Start by marking “Copywriting Secrets” as Want to Read:
Copywriting Secrets

Copywriting Secrets

What if you could sell anything to anyone?

Nobody is born knowing how to sell. But the truth is, you can learn how to sell more . . . a LOT more . . . when you discover the right words that make people buy.

Copywriting is selling. Whether online, offline, in video, direct mail, on Facebook, or from the stage, copywriting is how you put words together that make people click,
Paperback, First, 265 pages
Published September 30th 2019 by Author Academy Elite

To ask other readers questions about Copywriting Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Copywriting Secrets

Start your review of Copywriting Secrets
Grant
Mar 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. Decent overview of some fundamental copywriting concepts, but quite repetitive in parts. He makes the empathy/emotion/meaning point far too many times. Some chapters seemed unnecessary and even weird, like "the magic desk". The chapter on "FRED/your ideal customer" is pretty much the same idea of buyer personas you've likely read about in 100 marketing books already. If this is the first marketing book you've ever read, maybe that can have value to you. Funnel Scripts is pitched too man ...more
Mindy
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great book on copywriting. It is written in a conversational way.

Whether you are new or experienced in copywriting, you will get some gems out of this book.

You will get a good understanding of what makes a good copy. There are good examples in the book. There are also exercises in the book that will help you with writing copies.

People cares about themselves only.

To write a good copy, you need to understand their problems and emotions. Get inside their mind. Explain how will this benefit them a
RehanJamshed
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'd say this is the best book for anyone who's just starting out on their copywriting journey.

Many people would say it is repetitive, but that's what makes it good. The author uses different scenarios and practices to show how some highly effective tips could be used to create compelling copy.

One great thing I learned from this book was how to stop a reader in their tracks. Good copy isn't about writing something fancy, it's mostly about stopping people in their tracks and deeply connecting wi
Chris Tucker
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!

I am impressed with how simple he makes the task of copywriting. I do not have his funnelscript product and got so much from this book. If you are trying to catch attention from the right clients I would highly recommend this book.

The crazy part is this is a "free" book just pay shipping so the cost is minimal. Well worth a reread.

Just a couple of things that I have tabbed...
pg.16: 10 reasons people buy

pg.42-47: Headline templates

pg.85-86: Building an effective bullet

pg.28
Eva Keiffenhem
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was ok
I was interested in learning how to write better copy. But after reading this book I feel moral resistance. In this book, Jim Edwards explains how to use psychological triggers to manipulate people into buying.

The book in one sentence: Effective copywriting is about manipulating emotions.

The book itself is a sales pitch aimed at those who might buy into the Clickfunnels type of marketing. Plus it feels like Edwards fought hard to reach the 300-page mark. I wish he followed Stephen King's advice
Robert Szolga
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marketing
I used to study great copywriting classics like Ogilvy, Hopkins, and Sugarman, but I realized I didn't have the results I wanted. Talking to a friend about this, he recommended me to read Copywriting Secrets and I can say that I learned from this book more effective techniques that apply to our times and the age of the internet.

The book contains effective tips and examples, which you can implement immediately. It is a good book for both beginners and intermediate and advanced. The book is a must
James Jimenez
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jim has done the copywriting profession a great service

You’ll get the most out of this book if you’ve read other copywriting classics before but this is still very applicable to the beginner.

What Russell Brunson did for online marketing, Jim has done for copywriting.

Great job Jim!
Celina
Nov 16, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a good into to the concept and reason for copywriting. It's implied that the reader is a business owner trying to diy their marketing, which is reasonable and speaks to the author's niche audience.

Covers the main idea behind writing copy. Included easy to visualize concepts to help create copy relevant to the niche one is in.

Good beginner book.
Ietrio
Nov 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: junk
Edwards, like virtually all motivational speakers, will exhibit spending as proof of his argument worth.

Apparently Edwards started as a copywriter, yet at a certain point he moved on to motivational speaking.

And the secrets are weird at best :

> Secret #2: One Man's Journey With Sales Copy

Oh, so that is both a secret and a way to push your copyright forward.
Rob Saunders
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some solid insights from Jim here.

My personal highlights were the FRED - Fears, Results, Emotions, Dreams (I think) and thinking about someone as one individual rather than your audience base as a whole.

