Start by marking “The Last Atlantian” as Want to Read:
The Last Atlantian

The Last Atlantian

Spencer did not plan to work on her birthday. She didn't plan a lot of things, but they happened anyway. Like, when she touched a guy and he turned into a gold statue, or when some stranger appeared to tell her she was in danger. She didn't plan to see her life forever changed by one simple act, and it still happened anyway.

What Spencer doesn't know is why. Why is all this
Published December 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Last Atlantian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Atlantian

Start your review of The Last Atlantian
Emmett J.
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

Mikko writes for young adults but easily finds a home in the hearts of any generation. She has joined my list of favorite authors. I'm not going to repeat what the story is about, although the title is a clue, and let you get right on to reading her book for yourself.
Katrina Forest
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
The Last Atlantian is very much a wish-fulfillment story. This isn't a positive or negative assessment; it's simply a category the book falls into, as much as it falls in the young adult age group and the fantasy genre. In the tradition of this story type, Spencer is minding her own business on her seventeenth birthday when magic suddenly bursts into her life. It begins when a customer pushes his way into the cafe where she works, tries unsuccessfully to flirt and get her number, and ultimately ...more
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Xpresso Book Tours and Mikki Noble for this free copy. All quotes in this review are taken from the Advanced Reader Copy and may change in final publication.

Okay first of all, I love that the main character’s name is Spencer. It gives me PLL vibes, not gonna lie, but I think it matches our girl perfectly in this novel. So I just had to mentioned that before I get started.
 CCAM&GZM
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Despise several backfires which could have spoiled the fun, I had a nice time reading The Last Atlantian. One of the reasons is the pace at which the story flows. The beginning is good and the quest to come sounded promising.

Another reason is the humor received in small but enough doses here and there, humor offered especially by Spencer’s (the main character) reactions and dialogues (including those internal). Her acceptance of what it happens comes easily enough most of the time but seeing the
Matthew
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More... more...more! More story please. So good so good
Andrew Klos
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice new twist on the myth

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and its take on the myth of Atlantis. It was well paced and the action flowed nicely. My only complaint was the ending was that of a stand alone book. I really hope we get more of Spencer's adventures.
Jessica (Read book. Repeat)
This review is part of the blog tour for The Last Atlantian, please visit my blog www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com on the 27th of January for my stop as well as details for the giveaway that is being hosted.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Xpresso Tours in exchange for an honest review as part of this book's blog tour.

It's Spencer's birthday today. Her seventeenth birthday to be exact, and unfortunately, she has to work. Her day was already shaping up to be not the greate
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Spencer was upset that she had to work on her birthday but we don't always get what we want. Yeah and her day is not turning out to be a happy day. A guy comes into the café making demands of Spencer so when he grabs her she turns him into gold.

What? How did she do that? Who is she? What is she? These are some of the questions that were floating around in Spencer's head.

Then a couple of guys in gold robes show up trying to take Spencer away but luckily this cute guy steps in and stops the gold
Michelle
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
The Last Atlantian by Mikki Noble is a young adult fantasy with mythology roots. I am hoping this is the start to a series because after reading this story, I can really picture how it can be expanded. I enjoyed this adventure tale. It was a mashup of king midas with his golden touch mixed with the mythology and folk lore of the atlantis society. It was a lot of fun.

In the Last Atlantian we meet out main character Spencer as she turns 17. Right away, some strange things start to happen. Within t
Darlene Toulouse
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love it and really enjoyed the twist
Abby Paul
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anie
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic
I love mythology of any kind, so I was very excited to read a book that has to do with Atlantis. And I was not disappointed.

While the origins are the same, the author took a myth and put an entirely new spin on it. I love the storyline, the way the story is slowly revealing itself, through the action.
Spencer is 17 years old working in her best friends' parent’s coffee shop to earn for her own car. She is very unhappy when she has to work on her actual birthday. There is a regular at the coffee
Cecilia Lyra
Rhonda
added it
Apr 24, 2021
Mikki Noble
Oct 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Dec 14, 2019
Nancy
Dec 14, 2019

• The Most Fun We Ever Had
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • This is the Story of a Happy Marriage
  • The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)
  • Malice
  • Good Girls Lie
  • The Unwilling
  • Rogue Princess
  • The Diseased Ones (The Hollis Timewire Series, #1)
  • Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • The Seventh Sun (The Age of the Seventh Sun, #1)
  • The Waking of Ghosts (Lost Souls Academy, #1)
  • Deadly Games (Dallas after Dark, #2)
  • Betrayal (Amber Fang #2)
  • Never Date a Doctor (Life Lessons #1)
  • Mountain Gods
Mikki, the eccentric Canadian, has been writing in some form or another for nearly a quarter of a century; since writing her very first poem at age eleven. She lives in Ontario, Canada, with her cats, guinea pig and rabbit. She found her niche in teen fiction because it’s captivating, open-minded, fast-paced, and every sense is heightened. And that’s also the reason why it’s her favorite genre to ...more

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...