop and drop what you’re reading authors for me.

This best friend romance captured my attention immediately. I was cackling with laughter in the prologue 😅

Best friends, baseball, and bromances. This book has all that and more.

Maddox and Kinsley cou

• Southern Comfort (Southern, #2)
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • At First Sight (A Modern Fairytale, #7)
  • Coffee Girl (Coffee Book #1)
  • Regrets (The Sterlings #1)
  • Straight Up Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #2)
  • The Wrong Kind of Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #1)
  • Wrapped in Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #4)
  • Where the Lost Wander
  • My Sinful Nights (Sinful Men, #1)
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • Revived (Revved, #2)
  • Idol (VIP, #1)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • The Storm (The Storm, #3.5)
  • Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Crowned by Fate (Crowned #2)
See top shelves…
Like me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/meghanquinna...

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the

The Brentwood Boys (7 books)
  • The Locker Room (The Brentwood Boys, #1)
  • The Dugout (The Brentwood Boys, #2)
  • The Lineup (The Brentwood Boys, #3)
  • The Trade (The Brentwood Boys, #4)
  • The Setup (The Brentwood Boys, #6)
  • The Strike Out (The Brentwood Boys, #7)