Start by marking “Taken to Nobu (Xiveri Mates #2)” as Want to Read:
Taken to Nobu (Xiveri Mates #2)

Taken to Nobu

(Xiveri Mates #2)

Kiki
There's no way I'm letting this alien who calls me his Xiveri mate claim me as his. He may say the right things and stir emotions in me I never expected to feel again for any male, but his kind has already taken too much from me as is.

Trapped now on his harsh, snow-consumed planet waiting to be hunted, with no way of escape, I'll do the only thing I can. The one thing
ebook, 1st
Published June 16th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Taken to Nobu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken to Nobu

Start your review of Taken to Nobu (Xiveri Mates #2)
Mahima
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-for-reviews
**ARC received in exchange of an honest review**
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

So like the previous book this again has reached the mark of '5 star deserving books'. Elizabeth you did it again!! I knew it was going to be amazing!!

So the plotting was great, where an entirely different planet Nobu has been brought up. I loved the hierarchy system with all those big and formal sounding titles. The real spice of the book is their super duper awesome characters, which I really loved. And the elements which has been put into.
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Untitled design-High-Quality
My Review

This second book we get to catch back up with kiki and her Xivera mate when we last saw them she was still recovering in the healing tank from her extensive injuries sustained on the human colony.
Awakening now on Nobu she again finds herself a participant in the mountain run.
This hunt has been arranged in her honour new mate still under the mistaken assumption that it is a human custom as well as one of his own.

Though initially frightened and thinking that she is again in the clutches of her pas
Michelle Claypot_Reads
I thought I loved book one, but book two just blew me away. I don’t understand how this author isn’t better known. Her dialogue, world building and the way she makes you feel every emotion the humans and aliens feel is just amazing. If you want to be transported by a story then this one’s for you!

KiKi is fierce. She’s a true Warrior Queen and I fell for her hard. Her rough and jaded outside hides a broken and beautiful inside.

And Kinan - well he has a spot in my Book Boyfriend Hall of Fame. I
Laz the Sailor
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi, smut
This second entry in the series focuses on a different couple on a different planet - this one is all snow and ice. Kiki is a warrior recovering from a disastrous situation. She hates to lose, which makes it difficult for her to move forward. However, the local warlord has found her to be his fated mate, so he must find a way for her to recover her strength and pride. A few adventures follow, along with some lustiness. She finally escapes from her internal cage and is able to destroy her enemy i ...more
Julie - One Book More
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Taken to Nobu is a fabulous addition to the Xiveri Mates series. We first met Kiki, the protagonist, in Taken to Voraxia when she valiantly defended Miari from vicious beasts and was severely injured in the process. Kiki spends the remainder of that story incapacitated and recuperating from her wounds.

At the beginning of this book, Kiki, now healed, learns that she is on a foreign planet, and she is about to participate in a hunt. Traumatized by the hunts practiced on her home planet and the sex
Izzie d
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alien
Really good story.
Strong heroine.
Virgin Hero.
Huge misunderstandings due to cultural differences.
Other woman drama.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
No cheating.
No interest in others.
Heroine was a victim of rape in previous book, it happened prior to the start of book 1 but events are referred to, though vague.
HEA.
Previous couple appear and breadcrumbs dropped for future books in series.
Karen
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Stephens does it again. Taken to Nobu is brilliantly written. Full of superb scenes of love, lust and battles. Perfect addition to the Xiveri Mates series.

Kiki, tormented human with trust issues after a harrowing hunt on her home colony. Injured trying to protect Miari, who was petrified of her fate. What is to become once she awakens from her injuries?

Okkari, strong, loyal warrior. In Taken to Voraxia Okkari goes to the human colony with the Rakukana to assist the Rakukana in claimin
Rachel
I loved this! I loved that once he realized what happened to Kiki, he wanted to "woo" her. I also liked his version of "wooing". It flowed really well and as she gradually began to change her mind, it was very easy to understand. It wasn't like his dick was magic or someone flipped a switch and she was all of a sudden ok with everything. Her mental process as the book progressed made sense and it really made the whole book that much better. The whole book was sweet and I loved what happened to J ...more
Katie
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance lovers, sci-fi fans, lovers of strong females
Shelves: lockdown
Another amazing novel by Elizabeth Stephens.

This is a love story in a cold and foreign land. It prods you to ponder the connotations behind the term 'alien'. Negative? Positive? Both?