Again - the book will change bullet points for me forever not just the feature but what it means to the end-user and what it does for their lives.
sabrine ♡
Mar 12, 2021 rated it did not like it
It sucks that I bought this for a lot of money but most of its contents are mere recycled reiterations of Russell Brunson content. You may achieve more perusing Dotcom secrets or marketing videos on youtube. I’m not even disappointed because even the sequels of Dotcom felt repetitive, nothing I haven’t read about in the first book.
Jason Morris
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jim Edwards has great strategies and examples culminating his decades of experience writing ad copy. This book is an easy read but packed with tons of valuable information. I have several sticky notes throughout for quick reference.
H.J. Chammas
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best ever advice about copywriting that start makeing you money the moment you apply secret#1

I was applying every secret - 1 by 1 - and immediately saw my sales on Amazon and my website moving upwards.
Amazing actionable advice every online entrepreneur shall have.
J. T.
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get the highlighting finger ready

I've never come across a book so packed with value. I knew my copy sucked which is why I bought the book. I spent the next weeks tinkering and rewriting over and over as I made my way through the book.
Thanks Jim.
Adrian Wons
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yes it is written in this American sales guru style. But if you take this into account and kind of translate it to your own market, you can take a lot of valuable stuff out of it. The first half is really valuable, the second have becomes less valuable from page to page
Vicente
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great intro to copywriting strategies

Liked the simple explanations.
Great practical examples.
Easy to implement ideas.
Learned more about my own product as I practice my copywriting.
Dejan
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This one is up there with all the other copywriting classics for me.

Jim offers a lot of value in these 200 or so pages with no-nonsense, straight to the point content.

If you're an aspiring copywriter and/or marketer, Copywriting Secrets is a must-read for you.
Carson Quarnberg
Apr 19, 2021 rated it liked it
Another one read for work. Much more fun to read than the other one, and at least this one isn't sexist lol. Def should've been edited better but I'm learning that people who talk about copywriting don't seem to care as much about that. ...more
Mark Jensen
A couple decent nuggets, but mostly just a 300 page self aggrandizing ad for the authors other services. Skim reading material at best
Tiffani Gardner
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was definitely a page turner for me. This book makes copywriting less intimidating and less boring. Reading this book will make you a better seller.
Sebastien Marchi
Great book

Great book. I highly recommend it. The outline put forth in this book is very straight forward. Read and apply what you levarn
Tamara Service-Grgas
Awesome writing advice & Info

Jim does a great job of sharing his expertise in this book. I am excited to apply it to my copy writing.
Jaron Swab
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Easy read and very informational. A great book to pick up if you want to learn how to write copy.
Nudthasit Suriyasuk
Fun read! Great info!

I love this book. It's not too over-simplified like Rusell's books. Highly recommended for anyone start learning how to write highly effective sales copy.
Andrew Hall
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. I listened to the audiobook while using the pictures from the book. Very good. Going “off-script on the audio book was wonderful. A goldmine.
Panagiotis Kafkarkou
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Very simple to follow. I always have it next to me when writing copy.
Aimée Drost
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book for every marketeer or copy writer!!! So much insights
Joe Emery
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great book — especially for junior copywriters. It’s a great go-to manual, too.
Rob Y
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This seems like a great crash course in copywriting and sales. I would probably modify some of his techniques so I don’t always feel like I’m selling Oxiclean or a Shamwow, but it got the point across very effectively. I really appreciated the way he spelled everything out in great detail, presented it as a process you can follow, and provided reasoning at every step.
Donald
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's very repetitive, but repetition is king... ...more

• Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers
  • SELL LIKE CRAZY: How to Get As Many Clients, Customers and Sales As You Can Possibly Handle
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • The Boron Letters
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business
  • Superfans: The Easy Way to Stand Out, Grow Your Tribe, And Build a Successful Business
  • Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds
  • The One Sentence Persuasion Course - 27 Words to Make the World Do Your Bidding
  • 12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
  • Ogilvy on Advertising
  • The Superman Syndrome--The Magic of Myth in The Pursuit of Power: The Positive Mental Moxie of Myth for Personal Growth
  • How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
  • Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
  • Running Blind (Jack Reacher, #4)

News & Interviews

“Meaning creates emotion.” 0 likes
“Features don’t make somebody buy something. The benefit of those features gets them to buy from you.” 0 likes