Alpha female meets alpha male. Sizzling love scenes. Intense battles of mind and strength.

My favourite passage in the book is where Kiki reminisces about Kinan speaking to his people of her. She recalls how 'he didn't tell them about my beauty. He told them about my might.'
Elizabeth Stephens
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thanks to everyone for reading and extra extra thanks to those who have/will/are leaving reviews! It goes a long way.

The first 3 books in the Xiveri Mates series are available in 2020 while the next 3 books will be released in 2021. Each Xiveri Mates book can be read as a standalone, but you'll get more out of book 2 by reading book 1 first. Books 3 & 6 take place outside of the Voraxian solar system and thus can be read in any order.

Complete series:
Taken to Voraxia (Miari and Xoran): April
CorvusAnima
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Although this is book two of the Xiver Mates series, both books can be read as standalone (with some minor missing pieces). Compare to book one, this book was darker and a bit harder to get through. I just recently discovered this author in one of my groups, and her first story, Taken to Voraxia, was amazing! I really love book one; the perfect combination of an alpha male alien and sweet romance. However, Taken to Nobu, the romance felt a bit off to me. Especially with them being together so so ...more
Mary Lynne
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth Stephens continues her fascinating SFF series about humans who’ve been living in an alien culture for a long time but who are only now beginning to truly integrate with other species—with all the challenges that brings—with Taken to Nobu. This second book in the Xiveri Mates series deals with the assumptions we all make, and the prisms through which we see any incident. And this book starts with a doozy—what Kinan thinks he is doing to respect Kiki’s culture after he met her during a H ...more
Stephanie
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book, I loved the depth of love between Kiki and Okkari. It starts with Kiki waking up on Nobu after being unconscious while she was healing from life threatening injuries that she incurred in the beginning of the first book Taken to Voraxia.
She is immediately thrown into a mate hunt on the icy planet where Okkari tracks her through snow and swamp to claim her. From there they work to form a relationship while trying to understand one another.
My favorite part of this book w
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the next book in series. This author does an amazing job of blending the development of characters and cultural misunderstandings into a plot that didn't allow me to put the book down. I loved the first book and would recommend that people start with that one. It is possible to jump right into this book but the background from the first book gives a better understanding of the universe and characters. The book does have some darkness and the main character is dealing with trauma f ...more
April
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! All the negative comments I had about book 1 were fixed in this one. Fans of sci fi romance should definitely give it a chance. Although each book is it's own story, I think they should be read in order to get the full backstory on Kiki. I'll be waiting for book 3!!! ...more
Lily
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! This series is so good and I simply can’t get enough! Elizabeth killed it with this one! I loved Kinan’s patience and devotion. Kiki was damaged, but also one fierce heroine. Her strength was something I would love to have. Once these two get together it’s so hot. I highly recommend this series! I am hoping we get 5-7 books😉 greedy much? Probably but I’m loving it!
M'liss Williams
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you this story was amazing!! Fell in love with the characters!! I could not put it down!! There was action and drama and always love!!
Anne-Marie
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Turning adversity into triumph!

This series is amazing! There is just as much emotion as the first, but it focuses on how the individual is completely changed by her severe abuse and uses that to let go of her fear and hate, channeling it into making her into a better person, not just for herself, but also for her husband and her new commitment to her new world and community. Doing this, she ends up inspiring others. She becomes a hero!
Magda Fourie Fourie
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, arc, books-2020
While still a fun read with nice world building, I did like the first book more. Still an engaging read that I can reccomend for anyone loving this genre.
Nike
Best book of the series so far, highly recommend
The second book in the series and I have to say. This book is my favorite so far, great story, live the h and H can wait for the next installment
skystring
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Too much like another book

This book had action but tended to be long winded. It reminded me too much of a Very similar book.... The intimate scenes were mild and forgettable. I just kept comparing the two books and this one is .... inadequate.
Missmoone
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would highly suggest you read book 1 to understand the background of Kiki's mindset, otherwise you will be frustrated right out the gate with her behavior and attitude. The beginning opens up with a quick summation of what took place for her to get where she is now. We get more insight into the meaning of titles and names( those freak'n names), and the world building is also expanded.
The first half of the story was a lesson in patience. Both Kiki and Kinan rarely had any real dialogue between
Brona
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fab read. Well written and highly recommend!

Like my previous review of book one; I was shocked by how much I loved this alien romance tale. Carrying on from the world that Stephens built in book one, Taken to Nobu follows characters we were already introduced to. With strong females at the front of her stories, women's issues around violence and second rate citizens are weaved into gritty fiction with some hot sex scenes that you don't even realise your being taught a lesson about how humans in
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first

The first book was great, the second book was excellent. With so many writers basically doing a “wash, rinse, repeat” with their main characters in a series (maybe throwing in a few curveballs), Mrs Stephens gave two different stories that still tie into the overall arc. This book felt familiar in ways that brought some tears. Kiki’s pain, Kinan’s healing were very real and emotional. The growth of Kiki was beautifully done, and the ending was amazing. The first book is not
Lit
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*Edit* I received an arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Ms. Stephens has done it again! I was waiting on pins and needles for this to come out, and it did not disappoint. Kiki and Kinan were beautiful together and just perfect for each other.

I love how the author makes you think one thing is going to happen but then surprises you with something else just as she did in the first book. The cultural misunderstandings played out so well that I couldn’t even be upset at Kinan’s though
April Robinson
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Stephens has worked her way into being on of my favorite authors.

Taken to Nobu is book 2 in the Xiveri Mates Series. I fell in love with Kiki and Kinan. The characters growth throughout the book was amazing and I really enjoyed the world building. Kiki had experienced trauma and had to learn to overcome some preconceived notions of the species as a hole. We got to see both her strength and vulnerability. Kinan made some mistakes and learned from them. I loved how he truly saw Kiki.
I
Lisa M
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This author sure knows how to wring the emotions! This is her 2nd book in the Xiveri Mates storyline and it is even better than the last! I will say that if you are triggered by implied rape, you may want to skip this book. However, this book goes far past that and really brings home a HEA. Also, if you skip this book, you may want to read some other of this authors works because she really knows how to engage the audience! Great world building and quite descriptive! I will be on the lookou ...more
ASHLEIGH C BERRY
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Elizabeth Stephens writing and this book was no exception. I’m an avid reader and her skills of world and character building are incredibly impressive. As with the first book in this series, I was immersed immediately and couldn’t put it down. If you think you’ll enjoy an action packed, sci-fi, romance, give it a shot! I’m eagerly awaiting the 3 book!
Alicia
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Loved it! This sequel to Taken to Voraxia is better then the first! I can’t wait for more books about these characters. Elizabeth Stephens really knows how to handle and address sensitive topics and make you feel empowered.
Quinn
Mar 07, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve taken a brief hiatus from writing reviews, which means I didn’t get the chance to review Voraxia before moving on to this one. Although the basis of this review is Taken to Nobu, you can view it as a bit of a hybrid, carrying themes from the previous book.

I’m really liking this series so far. For those of us looking for a romance that doesn’t skimp on plot, Stephens is excellent at blending world building, plot, and romance. So much so that she has been the first and only author to convinc
« previous 1 3 next »

• Riv's Sanctuary (Riv’s Sanctuary, #1)
  • Alien Wanted (Zyanthan Warriors #2)
  • Madness of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar #3)
  • Ajos (The Restitution #1)
  • Heart's Prisoner (Dark World Mates #1)
  • Dark's Savior (Dark World Mates #2)
  • Sohut’s Protection (Riv’s Sanctuary, #2)
  • Beyond the Next Star (Love Beyond #1)
  • The Quarry Master (Stolen by an Alien, #7)
  • Captured (Garrison Earth, #1)
  • Chosen by the Rakian Commander (Rakian Warrior Mates #1)
  • Vork (Mail-Order Brides of Crakair, #1)
  • A Family for the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #4)
  • Rexor (Stolen Warriors #1)
  • Native (Chosen, #4)
  • His (Earth Women for Alien Warriors, #1)
  • Decadence (Darkstar Mercenaries #4)
  • Battle Won (Space Warrior Adventures, #1)
Tough heroines & possessive Alphas solve mysteries, fight epic battles, and fall in love in Elizabeth's diverse romance & SciFi novels.

Elizabeth Stephens has been living in a fantasy world since she was 11, and in 2015 finally translated her imagination to print! An author of romantic suspense and science fiction, she is a big fan of inclusion and her books always include kick ass ladies of color.

Xiveri Mates (5 books)
  • Taken to Voraxia (Xiveri Mates #1)
  • Taken to Sasor (Xiveri Mates #3)
  • Taken to Heimo (Xiveri Mates #4)
  • Taken to Kor (Xiveri Mates #5)

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...